daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2016, 06:36 PM   #981
dj4life

Likes (Received): 48597

Plus, the new and upgraded suburban railway (pendeltċg) and regional trains should be premiered until/in 2017. The next year will be full of improvements.

Swede, Zaz965 liked this post
dj4life no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2016, 06:40 PM   #982
dj4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Source!

That's the third article I've seen over the last few months - and none have any new info really.

2017 is next year! The C30 and Citybanan are both coming next year. Will be awesome.

I wonder how the first roll-out of the C30 will be handled. The C20 was packed on the first day, lots of us wanting to try it. Doors malfunctioned after a few hours and that train had to be pulled from service. Took a few years for the doors to be properly reliable on the C20 iirc.
Reading this made me think about a Stockholm meetup of forumers, who are interested in trying the new metro cars or even Citybanan after innauguration. It would be really fun to be one of the first passengers to try C30.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 5th, 2016, 10:54 PM   #983
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

A bit early to be planning that now, but I'd be up for another forumer meetup in Stockholm.
I'm guessing us in YIMBY will be doing one, I'm sure all the SSCers are welcome too YIMBY got started in the SSC Stockholm thread, after all.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ŝróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

dj4life liked this post
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:17 AM   #984
dj4life

Citybanan

Source
Old January 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #985
InK.fan

Likes (Received): 1091

The first drive:

http://www.svtplay.se/klipp/5874518/...r-pa-citybanan

System.out.println("Hello SSC!");

dimlys1994, Swede, dj4life liked this post
InK.fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:14 AM   #986
OzFrog
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
A bit early to be planning that now, but I'd be up for another forumer meetup in Stockholm.
I'm guessing us in YIMBY will be doing one, I'm sure all the SSCers are welcome too YIMBY got started in the SSC Stockholm thread, after all.
I'm actually coming to Stockholm for Eurovision this year, so might be a good plan to meet up around that time

Swede liked this post
OzFrog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:36 AM   #987
dj4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by InK.fan View Post
That's great news! Thank you for sharing.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 17th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #988
Swede
forumer #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFrog View Post
I'm actually coming to Stockholm for Eurovision this year, so might be a good plan to meet up around that time
Not a bad idea. We could try for a meet-up then.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Ŝróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

OzFrog liked this post
Old January 18th, 2016, 01:13 PM   #989
FabriFlorence

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
I agree completely. The line/branch is very poorly thought through. A slap-dash idea that was small enough (and touching a couple of places that are seeing serious construction) that the politicos could scrape together funding for this bit. Any more long-term planning seems absent.

The mistakes in the vid do take a transit nerd to spot - but will confuse some others
The vids themselves, those I'm impressed with. Very well made.
I've found on internet this very long-term project (2070!). I don't know if it's real or is just an intention.

dimlys1994 liked this post
FabriFlorence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 02:15 PM   #990
Swede
forumer #29

That's not an official plan, that's from MTR and some major actors in the construction industry.
Not from the City, County or the public transit authority.

The Yellow line as it looks like it will be built can not really be made inte the start of that line. The Blue line extension as it will be built will take the Hagsätra branch from the Green line, not the Farsta branch.

That map is third-party wishes, made before the current expansion plans were solidified.
Old January 18th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #991
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26132

More on Citybanan:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...tml?channel=00

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

dj4life liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #992
InK.fan

Video from first drive in Citybanan.

Old January 18th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #993
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8818

Wow, they really have advanced on Citybanan. Would actually enjoy being on the next walkthrough given how complete it's looking now. Good stuff! Might even open early?

Quote:
Not a bad idea. We could try for a meet-up then.
Yeah, somehow I don't think I'd be very welcome there, though.
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #994
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Could somebody please post or repost a map of where the current plan of the Yellow Line is supposed to go? Not a network diagram- I'd like to see a geographically accurate map, if possible, like a google map or something. What about this project makes it a shame? Is it not being built for future southern extension?

Also some of the maps of Citybanan posted in this thread, mention "etapp 2" of construction for the Odenplan station. It seems to show two more tracks and a second platform. Is that part of the initial construction or is it something to be built in the future, or maybe even abandoned altogether?
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 08:01 PM   #995
Swede
forumer #29

This is a rough sketch I made a few weeks ago in google maps:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...V4&usp=sharing

That it isn't built to be able to expand to the south (i.e. through the inner city and beyond) is the main issue, yes. I'd say that's like 90% of the problem. The rest is how it mostly just doubles the commuter train stretch Odenplan-SolnaStation, which will be operational in 2017.
The expected passenger numbers for the Yellow line are way to low to motivate a subway.

I'm actually not sure what's up with phase 2 of Odenplan for Citybanan. The plan was to excavate the whole cave as part of the initial cave creation but to not use the space where the eastern two tracks (and platform) would go til years later. Not sure what has been done though. I'll ask them! They're good at answering stuff like this on twitter

InK.fan, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old January 19th, 2016, 12:08 AM   #996
Swede
forumer #29

Got replies!
The preparation done is just the start of the tunnels that will lead to the cave for the 3rd and 4th tracks and the second platform. Plus that the access-tunnel for construction is of course kept.
The projections made were that the other half of the station would be needed in 2030.

I doubt it will take that long given how much faster Stockholm is growing compared to predictions.
Old January 19th, 2016, 09:02 AM   #997
dj4life

This is how the subway station in Telefonplan can look like once the project 'Tellus Towers' (planning stage) is realised by 2020:

Source

Source

Source

Source

Swede, dimlys1994, InK.fan, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by dj4life; January 19th, 2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old January 19th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #998
OzFrog
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Ha, why's that?
Old January 19th, 2016, 02:44 PM   #999
Swede
forumer #29

Quote:
Wow, they really have advanced on Citybanan. Would actually enjoy being on the next walkthrough given how complete it's looking now. Good stuff! Might even open early?
Not sure there'll be another walkthrough. I don't think it'll open early, but they have changed the scheduled completion from what was first said iirc. 2017 now means like real early 2017. So about a year from now(!).
I think I've read that one issue is that the old trains can't handle the inclines in the tunnel so they need more new trains (which has been ordered, but not delivered yet).
You've been reading these threads for a long time now, is that how you remember it too?

Quote:
The more the merrier!
Old January 22nd, 2016, 02:11 PM   #1000
InK.fan

Short status report video from Trafikverket about Citybanan:

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden