daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 20th, 2016, 04:34 PM   #1081
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26132

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/i...-tracking.html

Comsa wins Roslagsbanan double-tracking
20 Jul 2016

The Roslagsbanan station at Bällsta was rebuilt in conjunction with double-tracking of the Kragstalund – Vallentuna section

SWEDEN: Regional transport authority AB Storstockholms Lokaltrafik has awarded a €26m contract to Spanish construction company Comsa for double-tracking a 5·2 km section of the 891 mm gauge Roslagsbanan network to the northeast of the capital.

Under an expansion strategy adopted in 2010, SL is planning to introduce more frequent commuter services on both the northern line to Vallentuna, where a new EMU depot is to be built at Molnby, and as far as Åkersberga on the eastern branch to Österskär. Work began in March on the reconstruction of 3·5 route-km through the junction at Roslags Nasby, which will see the second track extended to Tibble by January 2018. The rebuilding of Roslags Nasby station will include the construction of new park and ride facilities

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Petr liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #1082
dimlys1994

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/n...emu-order.html

Stadler wins Stockholm Roslagsbanan EMU order
24 Aug 2016

SWEDEN: Stockholm County Council’s Traffic Committee announced on August 23 that it had selected Stadler to supply 22 three-car electric multiple-units for use on the 891 mm gauge Roslagsbanan network to the northeast of Stockholm. The SKr2bn contract includes options for a further 45 sets.

Stadler beat bids from Bombardier, Vossloh, CAF and Pesa. Deliveries are due to begin in 2020, for entry into service the following year, when the X15P sets will augment the existing fleet of 101 EMU cars in use on Roslagsbanan

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
Old August 24th, 2016, 06:05 PM   #1083
Maadeuurija

Likes (Received): 532

Any pics of the winning design?
Maadeuurija no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2016, 02:36 PM   #1084
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

I have yet to see any.
btw - the current EMU:s used on the line are called X10p, so having the new ones be called X15p just follows the same pattern.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 07:55 PM   #1085
InK.fan

Likes (Received): 1091

Sunday, 18 september the Odenplan station will be open for visitors.

http://www.trafikverket.se/nara-dig/...olm-odenplan2/

System.out.println("Hello SSC!");

dimlys1994 liked this post
InK.fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2016, 09:59 PM   #1086
dimlys1994

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/i...completed.html

Stockholm Citybanan tracklaying completed
08 Sep 2016

SWEDEN: National infrastructure authority Trafikverket has completed the final tracklaying for the Stockholm Citybanan project.

Tracks had already been laid through the 6 km cross-city tunnel, where test running is already underway. The final phase of the work began on August 30, when InfraNord’s SWM 1000 tracklaying train was used to install track on the 1·4 km Älvsjöbågen viaduct to the south of the city

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Attus, Swede, dj4life, Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
Old September 9th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #1087
Swede
forumer #29

We're only about a year away from Citybanan opening now!
I'm sure there'll be some issues initially, but won't take long before the reliability of the new set-up will be noticed by most people. Especially how problems with the main line won't affect the commuter trains and vice versa.

Also: that viaduct is for the in-bound mainline trains. So the improved view from going a full level higher will be a nice way for people visiting Stockholm to see the inner 'burbs. Especially if you're on the upper deck of a double decker train.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

dj4life liked this post
Old September 9th, 2016, 12:44 PM   #1088
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8819

We're not quite finished at Stockholm Södra with the track laying. Almost there, though.
Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2016, 01:45 PM   #1089
Swede
forumer #29

Those tracks are "just" for the final removal of the old line connections and installing the new ones. i.e. not long stretches of running track, more like points and tracks connecting to the new points.
Or am I missing something?
Old September 9th, 2016, 01:51 PM   #1090
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
Those tracks are "just" for the final removal of the old line connections and installing the new ones. i.e. not long stretches of running track, more like points and tracks connecting to the new points.
Or am I missing something?
Aha, my bad. I just saw that platform one had no tracks at all left because they were re-laying them.
Old September 9th, 2016, 02:23 PM   #1091
Swede
forumer #29

I did not know that. That could very well be the case. Taking the opportunity to give the tracks at the station an update? sounds plausible.
Old September 9th, 2016, 04:20 PM   #1092
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
I did not know that. That could very well be the case. Taking the opportunity to give the tracks at the station an update? sounds plausible.
Yeah, most likely. It's part of the reason for many of the rail delays for both the pendeltåg and long distance trains - we only have a single northbound track through Stockholm Södra, which really causes massive bottlenecks. Often during rush hour there is a steady stream of trains through the station as close as the signalling system will allow them! It's been very entertaining catching the train every morning for a while as you really get to see an entire procession of trains!
Old September 13th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #1093
OzFrog
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Yeah, most likely. It's part of the reason for many of the rail delays for both the pendeltåg and long distance trains - we only have a single northbound track through Stockholm Södra, which really causes massive bottlenecks. Often during rush hour there is a steady stream of trains through the station as close as the signalling system will allow them! It's been very entertaining catching the train every morning for a while as you really get to see an entire procession of trains!
Hey mate, how many platforms currently exist at Södra? And have there been more put in as part of the Citybanan project?
Old September 13th, 2016, 09:59 AM   #1094
Swede
forumer #29

There are two island platforms with tracks on either side, i.e:

Northbound Track
Platform
Northbound Track

Southbound Track
Platform
Southbound Track

As part of Citybanan it will be reconfigured to

Northbound Commuter
Platform
Southbound Commuter

Northbound other
Platform
Southbound other

Since only the commuter trains stop at the station the southern platform will be closed.
iirc it should be possible to lay two new tracks south of the station and moving the "other" trains to those and giving both platforms to the commuter trains. Would be a big project and will only be talked about seriously if/when passenger loads at Södra Station reach dangerous crunch levels.

The current station is from the late 1980s (opened in 1989). Before that there was a goods yard and a narrow passenger platform on the through-tracks. The rest of the goods yard was turned mostly into a residential area that blocks of most streets that could have connected across the area.
Old station (form Wiki)

dimlys1994, InK.fan, dj4life liked this post
Old September 18th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #1095
K-J N.

Likes (Received): 472

Today the construction of the commuter station at Odenplan was open to the public.

Entering from Odenplan.

Ticket hall

Going down to the secondary level.

Länk by Sunniva McAlindens

Through the door to the right is where you come in if you enter from the subway platform.

Escalators to the subway platform.

Art installations.

To the commuter trains.

The train platform.

Platform doors.

The light slowly fades to different colors.

Exit towards Vanadisvägen.

Life Line by David Svensson

The new entrance at Vanadisvägen.

Last edited by K-J N.; September 18th, 2016 at 07:45 PM.
K-J N. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2016, 10:28 AM   #1096
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

So here we go - to expand on the post above by K-J-N, we have a rather large video tour of the new station from exterior, to entrance and finally to the station itself taken by me. I apologise for the footage but it was really rather crowded and difficult to film.

If you want to see how the current green line of the tunnelbana looks, I also have a video tour of that.

As an added bonus, they have also opened the new entrance to T-Centralen from Klarabergsgatan as well, so I filmed that too.

Old September 21st, 2016, 08:48 AM   #1097
OzFrog
Melburnian

Likes (Received): 56

^ I'll be going back to Stockholm in May next year, which will be just after Citybanan opens, yes?
Old September 21st, 2016, 10:35 AM   #1098
Swede
forumer #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzFrog View Post
^ I'll be going back to Stockholm in May next year, which will be just after Citybanan opens, yes?
I'm afraid not. It'll open late 2017. Probably the same for the extension of the #22 LRT from Sickla Udde to Sickla Station. Getting the whole of the #22 onto the same signalling system and thus it not being two lines will hopefully happen after summer.
And another couple of years til the #7 tram extension to T-centralen opens.

Any more openings coming online soonish I'm forgetting?

OzFrog liked this post
Old September 22nd, 2016, 01:30 AM   #1099
Adde

Likes (Received): 465

I thought the opening of Citybanan was scheduled for July 2017? According to this article in SVD, the opening date is July 10. Trafikverkets homepage says "Summer 2017", as does the homepage for SLL.

The original plan was to open it in December 2017 though, so it's about 6 months ahead of schedule.
Adde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:57 AM   #1100
Swede
forumer #29

I've read elsewhere that while the tunnel will be ready they need to get enough new trains delivered before the opening. That said - I'm not sure when that was said and if that is just old info. So maybe it'll open 2017-07? maybe later?

Also! The first of the brand new C30 subway trains will be delivered late 2016 and will enter service in early 2017 (according to Bombardier). So if heading out in the morning rush you might be able to catch all three generations of subway trains on the same day

dj4life liked this post

Tags
metro, scandinavia, stockholm, sweden