daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 19th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #41
angelika
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Sorry again me,

Wawel castle is one of the most inestimable buildings in Europe like Malbork
and the last one even built by Germans, you haven't in Germany structures who have 1000 years ...and look like that ... like Wawel ...

About palaces, castles ... you forget one thing that Poland was one among the richest country in Europe in the past ( 14 -17 centuries ) and even the war stared in the past and Poland lost her influence, architecture still go on ...
and even in period when Poland wasn't so rich ... many palaces were built ... and everywhere in the country ...
angelika no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #42
Max BGF
Alphaist

Likes (Received): 14881

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelika
Ah stop please, you want be more clever that peoples who written the travel books ???
Itīs absolutely possible that somebody being more clever than me errs at a specific point.
Thatīs called "logic".

Quote:
not 5000 .... but much much more...
Sure you ever saw a real PALACE?

Quote:
sorry i believe books ...
Mistake. With such a firm attitude you only use your eyes while reading whereas I utilize my brain too.
Authors are merely humans as well - and to err is human.

Ever heard of extensive arguments between very wise professors having totally different standpoints on one topic?
So the questions emerges: Which books do you believe?

What about the source, can you cite, especially the X palaces in Y km-distance?

Quote:
i have pictures but i haven't scan at home ...
I bet in the country of many thousands of palaces somebody has scanner or camera.

Quote:
About palaces, castles ... you forget one thing that Poland was one among the richest country in Europe in the past ( 14 -17 centuries ) and even the war stared in the past and Poland lost her influence, architecture still go on ...
and even in period when Poland wasn't so rich ... many palaces were built ... and everywhere in the country ...
It is now really starting to become ridiculous. Your eagerness in honor, but imagination of rich other European countries paralyzed by poor not-14-17 Poland building masses of glamorous palaces and therefore stopping own building activity is sort of funny. Keep in mind we are talking about density!

Since this thread is intented as a picturesque discussion on German Palaces Iīd like to ask you to continue the discussion concerning Polish palaces - or what your books regard as palaces - in another thread. Basically I like people loving their own country and being proud of its sights. Good reasons for that. But donīt exaggerate or become blind to facts! Facts are naturally independent from their adaption to books. Hence facts are often but not always compatible to what is written in books.

cogito ergo sum
Max BGF no está en línea  
Old October 20th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #43
angelika
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max BGF
Itīs absolutely possible that somebody being more clever than me errs at a specific point.
Thatīs called "logic".

Sure you ever saw a real PALACE?

Mistake. With such a firm attitude you only use your eyes while reading whereas I utilize my brain too.
Authors are merely humans as well - and to err is human.

Ever heard of extensive arguments between very wise professors having totally different standpoints on one topic?
So the questions emerges: Which books do you believe?

What about the source, can you cite, especially the X palaces in Y km-distance?

I bet in the country of many thousands of palaces somebody has scanner or camera.

It is now really starting to become ridiculous. Your eagerness in honor, but imagination of rich other European countries paralyzed by poor not-14-17 Poland building masses of glamorous palaces and therefore stopping own building activity is sort of funny. Keep in mind we are talking about density!

Since this thread is intented as a picturesque discussion on German Palaces Iīd like to ask you to continue the discussion concerning Polish palaces - or what your books regard as palaces - in another thread. Basically I like people loving their own country and being proud of its sights. Good reasons for that. But donīt exaggerate or become blind to facts! Facts are naturally independent from their adaption to books. Hence facts are often but not always compatible to what is written in books.

cogito ergo sum
I'm not polish, but french ( my wife is polish ), if you absolutely want to have raison, ok ...

NB. I visited Poland, & Germany by car so I know what am speaking about...
And after you wrote, I'm even more persuaded. I don't think that in France in our French Books truth is inexact ...

Question : Where are you from ?

About Poland :
If you have such determinate affirmations about Poland, what's your filling about German destructions there ?

Isn't it extraordinary that today after so horrors of destructions from the 2nd war, Poland is again so beautiful.
The most important is not haw many palaces are there, but it's a miracle that they still exist, in a such big number and the most impressive is that most of them are simply gorgeous.

And if it's true that Germany have more, ok I'm very happy for Germany !

You know in France we have more that 40000 castles & palaces, but only 2000 are in good conditions,
about the rest it's to late to save them because the costs are exorbitant, and many peoples have no money, and will not have !

If in Poland they are 5000 C & P, like you said, and if only 2000 are in good condition, it's extraordinary for nowadays,
compare to France !

And I don't think that in "good condition", you can find more castles & palaces in Germany than in France,
because little was destroyed in France in 2nd war, and Germany was terribly destroyed and many cities were reconstructed in modern style like Berlin, exception for Dresden, and many Palaces were near this cities, contrary to Poland where aristocracy
built many structures of this kind in every architecturally styles very very far from the cities !

Me, like an European guy, I repeat I'm very happy that Germany & Poland are beautiful country again ...
But it's strange that you wrote such hard affirmations about such insignificant thing ?

I wish you a very good day if you're from Germany ...
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:22 PM   #44
angelika
BANNED

Ah stop please, you want be more clever that peoples who written the travel books ???

you said :
Itīs absolutely possible that somebody being more clever than me errs at a specific point. Thatīs called "logic".

Ok so guide : guide du routard, petit-futé, guide bleus evasion, guide lonely, etc. ( all guides in French of course because I live in France ).

So all the peoples who wrote in this guides this "specific point" are all more clever than you, but they all make a mistake and now Thatīs called "logic". ???

And the more strange is that this "specific point", i find no in one guide but in all I mentioned here quote above, all those peoples make mistake ???

Whaooo :! only you less clever like you wrote, know really the truth ... it's splendide as reaction from you ... you know at least how to turn this " specific point " in your advantage it is clear here, at least !

ak so guide : guide du rouard, petit futé, guide bleus evasion, guide lonely, etc. ( all guides in French of course becaue I live in Frnce ).
So all the peoples who wrote in this guides this specific point are all more clever than you but they all make a mistake and now Thatīs called "logic". ???
And the more strange is that specific point I find no in one guide but in all I mentioned here, all those peoples make mistake ??? whaooo ... only you less clever know the truouth .... that's
Old October 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #45
angelika
BANNED

some repetitions :
sorry for the last paragraph,
some inattention from me.
Old October 22nd, 2005, 01:33 AM   #46
urbane

Likes (Received): 82

Great thread ! I didn't know about the Shwerin one before, and I found the aerial of the Herren Chiemsee island awesome

PS: angelika this thread is about German castles, not about comparing German castles to Polish castles.

Last edited by urbane; October 22nd, 2005 at 01:43 AM.
urbane no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 02:33 AM   #47
urbane

Likes (Received): 82

Here is a small one in Weilburg an der Lahn (in Hessen, central Germany):

And the town is precious too !

Btw. sorry for the lack of better pictures, they are the result of a quick search on the net
urbane no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 08:53 AM   #48
Max BGF
Alphaist

Quote:
About Poland :
If you have such determinate affirmations about Poland, what's your filling about German destructions there ?
@angelika you are very new to this forum. That might excuse your behaviour in a way. Not all threads are X versus Y threads. This here is just a picturesque information thread. Donīt think of me or you, think rather of other interested people wanting to inform about a specific topic. Of course we can also talk about these palaces, but not in that endless "we own the most, the prettiest, the best conserved which at all is a phantastic wonder"-manner. If you wish to inform basically about French/German palaces vs. Polish palaces feel free to create your own thread.

And you seem to feel quickly offended - without reason. No need to to become that obsessed. Neither did I say anything against Poland nor against its palaces. I was just doubting some figures which you presented (btw so far still without citation). If you canīt cope with users challenging your statements you are simply not fit for forum discussions.

Hopefully your identification with Polish palaces, your books or their content - because you like it - is not that distinct that you hate others having doubts about specific reported "facts". It is really Ok in the free world to criticize even books or parts of it.

Incidentally, citing is not just giving the book title, but showing page and words. I only want to educate you.
This is my last statement on that concern.

Nice Regards from Max

Max BGF no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM   #49
Max BGF
Alphaist

Schloss Neuenstein, Hohenlohe

Max BGF no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #50
angelika
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbane
Great thread ! I didn't know about the Shwerin one before, and I found the aerial of the Herren Chiemsee island awesome

PS: angelika this thread is about German castles, not about comparing German castles to Polish castles.

You right, I stopp now... sorry
Old October 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM   #51
angelika
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max BGF
@angelika you are very new to this forum. That might excuse your behaviour in a way. Not all threads are X versus Y threads. This here is just a picturesque information thread. Donīt think of me or you, think rather of other interested people wanting to inform about a specific topic. Of course we can also talk about these palaces, but not in that endless "we own the most, the prettiest, the best conserved which at all is a phantastic wonder"-manner. If you wish to inform basically about French/German palaces vs. Polish palaces feel free to create your own thread.

And you seem to feel quickly offended - without reason. No need to to become that obsessed. Neither did I say anything against Poland nor against its palaces. I was just doubting some figures which you presented (btw so far still without citation). If you canīt cope with users challenging your statements you are simply not fit for forum discussions.

Hopefully your identification with Polish palaces, your books or their content - because you like it - is not that distinct that you hate others having doubts about specific reported "facts". It is really Ok in the free world to criticize even books or parts of it.

Incidentally, citing is not just giving the book title, but showing page and words. I only want to educate you.
This is my last statement on that concern.

Nice Regards from Max

Sorry Max,

My big problem is my english so I can't write well, but I stop and go away ...
sorry, again and know that i love germany too ...
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #52
Koniaczeq

Likes (Received): 433

angelika, why dont you make new thread about polish palaces ?
Old October 25th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #53
angelika
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koniaczeq
angelika, why dont you make new thread about polish palaces ?
I have no time to put photos ... ( only internet at my office work ).
Old September 3rd, 2006, 06:04 PM   #54
Nemo

Likes (Received): 505

Nemo no está en línea  
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:05 PM   #55
renco
Grad heroj

Likes (Received): 471

Germany has so much to show
renco no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #56
christoph

Likes (Received): 0

They just rebuild Berlin's City Palace due to a lack of architectual ideas.
christoph no está en línea  
Old September 4th, 2006, 02:18 PM   #57
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph
They just rebuild Berlin's City Palace due to a lack of architectual ideas.
If you think so...
Would be wonderful if Berlin gets its former "heart" back.

A palace in Germany's oldest city Trier (Kurfuerstliches Palais):

This as well (Palais Kesselstadt):
Tiaren no está en línea  
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #58
Patrick
✪ DWF ✪ Alaaf! ✪

Likes (Received): 888

castles and palaces around my hometown (just to show you that also least known regions got some castles or what's left)

Schloss Sayn

Schloss Neuwied

Schloss Engers

Schloss Montabaur

Schloss Hachenburg

Kurfürstliches Schloss Koblenz

Freusburg (Kirchen a. d. Sieg)

even my hometown Herschbach (Pop. 3000) had a castle

former castle in neighboured village Dierdorf (7km, Pop. 2800) (can't find any photo, there's nothing left)

ruin of neighboured castle Hartenfels (3km, Pop 900)

Last edited by Patrick; December 4th, 2006 at 01:53 PM.
Patrick no está en línea  
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #59
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57911

Really awesome thread It should be continued soon, I haven't seen enough yet

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Last edited by erbse; March 7th, 2009 at 01:34 AM.
erbse no está en línea  
Old February 25th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #60
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57911

I've created a new thread:

Germany - Castles, Palaces, Fortresses

Since many photos of the first pages don't show up anymore and everything's just too massive and out of order. German sense of Ordnung, you know

This thread will be closed now.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
castles, classic europe