daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #881
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Also, of course the Chrysler was not built with the middle of the desert in mind, so yeah, I guess it would look out of place, but then the Burj looks quite out of place.

Your point is even better. To say anything next to the Burj sucks, is ridiculous.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #882
angel_us
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
Um, the Chrysler Building was an original design when built, and is still seen a a wonderful shining skyscraper. Fast forward 80 years and the Al Kazim Towers are built in Dubai. They are as a cheap and nasty post modern rip off of the Chrysler Building. They have little value in any way. Don't be so silly.
its not about when and where,whose original and whose copycat but both design are nearly same..the point is what criteria you vote for?is it age and location factor?why al kazim shouldnt win?is it because it was not in NY?or is it because it was still new?if you vote based on location,this title should be rename best new york supertall,if you vote based on age,i think this title should change to the best first supertall..clearly you vote for the wrong criteria.you should vote for the best looking supertall!
angel_us no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #883
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:

Also, of course the Chrysler was not built with the middle of the desert in mind, so yeah, I guess it would look out of place, but then the Burj looks quite out of place.

Your point is even better. To say anything next to the Burj sucks, is ridiculous.
is not about location.but it is about that building it self!you dont get my poit..even if chrysler located far2 away from burj,it will also cant beat burj..i just imagine that both are besides so we can see the diffrence!

Last edited by angel_us; July 5th, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #884
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnerJacket View Post
Some would say that Al Kazim towers' attempt to duplicate so precisely the Chrysler building would both stand testament to the latters iconic stature while also illustrating a lack of imagination and individuality. Las Vegas has a small Eiffel Tower and Statue of Liberty, but they are seen as the novelties as they are.

To wit, Ben, I'm forced to ask:
Really? That must suck for the rest of Dubai, knowing their buildings have now been rendered irrelevant. Guess all future architecture should be exact copies of BK, or simply stop building all together.
wrong thread to discuss about this!see,you also knew that al kazim copy chrysler,so,should chrysler win just because of the name?if based on the design,if chrysler win,that mean al kazim tower also should win in best skyscraper world cup!
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #885
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1859

I want Chrysler vs ESB for the final! Until now, Chrysler is winning against Burj Khalifa, and ESB is a little under Petronas towers.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #886
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_us View Post
its not about when and where,whose original and whose copycat but both design are nearly same..the point is what criteria you vote for?is it age and location factor?why al kazim shouldnt win?is it because it was not in NY?or is it because it was still new?if you vote based on location,this title should be rename best new york supertall,if you vote based on age,i think this title should change to the best first supertall..clearly you vote for the wrong criteria.you should vote for the best looking supertall!
The fact that they are copies is not the issue. The fact that they are cheap looking ripoffs is. They are terribly dull and lack any imagination.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Location should always be taken into account. That is to say, you should consider how well the building fits into it's surrounding. You should not vote for a tower because of the city it is in. If the Chrysler was in Hong Kong, it would fit in well there, I think, and I'd vote for it then too. No tower really fits in in Dubai. The desert is not the place for tall buildings.

Quote:
wrong thread!
I dare say he was talking about the Chrysler building and responding directly to someone with a similar viewpoint to you, so it was entirely the right thread. Just because he said something you don't like, don't tell him he's using the wrong forum.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #887
angel_us
BANNED

so you means that all dubai building is ugly because it was located on wrong place?all new york building is beautiful because it was at a right place?come on,this is not best supertall that fit location cup!
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #888
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:
The fact that they are copies is not the issue. The fact that they are cheap looking ripoffs is. They are terribly dull and lack any imagination.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Location should always be taken into account. That is to say, you should consider how well the building fits into it's surrounding. You should not vote for a tower because of the city it is in. If the Chrysler was in Hong Kong, it would fit in well there, I think, and I'd vote for it then too. No tower really fits in in Dubai. The desert is not the place for tall buildings.
Chrysler also dull and and look cheap!
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #889
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
so you means that all dubai building is ugly because it was located on wrong place?all new york building is beautiful because it was at a right place?come on,this is not best supertall that fit location cup!
I did not say that. Don't twist my words please. I simple said it must always be considered. It shouldn't be the main consideration, just a minor one. I also didn't say that towers in Dubai were ugly, just that in my opinion, they don't fit in very well.

Quote:
Chrysler also dull and and look cheap!
You are entitled to think the Chrysler looks dull and cheap. Most people would majorly disagree with you, but I'm not gonna get all angry and silly like you and lash out, it's your opinion, and that's allowed in a democracy. Also, well done for finding a not so great image of the Chrysler. I'm sure you realise that proves nothing.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #890
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:

You are entitled to think the Chrysler looks dull and cheap. Most people would majorly disagree with you, but I'm not gonna get all angry and silly like you and lash out, it's your opinion, and that's allowed in a democracy. Also, well done for finding a not so great image of the Chrysler. I'm sure you realise that proves nothing.
ok thanks friends!photo doesnt lie..
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:51 PM   #891
Renna Hazel

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
originality should be a factor. If another developer made a knock off of Burj K. but without the same level of quality, people aren't going to think highly of what they consider to be a cheap knock off. This is a popularity contest and we all have different reasons to love what we love. You don't determine the criteria of why other people like a building.
Renna Hazel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #892
angel_us
BANNED

[QUOTE=Bruce.Tenmile;80899416]The fact that they are copies is not the issue. The fact that they are cheap looking ripoffs is. They are terribly dull and lack any imagination.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Location should always be taken into account. That is to say, you should consider how well the building fits into it's surrounding. You should not vote for a tower because of the city it is in. If the Chrysler was in Hong Kong, it would fit in well there, I think, and I'd vote for it then too. No tower really fits in in Dubai. The desert is not the place for tall buildings.[QUOTE]

you said that clearly..im not twisting your word..i just describe it using the most simple word..
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #893
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renna Hazel View Post
originality should be a factor. If another developer made a knock off of Burj K. but without the same level of quality, people aren't going to think highly of what they consider to be a cheap knock off. This is a popularity contest and we all have different reasons to love what we love. You don't determine the criteria of why other people like a building.
yes!youre right!originality is important,but what the connection between originality and this thread?
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #894
Gasgino

Likes (Received): 3

I don't really think location should be taken into account. If a cheap building/supertall manage to fit into it's location, I wouldn't be happy if it won the world cup. Better judge the building architecture alone.
Just my opinion. No harm done to other people thoughts.
Gasgino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #895
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:

you said that clearly..im not twisting your word..i just describe it using the most simple word..
I clarified what I said. Just because they don't fit in, that doesn't mean they are ugly. The Burj doesn't fit in, but I don't think the Burj is ugly, I just don't like it that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasgino View Post
I don't really think location should be taken into account. If a cheap building/supertall manage to fit into it's location, I wouldn't be happy if it won the world cup. Better judge the building architecture alone.
See that's a nice calm response. I happen to think it should be a minor consideration though. I don't think I tower should win solely because it fits in. If it's a crappy cheap looking thing, well that's more important than it fitting in.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #896
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasgino View Post
ARGEE WITH GASGINO!JUST JUDGE THE BUILDING ITSELF..
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #897
Renna Hazel

Quote:
That has to do with originality my friend. You're saying if Chrysler wins any knock off of it should win because they look the same. Knock offs aren't original so I'm glad you agree I'm right that originality should be taken into account.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #898
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renna Hazel View Post
That has to do with originality my friend. You're saying if Chrysler wins any knock off of it should win because they look the same. Knock offs aren't original so I'm glad you agree I'm right that originality should be taken into account.
No, he doesn't agree. He thinks originality should NOT be taken into account.
Old July 5th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #899
Renna Hazel

Quote:
yes!youre right!originality is important,but what the connection between originality and this thread?
Well he quoted me and said that, so I responded.
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #900
angel_us
BANNED

Quote:
I clarified what I said. Just because they don't fit in, that doesn't mean they are ugly. The Burj doesn't fit in, but I don't think the Burj is ugly, I just don't like it that much.
SO,vote on the building,not the location!location is not a good criteria to vote for..like i said before,this is not the best fit supertall in location..

btw, i respect your choice..