daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #901
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44



No, the architect had to take the location into account, so I shall too. We all agree that voting based on nationalism is not right, but taking into account whether a building fits in I think is again, at least a minor consideration. I'm glad you respect my thoughts.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #902
angel_us
BANNED
 
angel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: miami
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
No, he doesn't agree. He thinks originality should NOT be taken into account.
bruce,bruce...you like to make enemy right?simply said on behalf of me eventhough i say nothing..originally is importance,my point is,if chrysler is not there and never been built,is al kazim should win?..
angel_us no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #903
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44


I just thought he misunderstood you. Sorry. I think Al Kazim would still be terrible and cheap.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #904
angel_us
BANNED
 
angel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: miami
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post


No, the architect had to take the location into account, so I shall too. We all agree that voting based on nationalism is not right, but taking into account whether a building fits in I think is again, at least a minor consideration. I'm glad you respect my thoughts.
so you want to say that youre smarter than the architect because they built in a wrong place?
angel_us no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:10 PM   #905
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_us View Post
so you want to say that youre smarter than the architect because they built in a wrong place?
Not smarter no. They are given the site, they have to design something for it. I don't think the Burj fits in there. The architects and those stumping up the cash obviously think it does fit in. It's my opinion vs theirs. There's no question of intelligence. I'm not suggesting they should have built it somewhere else, because that was the site they were given.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #906
angel_us
BANNED
 
angel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: miami
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
Not smarter no. They are given the site, they have to design something for it. I don't think the Burj fits in there. The architects and those stumping up the cash obviously think it does fit in. It's my opinion vs theirs. There's no question of intelligence. I'm not suggesting they should have built it somewhere else, because that was the site they were given.
so,there is nothing they can do.so, is it fair to consider location as the criteria?they cant change the location,but they can change the design,so vote for the design,not the location!
angel_us no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #907
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44



The design for the location yes. I'm gonna bow out because each of us picking on every point the other says is getting very tedious.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #908
angel_us
BANNED
 
angel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: miami
Posts: 71
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post


The design for the location yes. I'm gonna bow out because each of us picking on every point the other says is getting very tedious.
yup!youre right..we need to stop all this arguement..peace..
angel_us no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #909
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44

It's just occurred to me, that maybe, maybe, people have voted for the Chrysler because they fear the Burj would easily beat the Petronas Towers. Hey I'm happy that the Chrysler is ahead, I just wonder if that's a reason. Anyone else thought the same?
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 10:56 PM   #910
pedrotwb
Registered User
 
pedrotwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 126
Likes (Received): 7

i really hope Petronas get to the final...it is just way much cooler and huge than ESB!!!!!!!!!!
pedrotwb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #911
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx
 
Hudson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 9,526
Likes (Received): 22562

^ It isn't much taller, though it does earn extra points for being twins. This is going to be a nail biter.
Hudson11 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #912
Im Using A Computer
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 260
Likes (Received): 14

a final match between esb and chrysler would be epic. hope to see it happen.
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM   #913
k%
Pijże
 
k%'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kraków, Małopolska
Posts: 7,639
Likes (Received): 19927

Oldies but goldies !!
k% no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:21 AM   #914
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Using A Computer View Post
a final match between esb and chrysler would be epic. hope to see it happen.
Yea itd be very epic for the rest of us supporting Burj and Patronas too.





Edit.. just in case you do not understand what i mean (which i sure bruce you wont).. epic in an absurd way.

Last edited by kix111; July 6th, 2011 at 12:32 AM.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:23 AM   #915
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
It's just occurred to me, that maybe, maybe, people have voted for the Chrysler because they fear the Burj would easily beat the Petronas Towers. Hey I'm happy that the Chrysler is ahead, I just wonder if that's a reason. Anyone else thought the same?
That would be very hard to conclude.. if what you say is true, Chrysler is not only receiving a lot of US nationalist votes, but also the SEA nationalist votes.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #916
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44



Well I dunno, it was just a thought. I'm just trying to think how the Burj, which was so popular before, can be losing. As I say, I'm glad, bur I'm still curious.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #917
Renna Hazel
Registered User
 
Renna Hazel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 118
Likes (Received): 14

You all sure like to complain a lot. It's a popularity contest, relax.
Renna Hazel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #918
kix111
Registered User
 
kix111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Shanghai / Auckland
Posts: 6,014
Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post


Well I dunno, it was just a thought. I'm just trying to think how the Burj, which was so popular before, can be losing. As I say, I'm glad, bur I'm still curious.
Burj has been receiving about 900 votes on average in the past polls. Also i would imagine those who voted for BoC against Chrysler and GIFZ against EBS would also vote for the Burj. So considering these, i actually agree Burj votes somehow seem very tiny.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #919
Bruce.Tenmile
Registered User
 
Bruce.Tenmile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denver, UK
Posts: 391
Likes (Received): 44

It's likely that many Burj voters'll hold back until the last moment so there's no chance of Chrysler getting back.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:17 AM   #920
DZH22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,918
Likes (Received): 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
Burj has been receiving about 900 votes on average in the past polls. Also i would imagine those who voted for BoC against Chrysler and GIFZ against EBS would also vote for the Burj. So considering these, i actually agree Burj votes somehow seem very tiny.
Did it occur to you that some of the people who voted for Burj against other supertalls would not vote for it over the Chrysler Building? Chrysler is the original supertall, and has been burned into my brain as the standard bearer for about 20 years (I'm almost 30, so not including my infancy by any means). Burj is amazing, but Chrysler is legendary. I can't even imagine the logistics of constructing a supertall in 1930.
DZH22 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu