daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2011, 01:20 PM   #981
Face81

Likes (Received): 270

The fantastic interiors are shown off in the Atmosphere, inside the Burj Khalifa....

Ofcourse the location is superb as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Diver View Post
Quote:
One more:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybonita View Post
Quote:

by Walter Niederbauer

[IMG]http://img.******************/images/Middle-East/United-Arab-Emirates/Burj-Kalifa-a24777487.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:

by steba4

[IMG]http://img.******************/United-Arab-Emirates/Dubai/Dubai-Fountain-a20157823.jpg[/IMG]
Quote:
Today at sunset, seen from the 38th floor of South Ridge Towers

http://fav.me/d3jupna
Quote:
Same location, half an hour later:

http://fav.me/d3jvb0m
The late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum [1912 - 1990]
Face81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #982
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
You are just thinking by heart not rationale.

Edit.. its ok to dislike the burj, there are also a lot of people who dislike Ferraris because they can not afford one
Whereas you haven't fallen in love with the Burj? You are of course thinking entirely rationally? This is an open vote. I'm getting really tired of telling you that people can vote for whatever they want for whatever reason they want. I'm glad you are finally saying it's 'ok' not to like the Burj, I'm we have your blessing on that. I'm not sure that analogy works though. Does every millionaire have a Ferrari? No. Are you saying I don't like the Burj because...I can't afford it? Very odd logic. I dare say you can't afford a 3 billion dollar building either.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #983
Jonipoon
BANNED

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
Can one feel sorry for one's conscience? No I certainly don't. I just don't like the Burj. Why can't you people deal with the thought that some just don't agree with you?
Why can't you give any reasons to why you don't like Burj? You keep saying that Chrysler is better than the Burj because the Chrysler has this and that and bla bla bla, but you never give any real reasons to why you don't like Burj in fact.
Jonipoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #984
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
Whereas you haven't fallen in love with the Burj? You are of course thinking entirely rationally? This is an open vote. I'm getting really tired of telling you that people can vote for whatever they want for whatever reason they want. I'm glad you are finally saying it's 'ok' not to like the Burj, I'm we have your blessing on that. I'm not sure that analogy works though. Does every millionaire have a Ferrari? No. Are you saying I don't like the Burj because...I can't afford it? Very odd logic. I dare say you can't afford a 3 billion dollar building either.
So please stop, while you think you are getting tired of posting, im sure others are even more tired to see your posts here.

Hey hey, dont put yourself into it i never mentioned anything about you not liking ferrari. A lot of millionaires probably prefer lambo over ferrari, but unlike some other who dislike ferrari because they are just sour, just saying.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #985
Jonipoon
BANNED

Totally off-topic, but comparing luxorious car brands with skyscrapers is totally out of place, especially since car brands isn't exactly something that grows on trees these days.

On topic: For your information, I've voted for BK and Petronas. And if they meet in the finals I will vote for the Burj, the worthy winner. Petronas have won so much before.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #986
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonipoon View Post
Why can't you give any reasons to why you don't like Burj? You keep saying that Chrysler is better than the Burj because the Chrysler has this and that and bla bla bla, but you never give any real reasons to why you don't like Burj in fact.
I have in the past, just because I haven't since you've popped in, doesn't mean I haven't given any.

I don't like the uniformity of the setbacks. every one is the same. I don't like the rippling curvature. I find the glass too dark, and I'd prefer more transparency. It is just way too tall for the design, and I'd prefer it if it were around 650m. It doesn't taper in a way which I find appealing and just end up looking like a spike from about halfway.

That's probably enough. I don't see why I should have to justify myself, but clearly you guys can't accept anything without reasons, and even then, you'll still tell me my reasons are wrong I'm sure.

Quote:
So please stop, while you think you are getting tired of posting, im sure others are even more tired to see your posts here.

Hey hey, dont put yourself into it i never mentioned anything about you not liking ferrari. A lot of millionaires probably prefer lambo over ferrari, but unlike some other who dislike ferrari because they are just sour, just saying.
I should stop, but then this thread would just have you guys waxing lyrical about how the Burj is totally gorgeous and everyone who disagrees is an idiot or is clearly not voting for the right reasons, and that would obviously be terrible, because that's not true.

I didn't say I don't like Ferraris. Where did you read that? I said not all millionaires have them. I have absolutely no interest in cars at all.

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; July 7th, 2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #987
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4296

Quote:
Can one feel sorry for one's conscience? No I certainly don't. I just don't like the Burj. Why can't you people deal with the thought that some just don't agree with you?

mmmm I'm sure deep deep inside, u like it. , just be honest Bruce.
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #988
kix111

Quote:
I have in the past, just because I haven't since you've popped in, doesn't mean I haven't given any.

I don't like the uniformity of the setbacks. every one is the same. I don't like the rippling curvature. I find the glass too dark, and I'd prefer more transparency. It is just way too tall for the design, and I'd prefer it if it were around 650m. It doesn't taper in a way which I find appealing and just end up looking like a spike from about halfway.

That's probably enough. I don't see why I should have to justify myself, but clearly you guys can't accept anything without reasons, and even then, you'll still tell me my reasons are wrong I'm sure.
But you know what?

I dislike Chrysler because there is a 1mm crack on the exterior of the building to the left of the second window facing N on the 35th floor. I just dont small cracks on buildings. I prefer the Chrysler without the crack. If there wasn't this 1mm crack then maybe, just maybe i would reconsider my vote again.

Quote from you "please respect my thoughts".
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #989
Bruce.Tenmile

Deep down, everyone agrees with you. Of course they do.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #990
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
But you know what?

I dislike Chrysler because there is a 1mm crack on the exterior of the building to the left of the second window facing N on the 35th floor. I just dont small cracks on buildings. I prefer the Chrysler without the crack. If there wasn't this 1mm crack then maybe, just maybe i would reconsider my vote again.

Quote from you "please respect my thoughts".

I'm sure you think I'll blow up at that, but if that is really the reason that you dislike it, that's fine. It would be a tad extreme, but if that is your opinion, good for you, I respect that. Opinions are opinions. I have no right to tell you that you are wrong, because no opinion is wrong.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #991
Jonipoon
BANNED

I thought rippling was mainly associated with beauty.

Dark glass? What are you talking about? That cladding is like standard in almost ALL glassy skyscrapers in the world. So that means you dislike the cladding in most of the glassy skyscrapers in the world, huh? Fat chance.

Burj is massive and much more than just a "spike". If you want to look at a silly spike I suggest you take a look at the new 1WTC.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #992
Jonipoon
BANNED

Quote:
I'm sure you think I'll blow up at that, but if that is really the reason that you dislike it, that's fine. It would be a tad extreme, but if that is your opinion, good for you, I respect that. Opinions are opinions. I have no right to tell you that you are wrong, because no opinion is wrong.
I think you are taking this "opinion-thing" to a whole new level noone's ever seen before...
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #993
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
I thought rippling was mainly associated with beauty.

Dark glass? What are you talking about? That cladding is like standard in almost ALL glassy skyscrapers in the world. So that means you dislike the cladding in most of the glassy skyscrapers in the world, huh? Fat chance.

Burj is massive and much more than just a "spike". If you want to look at a silly spike I suggest you take a look at the new 1WTC.
Rippling as in undulating.

I do rather dislike the glass in most towers yeah. There are a few which have a more transparent look, and I prefer that.

The base is massive. The rest just tapers to what I'd imagine must be a pretty pointless spike. The highest floors can't have much room at all.

I'd agree with you that the spire on 1WTC is kind of crappy, and I wouldn't call the building the best in the world, but it's actually pretty blocky. A Spike is really not at all what the building is. It's the opposite.

Quote:
I think you are taking this "opinion-thing" to a whole new level noone's ever seen before...
Well I would say not liking a building due to a single crack was stupid, but if that were truly his opinion, he's entitled to it.

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; July 7th, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #994
kix111

Quote:
And im sure you have already blown

Please also respect this opinion of mine: it seems a lot of people dislike ferraris because they say the yellow background in the logo looks ugly, they prefer it blue, however i think they are just sour.

What do you say?
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #995
Jonipoon
BANNED

Most people wouldn't agree with you about the cladding... And if you really prefer transparent cladding, this means you will vote for Shanghai Tower the next round in a few years time? I guess you wouldn't, even though Shanghai Tower is a modern masterpiece in art which Chrysler couldn't even dream of being. You would still vote for Chrysler, according to your latest posts...

Last but not least: Chrysler in its "full glory". The major part of this tower reminds me of some poor baltic commie-block.

Old July 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #996
Face81

The crown on Chrysler is best part and even that looks outdated and from days gone by. In addition, the bottom half of the building, no matter how ugly is completely hidden in a sea of concrete and cannot be appreciated (or hated), whereas the Burj is fantastic from the top to the bottom and is showcased with clever urban planning in the surrounding areas :-D GO BURJ KHALIFA!!!!!!!

Old July 7th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #997
Face81

Quote:
Most people wouldn't agree with you about the cladding... And if you really prefer transparent cladding, this means you will vote for Shanghai Tower the next round in a few years time? I guess you wouldn't, even though Shanghai Tower is a modern masterpiece in art which Chrysler couldn't even dream of being. You would still vote for Chrysler, according to your latest posts...

Last but not least: Chrysler in its "full glory". The major part of this tower reminds me of some poor baltic commie-block.

And it's not transparent either!!! The concrete finish on the building is REALLY ugly!!
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #998
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
And im sure you have already blown

Please also respect this opinion of mine: it seems a lot of people dislike ferraris because they say the yellow background in the logo looks ugly, they prefer it blue, however i think they are just sour.

What do you say?
Again, I'd think that was stupid, but if that's some people's reasons, well again, they are entitled to it.

Quote:
I don't really care if they wouldn't. My opinion isn't based on what anyone else thinks. I love the Shanghai Tower, and I would certainly vote for it all the way to the semis. It's easily my favourite building under construction and certainly is a modern masterpiece, but what you've misunderstood, is that I said I prefer more transparent glass over opaque glass. I didn't say I prefer it over all else. It would probably be close, and when it came to it, I may even vote for it over the Chrysler, but not over the ESB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face81 View Post
And it's not transparent either!!! The concrete finish on the building is REALLY ugly!!
Again, I didn't say I liked transparent glass over all else, and that's your opinion. I like the concrete, and I like the placement of the windows.

Do you all feel so threatened by just one opposing opinion that you must bash me until I concede? I'm not going to concede. I respect your views, I just disagree. Why can't you just respect mine?
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #999
Face81

Like you, we've all got our opinions
Old July 7th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #1000

Likes (Received): 1757

gorgeos!!

image hosted on flickr

The Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia :: HDR by Artie | Photography :: No need 2 comment , on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

HDR KLCC by fazlie_smj, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

One Morning at KLCC by DewaTandas, on Flickr
2206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote