daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM   #1121
guy4versa4
BANNED

Likes (Received): 52

cladding-petronas win
spire-petronas win
height-petronas win
safety-petronas win
night appearance -petronas win
interior-petronas win
iconic-both win
history-ESB win

clear-petronas are more charming then ESB(my opinion)
guy4versa4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #1122
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4versa4 View Post
cladding-petronas win
spire-petronas win
safety-petronas win
night appearance -petronas win
interior-petronas win
history-ESB win

clear-petronas are more charming then ESB(my opinion)
and in my opinion esb is more charming than petronas.
Im Using A Computer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #1123
lil_chief

Likes (Received): 5

Arguing like that, ESB or Chrysler should both be out of competition long time ago...
lil_chief no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #1124
guy4versa4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Using A Computer View Post
and in my opinion esb is more charming than petronas.
so u want to say ESB spire is beautiful then petronas?ESB cladding is better the petronas?please tell me what part makes esb more iconic?
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:53 AM   #1125
Bruce.Tenmile

Likes (Received): 44

Why do we ESB and Chrysler lovers have to justify our opinions? I ask for no justification from you. You like what you like. I like what I like.
Bruce.Tenmile no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #1126
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Quote:
so u want to say ESB spire is beautiful then petronas?ESB cladding is better the petronas?please tell me what part makes esb more iconic?
you never justified any of your recently stated opinions, so what makes you think you have the right to demand a justification from me?
Old July 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM   #1127
guy4versa4
BANNED

because all opinion should comes with a strong explanation(photo/word)..otherwise its become useless point and weak opinion..example
i can say moon is bigger then earth,but i need to prove why i say so.
i can say petronas is more charming,why?then i give u all some judgement factor(cladding,height...)its make my point of veiw is stronger
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #1128
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

Quote:
@patchay

they are in this final because of popularity. petronas, esb, burj, chrysler, all of them. i can guarantee you that ~95% of the people that visit this website understand hardly anything about architecture. this was always (as sad as it is) a popularity contest rather than an architectural one, and it is because of that reason.
It is a location based popularity contest. Just as 95% of the forumers are not architects, a lot of forumers are also voting by heart. If the same competition is to be held in a Chinese forum, then the final is likely going to be between two Chinese towers.
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #1129
guy4versa4
BANNED

Quote:
you never justified any of your recently stated opinions, so what makes you think you have the right to demand a justification from me?
obviously petronas glass is look better then EBS brick,most of us can see it
obviously petronas silver spire is look more nicer then ESB messy spire with sort of cable,anrenna,wires and all the mechine upthere
obviously petronas is higher then esb
obviously the safety on petronas tower are more efficient(the skybridge,2storey lift,the stronger concrete base)
night expression on petronas cannot be doubt..the best ever..its look glow at night,all the transparent window make it shine,owh my god!..many people adore its
obviously interior inpetronas are more comfortable,with the full glass window allow light to comes in,the aluminium cladding inside,with large epic chandelier at the lobby..ist look so modern art
the design of petronas itself is a mirror of asia..so avant garde!
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:07 PM   #1130
Bruce.Tenmile

Well I don't think you have given any justification, and you don't need to. You say you think the Petronas has the best cladding, the best spire, etc, but you don't say WHY you think each of these things, and that's fine. If we started going along like that, we'd have to go so far into detail on our opinions, and it's just not necessary. All opinions should have an explanation, yes, ie I should know in my own mind why I like x or y, BUT, there is no reason at all that you can demand justification because we disagree with you.

Quote:
obviously petronas silver spire is look more nicer then ESB messy spire with sort of cable,anrenna,wires and all the mechine upthere
obviously the safety on petronas tower are more efficient(the skybridge,2storey lift,the stronger concrete base)
night expression on petronas cannot be doubt..the best ever..its look glow at night,all the transparent window make it shine,owh my god!..many people adore its night image
obviously interior inpetronas are more comfortable,with the full glass window allow light to comes in,the aluminium cladding inside,with large epic chandelier at the lobby..ist look so modern art
Again, there is nothing obvious about it. You like the cladding of the Petronas more than the ESB, I don't. Also, I don't think the ESB's facade is brick, but that's besides the point. The point is, that you keep saying obviously. You might think it obvious, but I don't find it even to be true, let alone wholly evident.

Please stop confusing your obvious opinions with fact.

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; July 11th, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1131
EuropeanChancellor

Likes (Received): 34

Guys, forget if any certain tower is an icon. Just consider the pure architecture. I am not biased, but seriously, do we even want a final of CB and ESB? For me, Petronas wins.
EuropeanChancellor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1132
guy4versa4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce.Tenmile View Post
Well I don't think you have given any justification, and you don't need to. You say you think the Petronas has the best cladding, the best spire, etc, but you don't say WHY you think each of these things, and that's fine. If we started going along like that, we'd have to go so far into detail on our opinions, and it's just not necessary. All opinions should have an explanation, yes, ie I should know in my own mind why I like x or y, BUT, there is no reason at all that you can demand justification because we disagree with you.
i not disagree your opinion..i ask u which part esb is good then petronas..i just need simple answer.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #1133
Im Using A Computer
BANNED

Quote:
night expression on petronas cannot be doubt..the best ever..its look glow at night,all the transparent window make it shine,owh my god!..many people adore its night image
you only justified 2 of your statements, those being height and safety (safety being debatable in my opinion, as esb is a very safe building). The others, rather than justifying them, you simply restated the opinion, but with more words. "obviously petronas glass is look better then EBS brick,most of us can see it" is simply an opinion, not a justification. hell, it isnt even factual (esb isnt brick, its limestone masonry) but your ignorance is another issue entirely. and i can assure you petronas would be winning by much more if "most of us" could "see that petronas has better cladding than the esb". this is simply another unjustified opinion. just stop trying to argue. you dont even know how to justify your arguments, so there really is no point.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #1134
Bruce.Tenmile

Quote:
i not disagree your opinion..i ask u which part esb is good then petronas..i just need simple answer.
You NEED a simple answer? No you demand one with no authority at all.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #1135
guy4versa4
BANNED

Quote:
you only justified 2 of your statements, those being height and safety (safety being debatable in my opinion, as esb is a very safe building). The others, rather than justifying them, you simply restated the opinion, but with more words. "obviously petronas glass is look better then EBS brick,most of us can see it" is simply an opinion, not a justification. hell, it isnt even factual (esb isnt brick, its limestone masonry) but your ignorance is another issue entirely. and i can assure you petronas would be winning by much more if "most of us" could "see that petronas has better cladding than the esb". this is simply another unjustified opinion. just stop trying to argue. you dont even know how to justify your arguments, so there really is no point.
can u foward to me back when i ask your justification?i only asking WHY?so it should be a little explanation on your opinion,not on fact
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #1136
Bruce.Tenmile

Can't we just stop? Every couple of days we get into a heated debate about who's opinion is 'right', or rather, you guys say we are wrong for disagreeing, OR, as on this occasion, you start demanding reasons for why we disagree. Opinions need no justification to anyone other than one's self.

Let's all just be friends

Last edited by Bruce.Tenmile; July 11th, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #1137
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

Quote:
night expression on petronas cannot be doubt..the best ever..its look glow at night,all the transparent window make it shine,owh my god!..many people adore its
the design of petronas itself is a mirror of asia..so avant garde!
STOP it!

As your countrymen, I strongly advice you to control yourself and do not embarrased other forumers, including all of those from Asia. HAHAHA

And no offence, you've made YOUR POINTS CLEARLY, thus DO NOT continue to be childish...

This competition just proves a famous saying "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder".

In comparison, some guys could say Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is super hot super sexy, while some others say she sucks, she's not attractive, and not up-to Megan Fox standards, etc.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #1138
guy4versa4
BANNED

what point we made competition without arguement,no need to opened this thread,they should make a poll only..so no one can critic each other,pathay~aku bknnya xberadap,aku bkn menghina pendapat dia,aku tnya msoalan mudah,perlu ke bukan ruangan diskusi kalau xboleh berdiskusi?
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #1139
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

OMG, what's the fighting all about? Shouldn't this cup be fun? Why don't you folks just enjoy it and let others have their own opinions?
Old July 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1140
guy4versa4
BANNED

"petronas towers are shit. not esb. esb is superiority".you all close your eyes when im using computer send this,but when i proudly say good about petronas and just asking him what so charming about esb,everyone blame on me,saying that im childish and what so ever,this is not fair!