daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #21
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19766

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post

I hope you do not get angry because my ignorance, but I thought that in arabia as iran was forbidden to go without a headscarf for women, so, for that, the video has surprised me!

I'm not talking about another thing about the video, but do not understand anything haha sorry!

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #22
nazrey

Likes (Received): 10735

Quote:
Originally Posted by the warrior View Post

KING ABDALLAH FININCIAL DISTRICT

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/life_55555/6870594095/
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #23
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17837

There are 2 Riyadh construction threads in this section. Can the duplicate one be deleted : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1364061

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #24
nazrey

Convention center @ KING ABDALLAH FININCIAL DISTRICT
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...6#post87240696

eurico, balthazar liked this post
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #25
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Once again, there is already a thread on the King Abdullah Financial District in this section : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1232321

The search function is working properly. Everyone should make an effort to use it before posting. There is no excuse that suplicates need to be posted within the WDN section. This is also not the first time you have done this recently, and you have not answered any of my queries in the other threads. I will seriously consider reporting you to the section's mods if you choose not to respond once again.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #26
nazrey

This section is about project compilation...it's nice to see various projects around the city in one thread. Me also wanna learn and see the progress all of the project in the city in one thread.
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #27
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
This section is about project compilation...it's nice to see various projects around the city in one thread.
But if there are dedicated threads in the WDN already for specific, major projects, then this is not the place to put them again. It's duplication. Otherwise, there is no need for individual project threads if everything belongs to a city compilation thread.

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #28
nazrey

Let see the various project pls. It's not the same photos from those in WDN. Like those Convention center project at King Abdullah Financial District in General Urban Developments at WDN still not existed...how could we see here in Riyadh Projects & Construction Thread.
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #29
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Let see the various project pls. It's not the same photos from those in WDN. Like those Convention center project at King Abdullah Financial District in General Urban Developments at WDN still not existed...how could we see here in Riyadh Projects & Construction Thread.
But there already is a general King Abdullah Financial District thread in the WDN, which would encompass all the projects in there, including the convention centre. If you have enough content to separate it out into a dedicated thread, you should talk to that thread's creator and frequent users to do it efficiently and effectively in order to reduce duplication and enhance searching by other forumers.

The bottom line is the WDN comprises multiple sections for good reasons and the same project should not be cross-posted into a generic project thread if there already is a dedicated thread.

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #30
nazrey

That means I can't post any about Burj Rafal and Capital Market Authority Headquarters CMA here also coz there're existed in the supertall section?!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1177567

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1010447
Old February 28th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #31
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Exactly. If there is a pre-existing thread in the WDN already for a specific project, all the updates should go in there. Otherwise, why would there be a thread on it in the first place?

Old February 28th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #32
nazrey

Well...OK...one thing I wanna ask you..I see you post after me as competitor all the time everywhere..something like not natural posting...what such things you did like that ..just feel free..me just curious
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #33
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13285

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post

The bottom line is the WDN comprises multiple sections for good reasons and the same project should not be cross-posted into a generic project thread if there already is a dedicated thread.
+1
Old February 29th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #34
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
Well...OK...one thing I wanna ask you..I see you post after me as competitor all the time everywhere..something like not natural posting...what such things you did like that ..just feel free..me just curious
That's funny. I see it as the other way around. The timings of my posts are all consistent throughout the night :
Taipei 1730
Macau 2051
- you post
Chengdu 0021
Vancouver 0033
- you post
Mumbai 0110
Hong Kong 0137
- you post
Guangzhou 0153
- you post

None of the information I posted has been duplicated in the other WDN sections, whereas you have duplicated items. I'm more curious what is your rationale for posting, and why you are posting after me instead.

Old February 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM   #35
nazrey

That's really funny. me posting after you?? come on! it will happen again and again WHEN I posted before ...Don't you think me think unbelievable that one such moderator posting after me.
btw..no need to do such thing anymore coz it looks not natural posting...
Regards
Old February 29th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #36
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Quote:
That's really funny. me posting after you?? come on! it will happen again and again WHEN I posted before ...Don't you think me think unbelievable that one such moderator posting after me.
btw..no need to do such thing anymore coz it looks not natural posting...
Regards
I've got all the facts, and I've provided some of it above, with plenty more available. We can take this offline with the mod team in the WDN section. I can make a very strong case about your post duplication as well since these all tie together.

Old February 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #37
nazrey

Well..case closed! the same project should not be cross-posted into a generic project thread if there already is a dedicated thread and do not do such thing that post after one another...let everyting is going like natural.
Old November 21st, 2012, 07:48 PM   #38
Minsk

Likes (Received): 1787

Henning Larsen designs new towers for Riyadh's financial district

Within a new financial district in Saudi Arabia’s capital city, the Crystal Towers are located in a unique location between the Financial Plaza - the financial centre of the masterplan - and the Wadi - a verdant pedestrian thoroughfare. The orientation of the two 18 and 26-storey Crystal Towers creates a visual and physical link between these elements which feature prime office and retail facilities.

The two towers are connected through a raised podium that allows direct passage between the Financial Plaza and the Wadi, creating a clear and dramatic entrance to the lobbies and providing a shaded outdoor meeting area. As the two towers have separate lift cores, the building is well-suited to accomodate two flagship tenants and a number of additional tenants.

Due to massive solar exposure in the desert climate, recessed, scaled, crystalline apertures are calculated to minimise solar heat gain and associated cooling requirements while optimising views to the surrounding plaza and landscape.

To root the building in the region and contribute to a sustainable approach, a light local stone cladding with a long lifetime and low maintenance costs has been used. The project is designed to achieve LEED Certification upon completion of construction.

Source: www.worldarchitecturenews.com

eurico liked this post
Minsk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 09:51 PM   #39
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19766

beautiful
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:21 PM   #40
hqho1671

Likes (Received): 2860

Quote: