daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Canada > Ontario

Ontario » Toronto

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #61
Canadafan89

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
Trying to put all that traffic through the side streets would create havoc for anyone trying to drive into or through that area. Definitely think they are better off with one traffic lane and widened sidewalks. Pretty sure BRT will be able to handle the demand between Queen and Sandalwood for the next 50 years or so, unless there is a lot of proposed condo development between Vodden and Williams
Or redevelopment at Hurontario/Bovaird, for that matter. These are 100 year decisions. I'm sure that in the 1950s they thought the Yonge subway would have plenty of spare capacity 50 years later.

Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #62
icemachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadafan89 View Post
Or redevelopment at Hurontario/Bovaird, for that matter. These are 100 year decisions. I'm sure that in the 1950s they thought the Yonge subway would have plenty of spare capacity 50 years later.
If they have a BRT lane continuing on past the GO station there is no reason LRt could not later occupy the space. For now, the GO station terminus makes sense if there is not the passenger volumes. It also means when the GO trains discharge a couple hundred commuters, they are not crowding on the street to catch the LRT. Makes sense as a safety issue to have it off Main street.
icemachine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #63
Canadafan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
If they have a BRT lane continuing on past the GO station there is no reason LRt could not later occupy the space. For now, the GO station terminus makes sense if there is not the passenger volumes. It also means when the GO trains discharge a couple hundred commuters, they are not crowding on the street to catch the LRT. Makes sense as a safety issue to have it off Main street.
I was told at the public consultation that if the line is extended, they will continue to use the same alignment. I think this arrangement would only work if they continue to have two separate lines, with Brampton GO acting as the transfer point between the two. I don't see through-service being feasible the way they are planning to build this thing.
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #64
icemachine

Considering the boards you posted show them needing to expropriate that 1 story building on Main (Lisboa Bakery?), I think they could manage to push farther north with an LRT with a Y type intersection or else loop through the GO parking lot and come back out on Church.
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #65
spearhead
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2878

Any plans to build a BRT lane along steeles from brampton all the way to toronto?
spearhead no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #66
icemachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearhead View Post
Any plans to build a BRT lane along steeles from brampton all the way to toronto?
No, The Zum BRT will run along highway 7 to intersect with the Spadina Subway extension at VCC
Old May 17th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #67
dime

Likes (Received): 1

Highway 427 extension north to Major Mackenzie Dr. to be built by 2020
The project's start depends on the passage of the Ontario budget, say the ruling Liberals.
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013...t_by_2020.html
Busy Highway 427 will get a 6.6-km extension in York Region if the Ontario Liberal government’s spring budget passes in the legislature.
The new roadway will take the 427 north to Major Mackenzie Dr. in Vaughan from its current terminus at Zenway Blvd. and is expected to cost upwards of $500 million.
It will include three new interchanges at Langstaff Road and Rutherford Road as well as Major Mackenzie Drive, nine bridges and protection for a future transitway and transit stations along the west side of the highway.
It the Ontario Liberal government budget passes, construction would begin in 2017 and take about three years to complete, said a spokesman for the Ministry of Transportation.
“Actual timing will depend on security property, obtaining project-specific environmental clearances and other approvals, as well as the relocation of utilities,” said Bob Nichols in an email to the Star.
The latest available traffic statistics show 128,600 cars travel on the 427 north of Highway 401 on an average day. That increases to 321,400 south of Highway 401.
Premier Kathleen Wynne announced the project in Vaughan on Thursday.
Old July 31st, 2014, 04:28 PM   #68
in'sauga

Likes (Received): 58

Any news on 45 Railroad St. Brampton? 25 and 19 stories in downtown.

I recently moved from my beloved Mississauga, to downtown Brampton. I am super impressed by the small town character of downtown but development is slow. I know there's a proposal for some super tall condos by Bramalea, but this project looks very promising for downtown.

http://gc-architects.com/highrise/ra....HYFKmBz0.dpbs
in'sauga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2015, 03:32 AM   #69
in'sauga

Likes (Received): 58

This would be huge for the Bramalea neighbourhood in Brampton. Love the design... Not so sure it'll happen or not, but would be a great addition to an otherwise lackluster skyline.

http://www.taesarchitects.com/25-kingscross-road.html
in'sauga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2017, 07:05 AM   #70
AbdurrehmanKhan

Likes (Received): 6690

I don't know if we are supposed to talk about Infrastructure here but here I go.

Has anyone driven on Queen Street Between Mississauga and Chinguacousy? man that road is a horrible drive especially on a bus. I know they are widening the road which is really good especially because a ZUM line is on that road but they are taking quite some time! just sharing my experience.
AbdurrehmanKhan no está en línea   Reply With Quote