daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد

United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد The exciting new world in Dubai , Abu Dhabi and other Emirates

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #1621
AZ_1st

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubai_Steve View Post
Why, what have they done now?
Accused me of breach of contract when they themselves have breached the terms of the SPA.

Completion date of bay central according to their own notice was 15th feb.
I notified them they were in breach of the spa and stopped paying.

They in return accused me of breach of contract and issued me with termination notice

We'll see who the courts favor! I'm sure they are reading!
AZ_1st no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 30th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1622
captain_caveman

Likes (Received): 2

You not the only one who had lost money from Select Properties (UK) and Select Group.
This month alone, I had received another two emails from new people claiming the same as you. The total number of people unhappy with Select is staggering!
captain_caveman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #1623
True Blue
Born Again

Likes (Received): 206

The number of people who are happy with Select is quite staggering also, I believe it was as high as 3 at last count!!

There are none so blind as those who won't see.
True Blue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #1624
jeetha

No! it's 2 only.

Select Steve.... doesn't count, he is an employee/shareholder.
jeetha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1625
agod

Likes (Received): 25

No, make that 4, I am happy enough, numerous phone calls from agents asking if I am renting or selling, as the Torch (sorry this is the Select thread) is very popular, I got 95.000 last year, I am now told I could get 115.000 this year.

a.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:07 AM   #1626
markev

Quote:
Originally Posted by agod View Post
No, make that 4, I am happy enough, numerous phone calls from agents asking if I am renting or selling, as the Torch (sorry this is the Select thread) is very popular, I got 95.000 last year, I am now told I could get 115.000 this year.

a.
Are you able to increase your rent by such an amount or is there a law that caps the rental increase each year - we are new to this game so any information on this would be appreciated!!
markev no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:45 AM   #1627
agod

Likes (Received): 25

I think IMRE posted the rules somewhere, I think it is when a Tenant renews, if its a new Tenant perhaps the rule doesnt apply.
Old March 31st, 2012, 01:56 AM   #1628
markev

Quote:
I think IMRE posted the rules somewhere, I think it is when a Tenant renews, if its a new Tenant perhaps the rule doesnt apply.
Thanks - that could well be the case and sounds reasonable ( although i would obviously like to increase our rental income from 90,000 a year!!)
markev no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:46 AM   #1629
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
If its a new tenant you can increase anything , for the renewal the latest rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
Increases can only occur if the property was more than 25 per cent below the average index price.

If the rent was 26 per cent to 35 per cent less than the average rent for a similar property, the maximum increase shall be equivalent to 5 per cent of rent value.

If the rent was 36 per cent to 45 per cent less than the average rent for a similar property, the maximum increase shall be equivalent to 10 per cent of rent value.

If the rent was 46 per cent to 55 per cent less than the average rent for a similar property, the maximum increase shall be equivalent to 15 per cent of rent value.

If the rent was 56 per cent to 55 per cent less than the average rent for a similar property, the maximum increase shall be equivalent to 20 per cent of rent value.

Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1630
MANUTD
MANUTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imre View Post
If its a new tenant you can increase anything , for the renewal the latest rules:
Hi IMRE

Where's the avg price list posted please ?
MANUTD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2012, 05:14 PM   #1631
MANUTD
MANUTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1st View Post
Accused me of breach of contract when they themselves have breached the terms of the SPA.

They in return accused me of breach of contract and issued me with termination notice

They will fight all the way and use any means at their disposal -but you are in the right believe me !
MANUTD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:52 AM   #1632
Imre
Dubai

Likes (Received): 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANUTD View Post
Hi IMRE

Where's the avg price list posted please ?
Its on the DLD website but doesnt work now..

http://dubailand.gov.ae/English/eServices/EngMain.aspx (Rental Increase Calculator)
Imre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 12:42 PM   #1633
True Blue
Born Again

Quote:

a.
Al, that's all conjecture and Agent talk! If you get 115k then all well and good however if your tenant leaves at 95k then that tells it's own story IMO.

How many apartments like yours will be coming on the market at the same time?

Old April 1st, 2012, 03:40 PM   #1634
Dubai_Steve
Dubai State of Mind

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by markev View Post
We were in Dubai at the start of the month and visited The Torch a couple of times. It was great to see it being 'lived in' - the pool and gym were busy and people sunbathing on the terraces. All the communal areas were very clean and there was a 'buzz' about the place! As owners we felt really positive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by propertymagnet View Post
The building is really taken well care of. The facilities management are the best I've ever experience in Dubai, with a Call Centre, a dedicated team , and they simply turn up and do the job. WE've had more than a few issues there, but my god they have been sorted straight away. So no complaints....
Quote:
Originally Posted by markev View Post
We saw the boss ( a welsh man ) in action - directing his team - Must say he seemed passionate about what he was doing ( and heard from a third party that he is very proud of The Torch and works very hard to raise and maintain standards there!!) Very positive!!
Nice to hear some positivity for a change around here.
Dubai_Steve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #1635
True Blue
Born Again

None of that is down to Select though, it is the building management that they are referring to!!!!

You like to complain about me and others doing exactly what you do yourself without shame

This is the SELECT BASHING THREAD so stick to the subject matter

Old April 5th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #1636
The night

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1st View Post

[QUOTE=Dubai_Steve;90016972]Nice to hear some positivity for a change around here.[/QUOTE

"The trust of the innocent is the liars most useful tool!"
(Stephen King).
The night no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #1637
scoobudubai

www.selectdubaibeware.com has been updated e.g. the Rahail Aslam profile.

Apart from that and not relating to 'Select' in any particular location -

There is so much yet to be divulged in the public interest, and it will be, for all those who have invested with Select and those who plan to etc.

The publishers of the site have spoken with a high profile lawyer who 'apparently' has no affiliations with Select, and based on some 'strong' 'evidence' indicated that despite that evidence which he felt was not 'evidence' and that they were fine, but when the word 'publicity' was mentioned he said, not just once, but twice "you will receive a death threat"
scoobudubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #1638
profit hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobudubai View Post
www.selectdubaibeware.com has been updated e.g. the Rahail Aslam profile.

Apart from that and not relating to 'Select' in any particular location -

There is so much yet to be divulged in the public interest, and it will be, for all those who have invested with Select and those who plan to etc.

The publishers of the site have spoken with a high profile lawyer who 'apparently' has no affiliations with Select, and based on some 'strong' 'evidence' indicated that despite that evidence which he felt was not 'evidence' and that they were fine, but when the word 'publicity' was mentioned he said, not just once, but twice "you will receive a death threat"
It seems that our Rahail's been a busy boy. Keep up the good work.
profit hunter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #1639
Psofos
psofos

Quote:
You cannot increase the rent for a new tenant, certainly not on the first renewal.
Psofos
Psofos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #1640
shakka

Likes (Received): 6

From the Torch thread

We found this really useful, thanks:

http://www.selectdubaibeware.com/Sel...ales_Agent.pdf

It shows how for over 2 years Mark Stott's company appeared in the newspapers, including the financial times, as a developer, then:

in March 2008 Select Property
took the landmark decision
to move into overseas
property development

What we don't understand is the reservation form that people signed. It made no mention of the developer, and in the case where it said 'agent', which was the only time we ever saw that term used, we, presumably like other people thought that it referred to the sales agent for commission, e.g. Adam Price, and wrote the name beside it so that he could get his commission - we think he even asked us to do that - not sure.

If you feel you have been defrauded, and maybe you have already contacted the serious fraud office - then do it again!!!! now!!!

Case -NOT OVER- period.

Any case of criminally masterminded fraud casting people into a fifteen year deal whereby they might feel 'blackmailed' or otherwise into continuing payments for fear of losing everything must be reported to the police and the SFO - such people might be subject to e.g. a developer massively delaying construction and using funds to start new projects whilst looking forward to people suffering financial hardship so that they could simply keep all money paid to date, plus their apartment, with no real legal recourse - e.g. the system in Dubai seems to favour the developer and to continue paying 'installments' and in addition paying legal fees in a system which ultimately favours the developer , and where cases continue not for months but years...sigh - who said 'scam'?
shakka no está en línea   Reply With Quote