daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland > Everything else

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #141
Sky_Is_The_Limit

Likes (Received): 871

Urgh. Slow progress. Planning to come back to Brisbane to visit friends in the next few months and would love to visit the new store whilst in town. Hope things work out!
Sky_Is_The_Limit no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 13th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #142
Brisbane_Rulz

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Is_The_Limit View Post
Urgh. Slow progress. Planning to come back to Brisbane to visit friends in the next few months and would love to visit the new store whilst in town. Hope things work out!
Brisbane for you mate
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:23 AM   #143
Birkish Delight

Likes (Received): 81

Walked past there today and I could hear jack hammers. A worker also slipped through the main doors and he was really quick to close them again. I had a very quick glimpses through the crack in the door, but I couldn't see anything because they have a curtain up to block the view.
Birkish Delight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:31 AM   #144
raccoon2

Likes (Received): 0

I went past on the weekend, and there were construction workers inside. I had a quick look through an open window in the basement and the AC and framing were being installed. I'm thinking hopefully it might all be finished end of April.
raccoon2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 03:21 AM   #145
nathandavid88

Likes (Received): 1273

I noticed that some holes had been cut into the ceiling the other night walking past, so work is definitely happening there. End of April would be nice!
nathandavid88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:32 AM   #146
raccoon2

Likes (Received): 0

Has anyone noticed anything new or knows anything about completion.
raccoon2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #147
nathandavid88

Nope. This is probably the most secretive retail site in Brisbane at the moment. Can't even get a decent gap to peak through!
Old April 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #148
Brisbane_Rulz

Likes (Received):

I still think it's odd to have one in the City and one in the Valley, NOT that I am complaining, but I wonder if they deny the one in the Valley is happening.

So childish, everyone knows they are there and they deny it.
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #149
nathandavid88

They don't deny it as such, they just refuse to confirm it. That's standard Apple policy around the world.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM   #150
Brisbane_Rulz

Likes (Received):

Urgh how much longer, May now it seems, Chermside Apple are all hush hush it's stupid, I casually mentioned to a staff member about a city Apple, it was like asking him for his wallet with a gun. It's Apple get over it we know give us a date.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 11:33 PM   #151
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 211

It's so ridiculous... I use to be an apple fan. Apple everything, but then I realised how controlling and limiting both the company and their technology is.
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 02:52 AM   #152
nathandavid88

Yeah, I'm the same. Although I am, rather ironically, typing this on a Mac Pro which I sure at work, I own a Windows laptop and have an Android phone. For me, it's more that I can get a product which is either equal to the specs of an Apple product, if not superior, for a much more realistic price. The extra you pay for an Apple is a bit ridiculous, and while I do like the OSX operating system (although some elements of it annoy me a lot!), it's not worth that much extra, especially compared to Windows 7 which is just as good IMO.

For me, I just want to see Macarthur Chambers refurbished. I don't intend on buying anything! :-P
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:11 PM   #153
fish.01

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandavid88 View Post
Yeah, I'm the same. Although I am, rather ironically, typing this on a Mac Pro which I sure at work, I own a Windows laptop and have an Android phone. For me, it's more that I can get a product which is either equal to the specs of an Apple product, if not superior, for a much more realistic price. The extra you pay for an Apple is a bit ridiculous, and while I do like the OSX operating system (although some elements of it annoy me a lot!), it's not worth that much extra, especially compared to Windows 7 which is just as good IMO.

For me, I just want to see Macarthur Chambers refurbished. I don't intend on buying anything! :-P
I used to be a windows fan (professional s/w developer) but since getting apple at home have never got so much use out of my home computer...finally doing all the home type things I hoped to do with the windows machine but never could quite be arsed doing as it wasn't easy enough...plus new things I never knew were possible...my iMac 27inch is less than what I paid for my windows pc and far better for me.

Despite being a potential customer I'm most looking forward to seeing the job they have done restoring the inside. A bonus is that it is a lot handier to the inner west than Chermside. Apologies if you looked at this thread hoping for some real news...they really are stringing us along

Last edited by fish.01; April 24th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
fish.01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #154
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 211

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandavid88 View Post
For me, it's more that I can get a product which is either equal to the specs of an Apple product, if not superior, for a much more realistic price. The extra you pay for an Apple is a bit ridiculous
Exactly! I had an old black Macbook (4yrs old) and that lasted fine however it slowed down. So I went out in search for a good computer. I bought an Acer Aspire with BETTER specs than the most expensive Apple laptop which was around $2500 and I paid just $790 at Harvey Norman with a 5 year warranty for the Acer.

I can now play Anno 2070 on it too lol. Made me realise how ridiculously overpriced apple are.

I have an Iphone 4 and I am going to get a HTC One X or Velocity (haven't made up my mind yet). So sick of the Iphone's limitations. Just transferring songs is a nightmare.
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 03:21 AM   #155
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 409

I like you guys now.
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #156
fish.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris View Post
I like you guys now.
Thanks
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM   #157
asdfg

Likes (Received): 253

Down with Apple.

I only own an iPod Classic from 2008 but I'm getting fed up with how horrendously slow syncing iTunes is across a network drive. It takes around 30 minutes to sync + ages to transfer songs. It seems like if you want to do anything that deviates slightly from the norm, Apple fails every time.

As a corporation they appear to be peaking too. I suspect their bubble will pop in the next couple of years.
asdfg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #158
asdfg

Likes (Received): 253

BTW I'll still go into the new store and coo over the juxtaposition of glass with heritage combined with clean minimalism.
asdfg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #159
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 409

Don't get me wrong, their stores and presentation are fantastic, it's just their actual products that I find limited and overpriced. What once was a brand which represented the best technology, now it represents the brand which hauls in the most incomptent users of technology (I realise a lot of Apple users are very technology smart, but there are also a lot of the general public who buy Apple products because they are "cool", "look good", "has a funny fart making app" etc).
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #160
fish.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris View Post
...now it represents the brand which hauls in the most incomptent users of technology (I realise a lot of Apple users are very technology smart, but there are also a lot of the general public who buy Apple products because they are "cool", "look good", "has a funny fart making app" etc).
While apple scoops up the mums and dads etc I think the driod market now gets the "cool", "look good" market whose focus is on a phone only...often hear these buyers talking more about raw phone specs rather than broader integration with other devices.

Where apple shines for me is software and integration between multiple devices around the house (stereo, tv, phone, tablet, pc etc). Other devices can do some of it but often only using multiple providers, 3rd part s/w with tedious setup which people rarely can be arsed doing. If you just simply want a shiny good phone then the competition is a lot closer.

I used to buy the most spec'ed mobile device and then after a while leave it the draw...learnt the hard way to buy on function and integration not specs. Haven't seen anyone within cooee of Apple in this space.