daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 30th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #21
Bryanrasyiidyan

Likes (Received): 0

i thing they already planned the monorail system but the governer didn't support them. too many political desicion in Jakarta
Bryanrasyiidyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2011, 06:27 AM   #22
ssiguy2

Likes (Received): 857

Ya, I was wondering about the monorail..........many other cities are beginning to see their benefits and building them instead of metros.
It would seem kind of stupid for Jakarta not to use it's half completed monorail. It is half done so why not finish it. It should be finished before any other lines are constructed.
Are there any plans to resurrect it?
ssiguy2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #23
You_soap
All Izz Well

Likes (Received): 529

we have busway and urban rail in Jakarta

hopefully in 2016 we're going to have our first subway but monorail was cancelled

Last edited by You_soap; August 5th, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
You_soap no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #24
ssiguy2

Likes (Received): 857

Ya, I know the monorail was cancelled but I've seen pics of Jakarta with the remnants of the half complete system with all the pillons already erected. Please don't tell me they are going to start a metro and leave those pillions just sitting there.
ssiguy2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM   #25
rexreo7

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiDelf View Post
Hi myself Rexreo
I am not from indonesia but know about traffic problem there by internet.
But i wonder that no one can help them to get rid from this problem until they try themself only.
rexreo7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2015, 12:25 PM   #26
paradyto
entendre privilege

Waskita to develop LRT in Palembang for Asian Games

Quote:
State-run construction company Waskita Karya will develop a light rapid transit (LRT) system in Palembang, South Sumatra, next year after its appointment by the government to lead the Rp 7 trillion (US$518.62 million) project.

Waskita corporate secretary Antonius Yulianto confirmed the company had been appointed by the Transportation Ministry to work on the LRT and was currently formulating a budget proposal for the high-profile project.

The proposal, he said, would be submitted in three months at the latest, and approval was expected to be granted by the ministry around one month later.

“The construction is expected to conclude in June 2018, before the start of the Asian Games,” Antonius said.

Palembang, along with Jakarta, will host the regional multi-sporting event from Aug. 18 through Sept. 2, 2018.

Antonius added that the LRT would connect Sultan Mahmud Badarudin II international airport to Jakabaring Sport City, with a stop at Palembang Grand Mosque.

Waskita was appointed through a presidential regulation which was signed in late October. The estimated project cost of Rp 7 trillion will be funded by the state budget through the Transportation Ministry.
source: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ian-games.html
paradyto no está en línea   Reply With Quote