daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #1
7t

PRN | Prishtina International Airport

Limak-Airport de Lyon gets the concession for PIA

Turkish-French consortium "Limak-Airport de Lyon" was announced on Friday the winner of the bid for 20-year concession of Pristina International Airport.

The concessionaire is committed to invest €100 million at the airport, while the Kosovo budget will benefit 23 – 55% of the revenues.

Government of Kosovo says that through private investments in Prishtina International Airport it aims to provide modern infrastructure, an improvement of commodities and services in global level as well as to benefit from the operation efficiency and transparency.

The announcement of the winner was made during a public ceremony and broadcasted live.

Limak/Aerport de Lyon has been awarded the contract because the Government has been offered an average of 39.42% of gross revenues, in exchange for concession rights.

IC Frapport Havamanli ICTAS, the second-placed bidder has offered an average of 30.37% of gross revenue.

Limak Holding and Airport de Lyon will be asked to modernize and expand the International Airport of Prishtina, invest over € 100 million in new infrastructure, including the construction of new terminal building, to offer enhanced services and increase levels of quality. Republic of Kosovo will retain 100% ownership of airport assets.

http://www.eciks.org/english/lajme.p...s&main_id=1022
7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #2
7t

The consortium will upgrade and expand the airport by investing over €100 million in new infrastructure, including the construction of:

- A new Terminal (25.031 m2)
- A new Control Tower and related buildings
- A new Platform
- A new Parking facility
- A new area for the deployment of buses and taxis
- A new landing lane
- A new Water Treatment plant
- Airport equipment (that will support the installation of bridges for boarding the aircraft)
- Wing Expansion (to accommodate code E type aircrafts)

http://www.mtpt.org/?page=25&lang=2&item=166

7t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #3
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by liburni View Post
heres some high quality renders of PRN from limak de lyon website:

-The way the air bridges are designed, the second level will most likely be the departure terminal and the lower level the arrival area.
-Also airport vehicles can go under the terminal which is kind of a neat idea.

-Loving the Arrivals board :cheers

-The front of the terminal facing the parking lot will resemble TIA alot but the real beauty is on the other side in my opinion.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Fenix_2007
Fenix_2007

Likes (Received): 16599

One of the newest capital cities of the world.

Beautiful project for a very nice city. Congrats.

When will it begin construction ?
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #5
gators52

Likes (Received): 36

Construction has began on july 12 and it is supposed to be done by the end of 2012.
gators52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #6
UserFree
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

Posted on October 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohem View Post
Kontrolli i Trafikut Ajror

[IMG]http://i53.************/2ak0k8w.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/15nxb7l.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i52.************/n31yj9.jpg[/IMG]

Terminali

[IMG]http://i51.************/15fitf8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.************/igl1qw.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/34e49he.jpg[/IMG]
UserFree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #7
UserFree
BANNED

Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum Lumi View Post
Old October 18th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #8
UserFree
BANNED

Master-plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buki View Post
In the picture below you can find the exact location of the construction site for the new PRN Airport Terminal as well as some useful information regarding this mega project:

Old December 24th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #9
Scanderbeg
nacionalisti

Likes (Received): 254

45,000 m2

[IMG]http://i39.************/2u40u81.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by Scanderbeg; December 24th, 2011 at 06:56 AM. Reason: edit
Scanderbeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #10
Scanderbeg
nacionalisti

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:

-Maximilian Lambertz
Scanderbeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #11
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Not bad at all.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:46 AM   #12
gators52

Likes (Received): 36

Any one have any pictures or news of how the construction is going?
gators52 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #13
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySerb View Post
Novi terminal pristinskog aerodroma:

YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #14
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noricum View Post
The new terminal.

Old November 28th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #15
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbenit View Post
Teminali i ri/ The new terminal

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #16
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbenit View Post
Kesh sot n'aeroport, e i bona keto foto:

Old January 29th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #17
Kulla
BANNED

[IMG]http://i47.************/35871w5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i47.************/9acr5j.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i50.************/34yr95w.jpg[/IMG]
Old May 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #18
Lumibree
Rare Chandeliers

Likes (Received): 72

Prishtina and Skopje see impressive growth

Prishtina Airport and Skopje Alexander the Great have recorded strong first quarter passenger results. Prishtina Airport was a star performer. It handled almost 349.000 passengers in the first three months of the year, up 19% on 2012. The airport managed to record growth of 6% in January, followed by a surge of over 25% in both February and March. The strong figures also saw Prishtina handle more than 100.000 in the slowest month of the year - February. The strong passenger numbers were followed by an increase in the number of flights operated to and from the airport by 15.3%. The airport will have to maintain strong growth throughout this year if it is to maintain its position as the third busiest in the former Yugoslavia and not lose the title to Dubrovnik.

Skopje Airport also saw significant passenger growth, particularly last month when it registered a 21.5% surge by welcoming 68.223 passengers through its doors. Growth in January amounted to a modest 3% while in February the airport saw an impressive 14.2% passenger increase. In the first quarter, Alexander the Great Airport welcomed 185.948, up 12.5% on last year.

Both Prishtina and Skopje anticipate a strong summer ahead. Prishtina is to welcome SAS Scandinavian Airlines which will be launching flights from Gothenburg, Oslo and Stockholm. Furthermore, Germania will be inaugurating services from London Gatwick starting June 29. Construction of the airport’s brand new terminal is ongoing, though the exact date of its completion is unknown. Meanwhile, Skopje’s growth can be attributed to Wizz Air which has introduced a range of new flights from the Macedonian capital. The airline recently announced it will be increasing frequencies from Skopje to Malmo to up to five times per week from June. The low cost airline will also launch services from Skopje to Gothenburg City Airport and Stockholm Skavsta next month.

http://exyuaviation.blogspot.it/2013...mpressive.html

From this post in the Albanian forums thread about the airport. The photos are from the 20th of April 2013:

And a better look of how the final result will be:

Last edited by Lumibree; May 11th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Lumibree no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2013, 02:07 AM   #19
Ulpiana

Likes (Received): 2589

Quote:
Lajm shume i mire rritja e numrit te udhetareve; nese vazhdon keshtu, paskemi me qene afer 1.8 milione udhetareve me duket.

I nxerra disa foto qe ishin ne linkun e CAAK. Flm per link!

Ulpiana no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #20
Islami.
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1362

Prishtina International Airport "Adem Jashari"

Limak-Airport de Lyon gets the concession for PIA

Turkish-French consortium "Limak-Airport de Lyon" was announced on Friday the winner of the bid for 20-year concession of Pristina International Airport.

The concessionaire is committed to invest €100 million at the airport, while the Kosovo budget will benefit 23 – 55% of the revenues.

Government of Kosovo says that through private investments in Prishtina International Airport it aims to provide modern infrastructure, an improvement of commodities and services in global level as well as to benefit from the operation efficiency and transparency.

The announcement of the winner was made during a public ceremony and broadcasted live.

Limak/Aerport de Lyon has been awarded the contract because the Government has been offered an average of 39.42% of gross revenues, in exchange for concession rights.

IC Frapport Havamanli ICTAS, the second-placed bidder has offered an average of 30.37% of gross revenue.

Limak Holding and Airport de Lyon will be asked to modernize and expand the International Airport of Prishtina, invest over € 100 million in new infrastructure, including the construction of new terminal building, to offer enhanced services and increase levels of quality. Republic of Kosovo will retain 100% ownership of airport assets.

Target: 4 million passengers

“Our aim is to increase the number of passenger from 1.5 million to 4 million annually,” said Sezai Bacaksız, deputy chairman of Limak, at the press conference held at the Ministry of Economy in Pristina. “I want this project to bring prosperity to the Republic of Kosovo and its citizens."

Minister of Transportation and Telecommunication Fatmir Limaj, Shala and executives from Limak and Aeroports de Lyon attended the signing ceremony hosted by Prime Minister of Kosovo Hashim Thaci.

“The Limak Group of Companies, with 35 years of experience mainly in construction and infrastructure and with a strong track record in the fields of aviation, energy, cement, tourism and food production, has proven itself with success in the design, construction, financing and operation of the projects it has undertaken,” Bacaksız said.

“Limak is highly reputable with its strong capital and management structure, its diligence in just-in-time completion of both local and international projects and world-class technology,” he said. “We strongly believe our success in the construction and operation of Istanbul’s Sabiha Gökçen International Airport will be replicated in this project, which has high importance both for the Republic of Turkey and the Republic of Kosovo, where it is the first of its kind in Kosovo.”

http://www.eciks.org/english/lajme.p...s&main_id=1022