daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #41
p75215p

Likes (Received): 1

Qizhang Station

image hosted on flickr

zhongye station(red line)

Last edited by p75215p; May 29th, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
p75215p no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:12 PM   #42
p75215p

Neihu Line

by http://www.2427junction.com/
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #43
Taihoku_Formosa

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolstebbo View Post
Really? It's been Hanyu for as long as I can remember. *shrugs* Oh well.
I just checked the time. The romanization system used in Taipei MRT had been changed in dec of 2003, so it's not as recent as I remembered.
Taihoku_Formosa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #44
Awesome.e

Likes (Received): 33

Qizhang Station platform not on the same level?
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:12 AM   #45
lolstebbo

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome.e View Post
Qizhang Station platform not on the same level?
Qizhang and the Songshan line part of Songjiang Nanjing AFAIK are the only underground stations where the platforms aren't in the center.
lolstebbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:34 AM   #46
mrtdude5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolstebbo View Post
Qizhang and the Songshan line part of Songjiang Nanjing AFAIK are the only underground stations where the platforms aren't in the center.
Xindian District Office has side platforms as well.
mrtdude5 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM   #47
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1145

Please try to answer these -
1) What is the target year of opening the extensions of blue, orange red & green line?
2) Will a new olive line will be constructed from Dadaocheng to Xizhi?
3) Will yellow line be extended from Jiannan Road to Xiulong Bridge?
4) Will brown line be extended from Taipei Zoo to Shiding Service Area?
5) What is the target year of opening new yellow, light green line?
6) Left side, right side or both side, - which type of platforms are in most numbers in Taipei subway network?
7) Elevated, ground level or underground, - which type of stations are in most numbers in Taipei subway network?
8) Which are the highest and deepest stations of Taipei metro?
9) Which is the busiest metro station?
10) Which stations has interchange facility with suburban rail network?
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:06 PM   #48
Awesome.e

Likes (Received): 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Please try to answer these -
1) What is the target year of opening the extensions of blue, orange red & green line?
2) Will a new olive line will be constructed from Dadaocheng to Xizhi?
3) Will yellow line be extended from Jiannan Road to Xiulong Bridge?
4) Will brown line be extended from Taipei Zoo to Shiding Service Area?
5) What is the target year of opening new yellow, light green line?
6) Left side, right side or both side, - which type of platforms are in most numbers in Taipei subway network?
7) Elevated, ground level or underground, - which type of stations are in most numbers in Taipei subway network?
8) Which are the highest and deepest stations of Taipei metro?
9) Which is the busiest metro station?
10) Which stations has interchange facility with suburban rail network?
Question 1 to 5, please see Wikipedia answer, its quite accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Metro

Q6: different lines uses different sides. The high capacity lines (blue, red and green) have their platform in the middle so train bound right and left of the platform. The brown line have trains coming in the middle and platform on each side.

Q7: Brown line is mostly elevated except the at Songshan Airport precinct which is underground. The redline is half elevated (from Chongshan to Danshui), half underground (rest of the line, i think). A little bit of the red line is ground level just before you reach Danshui. The blue line is all underground if i remember correctly. I think the public wants the metro to be fully underground but due to budget and soil conditions, the Taipei Metro company and government have other plans. The Neihu line was heavily protested when they changed the original design from underground to elevated. I think in terms of stations, theres more underground stations than elevated, non of the stations are on ground level.

Q8: I am not sure about the the highest station, all elevated stations are about the same height but I think the deepest station is Taipei Main Station because Taiwan high speed rail, Taiwan Rail administration (suburban rail), Red line, blue line and more lines (including the Airport express currently underway) are all passing through at the same station. At Taipei Main station, there's also deep underground malls.

Q9: Busiest metro station is Taipei Main station and Chongxiao Fuxing (where blue crosses the brown)

Q10: Taipei Main Station, Banqiao Station and New Nangang station will all have the blue line, suburban rail and Taiwan High speed Rail platforms on it. The future taipei metro map have clear indications of these.

I am not living in Taiwan at the moment so I might not be very updated but I follow most of the threads so the info should be right.

Hope I answered your question.
Awesome.e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #49
p75215p

Danshui Line

Old June 6th, 2011, 09:27 PM   #50
p75215p

Maokong Gondola

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:58 PM   #51
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome.e View Post
Question 1 to 5, please see Wikipedia answer, its quite accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taipei_Metro

Q6: different lines uses different sides. The high capacity lines (blue, red and green) have their platform in the middle so train bound right and left of the platform. The brown line have trains coming in the middle and platform on each side.

Q7: Brown line is mostly elevated except the at Songshan Airport precinct which is underground. The redline is half elevated (from Chongshan to Danshui), half underground (rest of the line, i think). A little bit of the red line is ground level just before you reach Danshui. The blue line is all underground if i remember correctly. I think the public wants the metro to be fully underground but due to budget and soil conditions, the Taipei Metro company and government have other plans. The Neihu line was heavily protested when they changed the original design from underground to elevated. I think in terms of stations, theres more underground stations than elevated, non of the stations are on ground level.

Q8: I am not sure about the the highest station, all elevated stations are about the same height but I think the deepest station is Taipei Main Station because Taiwan high speed rail, Taiwan Rail administration (suburban rail), Red line, blue line and more lines (including the Airport express currently underway) are all passing through at the same station. At Taipei Main station, there's also deep underground malls.

Q9: Busiest metro station is Taipei Main station and Chongxiao Fuxing (where blue crosses the brown)

Q10: Taipei Main Station, Banqiao Station and New Nangang station will all have the blue line, suburban rail and Taiwan High speed Rail platforms on it. The future taipei metro map have clear indications of these.

I am not living in Taiwan at the moment so I might not be very updated but I follow most of the threads so the info should be right.

Hope I answered your question.
Thank you very much for replying me.
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #52
Blackraven

Likes (Received): 235

Obviously, the ones that people should look out for are:

1) Xinyi Line
The importance of this area needs no explanation as it is the capital of Taipei city. It is essentially the core of Taipei city and the most important area in Taipei city itself. Also adding to its importance are structures and facilities like Taipei 101, W hotel/Uni-president complex, Hyatt Hotel, World Trade Center convention facilities, etc etc. This will be ready by this year or next year.

2) Airport rail line
The presence of an airport rail line is a characteristic of any place or territory that has strong and solid rail transportation network. Furthermore, this will appeal more to tourists because it is more friendly to tourists who do not speak Chinese (as more than 90% of bus drivers and conductors DO NOT speak English). This airport rail line might force these people to learn English

My thoughts on this
Blackraven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #53
Ashis Mitra

Why Xinbeitou, C.K.S. Memorial Hall and Xiaobitan short lines don’t run directly to main lines, especially during peak hours? If yes, there should not need for interchange. I suggest through running.
Old June 15th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #54
p75215p

VAL256

Last edited by p75215p; June 20th, 2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #55
p75215p

Bombardier

Last edited by p75215p; June 20th, 2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #56
asahi

Likes (Received): 189

I still cannot understand why did they buy narrower trains for the Wenhu line when they knew the Matra ones were already quite crowded... Those Bombardier ones simply suck :-/
asahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #57
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I still cannot understand why did they buy narrower trains for the Wenhu line when they knew the Matra ones were already quite crowded... Those Bombardier ones simply suck :-/
These fixed guideway systems are typically built as secondary lines or connecting lines to primary rapid transit or rail lines, especially in areas with restricted space and/or tight curves. They are by nature limited capacity, though driverless (ATO) operation may compensate somewhat. If indeed lines are operating at overcapacity, perhaps the authority underestimated the traffic levels. Perhaps an upgrade to high capacity heavy rail may be in the future.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #58
asahi

Likes (Received): 189

I know that, but it's not the point.
The thing is they had nice trains and at some point (extension of the line) they decided to buy extra rolling stock which has less capacity. That's totally ridiculous and I cannot understand why didn't they buy trains with similar capacity?
And of course I think most people would agree that Wenhu line should have been built as a normal high-capacity line, but well not it's just water under the bridge...
asahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #59
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1822

I also happened to ride the Bombardier automated trains when I was in Taipei. I must say...they're ridiculously narrow. It was really difficult to move about when there were people sitting on both sides.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM   #60
p75215p

Luzhou line 2010

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by p75215p; June 20th, 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Tags
buses, metro, mrt, taipei, taiwan