daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2017, 01:34 AM   #301
Master13
Justice for All

Likes (Received): 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Destruction of new Seoul Station and underground Seoul Station - Noryangjin Station section

A new project has been proposed. A very big project if I might say. As mentioned, the entire Seoul Station would be rebuilt underground. As part of the project:

- The " Modern" Seoul Station would be demolished (see picture of the current station)

http://alog.auric.or.kr/JC/Post/b66c...9e792ece5.aspx

It's big but it's a bit of a mess with various parts. Nothing to be ashamed of, but there is certainly an argument for rebuilding it, underground or not

- All the lines would be rebuilt underground, in a grid pattern, instead of the current layout which is a bit of a mess.
- It would allow for the addition of new lines, such as the Shinbundang line (late 2020s), Shinansan line (line 2020s), GTX A (2023), (mid 2020s), as well as the existing AREX, Gyeongui-Jungang, KTX, regular train lines. Subway lines 1 and 4 would stay where they are currently, slight East of the other tracks.
- The railroads would then be rebuilt underground for the entire Seoul Station - Noryangjin station section (including Yongsan station). The existing overground section would then be replaced by a park, as has been the case recently for the Gyeongui Line Forest Park for example, although that new park would be wider. This project is also related to the Yongsan US garrison park transformation, which should be completed by 2027.

Sounds very interesting, although many questions remain regarding feasibility and financing

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/htm...051300180.html
It is a good project, however, it is easy to say that they are going to demolish the new railway station, they make it look as if the investment made to build the new station was anything.

In the personal is a very ambitious project, but very good, I like the way of doing things in Korea, every time Seoul becomes a more cosmopiltan city.

inno4321, metro-world liked this post
Master13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2017, 01:08 PM   #302
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Seoul metro is the one of the best and strong metro network in Asia, which has crisscrossed not only the entire city are, but also connected the satellite township Incheon (that town also has a separate metro network). It currently has 9 lines— Line 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. A dense network in core city area, and also a good extension towards outer area, made it a very good transportation. The network is mostly underground. All lines are connected with each others, which strengthens the entire network. It is a very good example of a strong metro network. For this reason, most people of the city uses metro, because it reaches every are of the city and suburb, so don’t they need private car.

The line 1 is the most exception route, because it is used by both metro and suburban train as a reciprocal service. Metro trains goes towards suburb on open air, and suburban trains come in city centre via underground. This is a very good example to expand metro service directly to outer suburbs, without much investing. Both metro and suburban train uses pantograph, so there is no risk of electrocution touching 3rd rail on surface. Actually the underground portion is typically served by metro, but most metro trains runs towards suburbs, and also some trains connects Incheon metro network, that connection also done by some suburban trains. I saw very few such metro line around the world.

Line 3 is also used by both metro and suburban train as a reciprocal service on the north-western portion, but that suburban section is mostly underground. The same is applied to line 4. It also connects Incheon metro network, both by suburban train and metro. This hybrid services of line 1, 3 & 4 expanded metro system towards suburb also, without much investment. This is a very good example.

I don’t know why they have three different metro company for a single city. I think rather than three different operating company, all these nine lines should be unified under a single company to operate the entire metro network more smoothly.

dimlys1994, inno4321, FabriFlorence liked this post
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2017, 01:40 PM   #303
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
I donít know why they have three different metro company for a single city. I think rather than three different operating company, all these nine lines should be unified under a single company to operate the entire metro network more smoothly.
Why? I don't think that's a very good idea, if other large cities, like Tokyo or Osaka have more than one subway operator

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

inno4321, Ashis Mitra liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2017, 02:33 PM   #304
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Seoul metro is the one of the best and strong metro network in Asia, which has crisscrossed not only the entire city are, but also connected the satellite township Incheon (that town also has a separate metro network). It currently has 9 linesó Line 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. A dense network in core city area, and also a good extension towards outer area, made it a very good transportation. The network is mostly underground. All lines are connected with each others, which strengthens the entire network. It is a very good example of a strong metro network. For this reason, most people of the city uses metro, because it reaches every are of the city and suburb, so donít they need private car.

The line 1 is the most exception route, because it is used by both metro and suburban train as a reciprocal service. Metro trains goes towards suburb on open air, and suburban trains come in city centre via underground. This is a very good example to expand metro service directly to outer suburbs, without much investing. Both metro and suburban train uses pantograph, so there is no risk of electrocution touching 3rd rail on surface. Actually the underground portion is typically served by metro, but most metro trains runs towards suburbs, and also some trains connects Incheon metro network, that connection also done by some suburban trains. I saw very few such metro line around the world.

Line 3 is also used by both metro and suburban train as a reciprocal service on the north-western portion, but that suburban section is mostly underground. The same is applied to line 4. It also connects Incheon metro network, both by suburban train and metro. This hybrid services of line 1, 3 & 4 expanded metro system towards suburb also, without much investment. This is a very good example.

I donít know why they have three different metro company for a single city. I think rather than three different operating company, all these nine lines should be unified under a single company to operate the entire metro network more smoothly.
Plenty of interlining in Japan.
Dedicated core network operated by a Metro operator in Crossrail in London, RER in Paris.

Seoul isn't the only example.

As for different companies, it helps create artificial competition in operations management (customer service) and service delivery (way trains are planned). Also helps with union disruption- an entire city won't go down if one company goes on strike.

dimlys1994 liked this post
cal_t no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2017, 08:39 AM   #305
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12550

Official Kick off massive 6 level below ground transfer hub project in YOUNGDONGDAERO
Seoul's paper for international design competition
If Seoul station~Norrangjin to be buried underground(kimi's post) and buried over ground rail road become underground and Seoul station buried then Seoul will be has huge TWO massive underground transfer space in the city.
This youngdongdarero project confirm project but We should keep watch about Seoul station project cause SK government and Seoul city relied on civil investment rather than public money.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

dimlys1994, Master13 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:03 AM   #306
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t View Post
Plenty of interlining in Japan.
Dedicated core network operated by a Metro operator in Crossrail in London, RER in Paris.

Seoul isn't the only example.

As for different companies, it helps create artificial competition in operations management (customer service) and service delivery (way trains are planned). Also helps with union disruption- an entire city won't go down if one company goes on strike.
Hmm, yes, a very good point you have said, and have cleared my confusion. It is better. Thank you for your explanation.
Old May 22nd, 2017, 11:06 AM   #307
Ashis Mitra

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. Here I’m writing.

1) Line 1 will be extended north from Dongducheon Station with five stations to Yeoncheon Station. The existing line is being double-tracked with the introduction of metro trains and services. Construction will complete in 2019. It means it will be more long, and reciprocal operation will be continued towards more north. Has the construction started?

2) Line 4 will be extended east from Danggogae Station with three stations to serve the Jinjeop development area, Namyangju. Construction will complete in 2020. I have not got any map for such extension. Has the construction started? please write some details with map.

3) Line 5 will be extended east by December 2018 from Sangil-dong Station with three stations to serve Gangil-dong and Hanam (Misa New City, Pungsan development area). I have not got any map for such extension. Has the construction started? please write some details with map. Is line 5 fully underground?

4) I also heard that in future line 5 will be further extended east by March 2020 from Pungsan to Hanam city hall and Geomdan Mountain. Please write some details with map.

5) Line 7 will be extended west from Bupyeong-gu Office Station to Seoknam Station, offering a transfer to Incheon Subway Line 2 in 2021. It will be the first true Seoul metro line which will connect Incheon metro. Has the construction started?

6) Line 8 is being extended 6 stations northwards to Byeollae Station of the Gyeongchun Line, with a transfer to Guri Station of Gyeongui-Jungang Line along the way by 2022. This will be a very important extension, because it will create and interchange with two suburban train stations. Peoples who will coming from Chuncheon could take metro from Byeollae, and those who will coming from Yongmun could take metro from Buri. It will reduce the load of the suburban lines at city centre area. I have not got any map for such extension. Has the construction started? please write some details with map. I personally want this extension should be constructed earlier as possible. Is line 8 fully underground?

7) Line 9 is being extended eastward to Korea Veteran's Hospital Station by the end of 2018, offering a transfer to line 8 at Seokchon Station and line 5 at Olympic Park Station. It will be another good extension, which will make the metro network more stronger. Has the construction started?

In a word, Seoul metro network will be more expanded and stronger in near future. Best of luck to Seoul.

dimlys1994, FabriFlorence, aquaticko liked this post
Old May 23rd, 2017, 11:57 AM   #308
inno4321

Two New mono rail proposal

According to the report and Seoul's information

Seoul has TWO mono rail or TRAM transportation might be to built in Seoul(proposal)

One is Jamsil MONO RAIL transit
This is surely Mono rail not tram
this proposal suggest by SK architecture firm and choose and Award as 2th winning in design competition

This rail begin from COEX~HYUNDAI HQ~JAMSIL NEW mice complex~Han river park

This is suggested by KORAIL which National Rail company in SK
This transit a part of plan for YOUNGSAN IBD project which over 600m landmark area
They say it is 트램 TRAM but I'm skeptical it built as Tram rather than MONO Rail. Cause it geographically weird to built tram in here. So I guess they confused MONO rail with TRAM.
They want to built like Shinjuku of TOKYO.
anyway This transit begin from Yeoiudo~cross han river~YOUNGSAN station~ETAEWON

I'm not expert about subway or transit So maybe other member more give exact explain about this transit

BWT Shin an sansun New SUBWAY OF seoul
Now FI which selected as subway try to negotiation with SAMSUNG C&T
If SAMSUNG C&T promising and participated on Shin ansansun as guarantee U/C company then project keep fast

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old May 24th, 2017, 06:03 PM   #309
FabriFlorence

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Seoul metro is the one of the best and strong metro network in Asia, which has crisscrossed not only the entire city are, but also connected the satellite township Incheon (that town also has a separate metro network). It currently has 9 linesó Line 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9. A dense network in core city area, and also a good extension towards outer area, made it a very good transportation. The network is mostly underground. All lines are connected with each others, which strengthens the entire network. It is a very good example of a strong metro network. For this reason, most people of the city uses metro, because it reaches every are of the city and suburb, so donít they need private car.

I thought only Japanese city like Tokyo and Osaka have a reciprocal service between metro and suburban train. I'm very surprised to know that also Seoul has it!

Ashis Mitra liked this post
FabriFlorence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2017, 09:58 AM   #310
inno4321

New Seoul 2line subway train
seoul buying 200 unit
1 unit about $900 THOUSAND USD
seat widen from 435㎜ to 480㎜
entrance n exit door between unit to unit widen from 750㎜ to 1200㎜
emergency power plant rithum eon battery
LED lighting
fine dust filtering system PM10
http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin...ML?input=1195m

Old May 27th, 2017, 05:49 PM   #311
inno4321

http://www.gyotongn.com/news/article...l?idxno=174762

Seoul selected New M bus company
M bus commute BUS From Incheon~Jamsil
basic fee is $3

Old May 30th, 2017, 02:50 PM   #312
inno4321

Woo e light rail transit(many station)
northern seoul easily access into Bukhan mountain by this train
Almost completed

subway 9 extension line U/C
this subway pass rich district in seoul
gangnam HYUNDAI GBC TOWER~OYLMPIC STADIUM~nearby LWT 555M~OLYMPIC PARK

Shilm~bong chun tunnel for car raod

EasySeven, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old May 31st, 2017, 05:38 AM   #313
tukangmartabak

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

New Seoul 2line subway train
seoul buying 200 unit
1 unit about $900 THOUSAND USD
seat widen from 435㎜ to 480㎜
entrance n exit door between unit to unit widen from 750㎜ to 1200㎜
emergency power plant rithum eon battery
LED lighting
fine dust filtering system PM10
what? Not used cushion for the seat? Why they choose plastic seat instead cushion?
tukangmartabak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 07:06 AM   #314
cal_t
Transport Advocate

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukangmartabak View Post
what? Not used cushion for the seat? Why they choose plastic seat instead cushion?
You're lucky to get seats at all in Asia- plastic is easier to clean, less wear and tear, cheaper to replace, etc.

I would advocate for plastic in all mass transit, but Western ideals dictate that comfort is a concern to customers, hence why in the Tube and Paris Metro you still find cloth seat cushions.

Personally I also find plastic more hygienic. It doesn't collect dust like the cloth ones do.
Old May 31st, 2017, 01:48 PM   #315
FabriFlorence

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t View Post
You're lucky to get seats at all in Asia- plastic is easier to clean, less wear and tear, cheaper to replace, etc.

I would advocate for plastic in all mass transit, but Western ideals dictate that comfort is a concern to customers, hence why in the Tube and Paris Metro you still find cloth seat cushions.

Personally I also find plastic more hygienic. It doesn't collect dust like the cloth ones do.
In Italy all mass transit uses plastic.
FabriFlorence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 03:02 PM   #316
inno4321

http://land2025.tistory.com/entry/%E...82%A8%EC%84%A0

Hanam 5line subway extension u/c

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukangmartabak View Post

Since intentional fire accident in Daegu subway long time ago
at that time many citizens victims

So since that accident Seoul's all subway changed not only seat but also all inside material from cushion to metal kind of material which mean anti flaming

Last edited by inno4321; May 31st, 2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old June 1st, 2017, 07:19 AM   #317
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 7192

Seoul Metro Created out of Merger between Two Subway Corporations

Quote:
A new state-run corporation, Seoul Metro, in charge of Seoul's all subway lines has been born in May 31. For the past 23 years, Subway Line No. 1 to 4 have been run by Seoul Metro Corp. while Subway Line No. 5 to 8 by Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corp.

A Seoul metropolitan city official said on the same day, "We have come to a conclusion that service won't be improved any more under the current system, with a series of accidents and the mounting debt. The unions of the two metro corporations have agreed to the idea of unifying the organizations."

The two subway corporations had pushed for a merger since December 2014 but the negotiations fell through in March the next year due to opposition from the unions. The discussion resumed in May last year after the fatal accident of a repair crew at Guui Station (No. 2). After an overwhelming affirmative vote among the members of both unions, the Seoul Legislature passed an ordinance establishing a new merged entity.

The biggest point on which the new metro corporation will focus is safety, which is also the main cause of the merger. By putting together safety crews under a single roof, the corporation plans to improve safety features of all eight subway lines.
http://english.hankyung.com/business...y-corporations

So, logos will have to be replaced, with no fewer than 280,000 ones to replace.

kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2017, 03:14 AM   #318
inno4321

woo e light rail transit's rail road install U/C
this light rail almost completed
people easily go to climb beautiful mountain Buckhansan by riding this train

Old June 14th, 2017, 02:10 PM   #319
inno4321

UWEE LIGHT RAIL TRANSIT 13 station 1 subway deposit camp 90% progress!!!!!

SOLSAM station U/C!!

dimlys1994, aquaticko liked this post
Old June 14th, 2017, 09:07 PM   #320
metro-world

Likes (Received): 32

Seoul diffrent metro companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
Why? I don't think that's a very good idea, if other large cities, like Tokyo or Osaka have more than one subway operator
Well what are the diffrent metro operators in Osaka??

Seoul immediately merged 2 of the 3 companies.
why this was in Seoul, you have to go back 35 years and see for the construction of the lines then. for line 3 and 4 some private capital were used.
then the 2 city lines were integrated in one firm prior the Olympics 1988.
during the 1990' a big construction program were set up by Seoul Gov and Nat. Gov. for lines 5 to 8. this came then in a new company.
finally line 9 is again mostly privately financed and by that in a separate company - but all 9 lines are operating in a single fare system.
metro-world no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, seoul