daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Tanzania > Projects and Construction Updates > Dar es Salaam

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 13th, 2011, 09:43 AM   #1
tanzan
Serengeti

Likes (Received): 1035

DAR ES SALAAM | PSPF Commercial Towers | 35 fl x2 | 152.800 M|501.312 FT|U/C

tanzan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #2
tanzan
Serengeti

Some of you have seen the renders but I thought it should have its own thread. I also struggle to find it to post updates. Initially it was in PSPF House thread or Tanzania General construction but now it will be easier to make a followup.
Old May 13th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #3
kiligoland

Likes (Received): 5989

for that
kiligoland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Kenguy

Likes (Received): 636

Im guessing these two are taller than the Bank of Tanzania twin towers. It will definitely take the spotlight among the new towers coming up. Kinda like Dars version of the former WTC in New York.
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #5
LADEN
Solid As A Rock

Likes (Received): 342

This is the best tower going up in Africa at the moment.
LADEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #6
tanzan
Serengeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenguy View Post
Im guessing these two are taller than the Bank of Tanzania twin towers. It will definitely take the spotlight among the new towers coming up. Kinda like Dars version of the former WTC in New York.
BOT twin towers are 20 floors each...so definately taller! the site is right on the waterfront facing the port which will make amazing skyline.
Old May 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #7
hsark
Afritect

Likes (Received): 168

will these be the tallest buildings in the country once complete?

one nation , one zambia

大阪, ŌsakaJapan
hsark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #8
tanzan
Serengeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsark View Post
will these be the tallest buildings in the country once complete?
yes but not for long as plans & preparation are underway for constructing 40 and 50 storeys.If all goes well construction will start soon.
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:23 AM   #9
Ras Siyan
Jamhuuriyada Jabuuti

Likes (Received): 404

Impressive and nice! Dar skyline is changing fast.
Ras Siyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #10
hsark
Afritect

Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanzan View Post
yes but not for long as plans & preparation are underway for constructing 40 and 50 storeys.If all goes well construction will start soon.
wats the name of the project

one nation , one zambia

大阪, ŌsakaJapan
hsark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:28 AM   #11
tanzan
Serengeti

On Site Studying Pile Foundations In PSPF Tower a New Project In Dar es Salaam CBD

A pile is a type of foundation commonly used in property construction. Piles are used as a substitute for other foundation methods when earth around the property isn’t strong enough to support conventional foundations. Piles are used to stack up more layers of soil and keep them walled in, providing a firmer base.

A special type of foundation that enables a structure to be supported by a layer of soil found at any depth below the ground surface. A pile foundation comprises two basic structural elements, the pile and the pile cap. A pile cap is a structural base, similar to a spread footing, that supports a structural column, wall, or slab, except that it bears on a single pile or group of piles. A pile can be described as a structural stilt hammered into the ground. Each pile carries a portion of the pile cap load and transfers it to the soil in the vicinity of the pile tip, located at the bottom of the pile (see illustration).
End-bearing pile.
The pile and pile cap configuration has provided the basic design solution to the difficult problem of obtaining deep foundation support below areas where poor soil conditions prevail. Poor soil conditions may be difficult to excavate through, and are incapable of supporting structural loads. They are typically characterized by the presence of a soft, compressible layer of clay, high ground-water levels, loosely filled soils,uncontrolled landfills, boulders, abandoned underground structures, and natural bodies of water. By supporting a structure on piles in lieu of spread footings, any adverse soil condition may be virtually bypassed, and adequate foundation support can be obtained at any depth, without the need to perform deep excavation, dewater, and install temporary sheeting and bracing.
Piles are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, and materials that enable a particular type of pile foundation to be viable both economically and structurally. Principal materials are timber, concrete, and steel.
Pile foundations are used to support marine structures and offshore platforms, since they are located over bodies of water. On land, pile foundations are used primarily in locations where poor soil conditions exist.

Driven Piling
Driven Piles can be made from different materials. Steel or wood can be used to make the piles but concrete is usually used. Driven piles are a popular solution as they can be adapted to fit different properties.
Piled WallsPiled walls are constructed using bored piling methods. Piled walls can provide a distinct advantage when basement excavation faces must be vertical. Piled walls provide highly durable support even for water holding constructions.
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:31 AM   #12
Modernafrica2011

Likes (Received): 74

Dar is probably the busiest constrution site in EA at the moment!
Modernafrica2011 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 01:23 PM   #13
ciceroji

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernafrica2011 View Post
Dar is probably the busiest constrution site in EA at the moment!
Actually I don't think so. Dar has more towers going up for sure. But Nairobi has a huge amount of apartment construction going on. It is just that they are generally 4-5 story buildings so we don't get to find out about them.
ciceroji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #14
kiligoland

Likes (Received): 5989

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceroji View Post
Actually I don't think so. Dar has more towers going up for sure. But Nairobi has a huge amount of apartment construction going on. It is just that they are generally 4-5 story buildings so we don't get to find out about them.
yeah, real estate business in nairobi is intese, dar not so much may be soon, as some homes construction projects just started kicking off
kiligoland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #15
Modernafrica2011

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiligoland View Post
yeah, real estate business in nairobi is intese, dar not so much may be soon, as some homes construction projects just started kicking off
You may be refering to Dar's CBD as "Dar" in your responses above. You better research first about the extent to which residential apartments are coming up in other localities outside the Dar CBD before concluding. I have not been to Nairobi or Kampala recently and I can not conclude, not surprising therefore my usage of the term "probably" in the earlier message I posted. You can substantiate your position with evidence in form of renders. I would not like to fall into the temptation of believing that your earlier contribution is a matter of patriotism and nothing else. Mine is not, it is purely objective. Can we see renders please?

Last edited by Modernafrica2011; June 18th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
Modernafrica2011 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #16
ciceroji

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernafrica2011 View Post
You can substantiate your position with evidence in form of renders. I would not like to fall into the temptation of believing that your earlier contribution is a matter of patriotism and nothing else. Mine is not, it is purely objective. Can we see renders please?
I was referring to the whole of Dar. I have been to both Dar and Nairobi recently and that is just my view from what I have seen. Most of the construction in Nairobi is only visible at street level if visiting the particular neighborhood. I think no one is posting because it is just basically alot of 4-5 story apartment constructions... a bit boring.
ciceroji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:47 PM   #17
chamoto
سلم

Likes (Received): 60

Tanzan with all these new buildings u/c congested in one area, will they get tenants? Is demand that high?

Mimi na wewe
chamoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM   #18
MARK_S
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

TANZANIA: An Angel of Idealism and the Land of Incessant Revolution. ( AILIR )

------------------------------TANZANIA [AILIR]---------------------------------
MARK_S no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:53 AM   #19
bnr_888

Likes (Received): 29

Wow I haven't seen this site yet, where is it located exactly ? and any more updates?
bnr_888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:51 PM   #20
tanzan
Serengeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamoto View Post
Tanzan with all these new buildings u/c congested in one area, will they get tenants? Is demand that high?
Oh year no doubt there is huge demand...

The highest and lowest points of the AFRICAN continent can both be found in TANZANIA!