daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old August 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #501
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Likes (Received): 22414

^ hamburg looks denser than london at least.
il fenomeno no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:06 PM   #502
dutchsnookerfan

Likes (Received): 9

Which one is it?
Old August 19th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #503
dutchsnookerfan

Likes (Received): 9

I dont think it is more dense.
Old August 19th, 2011, 04:05 PM   #504
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

Old August 19th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #505
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by il fenomeno View Post
You guys clearly don't understand how the skyscraper constructions in London work.

Obviously London is not trying to get a proper "packed" cluster in the middle of the city.

The aim of London is to get several "mini" clusters in various parts of the city and this is how massive cities do.

Comparing the density of London and Hamburg is absolutely absurd and ludicrous.

London is probably the most booming city in Europe in terms of construction and development.

In a few years, you will see "skyline" clusters in Croydon, Olympic Village, Canary Wharf, The City, Southwark and western parts of the city as well.

You can't really compare Frankfurt to London skylines and say oh London skyline sucks, in reality London doesn't even have proper cluster because it's skyline is so big and spread out across the city.

One thing that people should realise is that London mainly concentrates on quality, iconic design and architecture of buildings, thanks to some of the world's best London architects like Norman Foster group.

Bye for now i am tired of this old story and best wishes to Frankfurt's towers in One on One Tournament.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #506
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Likes (Received): 27230

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
You guys clearly don't understand ...
You clearly don't undertsand, that people do understand and still vote FFM skyline ahead of London in all relevant sklyine Polls in SSC. One on One comparsion is an argument for "Best European Skyscraper" Thread, but here it is some kind of minor matter. No 1970 Frankfurt-Box got a vote from me in the one on one competition, but in a skyline poll i would share my vote to FFM and London with light tendencies to FFM. In 2-3 Years things will probably change.
Density-comparsion between Hamburg in London was clearly a joke to people who say, London city was dence and try to proof it with tele-zoomed pictures.

You don't need to get agressive and act huffy when people do not share your oppinion. You will not reach anything by that, and you will be more angry next time.

Last edited by Ji-Ja-Jot; August 19th, 2011 at 06:06 PM.
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  
Old August 19th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #507
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
You clearly don't undertsand, that people do understand and still vote FFM skyline ahead of London in all relevant sklyine Polls in SSC. One on One comparsion is an argument for "Best European Skyscraper" Thread, but here it is some kind of minor matter.
You are misunderstanding now, the reason why i did mention that 1vs1 contest is because i wanted to express my previous (above) lines about quality, iconic towers and architecture. London will always beat and defeat Frankfurt, Warsaw, or whatever when it comes to icon and recognizable landmarks and towers. On the other hand, London will never get a very dense cluster in the middle of the city because it simply doesn't have any vacancy/space to build these modern towers among preserved old buildings. So what develops do is that they randomly build many towers in various parts of the city (as far as there is space) and one tower to another tower will be very far apart obvious example is CW to City they are 4 miles away each other. Frankfurt has completely different cityscape, nature and environment and it's just irrelevant to compare to cities like Paris and London. This is the original plan for future London skyline and skyscraper constructions have just started, really just about to kick off. There are still many proposed buildings, approved buildings and much more to come. The Shard will be placed/set up as the centre of skyline and constructions will be expended across The City, Canary Wharf and Croydon year by year and finally London will end up with a very very big and enormous skyline. (which i am not a fan of)

Last edited by SO143; August 19th, 2011 at 06:50 PM.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old August 19th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #508
Eduardo L. Ramirez

Likes (Received): 910

Rotterdam

image hosted on flickr

Rotterdam rainbow by Rogier Vermeulen, on Flickr

Moscow

image hosted on flickr

moscow-russia-skyline-aerial by djdubrock, on Flickr

Paris
image hosted on flickr

P1040334 by Northwood Park Red Shirt Boy, on Flickr

Last edited by Eduardo L. Ramirez; August 20th, 2011 at 02:08 AM.
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #509
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

London is sooo "massive" and the "most booming" city, it has the "best architecture" and "best architects", with the "most recognizable" and "most iconic" towers, overall it's the "best in terms of construction and development", "it will always beat and defeat" all the other cities...blargh, blagh...

SO143, London and you should get a room.
Tiaren no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #510
SO143
BANNED

Oh la la Europe's densest skyline cluster which contains some of the world's most recognizable and iconic towers.

Frankfurt

image hosted on flickr

Mainhattan by MUESCA61

image hosted on flickr

Es will mer ned... by formfaktor
SO143 no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #511
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

You are such a troll! You, my friend, are the only one throwing around with superlatives, not us! No reason to mock Frankfurt now...
Tiaren no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #512
SO143
BANNED

You're bigger troll, you failed to come up with reasonable facts, explanation and argument like i was able to deliver.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #513
SO143
BANNED

SO143 no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM   #514
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiaren View Post
London is sooo "massive" and the "most booming" city, it has the "best architecture" and "best architects", with the "most recognizable" and "most iconic" towers, overall it's the "best in terms of construction and development", "it will always beat and defeat" all the other cities...blargh, blagh...

SO143, London and you should get a room.

Yeah, his love and support for London are terrible. But don't worry. In 2015 there will be a lot of outstanding skylines in Europe and it will become very very difficult to say which one will be the best.
Of course I'm looking foward to Frankfurt's skyline (also with hope for T350 or maybe even T365). Here a picture of middle 2012:

[img]http://i52.************/xc6f40.jpg[/img]
Skyline.Fan no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #515
cardiac86

Likes (Received): 1390

@skyline.fan: Bei der (kŁnstlichen) Erweiterung in dem Bild um die EZB zu sehen, mŁsste man auch noch Nextower+Jumeirah sehen, oder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
Oh la la Europe's densest skyline cluster which contains some of the world's most recognizable and iconic towers.

Frankfurt

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It always depends on the angle and you know that.... So stop trolling around, we know that London is the best!
cardiac86 no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 08:30 PM   #516
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiaren View Post
You are such a troll!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac86 View Post
So stop trolling around

Definition of trolls by one of SSC administrators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
Trolls are people who come here and bring no contribution to the forum but bashing, it's often visible on national attacks. Do not answer their flamme wars, you're only making it worse. PM a moderator rather, we always answer.
Since a person like me have contributed so much to SSC, besides i have never started any flame wars and i always come up with reasons, facts, process, explanation and points about why i think this is better than that or vice versa and i always provide sources and evidence to back up my words. So, i think that constantly calling me a troll with no reasons is just literally bashing and insulting a fellow member and this sort of profanity towards other members should not be tolerated cos it's against SSC rules. Anyway, i am outta this skyline discussion and i hope you enjoy your stay. Have fun

(PS Don't reply me and don't quote my name for further discussion, Many thanks)
SO143 no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #517
alekssa1

Likes (Received): 1787

I remember SO143 was standing for paris, rotterdam and especially moscow. it doesnt make him/her trolling in favour of london. And in his/her posts all of us could see different cities and countries. I would not say those sets of photos were prejudiced. Even if he/she says london or moscow are among the best, it is SO143's point of view.
alekssa1 no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #518
il fenomeno
♥ helfen statt hetzen ♥

if post #510 isnt trolling, i dont know.
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #519
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

Everyone just STFU and post pictures. kthxbye

Paris

by Stardust from 4coolpics.com
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea  
Old August 20th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #520
Mossy22

Likes (Received): 42

A few pics for Liverpool

image hosted on flickr

Liverpool Skyline by alancookson, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Rainbow over Liverpool skyline by petecarr, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

New Liverpool 2009 by Lee Carus, on Flickr

DURHAM - Through My Eyes http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1#post75818611

LIVERPOOL - Through My Eyes http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1424462
Mossy22 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
Омск, belgrade, frankfurt, hamburg, istanbul, italia, london, milan, milano, moscow, newcastle, paris, rotterdam, the hague, warsaw