daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:08 PM   #621
Eduardo L. Ramirez

Likes (Received): 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
I did check all your links the other day. I mean no offend but some of them look like the ones in Bangkok.

I am so disappointed by quality and architecture of skyscrapers in Frankfurt.

What i was hoping from this city is not the quantity of towers which are massively built across the city like you see in Manila or Kuala Lumpur whatever

I want Frankfurt to build only very very high quality and iconic skyscrapers (designed by world's best architects) that represent not only for Germany but on behalf of the entire Euro Zone.

An economically very powerful city that manages and controls Europe's most important head quarters, banks, and other big companies, and a city that contains at least a bunch of supertalls like International Commerce Centre, Two Financial Centres in Hong Kong, Bank of America Tower and One World Trade Centre in New York, an icon like The Gherkin and The Shard in London etc that kinda of iconic glass-towers.

At the moment the only towers i like are Dutchesche Twins Towers because of their quality of cladding. But, hold on a second, Paris already has tons of that kind of quality towers although they may not be too iconic on the global scale.

I am very excited about new European Headquarter tower in Frankfurt, which is defo my type but then again Frankfurt fails to deliver the height, tower is just way too short and wouldn't even be visible if it was built in big cities like New York, London, Moscow for eg.

It would be great if they increase the height a bit more, at least 280m will make it perfect although if it's not a supertall.
While I still agree with your last statement I also still think it isn't the best way to present your opinion/position here like you were telling us facts. With your fixation to "iconic glass claddings" and obvious willingness to implement that fixation also to others (or why do you keep claiming the same thing in almost every post?!?) you at least appear to be some kind of 'special'..
Like mark1100 said: who are you responding/talking to? Why do you have to bring this same thing up again and again

By the way: ECB will stand at 185m to roof and 220m to antenna.
Eduardo L. Ramirez no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM   #622
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
I did check all your links the other day. I mean no offend but some of them look like the ones in Bangkok.

I am so disappointed by quality and architecture of skyscrapers in Frankfurt.

What i was hoping from this city is not the quantity of towers which are massively built across the city like you see in Manila or Kuala Lumpur whatever

I want Frankfurt to build only very very high quality and iconic skyscrapers (designed by world's best architects) that represent not only for Germany but on behalf of the entire Euro Zone.

An economically very powerful city that manages and controls Europe's most important head quarters, banks, and other big companies, and a city that contains at least a bunch of supertalls like International Commerce Centre, Two Financial Centres in Hong Kong, Bank of America Tower and One World Trade Centre in New York, an icon like The Gherkin and The Shard in London etc that kinda of iconic glass-towers.

At the moment the only towers i like are Dutchesche Twins Towers because of their quality of cladding. But, hold on a second, Paris already has tons of that kind of quality towers although they may not be too iconic on the global scale.

I am very excited about new European Headquarter tower in Frankfurt, which is defo my type but then again Frankfurt fails to deliver the height, tower is just way too short and wouldn't even be visible if it was built in big cities like New York, London, Moscow for eg.

It would be great if they increase the height a bit more, at least 280m will make it perfect although if it's not a supertall.

You are sooooooo boring dude. Please get a job, I just can't understand how a normal guy can achieve nearly 7000 posts since February 2011.

Go and make love with the Gherkin but stop mentioning it wherever you have the chance to do it. We don't care for your opinion anymore, it's total bullshit you come up with.

London can build as many skyscrapers as they want to, it won't look superior to Frankfurt. And be sure, that nothing will ever beat the Messeturm in Frankfurt. Basically the Empire State Building of Europe. And do us all a favour, go and look up the names. It's ****** ridiculous to see a guy with 7000 posts in a skyscraper forum to call famous buildings Dutchesche Twins Towers or Mesi Tower.

And your love for Moscow is a joke, 20 km's ahead of these skyscrapers, people freeze to death because the heating installations don't run in winter. Moscow's skyline is a hilarious try to look superior, but if you love clean structures, then Moscow, Putin and his crazy oil billionaires who are responsible for this out of reality skyline just can make you smile.

I'm done with you, you're not even worth the single move of my fingers on my keyboard.

Last edited by Skyline.Fan; September 1st, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Skyline.Fan no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:23 PM   #623
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo L. Ramirez View Post
Like mark1100 said: who are you responding/talking to? Why do you have to bring this same thing up again and again
Forget it, he just wants everyone to say Frankfurt has the best skyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo L. Ramirez View Post
ECB will stand at 185m to roof and 220m to antenna.
Spire will not make an impact on the skyline but 185m is not short at all, gotta wait to see how the cladding will turn up for this decent looking tower.

Broadgate tower in London is 165m tall but it is hardly visible from any angle. Most people don't even notice it.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 06:28 PM   #624
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline.Fan View Post
London can build as many skyscrapers as they want to, it won't look superior to Frankfurt.
Indeed, vice versa. Frankfurt can build anything they want to, but it will never become an Alpha++ world city like New York or London or other Global cities like Paris and Tokyo. Stop dreaming. I am fed up of yall patriotism.

Quote:
You are sooooooo boring dude.
Same to you, you're too boring and you just hate anyone if their opinion is different to yours.

I don't give a crap about London, i am tired of hearing this name. By the way, i am not from UK or Europe, i have been to London only for a visit, for gods sake i gotta stop mentioning this bullocks repeatedly
SO143 no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM   #625
krkseg1ops

Likes (Received): 1150

Quote:
Frankfurt can build anything they want to, but it will never become an Alpha++ world city like New York or London or other Global cities like Paris and Tokyo. Stop dreaming.
This is pure trolling. Stop this, you're being ridiculous with your prejudiced opinion.
krkseg1ops no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:26 PM   #626
SO143
BANNED

^ Sorry my bad, Frankfurt is the best, neither Moscow nor whatever will never/ever be able to catch up with Frankfurt, geez!
SO143 no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 07:27 PM   #627
cardiac86

Likes (Received): 1390

LOL. Again... you are always mixing up talking about the SKYLINE of a city and the city itself. Dude, this is ridicilious! We all know that London is an Alpha++ city and Frankfurt is not. We all know, that London is a capital with ~14mio people in the metropolitan area and Frankfurt is not. But that has NOTHING to do with the skyline of the city.

Actually, one can reverse it: It's embarassing for London to compete with a small city like Frankfurt in terms of the skyline. For every skyscraper under construction in Frankfurt, London should have 5 or more under construction. But that's not the way I (or we) discuss in this thread. Its all about skyline. Get it. Please.
cardiac86 no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM   #628
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

And to add yet something else to SO143. Please shut up about:
"You just hate anyone if their opinion is different to yours"
Actually YOU are the one, who presents his opinions as facts all the time.
Tiaren no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM   #629
ultEmate
ульт

Likes (Received): 26004

Moscow.

http://zyalt.livejournal.com/448370.html
ultEmate no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:12 PM   #630
Erhan

Likes (Received): 10507

Istanbul

image hosted on flickr

a view of my window. by nature photographer., on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Sheraton Istanbul Maslak Hotel—Panorama by Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, on Flickr
Erhan no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM   #631
ultEmate
ульт

Likes (Received): 26004

Quote:
And your love for Moscow is a joke, 20 km's ahead of these skyscrapers, people freeze to death because the heating installations don't run in winter. Moscow's skyline is a hilarious try to look superior, but if you love clean structures, then Moscow, Putin and his crazy oil billionaires who are responsible for this out of reality skyline just can make you smile.
Man, you're retarded. I live 1000km away from Moscow and I'm doing better than you.
ultEmate no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 08:51 PM   #632
cardiac86

Great pics of Moscow and Istanbul.

I was in Istanbul in 2005, wow, this city is ****** BOOMING!
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM   #633
Skepta

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
You are sooooooo boring dude. Please get a job, I just can't understand how a normal guy can achieve nearly 7000 posts since February 2011.

London can build as many skyscrapers as they want to, it won't look superior to Frankfurt. And be sure, that nothing will ever beat the Messeturm in Frankfurt. Basically the Empire State Building of Europe. And do us all a favour, go and look up the names. It's ****** ridiculous to see a guy with 7000 posts in a skyscraper forum to call famous buildings Dutchesche Twins Towers or Mesi Tower.
I actually value his posts - maybe you should show some more appreciation, he posts more skyline pics from a wider range of cities than anyone else has on this thread.

And your point re: Frankfurt towers are nicer.

Japan Center is a shocking example to pick, in my opinion it's hideous. And I also think Messeturm is shockingly overrated, it just looks like a big crayon stuck into the ground. Nowhere near iconic enough/large enough to be called the ESB of Europe

I'm not a huge fan of the London skyline - I think it's among the best of a very average group in Europe (compared to Asian and NA skylines). But some of the individual skyscrapers (being) built - such as the Shard, Pinnacle, Leadenhall, Fenchurch, Gherkin, HSBC (voted best box tower in the world, according to one of these SSC polls) - are stunning examples of architecture and would do any city proud. By comparison, the only tower in Frankfurt I find attractive is Commerzbank.

I still think the Frankfurt skyline is currently every bit as good as London's, I just wish there were more people willing to accept that both are among the best in Europe. It seems most of the people who like London disregard the Frankfurt skyline, and vice versa.
Skepta no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 09:53 PM   #634
tikiturf

Likes (Received): 46

For me the best skyline in Europe is London and the top 10 is :

1) London
2) Paris
3) Frankfurt
4) Moscow
5) Istanbul
6) Rotterdam
7) Milan
8) Warsaw
9) Vienna
10) Madrid
tikiturf no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:00 PM   #635
cardiac86

In the end, it just a matter of taste. For example, I like many towers in Frankfurt, but Commerzbank is one of the ugliest (imo!). In contrast to other cities, in Frankfurt there is kind of revival of Art Deco, call it neo-art deco, with elements of 20s-german architecture. All over the world, the skyscrapers get glas claddings, which became quite boring for me.
In SO143s opinion, glas cladding is a sign of quality. Thats just untrue. He may prefer glas claddings, but it has nothing do to with quality or "iconic design". Additionally, he's always mixing archicture of skyscrapers, a city's skyline and a city's global importance, depending on what fits to defend Londons skyline. :x

Overall, I like both skylines. And I like the skylines of Moscow, Warcaw, Istanbul and Paris as well! Oh wait. Thats impossible... ;-)
Old September 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM   #636
Countach

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcobruls View Post
When you look at the size of Rotterdam and The Hague and compare that with all the Italian cities and skylines combined,it is Italy that truly adds nothing.

To me Rotterdam is an ugly city,but saying its skyline "adds nothing" is just dumb.
As other forumers were showing you, Italy has at least 3 skylines better than european avarage. I prefer Italian skylines, and according to my taste Milan is about to overtake Rotterdam, and I like Naples more that The Hague... but I will never say bad things about duch cities (Rotterdam's skyline is still one of my favourite in Europe). Threads like this one, should be a way to enjoy the beauy of European cities, not a way to fight or insult each other.
Countach no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:32 PM   #637
Skyline.Fan
Supertalls 4 Frankfurt

Likes (Received): 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultEmate View Post
Man, you're retarded. I live 1000km away from Moscow and I'm doing better than you.
I don't care where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skepta View Post
I actually value his posts - maybe you should show some more appreciation, he posts more skyline pics from a wider range of cities than anyone else has on this thread.
We seem to have found a reason for the nearly 7000 posts of him.

Quote:
And your point re: Frankfurt towers are nicer.

Japan Center is a shocking example to pick, in my opinion it's hideous. And I also think Messeturm is shockingly overrated, it just looks like a big crayon stuck into the ground. Nowhere near iconic enough/large enough to be called the ESB of Europe

I'm not a huge fan of the London skyline - I think it's among the best of a very average group in Europe (compared to Asian and NA skylines). But some of the individual skyscrapers (being) built - such as the Shard, Pinnacle, Leadenhall, Fenchurch, Gherkin, HSBC (voted best box tower in the world, according to one of these SSC polls) - are stunning examples of architecture and would do any city proud. By comparison, the only tower in Frankfurt I find attractive is Commerzbank.

I still think the Frankfurt skyline is currently every bit as good as London's, I just wish there were more people willing to accept that both are among the best in Europe. It seems most of the people who like London disregard the Frankfurt skyline, and vice versa.
My opinion is easy. If you love skyscrapers, then it's (imho) impossible to dislike the Messeturm. But of course I respect your opinion about it. Maybe you would change your opinion in front of it.

Your favourite building of Frankfurt seems to be the Commerzbank Tower, for me it is a great building too, but Foster did a very bad job on the upper part, even I have enough taste and skillz to create a better ending of this building.

I've been to Paris and I've been to London and both skylines didn't fascinate as much as Frankfurt does, that's my truth and without patriotic feelings.
London as city was also a big dissapointment for me aswell, so is the design of the Shard and the Gherkin too.

But how the hell would I be if i would call them shit or low quality buildings just because they don't represent the designs which I favour?! The Pinnacle is a building I'd love to have in Frankfurt too, though they kinda copied it from Paris.

All in all I can't stand opinions from people like SO143 who love to find hairs in the soup. Don't hail Frankfurt, just respect it and all is fine.
Skyline.Fan no está en línea  
Old September 1st, 2011, 11:52 PM   #638
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Likes (Received): 27234

Quote:
Not true, there is another user doing the same. But not by trying to get attention, so you probably did not recognise him.

To contribute some words to the Thread-Topic:
I am not a fan of Moscows modern glass towers (as you will see, when SO will quote me again, to proof whatever he has to proof), but this "old" shape rocks. I like the seven sisters and the triumph palace, too. They give Moscow an individual and recognisable architecture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultEmate View Post

Quote:
I don't like commerzbank tower. Its grey cladding seems dirty in nearly every light. But I share your oppnion about London towers, expept Gherkin and Frenchurch. Pinnacle will be the best one in Europe - until Phare get's hopefully build.

Last edited by Ji-Ja-Jot; September 2nd, 2011 at 12:13 AM.
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea  
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:50 AM   #639
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ji-Ja-Jot View Post
Let's hear SO143's opinion
I think i love you because you're a very lovely person and i got no doubt that Frankfurt skyline is the best in Europe, ok?

Now, please leave me alone and enjoy some pics i took in La Defense, lots of love to you <3 we good?

SO143 no está en línea  
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:51 AM   #640
SO143
BANNED

Apologies if photos are not well taken.

SO143 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
Омск, belgrade, frankfurt, hamburg, istanbul, italia, london, milan, milano, moscow, newcastle, paris, rotterdam, the hague, warsaw