daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:44 PM   #881
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiaren View Post
Lol, so Frankfurt's towers look even 60(!!) years behind? If you said 20 or 30 years one could almost take your trolling serious, but not like that...
Sorry mate i am at school so can't really tell you the details but that 60 years behind word is not my word, its said/described by a moderator in a german forum. i will find it for when when i get free time. i dont know if you want to label him a troll, that's your problem, peace out!!!
SO143 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM   #882
cardiac86

Likes (Received): 1390

Of course you can say that "Frankfurts skyline looks like 60 years behind IN MY OPINION". Thats no trolling, thats mentioning your opinion.

BUT you miss no chance to troll against Frankfurt, acting like it is a fact, and worldwide accepted opinion or a natural law.
cardiac86 no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2011, 09:14 PM   #883
tovan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

I find it very ironic that the person which started this thread with the sentence Please no trolling, no swearing, no bashing and no fighting each other in this thread etc is the biggest basher and troll in this whole thread.

we should report this person to the mods. I for one have enough of this continuous bashing and childish remarks.
tovan no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM   #884
Brad
voyageur

Likes (Received): 4155

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...0#post84355610
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM   #885
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiac86 View Post
Of course you can say that "Frankfurts skyline looks like 60 years behind IN MY OPINION". Thats no trolling, thats mentioning your opinion.
Hello cardiac, you and me were best buddies while we were defending Europe from Ninja's invasion in the oasis, you Remember? Now shouldn't we continue our special relationship in this place as well?

Quote:
BUT you miss no chance to troll against Frankfurt, acting like it is a fact, and worldwide accepted opinion or a natural law.
To be frank, providing credible facts, necessary sources and lists is always better than just arguing, bothering and expressing biased opinions like Puffer always does for example. He always comes up here and write Frankfurt No.1 in Europe, Frankfurt No.1 in Europe, Frankfurt No.1 in Europe god that might be bloody annoying for other people i believe but i don't have any problem with that though and i never write nor demonstrate my opinion in that ignorant way. I always try to explain with facts in most matters and some of you frankfurt lovers seem to have some issues, regarding with towers in moscow and london. I couldn't believe when Ja-Ja-Dot described (arguably) europe's best cluster moscow as cheap looking skyline and one of UK or (arguably ) Europe's finest and London most expensive tower The Gherkin as "cheap bitch at a road side just like other towers in Moscow" man, that word broke my heart into pieces and i know she wouldn't have said like that if it was built in Frankfurt. That kind of attitude is not right, and when i was keep mentioning like Frankfurt skyline is the best in Europe, this thread was so peaceful, wonderful and no fight was detected but when someone from Moscow or Istanbul comes up here and put the Frankfurt behind London in their lists, holy jesus a group of you guys pop up here and label him/her a troll and then start a flame war, god this attitude is not just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovan View Post
we should report this person to the mods. I for one have enough of this continuous bashing and childish remarks.
Please go ahead and do as you like mate, all the mods know i am an innocent folk , love you all.
SO143 no está en línea  
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM   #886
cardiac86

No one is labeling any one as troll, only because he lists london above frankfurt. its only you. but nvm.

by the way, i never made a list or would call myself a frankfurt fanboy. Thats because I think all european skylines have their advantages and disadvantages. London skyline really rocks from some angles, also Frankfurts does. I really like La Defense skyline, and Warsaw, too. But I dont like Moscows new cluster, because I think its just ***** enlargement for some rich, corrupt asses while the rest of Moscow is rotting away. BUT of couse, there are many pictures of Moscows skyline, which are breathtaking gorgeous.

Conclusion: Ranking skylines is ridiciulous, it always depend on the shot, the angle, the weather, the postproduction etc. But trolling against one city with statements which are just not true, only showing that the person doesnt have ANY clue about architecture, is just... making me insane.

Btw: Did you see the new renderings of the Taunusturm? Iconic glas cladding, special gift for you from the architect. ;D
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #887
mark1100

Likes (Received): 798

image hosted on flickr

Flösserbrücke von gerhard.rasi auf Flickr
Old October 4th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #888
bartjee

Likes (Received): 25

Rotterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocki View Post
't stadje aan de maas vandaag:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-kitty View Post
Vandaag een rondvlucht gemaakt boven Rotterdam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martijn t View Post
Blijft toch gewoon een super mooi gebouw om te zien .

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr

WEENA by NielsKristianPhotography, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

DELFTSE POORT by NielsKristianPhotography, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

bartjee no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #889
cardiac86

Rotterdam rocks. <3
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:54 AM   #890
SO143
BANNED

image hosted on flickr

by Senzung

image hosted on flickr

by martinturner
SO143 no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:30 AM   #891
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 160

I really like London! YAY! The nice balance all over the city really looks good.
Best Cluster:Moscow
Best Layout:London
Best Skyline without overpowering:Paris
Best Location:Frankfurt
Best Cute:Warsaw
EVERYBODY what do you think of my list??
Los Earth no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2011, 01:43 PM   #892
Berlin.

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1100 View Post
WOW. This shot's amazing.
Berlin. no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #893
mlody89

Likes (Received): 1993

warsaw by polex

mlody89 no está en línea  
Old October 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #894
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Paris La Défense

Pics by Djabam
Old October 4th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #895
SO143
BANNED

Bonjour

Istanbul Skyline

by SeMiX
SO143 no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #896
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Bonjour .

La Défense' future skyline with Tower PHARE.

Old October 5th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #897
mark1100

Frankfurt in 12 Months

[IMG]http://i56.************/19ks3r.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/2r2vx9k.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:24 AM   #898
Los Earth

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1100 View Post
Frankfurt in 12 Months

[IMG]http://i56.************/19ks3r.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.************/2r2vx9k.jpg[/IMG]
Is there an outdistance photo showing Frankfurt with it's
new tower, that's going to be built?
Los Earth no está en línea  
Old October 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #899
mark1100

yes, we had this a couple months ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline.Fan View Post

Yeah, his love and support for London are terrible. But don't worry. In 2015 there will be a lot of outstanding skylines in Europe and it will become very very difficult to say which one will be the best.
Of course I'm looking foward to Frankfurt's skyline (also with hope for T350 or maybe even T365). Here a picture of middle 2012:

[img]http://i52.************/xc6f40.jpg[/img]
Old October 5th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #900
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Earth View Post
I really like London! YAY! The nice balance all over the city really looks good.
Best Cluster:Moscow
Best Layout:London
Best Skyline without overpowering:Paris
Best Location:Frankfurt
Best Cute:Warsaw
EVERYBODY what do you think of my list??
I think other cities such as Istanbul, Rotterdam, Madrid, Liverpool, Milano etc also deserve to be mentioned but you list is quite reasonable though. Moscow really has the best looking cluster because of it's supertalls height and cracking designs. For London, i think it's just started to form big skylines across the city. At the moment it's plans are to expand existing clusters like Canary Wharf and The City, then there will be more towers in Southwark, another cluster will be created around The Shard. Other areas which consist of high amount of highrises are Croydon and boroughs in West London. As far as i know Croydon will be transormed into 3rd Financial/Business District of London (according to Mayor Boris Johnson) and many future tower projects have been planned for that. I hardly give attention to quantity or mass amount but i do care about architecture, beauty, icon, design, innovation, technology and cracking quality. I mean London is the only city in Europe that has multiple/many clusters within one city and it proves how big London is. I don't get why Frankfurt fans hate this aspect. Any city can afford and able to build mass amout of towers all over the city, just look at some poor cities in Asia, their skylines are bigger and denser than our biggest guys in Europe. But, they barely produce world class architecture, iconic and quality ones though. So, to be frank i don't want European cities to copy some of those Asian skylines in order to get big skyline (but made with crappy quality). That's why i think Moscow cluster is such a great example and it suits my taste as well. In a few years "The City" cluster will become an amazing one as well. La Defense is fantastic, i have seen all those towers in person and most of them looked fabulous and quality ones: Merci for that.

For eg, in this diagram below, i only like the first 3 towers (from left) and then 5th and 6th towers. The rest are nothing special to me and i hardly give attention to those kind of towers.

In this one, i only like 3 of them out of 10 towers. They are The Gherkin, Broadgate and 20 Fencurch. ( i like Razor tower too although it's short - cos it's built with eco-friendly technology and awesome design )

From this angle, Canary Wharf "alone" can compete with other European major skylines/clusters.

image hosted on flickr

by Senzung

From this angle, The City "alone" looks quite impressive by European standard.

image hosted on flickr

by cybertect

image hosted on flickr

by I_AM_SAM_[/QUOTE]

In 5 years, this view will be completly chaged!!!! PEACE OUT!!

Last edited by SO143; October 5th, 2011 at 06:33 PM.
SO143 no está en línea  

Closed Thread

Tags
Омск, belgrade, frankfurt, hamburg, istanbul, italia, london, milan, milano, moscow, newcastle, paris, rotterdam, the hague, warsaw