daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old September 27th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #301
darko06
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 772
Likes (Received): 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by nantro litro View Post
Nearly three years have passed since the above request was asked: time to satisfy it (better late than never)
https://www.google.it/maps/@44.91914...7i13312!8i6656
È bello vedere il cartello stradale per Zagabria vicino a Tortona in Piemonte.
__________________

Autobahn-mann liked this post
darko06 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:04 PM   #302
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I honestly don't see the point. I think Trieste would be enough here. Not even near Slovenian border we have signs to Zagreb, only Ljubljana.
There's a new sign for Zagreb on RA14 by Fernetti. At least they've finally removed the "Liubljana" sign.

Last edited by Verso; October 1st, 2017 at 01:26 AM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:41 PM   #303
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by nantro litro View Post
Nearly three years have passed since the above request was asked: time to satisfy it (better late than never)
https://www.google.it/maps/@44.91914...7i13312!8i6656
it probably has something with E70 route. but it is weird indeed. it would not be far from signing Roma at Zagreb bypass
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2017, 11:48 PM   #304
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

^ We don't even signpost Venice.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 01:39 AM   #305
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,241
Likes (Received): 779

Can you drive to Venice?
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #306
8166UY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 731
Likes (Received): 293

Yes, there's a bridge/dam with a road and traintracks to Venice. Directly on arrival there is a terminal train station and a big parking lot for busses and cars. That's it, no roads or tracks further into the city.
__________________

Penn's Woods liked this post
8166UY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #307
italystf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,449
Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8166UY View Post
Yes, there's a bridge/dam with a road and traintracks to Venice. Directly on arrival there is a terminal train station and a big parking lot for busses and cars. That's it, no roads or tracks further into the city.
https://www.google.it/maps/dir/Mestr...d45.437576!3e0

That's the closest to the city centre you can drive to. And parking lots are damn expensive there.
__________________
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Penn's Woods liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 05:21 PM   #308
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,241
Likes (Received): 779

Thanks. That's farther (or closer, depending on your point of view) than I thought.
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #309
nantro litro
co' fave e pecorino
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Urbs Æterna
Posts: 195
Likes (Received): 101

Well, Venice is basically a collection of small muddy islands linked by hundreds of bridges lying in the middle of a shallow lagoon.
The very shallowness of its waters, that makes sailing in the lagoon extremely difficult if you don't know its bathymetry, proved a formidable defensive barrier for the Serenissima all along its history.
Venice, in order to survive and thrive, had to remain an island and the lagoon had to remain a lagoon. If it either turned into sea or silted up that would have meant death for the Serenissima.
But in 1797 the glorious Republic ceased to exist, and after the brief Napoleonic spell it was roughly for fifty years part of the Austrian Empire (until 1866).
Venice had lost its independence! Those bloody bastards from across the Alps were littering its streets and canals! Those were the darkest fifty years in the entire history of the city.
And PRECISELY during that period, around 1850, the railway bridge was built and Venice lost forever one of its main features: its insularity.
The road bridge, that runs alongside the railway bridge, was built much later, in the thirties, during the fascist era. Once you get to Piazzale Roma you are very much into the heart of the city: Rialto is fifteen minutes away on foot, add five-ten minutes and you're in st Mark's square.
__________________
nantro litro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:43 PM   #310
Kpc21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Łódź
Posts: 18,341
Likes (Received): 6753

A good place to leave a car while visiting Venice is Fusina. From there, you take a boat to Venice. Supposedly, a parking ticket there + ticket for the boat is cheaper than a parking ticket in Venice, on this big parking lot. There is also a campsite there, which is OK.

By the way, even though there is no roads and rails in Venice (apart from the end of this bridge), the city has its public transport system - based on boats called Vaporetto. Unfortunately, they are quite costly for tourists (if I remember well - 7,5 euro for a single ride; even Norway and Switzerland have much cheaper public transport tickets), but if it's not a problem then it can be quite useful, as without them, you will definitely walk a few kilometers there and back.
__________________

Autobahn-mann liked this post
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 12:44 AM   #311
haddockman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 76
Likes (Received): 8

I would prefer the walk as an exercise method.
__________________

Kpc21 liked this post
haddockman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #312
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
A good place to leave a car while visiting Venice is Fusina. From there, you take a boat to Venice. Supposedly, a parking ticket there + ticket for the boat is cheaper than a parking ticket in Venice, on this big parking lot. There is also a campsite there, which is OK.

By the way, even though there is no roads and rails in Venice (apart from the end of this bridge), the city has its public transport system - based on boats called Vaporetto. Unfortunately, they are quite costly for tourists (if I remember well - 7,5 euro for a single ride; even Norway and Switzerland have much cheaper public transport tickets), but if it's not a problem then it can be quite useful, as without them, you will definitely walk a few kilometers there and back.
you can allways leave the car at Mestre which has lots of parking lots and to take train for 1,20€ to Venezia. or tram if it still runs accross the bridge.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2017, 08:39 PM   #313
Kpc21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Łódź
Posts: 18,341
Likes (Received): 6753

They have a translohr, not a tram, although they call it a tram.

It is running, of course.

You can also take a train, the price is similar. Just remember that once you buy a train ticket in Mestre, you must validate it in the tunnel under the platforms before boarding the train.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 10:03 AM   #314
OulaL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jämsä
Posts: 636
Likes (Received): 121

https://www.google.fi/maps/@43.79285...7i13312!8i6656
https://www.google.fi/maps/@43.75098...7i13312!8i6656

Signs in Italy and Monaco to each other.
__________________
Countries visited, driven in, (not independent), former:
A B CH CZ D DK E EST F FIN GB (+GBZ) GR H I L LT LV MAL MC N NL PL RUS S SGP SK SLO T TR YU

Last edited by OulaL; September 30th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
OulaL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2017, 11:56 PM   #315
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
They have a translohr, not a tram, although they call it a tram.

It is running, of course.

You can also take a train, the price is similar. Just remember that once you buy a train ticket in Mestre, you must validate it in the tunnel under the platforms before boarding the train.
i was just waiting when somebody will correct me (although i was expecting metrobus, not translohr).

validating tickets in the tunnel? i am almost sure that i validated it at platform.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 01:45 AM   #316
Kpc21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Łódź
Posts: 18,341
Likes (Received): 6753

Hm... I couldn't find any validator on the platform - so I went back to the tunnel and validated the ticket there.

I mean the Mestre station, of course. In other towns, the validators are often at platforms. Or in station buildings.

Putting "metrobus" in Google, it finds bus rapid transit systems, translohr is something different. It's something between bus (either rapid or ordinary, it doesn't matter) and tram. To be more precise, between trolleybus and tram, but let's consider trolleybus a type of bus.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 11:27 AM   #317
Autobahn-mann
Registered User
 
Autobahn-mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Crespadoro (VI)
Posts: 771
Likes (Received): 187

In Mestre station there are validators both in the "tunnel" and also on Platform 1, you can see them when you go to reach the tunnel
__________________
...per un'altra Repubblica!
[...for another Republic!]

________________________

Been in: A, BiH, CH, CZ, D, E, ET, F, GR, H, HR, I, RSM, SLO, UK, V, VEC
Drove in : I, HR, SLO, VEC
Autobahn-mann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2017, 11:21 PM   #318
Kpc21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Łódź
Posts: 18,341
Likes (Received): 6753

But I was departing from another platform
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 05:39 AM   #319
Kanadzie
Registered User
 
Kanadzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,373
Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
Hm... I couldn't find any validator on the platform - so I went back to the tunnel and validated the ticket there.

I mean the Mestre station, of course. In other towns, the validators are often at platforms. Or in station buildings.

Putting "metrobus" in Google, it finds bus rapid transit systems, translohr is something different. It's something between bus (either rapid or ordinary, it doesn't matter) and tram. To be more precise, between trolleybus and tram, but let's consider trolleybus a type of bus.
I had not heard before of "translohr" so I researched
it seems less a kind of transport system as a kind of way to redirect taxpayer dollars to holes where it will never be seen again
__________________
100 coups de fouet, si vous n'êtes pas morts de rire !
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2017, 08:54 AM   #320
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,230
Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
I had not heard before of "translohr" so I researched
it seems less a kind of transport system as a kind of way to redirect taxpayer dollars to holes where it will never be seen again
Needless to say it combines all possible disadvantages of rail and road transport
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO


Kanadzie liked this post
volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium