daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #1
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 768

Fourth Mobile Network License

Egypt may suspend fourth mobile license
The government of Egypt has suspended a fourth mobile-phone license following the ejecting of the former regime, potentially prompting Telecom Egypt to mull over a new bid for the rest of Vodafone Group Plc’s local unit.

According to Communications Minister Magued Osman, there are a lot of changes in Egypt now and we are not sure whether launching a new license at this moment is the right decision from the economic point of view.

According to Telecom Egypt, it wants to offer mobile- phone services and is prepared to acquire an existing operator if it can’t gain a wireless license. Vodafone, the world’s largest mobile-phone company, ended talks last June to sell the business after Telecom Egypt initiated negotiations.

Vodafone has increased 31% in the last 12 months, compared with a 15% gain in the U.K.’s FTSE 100 benchmark index.

According to Amr Badawi, executive president Egypt’s Telecommunications Regulatory Authority previous statement, it’s studying the possibility of offering a fourth mobile-phone license. The study will evaluate the impact of the proposed license on competitiveness in the Egyptian market.

Osman added that the ministry is working with Telecom Egypt and the country’s three mobile-phone operators — Vodafone, Mobinil and Etisalat — and is considering all options.

During the protests, which ended the three-decade rule of President Hosni Mubarak, Egyptian authorities cut Internet access and mobile-phone service and instructed operators to send out text messages on its behalf.

He further added that this was a decision that has negatively reflected on all citizens in Egypt. The ministry is currently revising the law to make clear who is responsible for such a decision and aims to publish its draft within three weeks.
http://wirelessfederation.com/news/7...ile-license-2/

what do you guys think? good or bad? I personally think it's a good thing, I'm not sure how it may be negative other than narrowing the telecommunication market. so it may be hard to have a 5th network in the future.

I want to also see like 2-3 companies completing in the landline network, I mean seriously Telecom Egypt is not even private and they have it exclusive for them if they put the price £10 a sec Egyptians will have to pay, but thanks to mobile networks they wont allow this and will drop the landline price if telecom Egypt ever though about it.

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 25th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #2
Montrealers
بحبك يا مصر

Likes (Received): 6

Bad move... I prefer to have a 5th compagny in Egypt... The more compagny you have, the more concurrence you have.
Montrealers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #3
xAbd0o
(j)r(j)-p꜂(t)

Likes (Received): 768

I'm not saying we wont have a 5th company, I'm saying we already have 3 companies and they're highly completive they have lots of subscribers and looking at the prices they offer but what I'm saying for a new company to get into this they would have to have a great marketing manager they also would need a good funding base and you want to show why you're special.

It's like in your street there is a new guy opened a shop and then b/c he's the only one everyone go to him then the next week another guy opened another shop in your street now people go tot he one that offer things for less but then you think this would be a new business but b/c there are already two shops people would visit you the first time if they didn't like it the first time you can be sure that you wont have anyone visiting for the rest of your life.

- "I put "thobe" as my email password, but Gmail said it wasn't long enough."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her shower naked."
- "#MyWifeIsLuckyBecause I let her wear make up under her niqab."
- "Can't stop thinking about those forearms I saw by accident."
- "Downloading the new "Angry Beards""
xAbd0o no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #4
Montrealers
بحبك يا مصر

Likes (Received): 6

I think we shouldn't think like this. Our economy is in a bad shape, we should accept any compagny wanting to invest. We need these money
Montrealers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #5
Azmat

Likes (Received): 1218

Not sure, a new company would probably be out competed immediately by the bigger companies.

█████████
Azmat no está en línea   Reply With Quote