daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 21st, 2012, 11:04 PM   #41
gio maisuradze

Likes (Received): 50

Pegasus Airlines : Our flight network expands in Georgia and Ukraine.

Our flight network extends to 57 destinations worldwide, with its second destination in Georgia: the seaside town of Batumi; and Lviv, the third destination in Ukraine Pegasus continues to expand its flight network both within Turkey and internationally. Georgia’s Black Sea coastal town of Batumi; and Lviv, our third Ukrainian destination after Kharkiv and Donetsk, will be introduced in October.

FLIGHTS TO HOPA LAUNCH ON 8 OCTOBER FROM BATUMI, OUR SECOND DESTINATION IN GEORGIA.
Followıng Tbilisi, our second destination in Georgia, Batumi, will launch on 8 October, departing every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, with tickets available to purchase now. Flights depart from Sabiha Gokcen at 11:20 and from Batumi at 15:10.
Due to a special agreement between both countries, guests can fly to Batumi or to Hopa via Batumi. Batumi and Hopa passengers will all arrive into Batumi Airport. Hopa passengers will be picked up by Havas buses from the Batumi Airport Apron to clear customs and will be transferred to Hopa on 1 and a half hour private bus journey. For the return, passengers will check in at Hopa before returning to Batumi airport again by bus.
Guests travelling from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen are requested to check in at the international terminal for flights to both Batumi and Hopa.
Flights from Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport to Batumi will start from €49.99, and to Hopa from 49.99 Turkish Lira. Guests who have purchased tickets to Hopa will not be allowed to exit the airport at Batumi.
http://www.flypgs.com/en/about-pegas...d-ukraine.aspx
gio maisuradze no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM   #42
gmaisuradze15
Gio maisuradze

Likes (Received): 58

Qatar airways at Tbilisi airport
gmaisuradze15 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #43
gio maisuradze

TAV Gets Tbilisi Airport Operation Extension for Planned USD 65m InvestmentCivil Georgia, Tbilisi / 27 Aug.'12 / 14:42

A Turkish operator of the Tbilisi International Airport said it would invest USD 65 million in reconstruction of now unused runaway and in exchange get an extension for the airport’s operation till late 2037.

TAV Airports Holding, which owns 76% shares in Tbilisi airport operator TAV Urban Georgia, agreed with the Georgian state-owned United Airports of Georgia to reconstruct the unused runaway, one of the two runaways at the Tbilisi airport.

“The operational rights of TAV Urban Georgia have been extended for 10 years 9 months from February 2027 to November 8, 2037 within the scope of the agreement of Built-Operate-Transfer in exchange for the reconstruction investment,” TAV Airports Holding said in a statement on August 24.

“It has been planned to get the investment on reconstruction of the runway started in September 2012 and complete the project in less than 2 years,” the company said.

Tbilisi International Airport is operated by TAV since October, 2005. In Georgia the company also operates airport in Batumi for 20-year term starting from May, 2007.
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #44
gio maisuradze

The Georgian President, Mikhail Saakashvili, opened the construction of a new runway at Tbilisi International Airport on Tuesday. He declared the airport in Tbilisi has to be the biggest one in the region and everything should be done for this.

An airport manager, TAV-Georgia, Turkey, will invest US $65 million in building the new runway. Exactly on this condition, the Turkish company will be extended the right to manage the airport for another 20-year period.

The President stressed that exactly the runway is the main thing for any airport, whereas its terminal is less important. “But we will have both the new runway and the updated terminal”, he said and stressed that the Tbilisi International Airport should be the leader in the region.

Meanwhile, Saakashvili declared the state would reserve control over theKutaisi Airport, which will be opened on September 27, 2012. “We are going to struggle against high prices on air tickets acting at Tbilisi International Airport, as this is unacceptable that an air ticket to Kiev costs US $600”, he stressed.

The Georgian President stressed the airport in Kutaisi will permanently undercut prices on air tickets. “We’ll get the visa-free regime with the EU soon, and I want the residents of Georgia would fly at affordable prices to Europe. This is my main problem, and wait for the competition”, he noted.

Saakashvili also expressed his satisfaction that TAV-Georgia has been able to attract a number of airlines in Tbilisifor the last year

Old September 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #45
gio maisuradze

After serious critics from the President of GeorgiaTAV Georgia, the company that manages the Tbilisi International Airport, has started an active work towards reducing airfares.

This Company declared to Kommersant that serious discussions and consultations are conducted on reducing tariffs. There has been no an answer so far on the question, due to what will these tariffs be reduced and by how much?

Several days ago, having visited the airport, the President of Georgia Mikhail Saakashvili declared that airfares at Tbilisi International Airport “are very high”. According to him, this is inadmissible than an air ticket to Kiev would cost US $600.

TAV Georgiaintends taking these notes into consideration but nobody knows when and in what capacities the reduction of airfares will be started. As opposed to this, they know for sure when the construction of the new runway will be completed – in 22 months. Afterwards, it will be appropriated a code and the Airport will be able to accept aircraft of all types.

Reference info: only several airports in the world have coded runways. The first such runway in the Southern Caucasus will be in Tbilisi. One supposes investing US $65 million into the construction.

Starting from September 24, 2012, the Armenia’s National Air Company, Armavia, resumes its regular flights to Tbilisi, Georgia, RIA Novosti reports with reference to the Air Company’s Press Service.

The flights #U8 021/022 on the Yerevan – Tbilisi – Yerevanair route will be operated twice a week, on Mondays and Fridays, by YAK-42 air vessels equipped with 27 VIP-class passenger seats.

The last flight from Yerevan to Tbilisi was operated on January 13, 2012.

On March 14, 2009, the Armavia Airline operated its first regular flight, Yerevan – Tbilisi – Yerevan, due to which air passengers got an opportunity to safe their time, as the flight duration from Yerevan to Tbilisi approximately comes to 40 minutes.

In general, the residents of Georgiawere flying to Russiathrough Yerevan because the direct air communication between Georgiaand Russiawas stopped in 2006 after aggravating relations between the two countries. Later, it had been restored for a short period and ceased once again because of breaking diplomatic relations after the military conflict in August 2008.

Airzena - Georgian Airways, a private Georgian airline, was the first one that operated its direct charter flights between the countries. Airzena operated its first charter flights, Tbilisi – Moscow– Tbilisi, due to the permission from the Russia’s Ministry of Transport and they were operated because of the Orthodox holidays of Christmas and Easter in 2010.

Armavia was established in 1996 and it is in compliance with the IATA’s international requirements. At present, Armavia operates over 100 flights per week to over 40 destinations in 20 countries of the world
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #46
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

I have been told it was a busy airport in the Soviet era. Any truth in that?
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #47
gio maisuradze

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I have been told it was a busy airport in the Soviet era. Any truth in that?
yes it has been because of the strong relations with countries in Soviet Union. there were lots of traveler from Russia at that time
Old September 12th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #48
gio maisuradze

Tbilisi airport

justproject liked this post
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #49
gio maisuradze

Tbilisi airport

Old December 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM   #50
gio maisuradze

From 3rd of January FlyGeorgia Airline starts operating to Dubai. Flights will be operated three times a week: on Tuesdays, on Thursdays and on Sundays.
Join marvelous Dubai Shopping Festival 2013 and fly for the lowest prices! The price of One Way Ticket - 432Gel, Round Trip - 714Gel.
(Special discount for groups)
FlyGeorgia-the world awaits you!

http://www.facebook.com/FlyGeorgia?ref=ts&fref=ts
Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:49 PM   #51
gio maisuradze

Qatar Airways at Tbilisi Airport. Amazing shot!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UH8T...ature=youtu.be

thanks to Nika Natsvlishvili
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #52
gio maisuradze

Two A319 aircraft of FlyGeorgia at Tbilisi

British Airways an Tbilisi Airport

Old January 4th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #53
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

The airport in Tbilisi is nice enough, but the routes from Western Europe are still fairly limited and in addition they tend to land at very inconvenient times. I flew this summer with AirBaltic from Riga arriving at 4 in the morning... Tourism in Georgia is on the upswing anyway, but it would be even more so if it was easier (and cheaper) to get there.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #54
gio maisuradze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
The airport in Tbilisi is nice enough, but the routes from Western Europe are still fairly limited and in addition they tend to land at very inconvenient times. I flew this summer with AirBaltic from Riga arriving at 4 in the morning... Tourism in Georgia is on the upswing anyway, but it would be even more so if it was easier (and cheaper) to get there.
well, actually you are right, but i dont think the Europian routes are limitted. we have daily flights to London and Munich and other frequencies in other cities too. FlyGeorgia will have started serving another 6 new routes to Europe from Tbilisi by spring 2013. And another carrier Airzena also declared it would add destinations too. I think Turkish Airlines will grow its frequencies to Tbilisi up to 3 daily.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #55
SIMSI

Likes (Received): 1426

Timing of arrivals and departures to the Tbilisi airport unfortuantely are quite inconvience. The airport is the busiest around 4am. I was there twice and experienced it (LOT, Air Baltic). Anyway I was lucky to have good friends in Tbilisi so transfers weren't too bad for me.
SIMSI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #56
gio maisuradze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMSI View Post
Timing of arrivals and departures to the Tbilisi airport unfortuantely are quite inconvience. The airport is the busiest around 4am. I was there twice and experienced it (LOT, Air Baltic). Anyway I was lucky to have good friends in Tbilisi so transfers weren't too bad for me.
yeah, youre right. the traffic is around 4 am. but with FGA we can see day traffic too. well not so big but..

here is Qatar airways with daily flights taking off from Tbilisi. My friend took it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UH8TwWSVM8

FGA is planing to start Berlin, Kiev, Minsk, Dusseldorf services.
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #57
Homem
Walking man

Likes (Received): 111

I arrived in Yerevan in such terrible schedule: end of the night, no other option than taxi (but it's so cheap that it's not a problem at all).
BTW, how is going the new Kutaisi airport (traffic, destinations etc), is it making any serious competition to Tbilisi airport ?

Marcher debout

"Ali Topu Agop'a at", Hrant Dink.

Rire ensemble de nos différences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjwFcSRzO48
Homem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #58
kgl

Likes (Received): 143

I like the terminal. I worked for Air Zena this summer (Ramp Agent) at Paris, both on CRJ and B737.
kgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #59
gio maisuradze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homem View Post
I arrived in Yerevan in such terrible schedule: end of the night, no other option than taxi (but it's so cheap that it's not a problem at all).
BTW, how is going the new Kutaisi airport (traffic, destinations etc), is it making any serious competition to Tbilisi airport ?
well, right now Kutaisi isnt a rival to Tbilisi. Belavia, Ural Airlines, S7, Wizz air do fly from and to Kutaisi airport. i think its good that already 4 airlines opreate from Kutaisi. but now i dont know what will the airport management do, as the new government wants to get the parliament back to Tbilisi. So Kutaisi may loss its function as the town of the parliament. but although this, we may see traffic there too. as Wizz air plans to carry out daily flights and im sure Belavia, S7 and Ural will also grow their frequencies.

well i dont know about yerevan but i dont think they have a perspective of development. i mean their national carrier isnt in a good condition. and thought this, yerevan as an aviation hub has several rivals, such: Tbilisi, baku, Istanbul.

by the way, FlyGoergia some hours ago got its third aircraft A320.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #60
gio maisuradze

FlyGeorgia A320

Tags
airports, caucasus, tbilisi