daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Jumeirah Village

Jumeirah Village Jumeirah Village North & South make up this mixed-use development by Nakheel and Limitless

Old July 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #881
Mina786

Likes (Received): 0

Helpful Answers and Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-Do you have any sold information about winning cases against Nakheel in the court?

Mina: I am not sure what you mean by sold information, as the parties are required to keep things confidential, it is hard to get this info. However, [xxxxx] is an arbitrator and I know two arbitration lawyers who have advised me, that depending on the facts, it is highly probable that I will win my case.

2-do you have any information about investors that were able to negotiate with Nakheel and obtained good compensations ?

Nakheel have a habit of ignoring people until things get serious, in most cases they will only negotiate with those who have instructed lawyers or who have started a claim. The issue is that we all have an arbitration clause in our SPA, this means we have to file and pay the arbitration fees ourselves. The DIAC rules do not specify that fees will be awarded, so you have to ask for this and potentially this could be your loss (your own fees - this depends on the value of your claim). You shouldn't have to pay Nakheel's legal expenses so there isn't a real huge loss if you try to file a case apart from the registration fees (Nakheel will not pay the 50% they have to pay so you will have to stump up the whole amount - you should get it back when you win the case). The issue is you might find it difficult to find an arbitrator, but you can do a "paper case" if Nakheel agree to it so a full on hearing is not necessary (Nakheel know this and will try to scare you and will insist on a hearing - it makes them look bad not you and will add to their own costs. My case is quite black and white, I don't think I need a hearing - lets see. I am willing to pay and lose the registration fee just for Nakheel to take me seriously and start negotiating with me. You see, they know when to start taking you seriously and they have to mitigate their losses, you don't persue them, they won't and are not obliged to take you seriously. In most cases, when people know they will be getting their property, or are given a date they back down and forget everything they are entitled to or might have lost. How many times have you all received revised dates - was the villa ever delivered???You can take your property and at the same time claim your losses, aint nothing wrong with that!

3-Do you have any estimates about the costs of filing a case against nakheel ?

This depends on your circumstances. Take a look at the schedule of fees on the DIAC website. If, and when you win an award, you will have to enforce it. It is not really a good idea (except in certain circumstances) to collectively make a claim because we all might have different circumstances - plus Nakheel will argue this to get the case thrown out - this doesnt stop us from all discussing together and assisting eachother. In most cases poeple have been selfish and just do it themselves without discussing or publicly helping others. In addition complications arise if people pull out if you go in together, however, it is a good idea to all start a case individually to show that you mean business. It is just time consuming and people tend to get anxious when faced with Nakheel's lawyers making it difficult for you. Key is, hold your ground, if you do not instruct a lawyer surround yourself with supportive people (or other JVT owners).

4-Did you consult a law firm about this case ?

Yes.

[xxxx]

It is extremely selfish of people to leave others in the dark, at the end of the day it is very hard to claim that one is in breach of confidentiality if they orally tell you what happened, however, they will only speak to people they trust and know. At the same time, frankly, if you didn't support the case with them there has to be a cut off point in terms of what they tell you. At the end of the day they spent money and took a lot of time to get what they thought was reasonable, so it is understandable. There is however, a dispute and risk of taking class actions and DIAC could refuse to take the collective claim unless the circumstances of each case are the same - plus they want to make money why would they hear 10 cases for one fee. I most certainly have lots of paperwork, imagine 10 batches of it : )

Hope it helps, happy to answer more questions and be as helpful as I can be.
Mina786 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #882
Pleth

Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina786 View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1-Do you have any sold information about winning cases against Nakheel in the court?

Mina: I am not sure what you mean by sold information, as the parties are required to keep things confidential, it is hard to get this info.
What does this mean? If you win a case, you cannot tell your fellow investors about it??

Thanks Mina for your informative post.
Old August 1st, 2011, 09:40 AM   #883
Mamusab

Hi Mina
Please can you give me your contact no.

I am in similar situation and just do not know what to do !

Regards,
M
Mamusab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #884
hamed_r_i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina786 View Post

Mina: I am not sure what you mean by sold information, as the parties are required to keep things confidential, it is hard to get this info. However, [xxxxx] is an arbitrator and I know two arbitration lawyers who have advised me, that depending on the facts, it is highly probable that I will win my case.

2-do you have any information about investors that were able to negotiate with Nakheel and obtained good compensations ?

Nakheel have a habit of ignoring people until things get serious, in most cases they will only negotiate with those who have instructed lawyers or who have started a claim. The issue is that we all have an arbitration clause in our SPA, this means we have to file and pay the arbitration fees ourselves. The DIAC rules do not specify that fees will be awarded, so you have to ask for this and potentially this could be your loss (your own fees - this depends on the value of your claim). You shouldn't have to pay Nakheel's legal expenses so there isn't a real huge loss if you try to file a case apart from the registration fees (Nakheel will not pay the 50% they have to pay so you will have to stump up the whole amount - you should get it back when you win the case). The issue is you might find it difficult to find an arbitrator, but you can do a "paper case" if Nakheel agree to it so a full on hearing is not necessary (Nakheel know this and will try to scare you and will insist on a hearing - it makes them look bad not you and will add to their own costs. My case is quite black and white, I don't think I need a hearing - lets see. I am willing to pay and lose the registration fee just for Nakheel to take me seriously and start negotiating with me. You see, they know when to start taking you seriously and they have to mitigate their losses, you don't persue them, they won't and are not obliged to take you seriously. In most cases, when people know they will be getting their property, or are given a date they back down and forget everything they are entitled to or might have lost. How many times have you all received revised dates - was the villa ever delivered???You can take your property and at the same time claim your losses, aint nothing wrong with that!

3-Do you have any estimates about the costs of filing a case against nakheel ?

This depends on your circumstances. Take a look at the schedule of fees on the DIAC website. If, and when you win an award, you will have to enforce it. It is not really a good idea (except in certain circumstances) to collectively make a claim because we all might have different circumstances - plus Nakheel will argue this to get the case thrown out - this doesnt stop us from all discussing together and assisting eachother. In most cases poeple have been selfish and just do it themselves without discussing or publicly helping others. In addition complications arise if people pull out if you go in together, however, it is a good idea to all start a case individually to show that you mean business. It is just time consuming and people tend to get anxious when faced with Nakheel's lawyers making it difficult for you. Key is, hold your ground, if you do not instruct a lawyer surround yourself with supportive people (or other JVT owners).

4-Did you consult a law firm about this case ?

Yes.

[xxxx]

It is extremely selfish of people to leave others in the dark, at the end of the day it is very hard to claim that one is in breach of confidentiality if they orally tell you what happened, however, they will only speak to people they trust and know. At the same time, frankly, if you didn't support the case with them there has to be a cut off point in terms of what they tell you. At the end of the day they spent money and took a lot of time to get what they thought was reasonable, so it is understandable. There is however, a dispute and risk of taking class actions and DIAC could refuse to take the collective claim unless the circumstances of each case are the same - plus they want to make money why would they hear 10 cases for one fee. I most certainly have lots of paperwork, imagine 10 batches of it : )

Hope it helps, happy to answer more questions and be as helpful as I can be.
Hi mina,

Can I also have your contact details. I have a townhouse in district 8T with a home loan from NBD, I've been paying installments for a year know for a property not handed over but I cant continue any more.

i would realy apreciate any help from your experience.

thanks
Hamed
hamed_r_i no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM   #885
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2746

Arabtec gets $76m nod for delayed Nakheel project

Quote:
By Ed Attwood | Wednesday, 17 August 2011 3:13 PM

Contractor Arabtec has picked up a $76m contract to work on 523 townhouses and villas in Dubai for Nakheel’s delayed Jumeirah Village Circle development.

The firm will finish off 346 partially-built houses and build 177 new units, it said in a statement to the Dubai bourse on Wednesday. Work on the project is scheduled to be completed by the end of the first half of 2013.

Work on Jumeirah Village Circle stalled during the Dubai real estate correction, as developer Nakheel sought to restructure around $10.8bn in debt.

But the project was one of seven on Nakheel’s priority list for the resumption of construction once the period of debt restructuring had been completed. The firm invited bids from contractors to finish the work in February this year.

When completed, Jumeirah Village – Nakheel’s largest inland project - will have over 6,000 villas and townhouses, surrounded by residential towers.

Earlier this month, Arabtec posted a 74 percent drop in net profits to $7.9m in the second quarter. The construction major also saw revenue drop by 5.1 percent to $331m.

It has a backlog worth $4.08bn in all of its markets, and has been focusing on diversifying away from Dubai to focus on countries such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Egypt.

Arabtec, the UAE’s biggest builder by market value, is one of Nakheel’s largest trade creditors.

The developer behind the man-made islands off Dubai’s coast admitted earlier this month that it had again delayed its planned Islamic bond due to administrative problems.

Nakheel had been expected to issue the $1.63bn sukuk – a 60 percent part payment to its trade creditors, with the remaining debt payable in cash – by the end of June.

The bond is already being offered at a 20 percent discount in the secondary market by some trade creditors.

Nakheel was one of the biggest casualties of Dubai’s real estate collapse, which saw prices halve from their 2008-peak and almost half of developments in the emirate cancelled.

The developer’s inability to meet its debt obligations in the wake of a property collapse and the global credit crunch, helped trigger Dubai's debt crisis in 2009.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/arabt...ct-416095.html
Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:22 PM   #886
ravgul

HI there, considering buying a 2 bed villa at JV Triangle. Would anyone have any tips? Residents - how is it like living in there? Improvements over the past few months?
ravgul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #887
spiderwoman

Does anyone have a Townhouse in District 9 anywhere next to Townhouse Number 12- Jumeirah Village Triangle - I would just like to know the construction status - to what extent are the properties here completed? I would be most grateful for any feedback from someone who has driven by recently. Many thanks.
spiderwoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2012, 03:04 AM   #888
Tanya 21

Hi
I just wanted to know if anyone was still following up on cases regarding jumeirah village and whether there was a positive outcome
Tanya 21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #889
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Jumeirah Village water supply cut over unpaid bills

Quote:
Ramola Talwar Badam | Apr 18, 2012

Residents were told about the outstanding bill when they called both Dewa and Nakheel. Antonie Robertson / The National

DUBAI // Water was restored to Jumeirah Village yesterday after being cut off for more than 20 hours.
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...r-unpaid-bills
Old April 28th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #890
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 23

Tibi Kimi, Dungeon liked this post
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #891
A.U.S. arch. Student

Likes (Received): 33

wow, at least the grid is mapped out, this one is in for the long run. Bring back the 'old days.'
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #892
camelrider

@Chakazoolu

Nice photo, u have one of JVT? or where did u get this file from please?

appreciate an aerial photo of JVT

tks
camelrider no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #893
metlofts123
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dubai_investors/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dubai_investors/
metlofts123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #894
Chakazoolu

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelrider View Post
@Chakazoolu

Nice photo, u have one of JVT? or where did u get this file from please?

appreciate an aerial photo of JVT

tks

Unfortuntately the plane flew directly over JVT so I couldn't get a shot of it.
Chakazoolu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #895
Mamusab

Photo

@chakazoolu, pls can you repost the photo.... i do not seem to have got it !
Old June 5th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #896
Mamusab

Latest Update FRom Nakheel

This is teh lastest update I received from Nakheel regarding the status of my Villa in Dist. 16 JVC

"The project team has stated that the anticipated completion date is in April, 2013."

Old June 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #897
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Indian developer launches two Dubai projects

Quote:
By Andy Sambidge | Saturday, 16 June 2012 10:19 AM

Pacific Ventures' Edmondton Elm development in Dubai.

India-based developer Pacific Ventures has announced the launch of two new real estate projects in Jumeirah Village in Dubai.

The launch of Pacific Residencia and Pacific Edmonton Elm is a sign that Dubai's property market is on the path to recovery, the company said in a statement.
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/india...ts-462276.html
Old June 26th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #898
MalcomX

Apparently these two are part of the Tanmia initiative...does anyone know what the original projects' name were?

http://www.emirates247.com/property/...06-26-1.464576
MalcomX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #899
VCollaborator

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Work is expected to start soon on landscaping in Jumeirah Village
http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...eirah-in-dubai
VCollaborator no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #900
The-King

Likes (Received): 73

I updated the Jumeirah Village Triangle in wikimapia:
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=25.0492278...9&z=15&l=0&m=b
Zoom in for more....

However I was unable to locate many of the towers there, maybe somebody can add those places?

The-King no está en línea   Reply With Quote