daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2014, 06:07 PM   #941
Steve Gatlin

Likes (Received): 20

Erich Honecker must be scratching on his coffin lid as this magnificent building is restored to the Berlin cityscape. Seeing the partly rebuilt structure in these pictures makes one realize how much that space needed an architectural exclamation point. Bravo Berlin! I am eager to see the dome rise--is that to begin soon?

The Eagle liked this post
Steve Gatlin no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:08 PM   #942
cilindr0

Likes (Received): 725

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Germany is in a castle reconstruction boom. Also interesting for what the castels will be used for, to make financially sense! But see yourself:

Hannover town, Welfen schloss, Build by VW foundation as congress centre

Zwickau town, Castle rebuild private as nursing home.

Braunschweig town, Stadtschloss as museum. Payed private as a thank you by investor. He was aloud to put a shopping mall on the former grounds.

Pirna town, derelict schloss rebuild as offices for private and government offices,

Frankfurt town, Thurn and Taxis Palais. Investor rebuild it for office space. Mostly Law Firms

Bad Muskau, village. Reconstruction by donation and government as museum and conference center. Very impressive outcome.

Dresden town, residence schloss. Museum, funded by government. Payed by visitor. The only interior reconstruction.

Zerbst town. Schloss Zerbst. Slow private reconstruction from the birthplace of later become Russian Zarr Katarina the Great as museum, maybe office in part.

Potsdam town. Stadtschloss rebuild by private and government as new parliament building for the state/province of Brandenburg (arround Berlin)

Berlin, Stadtschloss, reconstruction as museum. conference and event space, also as large library, entrance to the metro as well as restaurateur workshops for neighboring museum island. Museum island is a collection of different museums. Put together, it would be bigger than the Louvre in Paris. That one is the biggest museum in the world.

That sounds super interesting, it is possible to see pictures from those reconstructions here?
Old December 27th, 2014, 09:41 PM   #943
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Likes (Received): 34650

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisrevid View Post

Bilder von mir
©SSC-User noisrevid

soweit nicht anders angegeben außerhalb von den Skybars.

Berlin Projects
Ludi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 01:33 AM   #944
turtlebay

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludi View Post
©SSC-User noisrevid
Ludi's second picture really shows how much this will heal the heart of Berlin. Fantastic!
turtlebay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #945
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

from Kollhoff-Tower

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisrevid View Post
Fast 12 Monate liegen zwischen diesen beiden Bildern

Bilder von mir
pics, © SSC-User noisrevid

Berlin Projects

cilindr0, Mr.Blian97, mb92, KlausDiggy, Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 31st, 2014, 05:30 PM   #946
Joe Whalen 7

Likes (Received): 128

Road Upgrade

With all of this reconstruction on the Stadtschloss / Humbolt Forum, one would think that the Berlin city government would use the opportunity to take out that bend in the street on the west side of the building site. It would certainly seem to facilitate traffic flow if they did so. (I believe that's Warderstrasse.)
Joe Whalen 7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2015, 10:15 PM   #947
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

In the spring, we start with the facade

The Humboldt Forum is one of the largest and most expensive new cultur-project in Germany since reunification. Castle - builder Manfred Rettig talking about the progress of work , donations and problems.

The prestige project for which the Bundestag has set a cost ceiling of 590 million euros , Rettig will finish with absolutely no time delays and budget overruns . Necessary for establishing the historic facade and Schlüterhof 80 million euros must fund the Foundation through donations .

The last decorative elements are likely to occur in 2019 levied by mobile crane into the facade. When the flow of donations continues to run as this year , and I assume fixed , is more than sufficient for the facade . Until the second half of 2019 , we would then be around 105 million euros , so that we would have even paid all the options.

http://www.morgenpost.de/berlin/arti...r-Fassade.html

Berlin Projects

mb92, Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 7th, 2015, 06:00 PM   #948
Muller

Photo von heute aus Fernsehturm

Tiaren, erbse, White Light, Ludi, Kleist D and 3 others liked this post
Muller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #949
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

Short but interesting video report about the reconstruction of the baroque facades:
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleto...-13358093.html

Unfortunately only in German. (Italians will understand, what Franco Stella is saying though. )
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 03:55 PM   #950
solomun
BANNED

Likes (Received): 552

what's the total investment in this project ?
solomun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM   #951
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomun View Post
what's the total investment in this project ?
About 590 million €. If every portal and the dome are reconstructed, it will be over 600 million.
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2015, 07:03 PM   #952
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2618

I will never understand why they decided to attach that modernist appendix (as erbse called it) to its butt. It looks like the facade of a jobcenter.
Old January 9th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #953
Joe Whalen 7

Likes (Received): 128

Strange Combinations of Architecture

Personally, I don't think that this grafting of modernistic and traditional architectural forms works very well. I live in Little Rock in the U.S. The city is the capitol of the state of Arkansas. We have the state supreme court housed in a modernistic circular building that was built in the 1960s with a major addition in classic revival style that doubled its size about the year 2000. The local joke is that it looks like "Star ship Enterprise docked at Versailles."

Chadoh25 liked this post
Joe Whalen 7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2015, 01:30 AM   #954
skydog70

Likes (Received): 0

It is cost prohibitive to replace what was lost from former eras.. What was built in the 18th Century, then lost in 1945, will usually result in a building, (or highway, or car park), dated from 1945, tailored to current needs. We are living in a a time completely different from when the original building was constructed. That is not to say I prefer this period. Indeed, that is a big reason why cities like Kyoto are considered such treasures, because they were around before the modern age, and still on a human scale. Not everyone drives cars, (or wants to). To my knowledge it is by far the Germans who in earnest set off to restore cities to their former glory. It is expensive, but finally some feel it is worth it. I hope they remain the leaders in it, to at least perhaps show the rest of the world how possible it is to replace what was lost.

Last edited by skydog70; January 10th, 2015 at 01:39 AM.
skydog70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2015, 09:06 AM   #955
delores

Likes (Received): 467

I wish other cities like London would take this view.
delores no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #956
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

my own pics, ©Ludi

Berlin Projects

Nando_ros, mb92, erbse, Catadau, Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 14th, 2015, 03:40 PM   #957
Jasper90
Unità

Likes (Received): 12105

I've always loved those Berlinese elevated pipes

Please visit my thread, and feel free to ask any question :) don't forget to subscribe!
Jasper90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2015, 06:05 PM   #958
Steve Gatlin

Thanks once again to Ludi for more great photos of the Schloss reconstruction. Will the adjacent Ubahn be finished around the same time as the palace? I dare not ask if the airport will be done by then too. I'm afraid it would curse that snake bitten project even more!
Steve Gatlin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 04:08 PM   #959
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

topping June 12, 2015

Everything is going according to plan, thanks to the " lord of the castle " . Manfred Rettig is an architect with a lot of practical construction experience, his official title is Chairman of the castle and the Humboldt Forum Foundation . This man has managed the entire Bonn- Berlin Moving, planned all buildings , all plans are implemented . He knows the pitfalls and is optimistic about the Berlin Palace :
"My goal in 2015 is that we are building the glass from outside so that we can work properly inside 2016 . 2015, we will begin with the historical facade. "

The topping out ceremony to celebrate the festival on June 12, 2015 in Berlin . On this date, the federal government, the Foundation of Prussian Cultural Heritage and still want to let it fly reels for the Baroque facade , it still lacks more than 70 million total . Also in: Rettig shear optimism :
"With construction progress is increase in donations is set - we have taken , for example, in 2014 over 15 million euros . " (...)

Berlin Projects

Zaz965 liked this post
Old January 19th, 2015, 05:22 PM   #960
Roaming Girl

Likes (Received): 78

I am a new user. I didn't read the whole topic thread, and I'm sorry, beforehand, if this is a gaffe.

Two years ago I visited Berlin, and I went to the Dahlem museums, which are located far from the city center.

I noticed they said the exhibition will be moved to the Humboltdforum.

This building appears to be too small to house all the exhibitions I saw there on their current location.

What gives?

Will a full ethnographic museum open on the new location?

Will it have just some highlight pieces that draw most crowds while the rest stays in their current location?

The Dahlem campus shows it isn't exactly new, but most of the rooms I visited look neat, and the expansive open-plan rooms make a good fit for the big items like Polynesian houses or boats.

Will they have all that space on the Humboltdforum?
Roaming Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
baroque fassade, berlin, construction field, heart of the city, humboldt lab dahlem, lustgarten, museum island, prussia, reconstruction, stadtschloss, stella