SkyscraperCity Forum banner

PROJECT | Bryggens Bastion (Entasis, Polyform, Arkitema & Tredje Natur) l 99m | 31 fl | 86m | 24 fl | U/C

177K views 457 replies 75 participants last post by  Peter999 
#1 · (Edited)
Bryggens Bastion

·The project is surrounded by Njalsgade, Ørestad Boulevard and Amagerfælledvej, opposite Copenhagen University - South Campus.
·Bach Group has worked with the project for several years and acquired in January 2016 a local plan, which allows for the construction of 125,000 sqm, of which up to 75% housing.
·The project will consist of eight blocks and two slender towers, respectively. 23 and 30 floors (86 and 99 meters).
·Each block designed with varying heights from 3-4 storeys towards the area's green park strokes to 8 storeys high against Njalsgade and north.
·The homes will be built with different typologies of terraced houses or town houses to apartments and penthousesLocation Njalsgade, Artillerivej and Amager Fælledvej.

Constructionstart February 2017.
Price 1,5 billion Dkr.
Owner and Bach Gruppen A/S and Heimstaden.
Architects Arkitema Architects, Tredje Natur, Polyform and Entasis.

With help from Moveteam and B.I.G. ;-), renderings of this fantastic project, and pictures from Hafnia.

The updated and completely different project 2017.

The area is more or less empty and as you can see there's good way to go before reaching goal. Except of some old ruins, and a day care as I saw today was moving out (it's not the one on the picture), the location is ready for some serious construction, and hopefully there is a fair chance for a realization.

The first finished stage of KUA, and the orange Bikuben student residence building in background.

The ongoing renovation and extension, the second stage of KUA.

Another giant project in the background, the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, waiting for its transformation.

See less See more
#2 ·
^^ WOW, just wow! This project is breathtaking. Creating mountains in Copenhagen, that is otherwise flat as a pancake, have the potential to become a great addition to the CPH skyline!

That being said, how would it be to actually live there? Will the appartments be as "awkward" as 8-tallet? Funky appartments where the layouts are constrained so that the overall form is the shape of a mountain, rather than creating a functional home?

The night renders looks absolutely beautiful, with all the light streaming out of the huge panorama windows, that apparently goes from floor to ceiling. But how about privacy? Will people feel like they are put on display, with nowhere to hide, than behind thick curtains - which defeats the purpose of the big windows?

It will be interesting to see more details and floorplans!

#4 ·
Great initiative Hafnia! Kind of weird this project didn't get its own thread years back..

The project itself is very ambitious (and gorgeous), if Radisson Blu Scandinavia ever gets its facelift, the Barcode in Oslo should be a little afraid.

And beautiful renderings from BIG - they have really improved over the years.

#6 ·
I'd rather have some odd angles and hard-to-use niches than the bog-standard minimum-size livingroom+minimum size bedroom+minimum size bathroom that has been built the last 50 years. Of course, it shouldn't be unlivable, but to me the 8-tallet apartments look fine if you're a little flexible/creative. ATM I live in an irregular 6-sided apartment, and it hasn't posed a problem so far. Go crazy apartments! Hopefully this might spur Malmö to finish Kronprinsessan before this gets done. :)

#8 · (Edited)
Here's a picture from the VM houses in Örestad, created by Bjarke Ingels and another guy (;)), from the PLOT days! It illustrates my reservations about the panorama windows of The Battery very well.

The picture show a facinating play with light. The whole appartment in one open plan. Nothing can be hidden in this see through appartment. Your neighbors will eventually learn what kind of underwear you prefer - if any!?! Creating a habitat like this, in a densly populated area is just pure evil. But all types of people flock to the cities these days. Maybe this kind of appartment hits a sweet spot with the exhibishonists?

The above picture is from an advert. The appartment is currently on the market for a cheap price. But be aware the co-op is not doing so welll. Tough times...

http://www.lokalbolig.dk/k%F8b/ejerbolig.htm#MV0145-21

EDIT: Notice the floor plan in the advert! No doors - it's all a single room. If you need alone-time, you can close the door to the bathroom - the last bastion of privacy!!

#10 · (Edited)
I love simple solutions - but hidding those big beautiful panorama windows behind heavy drapery during day time, kind of defeats the purpose...

And another thing - placing furniture up against those panoramas looks very "uncool" from both sides of the window. But that's just one wall less to decorate, I guess... :)

#15 ·
^^
Hehe, at this point I am just glad the project isn't dead. And to be honest, Kronprinsessan would be an amazing project no matter where it would be built. It is just that the Battery is even more amazing-- much due to its large scale. Probably one of the better projects in Europe at the moment.

#19 ·
I'm not quite sure what this means, but there was a little activity at the Battery site this morning with an excavator and a bulldozer. It looked as though they where ripping up part of the parking lot at the mid-eastern end.

And on the opposite side of the road KUA stage 2 nearing completion of the exterior part

#22 ·
I'm not quite sure what this means, but there was a little activity at the Battery site this morning with an excavator and a bulldozer. It looked as though they where ripping up part of the parking lot at the mid-eastern end.
Thanks JayniX :) for the pictures and the good news, actually very good news what ever that means..
I guess there're no reason to demolish, if it hasn't a specific purpose.

(I returned from summer holiday in Nordjylland, so I'm a bit late with this post)

#30 ·
Today I read in my newspaper that the developer and owner of the Aarhus light house project was given an ultimatum by the Aarhus municipality to start the development after he took over from the bankrupcy Landis. It was a simple demand from the cityhall.

Something similar should take place when talking 'The Battery' site. It's a disgrace and ridicolous that such a huge centred location with a lot of neighbors around, can rest like a earth quake hitten look-a-like as nothing is wrong.
The owners Bach Gruppen should be forced to at least clean up this eye sore immediately, and plant green area or something.

Photo taken from the inside today.

#34 ·
^^
I actually thought it was the other way round: That theCity changed the conditions in a way that meant that the mosque doesn't have to be part of the first phase as was previously required (ince there are no money for the mosque).

I just don't hope that the site ends up being build over with bland, modular low-cost housing...