daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #1
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Most youtubed Motorway ?

What is the most filmed motorway ? My guess is some of the motorways of Moscow or the Moscow Périphérique. I watch youtube a lot and the majority of roadgeek-clips come from Russia, maybe because drivers carry a camcorder in case of an accident, so they can prove who is guility in court.

Also question to the roadgeeks (myself included)

do you do roadtrips whith the sole purpose of the recording, or do you only record driving to work or during other purposes ?
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Also question to the roadgeeks (myself included)

do you do roadtrips whith the sole purpose of the recording, or do you only record driving to work or during other purposes ?
No, I don't do roadtrips with the sole purpose of recording, but I did take some detours just to record a specific road. For example, I wanted to drive on A23 near Vienna, so instead of taking the obvious route between A4 and A1 via S1, I went through this urban motorway. map + video:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #3
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller

Likes (Received): 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
No, I don't do roadtrips with the sole purpose of recording, but I did take some detours just to record a specific road. For example, I wanted to drive on A23 near Vienna, so instead of taking the obvious route between A4 and A1 ,
Great speed on that video. I film without HD because it takes less time to render and I don't think the difference is too obvious.

One thing I would prefer is more varied roadgeeking. It's interesting to watch the roads and motorways but I also would like to see the traffic filmed outside of the car from the roadside and roadside restareas, petrolstations.

Also add some information about the calculated amount of vehicles a day on the perticular road, when it was opened and so on, it makes the clips even more worth watching.

I also prefer listening to the actual car radio or conversations instead of added music.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4
RKC

Likes (Received): 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post

I also prefer listening to the actual car radio or conversations instead of added music.
yeah, but if you make a longer vid and you have to speed it up, then it just sounds silly if you have the radio on. talking is funny though
RKC no está en línea   Reply With Quote