daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #41
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Likes (Received): 3074

Aster Medcity Masterplan Launched

Aster MEDCITY

Masterplan Launched

* Build across 1 km waterfront on 38 acres at Cheranallur, Kochi

* 10 minutes drive from MG Road and Marine Drive

* 3.2 Million sq. ft. built up area in Phase I & II

* 540 beds in Phase I, 500 beds in Phase II

* 500 seat Medical Convention Centre

* 4-star Hotel & Serviced Apartments

* Staff accommodation for Medical & Para Medical staff

* High class residential development

* Expected Township population of around 10,000

Some Pics

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 24th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #42
KMC

Likes (Received): 871

Kochi Medcity
website is launched...
http://www.astermedcity.com/

•Build across 1 km waterfront on 38 acres at Cheranallur, Kochi
•10 minutes drive from MG Road and Marine Drive
•3.2 Million sq. ft. built up area in Phase I & II
•540 beds in Phase I, 500 beds in Phase II
•500 seat Medical Convention Centre
•4-star Hotel & Serviced Apartments
•Staff accommodation for Medical & Para Medical staff
•High class residential development
•Expected Township population of around 10,000
•Excellent connectivity from city and outside through VCT road.
•Kochi is well connected by air, rail and sea to the world

KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #43
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Likes (Received): 2415

I am really, honestly, confused. How many medi cities are there? and where are each of them located?

We sure have a flock mentality. We had the flood of IT Projects, then Malls. Now the fad seems to be Medi Cities. It shows that we are 100% market driven capitalist economy. Lots of projects tried and a few succeeds.

Good! I would say even ONE of the medi cities becoming reality is fantastic. The rest can slowly follow, just like the malls are doing.
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #44
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Likes (Received): 2633

AFAIK,

Aster Medi City @ Cheranallur
COCHI Medi-City @ unknown place
BMH Health City @ Kakkanad
Rajagiri Medical College @ 4th Mile, Aluva

Earlier we had reports of a NEST education & Health city project also.

Adding to that there are expansion projects of Medical Trust and few other hospitals!!!
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #45
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

I can confirm that Rajagiri project is assured to happen. I can also confirm that NeST project is not happening anytime soon.
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #46
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
I am really, honestly, confused. How many medi cities are there? and where are each of them located?

We sure have a flock mentality. We had the flood of IT Projects, then Malls. Now the fad seems to be Medi Cities. It shows that we are 100% market driven capitalist economy. Lots of projects tried and a few succeeds.

Good! I would say even ONE of the medi cities becoming reality is fantastic. The rest can slowly follow, just like the malls are doing.
Regarding Medical sector, I don't think it was a flocking. Because some projects like DM Medcity, BM Hospital were there for pretty long time. But I believe perhaps it might be the right time to launch the project, especially when there was a change of guard in Govt.

There were scores of private projects, put into deep freezer due to various erstwhile policies of LDF Govt. What I understood from a friend of mine in DM is that, the project lagged primarily because of LDF policy of land filling in some parts of area.

The same policy even put off Veegaland's Amucity project and several others....

I wonder why Nest Group is lagging behind, despite of having such a brand value and several huge investments. They have land and capabilites to execute project.

Any news about BCG's mega hospital project, announced a few months back?

I also wonder why, several national brands like Appollo, Fortis etc are not interested in Kerala, despite of such a huge health conscious and hospital-going people? These groups has even hospital very small cities like Madurai or Surat etc, but Kerala seems to be out-of-radar. Don't know the reason?

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old July 25th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #47
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said the UDF Government will provide one dialysis machine to each of the district hospitals to ensure that quality medical facility is available to every person in the state.
He was speaking at the General Hospital here on Sunday after inaugurating the donation of a dialysis machine, sponsored by Dubai-based Fathima Medical Trust.

The Chief Minister said the government would provide the best medical facilities in the state’s government hospitals. “Innovations in medical field become complete only when these facilities are available to everyone in the society,” he said, adding that the supply of dialysis machines are intended for this. “The government would also ensure medical insurance to each person in the state,” he added. The ministers also opened a 24 hour blood bank sponsored by BPCL and IMA as well as an Endoscopy Unit.

Chandy said he appreciated the service of the Ernakulam District hospital during the Pullumedu tragedy. He said the government would reward the hospital doctors and hospitals, which provided “commendable service” during the tragedy.

Health Minister Adoor Prakash said that the Ernakulam General hospital has been a model for other district hospitals in the state. The government would start a sewage-treatment plant, which would cost Rs 1 crore, and a neurosurgery department in the hospital, he said. A police surgeon would also be deputed, Prakash added.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/dialysis-...43-60-122.html

==========================================================

Woww... GH is really improving its services... Great!! Never expected from a GH

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

Last edited by mohammedirshad06; July 25th, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #48
psanthosh

Likes (Received): 193

Yes, you are right. We have somany IT/Medical Projects in paper. Last year same time, we were having 12+ IT SEZ projects in Kerala and nothing materialized.

Most of the projects are good for filling 3+4=7 local news paper.

Hope it will change.

-------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post

psanthosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 03:32 PM   #49
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by psanthosh View Post
Yes, you are right. We have somany IT/Medical Projects in paper. Last year same time, we were having 12+ IT SEZ projects in Kerala and nothing materialized.

Most of the projects are good for filling 3+4=7 local news paper.

Hope it will change.

-------------------
I don't know why many projects failed to take off. But to some extend I believe lot was attribute to previous govt's policy. In Jan 2011, India Today Malayalam edition made a cover story, how more than 35,000 crore worth projects got stalked in Kerala within 5 years. Partially its because of global recession and partially because of anti-private investment friendly policies.

DM's case itself is a testimony, how such a mega project got stalled just because, permission was denied for land filling, just for few portions of the total land.

DM anyway is bound to take off. They have enough repute and interest in the project. Rajagiri, as Dileepettan said, is sure to start. Cochin Medical city, is a 50-50 chance, because till now its details are not fully out. Considering the credibility of its promoters, I have confidence it will start.

BM's mega project, I have no cue.... They have land with them. But perhaps chances of competition may send more fears in their spines, as things have changed from time of its original proposal.

The only project, I don't have much trust or confidence is BCG's mega hospital city. They might be announcing, just to promote its Health Mall too...

Anyway, with advent of Smart City and numerous other projects, surely medical field has its own advantages!!! Even one project gets realized, surely its would make a sea of change in our city.

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

Last edited by mohammedirshad06; July 25th, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #50
psanthosh

Likes (Received): 193

you are right, all because of anti-private investment friendly policies. Hope all these pvt projects will start/complete within 5 year time.
psanthosh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #51
georgescifo
George

Likes (Received): 0

Does any one have any idea about the proposed location of COCHI Medi-City?
georgescifo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #52
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

ശ്രീധരീയം ആസ്​പത്രിയുടെ ജനറല്* ചികിത്സാ വിഭാഗമായ 'സൗഭദ്ര' ആയുര്*വേദ സ്*പെഷാലിറ്റി സെന്ററില്* ഓര്*ത്തോ ചികിത്സാ സൗകര്യം ആരംഭിക്കുന്നു. ഡോ. ക്രിസ്റ്റി ജോസഫ് തിങ്കളാഴ്ച കൂത്താട്ടുകുളം ശ്രീധരീയത്തിലെ സൗഭദ്ര വിഭാഗത്തില്* രോഗികളെ പരിശോധിക്കും. നടുവേദന, ഡിസ്*ക് സ്ഥാനം തെറ്റല്*, കഴുത്ത് വേദന, വാതസംബന്ധമായ വേദനകള്* തുടങ്ങിയവയ്ക്ക് ചികിത്സ ലഭ്യമാവും. ബുക്ക് ചെയ്യാന്* 0485-2253007 എന്ന നമ്പറില്* ബന്ധപ്പെടാം.

Kochi's Sreedharayam Hospital's Soubhadra Ayurveda Specialty Clinci announced launch of Ayurvedic Ortho Center in their Kutattukulam facility. The hospital will have facilities for treating spinal cord, hip disc aligment, neck pains, arthritis etc.

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/ernakulam...%E0%B4%BF.html

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old August 1st, 2011, 10:52 PM   #53
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Lakeshore Hospital- Kochi

Lakeshore Hospital and Research Center

One of Kerala's largest tertiary multi-specialty hospital cum research center based in Kochi, the hospital was start as an ambitious project of 3 Swiss based Malayalee Doctors. The hospital started in 2000 with 150 beds, today boasts more than 500 beds with world class operation and specialty clinics.

In 2004, Emke Group made a major investment stake in the project, making the first investment of the group in India. Today the hospital management is highly patronized by several prominent businessmen of the city and abroad. The 8 lakh sqft hospital facility, was one of the first hospital center to introduce air-ambulance and premium training facilities in Kerala.

The Hospital is well renowned for its quality treatments and recevied several leading achievements

Some of them are

* Recognition of Lakeshore Gastro Intestinal Surgery Unit as a training center for FRCS examination by the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh.

* Lakeshore Oncology Department carried out bone marrow transplantation and peripheral stem cell transplantation for blood cancer patients for the first time in the history of private hospitals in Kerala.

* Advanced endoscopic training is imparted to Gastroenterologists from various parts of India and from foreign countries including USA.

* Kerala Sate Pollution Control Board Award 2004, for the best pollution control system among the hospitals in Kerala.

* Introduced artificial insulin pump for diabetes patients for the first time in South India.

The Hospital currently has major accreditions including NABH and Quality Assurance etc.

The hospital is famous for having India's largest Gastrointestinal Surgery department which is distinct for training surgeons for the Fellowship Examination of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, first time in South India.

The Oncology (Cancer Institute) of Lakeshore is extremely famous for being headed by one of India's most reputed Oncologist Dr. V.P. Gangadharan (ex-head emeritus of Trivandrum RCC) as well as a team of highly recognized oncologists. The Cancer Institute is one of the largest in Kerala and duly networked with several leading institutes nationally and internationally.

Likewise, the hospital also has one of the largest multi-organ transplantation center and organ bank also for distinct being the hospital carrying largest number of transplant operations.

The hospital has 21 specialty departments and 8 super specialized research clinics.

The hospital was pioneering entity in promoting Health tourism in the state, with introduction of various tourism packages and extensive marketing in promoting the state. The hospital was recorded in Limca Books of Record for offering the maximum multiple connectivity options including air, water and surface ambulance and life saving vehicles.

The hospital has a state-of-the-art training and reference center as well as a 350 seater medical convention center and mock surgeries theaters.

The hospital has a 5 counter food court for outsiders and has state-of-the-art dietitian food center for patients, apart from bystanders center, travel desk, business centers and libraries.

The international patient center, offers specialized treatments for foreign patients with multi-lingual professionals on service/duty.

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old August 5th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #54
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI

Association of Chamber of Industries of India- Assocham recommends for health cities in Kochi!!!

So we have the market potential for 2 or 3 such medical cities in our city...

Quote:
Market size of the Indian medical tourism sector is likely to more than double to Rs 10,800 crore by 2015 from Rs 4,500 crore at present, industry chamber Assocham on Friday said in its study.

The inflow of medical tourists in India is also likely to cross 32 lakh by 2015 from the current level of 8.5 lakh, it said.

"Top notch healthcare facilities like cardiology, joint replacement, orthopedic surgery, transplants and urology at a low price are certain key factors making India a favoured destination in terms of medical tourism," the study said.

States like Andhara Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and New Delhi are fast emerging as India's best medical centres with several hospitals and specialty clinics coming up in the cities, it said.

India is also offering other medical services like yoga, meditation and ayurveda, which is increasingly becoming popular as a non-surgical treatment for various ailments among the foreign patients.

The country attracts large number of medical tourists from the Middle East, America, Europe and also from neighboring countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan.

However, it said that the country is facing tough competition in the sector from nations like Australia, Belgium, Greece, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa and Thailand that are actively promoting healthcare tourism worldwide.

The study has proposed to develop 'Multi-Specialty Health City' on public-private partnership basis at 10 centres - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, New Delhi, Pudducherry and Pune.

"The proposal envisages setting up super-specialty hospitals in an eco-friendly atmosphere...with highly trained English-speaking healthcare professionals at affordable price," it added.

Both central and state governments need to play key role in setting up these centres

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/9493173.cms

MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #55
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Matrix Partners to invest in Kochi
Quote:
Matrix Partners, the US-based private equity firm with $3 billion under management, on Wednesday announced that it has invested Rs 45 crore through its India investment arm in Kids Clinic India Private Limited, a Bangalore-based provider of maternity and infant care under the brand Cloudnine. Matrix is the sole investor in the first institutional round of funding. With this fund infusion, Matrix has acquired a significant minority stake in Cloudnine.

Matrix is looking for opportunities in speciality healthcare models. It is an easily replicable model, unlike that of a super-speciality or multi-speciality hospital model, said Avnish Bajaj, co-founder and managing director, Matrix India.

In the immediate future, Matrix hopes to drive the group’s expansion into Mumbai. After this, the boutique hospital will expand to Chennai, Coimbatore and Kochi. The capital infusion announced on Wednesday is expected to provide growth capital for the expansion of Cloudnine.
It’s the low gestation period of this model that makes it attractive for Matrix. While the gestation period for a super-speciality hospital may be as long as seven years, in case of the speciality model, the gestation period is as low as two or three years.

Cloudnine was earlier known as The Cradle, which was licensed from the Apollo Hospitals group. The company is looking at opening 30-40 bed centres with a staff strength of 120 in the next 18-20 months.

Business Standard
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #56
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences

Old August 13th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #57
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Arabs making a beeline for Kochis health centre

Quote:
KOCHI: Enhancing its appeal, Kochi is opening its arms to West Asian tourists like never before. Major resorts and hotels in the city assert that there has been a steep increase in the number of� tourists from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE.

“In July alone, 99 per cent of the guests at our resort were from the Gulf countries,” said an employee at a luxury resort in Kumbalam. “Although their stay was comparatively shorter due to the early arrival of Ramadan, their numbers have definitely increased,” he added. An employee at another luxury hotel in the city noted, “There were 223 Arab guests in our hotel in July. They all left for Ramadan. But we expect another wave of Arab tourists during Onam.” �

Tour operators in the city support the claim. “Earlier, only high-end tourists arrived from the middle-east. But in recent times the number of upper-middle class families has gone up drastically. Maybe that explains the sudden increase,” said C P Ajithkumar, president of the Travel Operators Association of Kerala.� The major attractions for Arab tourists in Kochi are the many ayurvedic health centres cropping up in the city along with the infrastructural facilities available here. “For foreign tourists, Kochi is a crisp gist of the entire Kerala. They can enjoy the serene beauty of the backwaters and travel through historical sites here, while being just a few kilometres away from a bustling city. This way, they don’t get bored by the quietness of the countryside. In previous years, only western tourists seemed to be aware of this. Now, West Asia is catching up too,” said a luxury resort owner. �

“Owing to a steady trickle of Arab tourists, we have not been hit by the off-season lull,” said an employee at a luxury hotel chain in the city.
Old August 13th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #58
DileepKS
Armchair Activist

Giving the world a healing touch

Quote:
KOCHI: The aspiring metro is fast evolving into a hub of medical tourism. The standard of treatment on a par with developed countries and the lower cost draw many from the Gulf and European countries to Kochi for getting medical services.

Many of the hospitals have medical tourism wing so as to make things easy for those from abroad. Cosmetic surgery, eye care, dental care and gynaecology are the main branches which attract the patients from across the globe.� “Mainly patients from the West Asian� countries and Africa arrive here. Cardiology, orthopaedic surgeries, gastroenterology and oncology are the most sought-after specialties here,” said Dr Girish Kumar K P of AIMS, Kochi.

“The quality of treatment on a par with international standards and cheap cost are the main attractions. The cost of treatment comes to only one third of that in the developed countries,” he said. �

Besides foreigners, those from other states also flock to Kochi for undergoing treatment. Though most-modern treatment is available in some of the major cities in the country, the cost is comparatively high. Easy accessibility is the most important factor for the growth of tourism. Earlier, the fares from other Indian cities like Delhi were as high as the fares to destinations in South-East and the Middle-East. But the situation has changed for the good, thanks to the Open Sky Policy and the emergence of budget airlines in the country.�� The modern communication systems, including internet, have been a boon to health tourism. At the click of the mouse, even the people on the other side of the globe will be able to know about the international health destinations. Understanding the fact, health institutions as well as governments in many of the countries have, collectively and individually, taken steps to promote health tourism through the internet.

A health tourist who looks for the place where he or she can avail of advanced medical services at affordable cost makes use of� facilities like the internet.

So, the hospitals which stand out in offering the medical services to health tourists� design their websites after consulting� IT experts. Ayurveda attracts a lot of foreigners to Kochi. “It is from Saudi, Oman, Qatar and South Africa that more patients arrive. There are Europeans as well,” said Dr Jaseela of Punarnava Ayurveda Hospital, Kochi. “Patients suffering from multiple sclerosis, paralysis and mental ailments seek� ayurveda treatment. For such diseases, the treatment offered by other streams of medicine are less effective,” she said.
Old August 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #59
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

KIMS Kochi

Old August 16th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #60
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite

Ernakulam Medical Centre