daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 28th, 2014, 07:53 AM   #481
Sister Ray
Just like Sister Ray said
 
Sister Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fukuoka
Posts: 1,246
Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
Bytheway this project stalled by seoul mayor's anti-skyscraper policy.
decreased below 50fl
Really disappointing news...
__________________

inno4321, Equario, Zaz965 liked this post
Sister Ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2014, 05:08 PM   #482
Elster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 639
Likes (Received): 1079

Someone has to tell the mayor of seoul that if he keep stalling highrise projects he will find himself in hell, The gods won't forgive him
__________________

inno4321 liked this post
Elster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 11:44 AM   #483
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12444



More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0002428005
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.


Fire accident last year during construction

More photos and Above photos copyright belong to http://news.newsway.co.kr/view.php?t...40707083954_AO
사진을 퍼와서 죄송합니다. 혹시 사진의 주인분께서 삭제를 원하실경우 주져하지 마시고 제게 댓글이나 쪽지를 요청하시면
즉각 바로 삭제하겠습니다. 좋은 사진 찍어주셔서 감사합니다.


lotte guro hotel open a few days ago(nearby my home town)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Elster View Post
Someone has to tell the mayor of seoul that if he keep stalling highrise projects he will find himself in hell, The gods won't forgive him

1000000 billions percent agree with you DEAR!!!! he must go to hell forever
Countless highrise project of seoul stalled and disappear by seoul mayor. what can i do for my city
my heart tear apart in every day. really painful for me about seoul situation
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, Equario, Munwon, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 12:44 PM   #484
aquaticko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 1,987
Likes (Received): 1029

I have to be honest; with 5 accidents in a year on that Lotte construction site, including that massive fire, I understand why people are questioning the Lotte World Tower's safety, even if I think they're most likely wrong.
aquaticko está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 06:21 AM   #485
namngan_nc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 3
Likes (Received): 1

This is a great example that a boxy building can be beautiful.
__________________
Nhip Cau | Giu quoc tich viet nam | dau tu dinh cu my

inno4321 liked this post
namngan_nc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 01:18 PM   #486
kiy5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 3

Inno,

Is it possible that KEPCO might delay moving to Naju in November 2014? They have build the office in Naju and employees need few months to relocate to Naju. It doesnt make sense to me that they are moving. i know they want to get rid of the debt but they are just spending more money to build the office and breaking up the family that are comfortable living in seoul. Not only that, young employee can easily move but older people with family will not move with them because they need to continue getting education in seoul.
__________________

Zaz965 liked this post
kiy5000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2014, 01:45 PM   #487
Sister Ray
Just like Sister Ray said
 
Sister Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fukuoka
Posts: 1,246
Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiy5000 View Post
Inno,

Not only that, young employee can easily move but older people with family will not move with them because they need to continue getting education in seoul.
I think it will be just as hard, if not harder, for young employees to move to Naju. Really, what single twenty or thirty something wants to move from Seoul to the middle of nowhere?

I find it hard to believe any talented members of staff will stay with the company once it moves to Naju. There's a reason big companies locate in big cities. Access to the largest possible pool of talented employees. Moving KEPCO to Naju? Worst business move ever.
__________________

WingWing, kiy5000, inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Sister Ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2014, 11:25 AM   #488
Seoul_Korea
Europa
 
Seoul_Korea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lecce (IT)
Posts: 1,268
Likes (Received): 2901

Herrington Tower

Location: near Gangnam-yeok, Gangnam-gu
Floors: 15 above ground / 2 below ground
Height: 60.050m


__________________
Dreaming for an united federal country called Europe.


PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, Zaz965 liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 07:23 AM   #489
kiy5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 3

if they wanted to spread korea, they shouldve slowly move down, not go all the way down to naju.lol
__________________

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by kiy5000; August 3rd, 2014 at 11:45 AM.
kiy5000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM   #490
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12444

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiy5000 View Post
Inno,

Is it possible that KEPCO might delay moving to Naju in November 2014? They have build the office in Naju and employees need few months to relocate to Naju. It doesnt make sense to me that they are moving. i know they want to get rid of the debt but they are just spending more money to build the office and breaking up the family that are comfortable living in seoul. Not only that, young employee can easily move but older people with family will not move with them because they need to continue getting education in seoul.

as far as i know KEPCO can't delay their moving schedule.(political promise)
and as you say not only old but also young employee dislike move to naju.
but they have no choice.
and KEPCO'S NEW HQ in naju spent lot of cost for construction.
therefore this is stupid political moving.

and also employee must choose between job and life and family. So many employee and public officer alone moving to suburban meanwhile their family and children remain in seoul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
I think it will be just as hard, if not harder, for young employees to move to Naju. Really, what single twenty or thirty something wants to move from Seoul to the middle of nowhere?

I find it hard to believe any talented members of staff will stay with the company once it moves to Naju. There's a reason big companies locate in big cities. Access to the largest possible pool of talented employees. Moving KEPCO to Naju? Worst business move ever.

that you are right.
korean don't know why LONDON PARIS TOKYO NEWYORK is world hub city.
seoul and lotte world tower is scapegoat for political reasoning.
they get vote from people with accused Seoul CITY as greedy capital symbol.

England love london. japanses love tokyo. but korean hate seoul city.
they glad when seoul decreased. that is reason why KEPCO and over one hundred public company and most korea ministry moving out from seoul.
they dosen't give a shxx whether seoul ruin or employee lost they life pattern. it seems like a modern marxist
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

kiy5000, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 3rd, 2014 at 08:37 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 12:02 PM   #491
Equario
Борітеся поборете!
 
Equario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Irpin|Kyiv
Posts: 6,291
Likes (Received): 14346

In other words KEPCO is moving its whole HQ from Seoul to Naju and they are also forced by government to sell their HQ? That's way to crazy. Decentralization is good, but it should be done in way of encouraging (creating special investment zones, tax benefits and etc.),not forcing. Otherwise it's a communism style.

Moreover, why exactly to Naju? If I am not mistaken, Songdo city was designated to incorporate companies and become 'city of companies'. I think it would be more reasonable to move there, as it still has a lot of space to offer.
__________________
Follow events in Ukraine in English - KYIVPOST: http://www.kyivpost.com/

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

inno4321 liked this post
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 01:57 PM   #492
phoenixboi08
Registered User
 
phoenixboi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,543
Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equario View Post
In other words KEPCO is moving its whole HQ from Seoul to Naju and they are also forced by government to sell their HQ? That's way to crazy. Decentralization is good, but it should be done in way of encouraging (creating special investment zones, tax benefits and etc.),not forcing. Otherwise it's a communism style.

Moreover, why exactly to Naju? If I am not mistaken, Songdo city was designated to incorporate companies and become 'city of companies'. I think it would be more reasonable to move there, as it still has a lot of space to offer.
Probably because they don't want everything consolidated in Seoul...
In any case, many of those corporations take special advantage of their relationship with the government to extort economic policy, so decentralization is only par for the course.
__________________
MCRP '16
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:33 PM   #493
Seoul_Korea
Europa
 
Seoul_Korea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lecce (IT)
Posts: 1,268
Likes (Received): 2901

Cheongryangri Station Redevelopment

Cheongryangri Station Redevelopment Project: I opened a new thread on these four towers for the redevelopment of Cheongryangri Station.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1742344
New Design, New Height.


__________________
Dreaming for an united federal country called Europe.


PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM   #494
Daehanminguk
대한민국 사랑해
 
Daehanminguk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Ulsan 울산
Posts: 118
Likes (Received): 67

Really love these towers. Looks modern. The only thing that I would like to see is at least a taller tower in this project... At least around 250-300m... But they are good enough now.
__________________
South Korea
South Korea
South Korea
South Korea
South Korea

inno4321 liked this post
Daehanminguk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 07:32 PM   #495
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12444




YONGSAN PRUGIO SUMIT U/C

39FL 38FL TOW TOWER AND LOWER PART COMMERCIAL
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, Equario, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 07:44 PM   #496
inno4321
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SEOUL
Posts: 5,338
Likes (Received): 12444

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
Probably because they don't want everything consolidated in Seoul...
In any case, many of those corporations take special advantage of their relationship with the government to extort economic policy, so decentralization is only par for the course.

thanks for your opinions
but even their HQ located in seoul they can't extort something from government.
right korea is one of corrupt country in oecd. and they lobbied behind the scenes

but decentralization is another problem. It is unique korean society's mass emotion against rich and success.

Seoul is symbol success and money and power. they just want to demolish those statue=seoul. it is pure envy and jealous concern not economical considering.

I f they considering economical aspect, then they wouldn't moving KEPCO to suburban. because it is spent huge social cost and ineffective as economical aspect.
__________________
Seoul Projects Compilation Blog

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; August 5th, 2014 at 06:32 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2014, 04:32 AM   #497
phoenixboi08
Registered User
 
phoenixboi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,543
Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

thanks for your opinions
but even their HQ located in seoul they can't extort something from government.
right korea is one of corrupt country in oecd. and they lobbied behind the scenes

but decentralization is another problem. It is unique korean society's mass emotion against rich and success.

Seoul is symbol success and money and power. they just want to demolish those stature=seoul. it is pure envy and jealous concern not economical considering.

I f they considering economical aspect, then they wouldn't moving KEPCO to suburban. because it is spent huge social cost and ineffective as economical aspect.
I guess I was just thinking of the Chaebols in particular, which can have a lot of political influence.
__________________
MCRP '16

inno4321 liked this post
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2014, 11:06 AM   #498
Sister Ray
Just like Sister Ray said
 
Sister Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fukuoka
Posts: 1,246
Likes (Received): 483

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
that is reason why KEPCO and over one hundred public company and most korea ministry moving out from seoul.
Really? Over 100 public companies moving out of Seoul? Are they all going to tiny little agricultural villages like KEPCO? This could be a disaster for the quality of staff at Seoul's Public Companies. I know Koreans have a strange fetish for being civil servants but is that desire strong enough they would consider relocating to some onion field in South Nowhere Province?

I assume all the Govt. ministries are moving to Sejong City? At least there you can stay in Seoul and take the KTX to work everyday. Bitch of a commute, though.

Really, this decentralisation policy seems to be really clumsily handled, ill considered madness.

Who is responsible for this absurd policy?
__________________

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Sister Ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2014, 12:51 PM   #499
phoenixboi08
Registered User
 
phoenixboi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,543
Likes (Received): 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
Really? Over 100 public companies moving out of Seoul? Are they all going to tiny little agricultural villages like KEPCO? This could be a disaster for the quality of staff at Seoul's Public Companies. I know Koreans have a strange fetish for being civil servants but is that desire strong enough they would consider relocating to some onion field in South Nowhere Province? I assume all the Govt. ministries are moving to Sejong City? At least there you can stay in Seoul and take the KTX to work everyday. Bitch of a commute, though. Really, this decentralisation policy seems to be really clumsily handled, ill considered madness. Who is responsible for this absurd policy?
Sejong City was halted by the courts, wasn't it?
__________________
MCRP '16
phoenixboi08 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #500
airdrieboy1984
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 13
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixboi08 View Post
Sejong City was halted by the courts, wasn't it?
I live a few miles from Sejong, as far as I know it is full steam ahead. Most ministries except presidential and a handful of crucial ones are moving.
__________________

phoenixboi08 liked this post
airdrieboy1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
seoul

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu