daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #581
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12550

HWAYANGDONG get approved

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

JustWatch, Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2014, 04:14 AM   #582
inno4321

my home town third step project in geumchengu get approved

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

JustWatch, Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post
Old October 13th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #583
inno4321

UE light rail transit second tunel
Now 52.2% progress
UE light rail transit is total 10km

Goyan(satellite city) connect to northern Seoul tunnel
wide 25m, length 867m

gangnam circle high speed way construction
now 60% progress
connected between my home town with gangnam district

Jangchung sport stadium remodeling
about 64% progress

chunho daro expand& make GREEN ECO BRIDGE construction
52% progress

Seoul_Korea, Sister Ray, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; October 15th, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old October 14th, 2014, 06:17 AM   #584
Sister Ray
Just like Sister Ray said

Likes (Received): 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

gangnam circle high speed way construction
now 60% progress
connected between my home town with gangnam district
What's this one, Inno? Can you give us some more info?

Looks a bit like an elevated highway? I hope it's not, though.

Thanks.
Sister Ray no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 07:01 AM   #585
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
What's this one, Inno? Can you give us some more info?

Looks a bit like an elevated highway? I hope it's not, though.

Thanks.

Hi my friend
that is OVERPASS a part of GANGNAM HIGH SPEEDWAY.
and that IRON BEAM(hang it by crane) is HARDEST step during this project.
they successfully completed to installed overpass beam structure.
gangnam overpass IS OVERLAP with another high way(subugansundoro: the one which first large bridge in above photos))

GANGNAM HIGH SPEEDWAY : southern part of seoul outskirt circle way.
connected from geumcheongu to gannamgu district.

Actually above photos taken at my home town(geumcheongu)
they make a entrance and extension highway across over shihungdaro(my home town avenue) to ANYAONG stream.
Right elevated highway is not good for environment and ugly though.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:17 PM   #586
Sister Ray

Thanks for the info, Inno.

It seems strange to be putting in new elevated highways when Seoul has had so much success removing them in the recent past (i.e. Cheonggyecheon.)

inno4321 liked this post
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #587
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4628

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Inno.

It seems strange to be putting in new elevated highways when Seoul has had so much success removing them in the recent past (i.e. Cheonggyecheon.)
I think they put this elevated highway because its a highspeed connection to outer parts of Seoul and not in a central downtown area.
Looking at the pic the overpass also seems to be part of a big highway junction somewhere more outside.

So i guess the function and purpose of that new elevated speedway is very different from the old overpasses they are tearing down in central Seoul.

Zaz965 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 03:46 PM   #588
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

this is full map..

length is almost 20km

solution of traffic jam in southern seoul area

this highway start from guemchon(inno's hometown), seoul national univ, sadang station area(one of biggest traffic hub of seoul) , yangjaedong(hyundai Kia motors HQ) and finish Suseodong(near Wi-rye new town)

humptydumpty7, Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #589
Sister Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post

solution of traffic jam in southern seoul area
Ha ha, no chance. Creation of many more traffic jams in the Southern Seoul area is my predicted outcome.

Really, Seoul is choked with private cars already. This is one area where Seoul could really learn from Tokyo. Keep the cars out and ramp up investment in that, already excellent, mass transit system.

Anyway, sorry cestlavie, I really do appreciate the info you provided.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Old October 14th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #590
Tsukinisto

Likes (Received): 7

How are you

Quote:
Ha ha, no chance. Creation of many more traffic jams in the Southern Seoul area is my predicted outcome.

Really, Seoul is choked with private cars already. This is one area where Seoul could really learn from Tokyo. Keep the cars out and ramp up investment in that, already excellent, mass transit system.

Anyway, sorry cestlavie, I really do appreciate the info you provided.
I sincerely agree on that, seoul has one of the worst skies in the world, whereas it has quite decent public transportation system in the world.

Things would have been better by now if they had managed to install separated bike lanes along the downtown areas as they initially planned to finnish it by 2014. Though the current mayor is considering of putting the plan back on track. But I'm rather skeptical whether they have such capability to do it properly. Even cities like NY,London and Tokyo couldn't do.

Certainly seoul has some potentials beside those cities like
Big wider road is a very few privileged feature of the city.

Last edited by Tsukinisto; October 14th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Tsukinisto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 07:55 PM   #591
humptydumpty7

Quote:
the problem is that Koreans want their cars, its an important status symbol unfortunately. In Japan its not that important and people are more willing to use public transport from what I noticed.

but anyway, its not like the government isn't investing in public transport:
-> construction of 10 new subway connections is on the way (info from 2013)

The plan is that every citizen in Seoul has a subway station within a 10 minute walk.

Also Gyeonggi Province plans to build 9 new rail connections south of Seoul until 2020:

I'm not sure how correct the information still is, but there is a lot of investment into public transportation. But building subways takes much much time and money unfortunately :/

source and more details: http://kojects.com/2013/08/05/10-new...metro-network/

anyway, the new highway won't solve traffic problems, but it might keep a bigger part of the commuter traffic away from more populated/central areas, which may result in less noise and less pollution for citizens.

Old October 14th, 2014, 08:34 PM   #592
Tsukinisto

Likes (Received): 7

with all due respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
the problem is that Koreans want their cars, its an important status symbol unfortunately. In Japan its not that important and people are more willing to use public transport from what I noticed.

but anyway, its not like the government isn't investing in public transport:
-> construction of 10 new subway connections is on the way (info from 2013)

The plan is that every citizen in Seoul has a subway station within a 10 minute walk.

Also Gyeonggi Province plans to build 9 new rail connections south of Seoul until 2020:

I'm not sure how correct the information still is, but there is a lot of investment into public transportation. But building subways takes much much time and money unfortunately :/

source and more details: http://kojects.com/2013/08/05/10-new...metro-network/

anyway, the new highway won't solve traffic problems, but it might keep a bigger part of the commuter traffic away from more populated/central areas, which may result in less noise and less pollution for citizens.
The thing is it has nothing to do with people's obsession...The main reason why railway is dominant in japan is because its competiveness in distant range beats other instruments. Don't be blaming your citizens.

p.s. those suburb lines looks impractical a good transportation needs lots of researches and studies with patience also.

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by Tsukinisto; October 14th, 2014 at 08:47 PM.
Tsukinisto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #593
humptydumpty7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukinisto View Post
The thing is it has nothing to do with people's obsession...The main reason why railway is dominant in japan is because its competiveness in distant range beats other instruments. Don't be blaming your citizens.
The competitiveness of public transport is even better in Korea than in Japan.
Public transportation is much, much cheaper in Korea, buses go anywhere anytime for a low price and even taxis are ridiculously cheap and basically everywhere.
But still many Koreans, especially middle- to upper-class people, simply prefer their big nice car.

Its the same problem with the traffic jams in Gangnam or Jamsil around Lotte World Tower, where many upper-class people live. Everyone complains about the traffic but noone is willing to stop using their car.
A car is something you are expected to have when you wanna be seen as successful. It is a cultural thing.

Here are some sources that prove my point:

Quote:
Young Japanese men and women are ditching the car as a status symbol, sparking concern for car companies.
source: http://www.oregonlive.com/business/o...500.xml&coll=7

Quote:
[...]Koreans prefer mid-size or large cars of premium brands, reflecting the fact that many Koreans still view cars as status symbols.
source: http://english.chosun.com/site/data/...032400784.html

One possibility to reduce the usage of cars would be to make gasoline or taxes for cars much higher, but i don't think the government would dare to do that. Much better would be a changing mindset towards cars as status symbols

Old October 15th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #594
Sister Ray

I've long advocated a congestion charge for Jongno/JungGu and Gangnam/Jamsil. Public transport connections to these areas are exceptional, there's no reason to be driving there. London's congestion charge is £11.50. So, I figure set Seoul's at W10,000.

Compare Gangnam with Shinjuku. Shinjuku is so much more pleasant. 4 lanes with many taxis and very few private cars cf Gangnam's 10(?) lane highways (Gangnamno, Tehranno etc.) clogged 24/7 with traffic.

The resulting reduction in traffic would allow Seoul to narrow the roads from their current absurd sizes and create extra public and commercial space further enhancing the area's value and amenity.
Old October 15th, 2014, 02:44 AM   #595
cestlavie24

if you use subway(especially line 2 and line 1, line 4, these are pass gangnam & jongro) around 7~9 am.
u can understand why so many seoul metropolitan citizen use a car for go the office.

we need more subway lines.. our subway line using rate is just..half of tokyo.. london paris..
Old October 15th, 2014, 04:27 AM   #596
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 10698

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
The competitiveness of public transport is even better in Korea than in Japan.
Public transportation is much, much cheaper in Korea, buses go anywhere anytime for a low price and even taxis are ridiculously cheap and basically everywhere.
But still many Koreans, especially middle- to upper-class people, simply prefer their big nice car.
Do you know if in Korea companies pay for public transportation fee? In Japan/Tokyo that is the norm, so that could be on reason the ridership is higher. Or it could be there's simply more connections in Tokyo (remember the subway is only 22% of Tokyo's rail ridership, most of it is above ground/private lines and JR) .

I do remember last time I was in Seoul there was such a higher number of taxis and cars.
ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 05:26 AM   #597
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo View Post
Do you know if in Korea companies pay for public transportation fee? In Japan/Tokyo that is the norm, so that could be on reason the ridership is higher. Or it could be there's simply more connections in Tokyo (remember the subway is only 22% of Tokyo's rail ridership, most of it is above ground/private lines and JR) .

I do remember last time I was in Seoul there was such a higher number of taxis and cars.
I heard that japan company support employee's public transportation fee.
bytheway base on my personal travel in TOKYO(OSAKA&KOYTO) my summary below

Most big different between seoul with tokyo is tokyo is very clean and arrange in normal residence.
As seoulite I am, onethings is very anxiety about illegal parking car in all around seoul.
even walking board full dominated by parking car n illegal vendor's wagon.
but japan city is clean.

About subway I thumbs up for Seoul subway and free transfer between BUS and subway. and one IC card n credit card go anywhere in seoul. and also very cheap. MEANWHILE seoul bus driver is worst. they driving bus like a amuse park car.LOL (but I admit it that Korea Rail system construction by Japan.)

anyway I proud of Seoul's subway system is world best.
as Sister Ray said seoul have amazing public system no need explain about that convenient.
but sadly everybody prefer to driving private car in seoul.
What i surprised when in japan that most car is Small. but seoul most car is big. it is just a bluff.

If I become seoul mayor then i make ONE lane as GREEN TREE Walking board n reduce private car in seoul city.
Anyway Seoul must learn from Japan city arranged system.

Sister Ray, Zaz965 liked this post
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:04 AM   #598
Sister Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

If I become seoul mayor then i make ONE lane as GREEN TREE Walking board n reduce private car in seoul city.
Well, you've got my vote.

(btw I don't actually have a vote.)

Old October 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM   #599
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

In terms of Subway system Seoul is better than Tokyo (well, is a relative modern network), but for the Commuters who lives outside the city, Tokyo or Kansai has better transport.

Seoul needs to improve the Subway system with new rapid services (like Subway Line 9) and of course make a big commuter service for people who lives in Gyeonggi. But it's crazy that Line 4 hasn't rapid services on the south part. People prefer cars? normal!

BTW korean society has many contrast if compares with the japanese. Lots of new richs who likes to show their status, a medium class to aspires to become new rich and many many poor people (specially older people ) who lives in poor conditions and you can see in many areas in central Seoul.

More lines, more frequencies, new rapid services and high parking taxes or directly ban cars on the city center.

humptydumpty7 liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 10:45 AM   #600
cestlavie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Horn View Post
In terms of Subway system Seoul is better than Tokyo (well, is a relative modern network), but for the Commuters who lives outside the city, Tokyo or Kansai has better transport.

Seoul needs to improve the Subway system with new rapid services (like Subway Line 9) and of course make a big commuter service for people who lives in Gyeonggi. But it's crazy that Line 4 hasn't rapid services on the south part. People prefer cars? normal!

BTW korean society has many contrast if compares with the japanese. Lots of new richs who likes to show their status, a medium class to aspires to become new rich and many many poor people (specially older people ) who lives in poor conditions and you can see in many areas in central Seoul.

More lines, more frequencies, new rapid services and high parking taxes or directly ban cars on the city center.
i agree.. seoul metropolitan area just start build subway system before 40 years ago... so..we need more time..

Tags
seoul