daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #981
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6999

I just updated (pretty much erased and rewrote everything) all the English-language pages about skyscraper lists for Korea, based on the file I created (see post above) :

South Korea : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...in_South_Korea
Seoul : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dings_in_Seoul
Busan : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dings_in_Busan
Incheon : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ngs_in_Incheon

I also created two new pages for 2 other cities with at least 10 buildings over 150 meters.

Daegu : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dings_in_Daegu
Ulsan : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dings_in_Ulsan

For Korea overall, I only included existing building over 180 meters (about 100 of them).

For individual cities, I included all the buildings over 150 meters.

I also edited the list of buildings under construction, as well as the ones of proposed / approved buildings. The list still included all the old Yongsan IBD buildings among others, so it was truly needed.

I might have missed quite a few proposals, but I voluntarily left out those that were too unlikely or that were stale.

For individual city articles, I kind of copy/pasted information, so there is a column "city" next to each individual building, which isn't really useful. Maybe if one of you could edit the district (gu), that'd be more useful. Don't hesitate to add the correct hyperlinks, sources or pictures if you feel like it.

Also, the Korean pages haven't been updated, so if someone feels like it...

You can also use this list to try to harmonize this list with Skyscraperpage, Emporis and CTBUH

Anyway, enjoy the lists !

Last edited by kimahrikku1; August 12th, 2015 at 01:04 PM.
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2015, 03:48 PM   #982
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

28f

125,000㎡

between seoul station and Soong-rye moon(nam dae moon)

red site of this map

Seoul_Korea, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by cestlavie24; August 12th, 2015 at 03:55 PM.
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2015, 03:52 PM   #983
cestlavie24

18f

TX tower

Moon-jung Dong, songpa Gu
Old August 12th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #984
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12438

get APPROVED
IN CBD
서울특별시 남대문로5가 253번지일원
(사업시행면적: 13,827.50㎡, 대지면적: 8,433.37㎡)
○ 건축규모 : 지하8층/지상28층, 연면적 125,368.20㎡
건폐율 58.31%, 용적률 991.96%
○ 용 도 : 업무시설, 판매시설, 국제회의장
CONVENTION COMMERCIAL OFFICE

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2015, 11:22 PM   #985
inno4321

nowongu district culture&gym training center U/C
2basement
3fl

63 car parking lot
swimming pool 764㎡
baby pool 4 lane, 13m
adult pool6 lane, 25m

Gym 309㎡
2fl multi court(handball 1, volley ball 2, basket ball 1, 배드민턴 6
3fl stand 385 seats

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old August 13th, 2015, 02:51 AM   #986
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post
OFFICIAL
KOREA government try to built second huge COEX convention center in Olympic stadium area

recently FEDERATION OF KOREA ECONOMY suggestions to the government to built second coex in seoul.
Now coex fulled reservation 365 days.
I think this proposal for a "second COEX Centre" means that the Jamsil Olympic Stadium will be demolished and the entire Jamsil Olympic Complex will be wiped out. I'm not sure if Seoul needs that much exhibition space (probably just too much); I'd have to imagine the existing COEX Centre would be overloaded or something. There are already plans to develop a new baseball stadium on the Jamsil Sports Complex. If it's really needed, then why choose the Jamsil Sports Complex site, and why not a different site, like at the west of Seoul?

I don't get the sudden need to demolish the Jamsil Olympic Stadium. As a large city, I don't think Seoul can afford to lose this stadium. If it did, the area will have to find another site to develop a brand-new large athletics-track stadium, primary indoor arena and aquatics arena. The Seoul area already has a large football-only stadium at its west.

Nice way to hurt your sporting infrastructure, Seoul. Or any megacity.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.

Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 04:55 AM   #987
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I think this proposal for a "second COEX Centre" means that the Jamsil Olympic Stadium will be demolished and the entire Jamsil Olympic Complex will be wiped out. I'm not sure if Seoul needs that much exhibition space (probably just too much); I'd have to imagine the existing COEX Centre would be overloaded or something. There are already plans to develop a new baseball stadium on the Jamsil Sports Complex. If it's really needed, then why choose the Jamsil Sports Complex site, and why not a different site, like at the west of Seoul?

I don't get the sudden need to demolish the Jamsil Olympic Stadium. As a large city, I don't think Seoul can afford to lose this stadium. If it did, the area will have to find another site to develop a brand-new large athletics-track stadium, primary indoor arena and aquatics arena. The Seoul area already has a large football-only stadium at its west.

There is no final definitive plan yet, but two "layouts" have been proposed :
The first one =>

And a second one =>

So, in both proposals, the stadium wouldn't be torn down or anything. The first reason is that an Olympic Stadium is highly symbolic and you don't simply tear it down like that. Secondly, it's not used enough to warrant a reconstruction : there are many soccer pitches in the country, so only Seoul E-Land (in the 2nd division) plays there, and there aren't any other large athletics events as well. It's mainly used for concerts actually. On the other hand, Jamsil Baseball Stadium hosts 144 regular season games, so about 160 with preseason and playoffs. Professional Baseball is more "professionalised", and money plays a big role, so a new stadium is indeed needed, hence both plans having an improved, bigger, relocated ballpark.

For the 3 other venues (Jamsil Arena, Jamsil Student Gymnasium, Jamsil Indoor Swimming Pool), I'd say it's a bit less important. At least one of the arenas would have to be reconstructed, because there are two pro basketball teams in Jamsil (SK and Samsung), so taking both arenas out wouldn't be an option.

But I think what's forgotten is that there is room in Jamsil Sports Complex. The arena is huge (looks 2.5x bigger than COEX complex from the satellite), and very poorly used : lots of car parks and useless small structures and paths of grass. The space could be used much more intelligently to accomodate for a Conference Center (MICE), while increasing green space as well. Also, the city decided to bury the highways (along the Han River and on the West side of Jamsil) underground, giving more space for Jamsil to grow.

I really think this project could work well.
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:03 AM   #988
kimahrikku1

Today is a sad day, commie blocks lovers ! Garak Siyoung Apartments, probably the largest commie block unit in Seoul, is being reconstructed

Those architectural masterpieces are sadly gonna be replaced by decent buildings.

They have already been destroying the structural jewels to make place for a redeveloped housing project :
Old August 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM   #989
cestlavie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Today is a sad day, commie blocks lovers ! Garak Siyoung Apartments, probably the largest commie block unit in Seoul, is being reconstructed

Those architectural masterpieces are sadly gonna be replaced by decent buildings.

They have already been destroying the structural jewels to make place for a redeveloped housing project :
commie blocks to capitalism blocks...
Old August 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM   #990
inno4321

Quote:

i never been there but this is very huge commie block rebuilt project. a lot of news came from in there so far.
you know those 재건축 rebuilt is very hard because original residence must pay for construction coast.

anyway i expect long line central green way in galacksiyoung

Old August 13th, 2015, 10:22 AM   #991
cestlavie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post

nam-san hilton hotel will rebuild???
is it real??

cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 11:17 AM   #992
Sister Ray
Just like Sister Ray said

Likes (Received): 483

Quote:

To be honest, the new buildings are not much better. Redeveloping all this land is a huge project. Given Korea's economic power now relative to when I imagine the original Garak Siyoung Apartments were built*, this redevelopment is probably less ambitious than the original. Poor effort.

*=Anyone hava a date?
Old August 13th, 2015, 12:37 PM   #993
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Ray View Post
To be honest, the new buildings are not much better. Redeveloping all this land is a huge project. Given Korea's economic power now relative to when I imagine the original Garak Siyoung Apartments were built*, this redevelopment is probably less ambitious than the original. Poor effort.

*=Anyone hava a date?
I find the project totally fine. As this area seems to be rather for mid-class/lower-mid-cass families, building designer-aparments would make them much less affordable for the target group.

To be fair, the render doesn't show any details of the buildings or the materials used. But the large amounts of green area, the broad central walkpath through the area and the lack of "commbieblock-rows" makes this project way better than many other apartment compounds in Seoul. Also many buildings there are relatively thin and high.

humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 07:51 AM   #994
kimahrikku1

Goyang Ilsan Yojin Y-City 200m+ x6

Not technically in Seoul, but since it's near, I figured I might as well post it here as well

Project under construction in the city of Goyang, just West of Seoul, South Korea. The project is already well underway and scheduled for completion in 2016.

It consists of 6 towers. The official height hasn't been announced yet, but based on the floor count and the pictures, I'd say it's in the 220-230 meter range. We'll know more once the buildings are completed.

Building 103 : 59 floors
Building 105 : 59 floors
Building 102 : 58 floors
Building 104 : 59 floors
Building 106 : 57 floors
Building 101 : 55 floors

Official website http://www.ycity.co.kr/

Renders :

http://hango1108.tistory.com/464

http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeV...20130607131952

Photos :

Goyang Yonjin Y-City 3
by kimahrikku1, sur Flickr

Goyang Yonjin Y-City 2
http://blog.naver.com/hongkong38/220437743792

Goyang Yonjin Y-City 1
Old August 14th, 2015, 10:45 PM   #995
inno4321

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/...1093448&page=3
magok LG SCIENCE PARK + KOLONG FUTURE TECHNICAL CENTER U/C

Old August 14th, 2015, 10:51 PM   #996
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post

THANKS GOOD COMMENT

however this second coex little bit different n complext project.
in short Stadium will not be demolish but PRESERVED(remodeling) as your wish.

I greed 88STADIUM IS REALLY amazing space for concert n sport.

It bring perfect sound when EDM music festival I LIKE IT!!

LATER i will arranged and more explanation about this SECOND COEX PROJECT when i have a time
this news is another blue print by korea government. So nobody know how huge it will be!
of course no rendering public so far.

but onething is sure that korea government want to design more huge project in 88 stadium then seoul's imagine

One thing is sure Seoul can has Another Huge Skyscraper project in 88 staidum!(but i'm not sure whether this tower will be over 100fl or 50fl")
remember that place had been Proposal over 100fl tower a few years ago. infront of that place 571m hyundai HQ and behind lotte 555m! so why not in 88STADIUM? let's DANCE

Old August 16th, 2015, 01:18 AM   #997
inno4321

http://www.businesspost.co.kr/news/a...ml?idxno=15956

HYUNDAI VS SAMSUNG
Is HYUNDAI will buying "seoul medical building"?
NOW "seoul medical building" in auction
this place direct behind from Hyundai 571m HQ.
If hyundai get this place too then they can make another huge building which connected between 571m tower and medical

Old August 16th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #998
inno4321

http://blog.naver.com/bloglh/220007307931

HAPPY PUBLIC RENT HOUSE GAJA JIGU U/C
18% PROGRESS SO FAR

Old August 16th, 2015, 04:17 PM   #999
inno4321

http://cafe.naver.com/rim1919/9476
HAPPY PUBLIC RENT HOUSE OHRU JIGU U/C
1% PROGRESS SO FAR

Old August 17th, 2015, 11:07 PM   #1000
inno4321

Primary rendering 88 pylpic stadium and second COEX and baseball stadium
look behind tall tower 1 o clock direction above (top)

Last edited by inno4321; August 17th, 2015 at 11:13 PM.

Tags
seoul