daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2015, 07:13 AM   #1221
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12550

The H
GET app
Demolish old apartment and redevelop
http://map.naver.com/?menu=location&...oi=off&enc=b64

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2015, 08:00 AM   #1222
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 7203

Nodeul Island Restoration Project | Band of Nodeul | Seoul | App

A long delayed project, Nodeulseom (or Nodeul Island), which sits right in the middle of the Hangang River, and crossed by the Hangang Bridge, will finally start, in the first half of next year.

The island will be tranformed into an area dedicated mostly to music, and culture overall. Shops and an eco-friendly park are also part of this project. The project was first proposed by ex-mayor Oh, and was delayed for 3 years. Completion of phase 1 is scheduled for 2018.

It will hold a concert venue, a music Library, an hotel, start-up incubators, and some artistic/cultural projects as well, while preserving the natural environment through an eco-park.

It should be noted that the project is not as big as the project envisioned by the previous mayor, who planned to build a large Opera House. But for environmental concerns and Financial reasons as well, the scale of this project will not be quite as big.

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view...0801&pID=10800

Video of the project (in Korean)
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000098962
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 09:35 AM   #1223
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4628

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
[...] while preserving the natural environment through an eco-park.
On the rendering the island looks like its covered concrete lol...

aquaticko, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 11:05 AM   #1224
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12550

20151121_212647 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20151121_212641 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

20151028_115746 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20151028_115743 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20151022_164317 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20151022_164306 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20151125_102428 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

HANLIM university hospital Second Hospital around guro digital complex station U/C

Quote:
A long delayed project, Nodeulseom (or Nodeul Island), which sits right in the middle of the Hangang River, and crossed by the Hangang Bridge, will finally start, in the first half of next year.

The island will be tranformed into an area dedicated mostly to music, and culture overall. Shops and an eco-friendly park are also part of this project. The project was first proposed by ex-mayor Oh, and was delayed for 3 years. Completion of phase 1 is scheduled for 2018.

It will hold a concert venue, a music Library, an hotel, start-up incubators, and some artistic/cultural projects as well, while preserving the natural environment through an eco-park.

It should be noted that the project is not as big as the project envisioned by the previous mayor, who planned to build a large Opera House. But for environmental concerns and Financial reasons as well, the scale of this project will not be quite as big.

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view...0801&pID=10800

Video of the project (in Korean)
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?...aid=0000098962

well
Previous mayor investment $ 20 millions for Opera house design
But this mayor dismiss opera house and investment another $20 millions to built this fairly tale music island.
and he said I spare money
what a comedy

To built boring his supporter's play ground in World most ideal location for land mark
totally crazy mayor

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 25th, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #1225
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

well
Previous mayor investment $ 20 millions for Opera house design
But this mayor dismiss opera house and investment another $20 millions to built this fairly tale music island.
and he said I spare money
what a comedy

To built boring his supporter's play ground in World most ideal location for land mark
totally crazy mayor
Obviously we already all know that you won't let hard cold facts get in the way of your biases...

The Opera House was priced at 673 billion wons.
(http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/...px?aid=2930362). I believe this was in 2009 KRW. Cumulative inflation in the 2010-2015 period has been 13% (http://www.inflation.eu/inflation-ra...uth-korea.aspx), so at 2015 KRW, that would put the project at 761 billion wons (665 million dollars). And we all know that inflation projects' costs in Korea and elsewhere grow faster than the base inflation rate. But I'll let that slide... And this project was first proposed in 2005, so if the initial project was such a slam dunk, budgeting would have been approved before late 2011, when Mayor Oh resigned.

The current project is not priced $20 million, it was just announced that the overall cost of the project would be 490 billion wons - or 428 million dollars.
(http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=1117051&year=2015).

So the new project costs about 2/3rds of the first one. Yep it's not an opera house, but an other project. Sure, it's probably not as ambitious, but that's more than a $200 million difference. Is a bigger project worth the extra money? I don't know... maybe. But yet again your political hatred cloud your judgement.

Also, interesting comparision. Mayor Oh's Opera House was to seat 2,100 (http://www.korea.net/NewsFocus/Cultu...rticleId=81823).
In the meantime, the Lotte World Concert Hall will open in August 2016 (http://news.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=20151120000234), also seats over 2000 people and costs only 124 billion wons (http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140618001059)... So that's about a 1/5th of the Nodeulseom Opera House. Of course, I'm fully aware that the projects are different and that the Nodeulseom project included other amenities, galleries, and stuff, but still, Lotte Hall is much much cheaper. And due to the laws of supply and demand, the Lotte Hall will get bookings going on, so having another classical music / opera venue in Seoul would be hardly viable now, because the market would be saturated, at least to some degree.

So yeah, the world is more complicated than just "Park Won-Soon is the devil and wants to destroy the city and the country he so loathes"... Remember that city debt tripled during Mayor Oh's 6-year tenure, and has been mostly stable since Park was elected.
There's no such thing as a free lunch. Politics is almost never black and white, and economic policies never are. You can't easily calculate opportunity costs when comparing apple and oranges.

And let me remind you, this is coming from someone who strongly dislikes Mayor Park, so it's not like I'm supporting him in any way.

Last edited by kimahrikku1; November 25th, 2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old November 25th, 2015, 02:53 PM   #1226
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

infront of seoul univ station..

unknown project..
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 02:55 PM   #1227
cestlavie24

infront of namdaemoon market.. building remodeling
Old November 25th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #1228
cestlavie24

parnas nov 20
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:02 PM   #1229
cestlavie24

infront of sinsa station, demolish very old chinese eastern airline building ..

Last edited by cestlavie24; November 25th, 2015 at 03:26 PM.
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:03 PM   #1230
cestlavie24

ulgiro 5th street new hotel
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:05 PM   #1231
cestlavie24

seoul forest trima what?? today pic
Old November 25th, 2015, 03:07 PM   #1232
cestlavie24

acroriver in banpo yesterday..
Old November 25th, 2015, 04:14 PM   #1233
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1033

I have to second humptydumpty's movement. The most "eco" thing to do with Nodeulseom would be to leave it be. Not to mention, even with a hotel providing people for the other island's attractions, it's a terrible location for anything, with only one "access road" and a quarter kilometer of water on either side, I just don't see this being a major (or worthwhile) attraction.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM   #1234
SH16

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by cestlavie24 View Post

parnas nov 20
Huh? There seems to be a very tall round tower to the left of the Parnas tower (to the right of the SAE-A building), or is it just the perspective of the photo?

SH16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 07:09 PM   #1235
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4628

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko
I have to second humptydumpty's movement. The most "eco" thing to do with Nodeulseom would be to leave it be.

[...] I just don't see this being a major (or worthwhile) attraction.

Well, to be fair, the rendering is pretty vague and undetailed.
I imagine it to become just a nice place to hang out and eat chicken & beer (치맥) with background music from local artists.
Also the view of the river and the skyline (including LWT in the distance and of coure Yeoido) will be quite promising.

And it will surely become a new hot-spot for couple dates

So, in general i'm quite optimistic about this project! (Mostly because of the 치맥 potential )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH16 View Post
Huh? There seems to be a very tall round tower to the left of the Parnas tower (to the right of the SAE-A building), or is it just the perspective of the photo?

its the edge of the so-called Glass Tower, on the opposite side of the street:

Old November 25th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #1236
cestlavie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH16 View Post
Yes that is kind of trick
That tower is glass tower

Old November 25th, 2015, 11:34 PM   #1237
cestlavie24

Anyway if thAt lsland host edm festival
Inno will go there

inno4321, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old November 26th, 2015, 12:54 AM   #1238
cestlavie24

big size blue print

Old November 26th, 2015, 02:55 AM   #1239
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
I have to second humptydumpty's movement. The most "eco" thing to do with Nodeulseom would be to leave it be. Not to mention, even with a hotel providing people for the other island's attractions, it's a terrible location for anything, with only one "access road" and a quarter kilometer of water on either side, I just don't see this being a major (or worthwhile) attraction.
Actually that wouldn't be such a good idea. After giving up on the previous project, Mayor Park let this place be underdeveloped, and turned it into some sort of kitchen garden so that families could come and do some seeding/planting, whatever... The project was a disaster, and only a handful of families came on any given day.
I actually just so an article talking at length about this yesterday but I can't find it anymore. But here's an other article that quickly sums up the fact that this no-thrills kitchen garden experiment was a failure and failed to achieve anything.

http://sujinlee.me/nodeul-island-fro...-to-vegetable/

As to the new project, I really don't have much of an opinion at this point. Well, at least it's not the communal kitchen garden, that's for sure. But based on limited renders (thanks to cestlavie24 for the hi-res pic by the way) we don't really know yet how the music venue will be, nor the other amenities, and having a hotel there can indeed be peculiar. The view from there should be awesome though, as it sits right in the middle of the city.

Last edited by kimahrikku1; November 26th, 2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old November 26th, 2015, 03:50 AM   #1240
cestlavie24

Quote:
Actually that wouldn't be such a good idea. After giving up on the previous project, Mayor Park let this place be underdeveloped, and turned it into some sort of kitchen garden so that families could come and do some seeding/planting, whatever... The project was a disaster, and only a handful of families came on any given day.
I actually just so an article talking at length about this yesterday but I can't find it anymore. But here's an other article that quickly sums up the fact that this no-thrills kitchen garden experiment was a failure and failed to achieve anything.

As to the new project, I really don't have much of an opinion at this point. Well, at least it's not the communal kitchen garden, that's for sure. But based on limited renders (thanks to cestlavie24 for the hi-res pic by the way) we don't really know yet how the music venue will be, nor the other amenities, and having a hotel there can indeed be peculiar. The view from there should be awesome though, as it sits right in the middle of the city.
not hotel...just for camping maybe?

Tags
seoul