daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 29th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #1581
Applerecords

Likes (Received): 255

Are they swimming in cash or something? They already have the GBC, and they have plans to build something at another site in Yongsan. And I thought that the GBC will be the HQ. Are they trying to be a property developer and a retail giant on top of the motor industry?
Applerecords no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #1582
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applerecords View Post
Are they swimming in cash or something? They already have the GBC, and they have plans to build something at another site in Yongsan. And I thought that the GBC will be the HQ. Are they trying to be a property developer and a retail giant on top of the motor industry?

Good question
Indeed HYUNDAI gear up many New project in Seoul.
Hyundai GBC supertall HQ and Hapjoung a bunch of skyscraper project (nearby Yongsan) and this one(UN site)

according to the report Hyundai construction try to betting $ 1 billions to buying this special land. So many other civil construction company shocking about that cause If hyunday decide to buying this land they can pay huge cash than any other.

Hyundai already beaten SAMSUNG to buying GBC land. every body shock cause HYUNDAI CEO betting $10 billions which 3 times expensive market expecting high price.

Anyway Not yet confirm but if HYUNDAI construction buying this UN site then they want to built this land for NEW HQ of hyundai construction.

So HYUNDAI&KIA motor'S global HQ will be GBC
and HYUNDAI construction HQ will be Yongsan UN site.

I really like Hyundai Buyng UN site than any other civil company. Cause other company try to built ordinary luxury residence and commercial.
But HYUNDAI want to built HQ. So great and creative design expecting also more luxury commercial facility too.
This location very center of seoul and nearby ETAWON and Grand Yongsan National park
So very precious land and give vibrancy around aloomy distirct.

What is interesting is if Hyundai construction HQ move to this land(UN Site) then another new project possible in CBD. cause now HQ located in CBD's old building. They can rebuilt this one too something beautiful tower

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Last edited by inno4321; May 29th, 2017 at 05:36 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 01:11 AM   #1583
inno4321

http://news1.kr/articles/?3006871

BREAKING NEWS
Seoul approved to built New 50fl tower infront of LWT 555M!!!!
[단독]잠실5단지 "최고 50층 주상복합·호텔 7개동 짓는다"
잠실5단지 조합, 시 요구 반영한 재건축 최종 수정안 제출

TO built 50fl 3 residence tower + 45FL 1+40FL 1+ 35FL 1+ 40fl HOTEL&OFFICE
So total 7 skyscraper to built infront LWT

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:22 AM   #1584
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1033

If I understand that linked article correctly, they agreed to allow the >35fl height because, instead of skyscraper-ing the whole district, they'll put a road through the middle of Jamsil 3-dong and build on the section closer to the river.

In my mind, they'd ideally turn the other section--abutting the intersection which LWT is on--with a park, and build a walkable podium structure on the portion with towers. Very excited to see whatever they come up with.

inno4321 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2017, 04:35 AM   #1585
inno4321

SEOUL COPYRIGHT

http://www.munhwa.com/news/view.html...01071427099001

Mapo Old oil tank remodeling to Cultural&concerthall

kimahrikku1 liked this post
Old May 30th, 2017, 06:47 AM   #1586
Applerecords

I'm all for new skyscrapers decorating the skyline of Seoul, but I don't see how this is a economic decision. I mean, wouldn't the GBC alone be enough to house all of the affiliates including the Motor corp? Or are they all different companies which were split after the death of the former chairman? And that 10 billion scheme was stupid. I get that they wanted to secure the land no matter what, but they could've done it with way less cash. It's not a very smart long-term investment.
Old May 30th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #1587
inno4321

Woo e light rail transit(many station)
northern seoul easily access into Bukhan mountain by this train
Almost completed

subway 9 extension line U/C
this subway pass rich district in seoul
gangnam HYUNDAI GBC TOWER~OYLMPIC STADIUM~nearby LWT 555M~OLYMPIC PARK

Shilm~bong chun tunnel for car raod

[/QUOTE]eoul, but I don't see how this is a economic decision. I mean, wouldn't the GBC alone be enough to house all of the affiliates including the Motor corp? Or are they all different companies which were split after the death of the former chairman? And that 10 billion scheme was stupid. I get that they wanted to secure the land no matter what, but they could've done it with way less cash. It's not a very smart long-term investment.[/QUOTE]

well
GBC is not enough accommodate All HYUNDAI Group's affiliate
HYUNDAY construction is one of main affiliate of HYUNDAY GROUP.
They want to built new HQ
Probably HYUNDAY think new center of seoul will be Yongsan
And seoul very shortage new huge empty land.
So this UN site very special
why not they buying that? It is worthy betting

BTW Concern 10 billions betting in GBC
I think it is good choice.
If i'm CEO of Hyunday then I would have buy Yongsan IBD's KORAIL land rather than GBC site.
BTW GBC land 10 billions is affordable price. cause annually Gangnam estate price rise up 9~10% per a year since 1996
So GBC land is rational price. When GBC completed then nobody can;t buying around ordinary land with same price now.
HYUNDAY CEO buying that GBC land for 100 years for Group's future.

Munwon liked this post
Old May 30th, 2017, 11:59 PM   #1588
inno4321

the penthouse in chung dam
$4~10 millions usd

susomun history park

Old May 31st, 2017, 01:01 PM   #1589
inno4321

http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?&year=2017&no=365491
http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?&year=2017&no=365490

Breaking News
total 54만㎡ project begin!!
Seucho district&Seoul government co-operation New commercial&business hub district project

Lotte chilsung site 4만3438㎡ &Krong site 3만5316㎡ and around area develop as new hub area
these two site area 26% more larger than HYUNDAI GBC site
and bigger than nearby SAMSUNG HQ 2만4000㎡

Government is going to changed land used purposed from 3 degree residence to commercial sued which can develop and complex building

Furthermore government is going to received as payback from Lotte&KORONG company for tremendous profit from development
And that huge public money will be investment "Massive buried underground project of Kungbu highway!"

We can see another huge skyscraper in Gangnam area soon!!

humptydumpty7 liked this post
Old May 31st, 2017, 03:57 PM   #1590
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 7203

Gwangwhamun Park

The city (in coordination with the government) has just proposed to remove cars entirely at the street level from Sejong Avenue (also known as Gwangwhamun).

This has been a project that had been floated around for a few years, with talks of only taking the road away on the West side of the plaza, and have traffic go both way on the East side. I didn't like that project so much, because the balance of the avenue (with the statues, the Gwangwhamun gate) would have been lost. But now they'll have a tunnel underneath the park/square, and have street-level pedestrian only.

I think it's a good idea. The square as it stands right now is tough to access from my experience, with few pedestrian crossings, lots of concrete everywhere, and a lack of space. It seems like they're going for the expensive option, which is certainly interesting.

As part of the masterplan, they plan to rebuild the corner towers of the Gyeongbokgung Palace (right now only the East one exist), but it's cut off from the rest of the palace by a right turn street. The plan also involves the building of a Haetae statue (The mythological lion creature that is a symbol of Korea), and link the park to the Uijeongbu, which is being restored and was the Prime Minister's office during the Joseon Dynasty.

The detailed project will be finalized in late 2017, so I wouldn't expect any construction to start before 2019.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3008875
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2017, 06:34 PM   #1591
Applerecords

This kinda looks like the Tiananmen square. I wish they would build more tall buildings around the square that has storefronts facing the plaza. And if they're trying to dig a tunnel, what'll happen to the displays beneath the Sejong Statue and the subway station? At least I'm really glad that the Palace is finally getting the restoration it deserves after so many years.
Old June 1st, 2017, 04:49 AM   #1592
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1033

I would imagine that the infrastructure currently in place underneath Gwanghwamun will remain, as trying to move anything additional would just be that much more expensive and interruptive. I have to agree, though, that something will need to be done to actually make the square feel special. I was very unimpressed with Tiananmen Square specifically because it's really just a large, flat, paved/concrete area whose primary facet of interest is its size--which is hard to be impressed with specifically because it's mostly flat and featureless.

Undeniably, having such a large, pedestrian-exclusive area is conceptually appealing, but disallowing bicycles and making it purely pedestrian isn't ideal because it'll just take a long time to cross. Not that it doesn't now (obviously, the total area will remain the same with or without roads), but what seems to me to be the problem is still scale. With or without roads, Gwanghwamun is a large space, and to keep it interesting did and will still require that something is there other than a few statues.

At the same time, anything which might provide real interest could potentially distract from the point of the whole square--the views of Gyeongbokgung and Bukhansan.

I don't know; this is a difficult problem to deal with. Certainly, making it more pedestrian friendly is good, but they'll have to be very creative with balancing all these aspects of the redesign.

P.S. Issues of scale are exactly what bothers me about most Korean cities other than (but still including to a lesser extent) Seoul. A lot of older Korean streets and perfectly sized and designed for pedestrian-only or pedestrian and bicycle traffic, being narrow and winding. However, almost all of them permit cars, making them extremely hazardous; this, I think, is one of the reasons pedestrian traffic deaths are so high in Korea relative to most other developed countries. This auto-friendliness is bad for the environment--both by permitting that much more driving and by inducing more people to drive from A to B, instead of being multi-modal and walking/biking/mass transiting--and bad for people, by reducing walking. Considering how incredibly well setup much of urban Korea is for non-motorized travel, it drives me bonkers to see cars given so much rule of the road.

Last edited by aquaticko; June 1st, 2017 at 04:54 AM.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2017, 12:09 AM   #1593
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Gwangwhamun Park

The city (in coordination with the government) has just proposed to remove cars entirely at the street level from Sejong Avenue (also known as Gwangwhamun).

This has been a project that had been floated around for a few years, with talks of only taking the road away on the West side of the plaza, and have traffic go both way on the East side. I didn't like that project so much, because the balance of the avenue (with the statues, the Gwangwhamun gate) would have been lost. But now they'll have a tunnel underneath the park/square, and have street-level pedestrian only.

I think it's a good idea. The square as it stands right now is tough to access from my experience, with few pedestrian crossings, lots of concrete everywhere, and a lack of space. It seems like they're going for the expensive option, which is certainly interesting.

As part of the masterplan, they plan to rebuild the corner towers of the Gyeongbokgung Palace (right now only the East one exist), but it's cut off from the rest of the palace by a right turn street. The plan also involves the building of a Haetae statue (The mythological lion creature that is a symbol of Korea), and link the park to the Uijeongbu, which is being restored and was the Prime Minister's office during the Joseon Dynasty.

The detailed project will be finalized in late 2017, so I wouldn't expect any construction to start before 2019.

http://news1.kr/articles/?3008875

I like this project
This square might be use for "mass demonstration mob mecca place" but nonetheless this restore need for restore historical city of seoul

Seoul fire station administration HQ

gangnam circle high way 4 district u/c

copyright to http://www.pholar.co/post/1284855/10819107

Not seoul project but
Seoul-Incheon Int air port 2 terminal U/C
Almost completed
image upload no ads

this is shuttle which moving between old air port and new one

http://www.cnews.co.kr/uhtml/read.js...11511326080239

And SK government fast decision to begin another extension project of airport which name is Incheon airport 4 step U/C project
Cause this above 2 terminal is too small to accommodate air port needs

So we can see New wing terminal in above rendering official name is Air side
Today officially selected hanguk jonghab gysulwon selected as for design Air side

aquaticko, Munwon, kimahrikku1 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; June 2nd, 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 03:09 AM   #1594
inno4321

http://www.cnews.co.kr/uhtml/read.js...41004190690070
map http://naver.me/xVXsJlqI
sunambu water recycling facility
largest water recycling facility in asia
can recycle dirty water 1,630,000 ton per a day
apply to 9 district of seoul(my home town dirty water recycle in here)
too huge to short term u/c So divided 3 step u/c project
cost about 1 billions
over ground public park and open to citizens

woo e light rail transit's rail road install U/C
this light rail almost completed
people easily go to climb beautiful mountain Buckhansan by riding this train

http://m.cnews.co.kr/m_home/view.jsp...21716330030349

OLD MBC HQ redevelopment final public tender finish
10 consortium choose
this land direct behind Parc1 over 300m& IFC seoul's landmark
and commercial land so can built skyscraper and commercial mixed used building
So very competition
1.Hana consortium
2. SASMUNG C&T +Yo jin
3. Hyundai construction+Daesang
4. posco+hoban
total 10 consortium choose

Very interesting project cause land owner(MBC broadcasting) participated on this project
And finally MBC will return land price for LANDMARK TOWER!!
They asking landmark tower's detail scale as Parnas tower in gangnam
So consortium should give one Parnas tower scale building to MBC instead of land price!
Whichmean consortium should to built another 2 or 3 skyscraper beside MBC's portion!
So this project will built huge skyscraper cluster!
adult image upload

this is parnas tower over 183m

So MBC project's estimate height will be around 180m skyscraper and sub 3 tall building in there!!
Parnas tower's inside lobby hall one of best luxury quality ever i saw in seoul.
I never been sleep in any seoul hotel though.

aquaticko liked this post
Old June 3rd, 2017, 08:51 AM   #1595
inno4321

Seoul University Technology clinic center U/C
- 6 Level below ground
- hospital out patient clinic
- commercial mixed used

Beside this project
Seoul under design to built new total medical support center project too
- about $ 40 millions cost
- 18,836 ㎡ floor area
-10fl + 3 level below ground
- BUM architecture firm

Last edited by inno4321; June 9th, 2017 at 12:50 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2017, 05:55 PM   #1596
inno4321

20170602_105423 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170602_120600 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

HANWHA HQ remodeling

Munwon, Sister Ray liked this post
Old June 4th, 2017, 11:50 PM   #1597
inno4321

Yeiudo bridge expansion U/C
Expansion 8lane to 9lane
and built Pedestrian friendly bridge 240m length too
and sub Pedestrian friendly bridge which access to saec river

Old June 5th, 2017, 02:58 AM   #1598
inno4321

free upload pictures

http://view.asiae.co.kr/news/view.ht...60209314869802
http://www.newstomato.com/ReadNews.aspx?no=756748

Lotte chilsung Inc's stock rise up 3% in KOSDAQ due to site skyscraper project prepare news!!!

according to the report Lotte chilsung Inc's company total value just about $2 billions
but if project completed then lotte chilsung expect get $1~2 billions profit
Even though they donation public cash 40% profict from site's upgrade used for from 3 ordinary residence site to commercial into Seoul
Secho disitrictl is going to buried kyngbu high way underground with lotte chilsung's donation.

So far lotte chilsung keep quite about this project cause LWT 555m U/C ongoing
But LWT completed so situation changed.

In short we can see some amazing skyscraper behind SAMSUNG HQ
SAMSUNG need New HQ in SEOUL
If i'm CEO then Yongsan is best place
no contest

aquaticko, The seventh shape liked this post
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #1599
inno4321

Morphosis
http://blog.naver.com/leekwanyong/220932641262
KORONG R&D Center 코오롱 미래기술원 U/C ongoing

Magok botaniq park almost completed

GGJ16 liked this post
Old June 5th, 2017, 11:30 PM   #1600
inno4321

Above all photos copyright belong to 위 모든 사진들의 저작권과 출처는 ==> Seoul government 서울시
Mapo Oil Tank Cultural Place 마포석유비축기지 공원화
94%progress
This is just 1 step Seoul is going to begin another 2 step project which tank below huge empty space changed to Sangam DMC supporting facility.
When 1&2 project completed then total project floor area will be 146,245㎡! 11 times lager than Seoul Square

Tags
seoul