daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2017, 02:08 PM   #1681
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12442

definitely GS win cause first sky infinity pool in seoul!!

also they not look tacky but look gorgeous.

also hyundai proposal has 640 seat opera house inside apartment. so luxury.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2017, 03:10 PM   #1682
inno4321

I update TWO great HONGDAE Bank&cultural mixed used project!!
So gorgeous

HONGDAE Bank&cultural

KB BANK
KEB HANA BANK!! THESE TWO bank now u/c cultural bank in hongdae(my favorite place)

It is really pleasure to see Dirty building and street turn into New public open space!!!

Seoul everyday evolution day by day!!

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old September 6th, 2017, 05:30 PM   #1683
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

definitely GS win cause first sky infinity pool in seoul!!

also they not look tacky but look gorgeous.

also hyundai proposal has 640 seat opera house inside apartment. so luxury.
It's honestly hard to tell. I'm also going to side with the Hyundai development here, as well, but I'm not enthusiastic about either. They both look fairly cheap. The designs are quite flashy, which isn't necessarily bad, particularly considering how repetitive and dull too much of Seoul's architecture can be.

However, as kimahrikku said, flashy ends up looking tacky over time. By way of comparison, that MBC complex redevelopment in Yeouido is simple, but looks to be of very high quality (if built as rendered), so it'll look wonderful in 50 years time; it's timeless. These Sinbanpo developments are clearly of a time--and frankly, I think that time is already past us, i.e., these already look dated--and so will stop looking good at some point.

In any case, I'll hold my breath, but not deeply.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 03:27 AM   #1684
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6999

Seoul Upcycling Plaza

It opened last Tuesday. It's actually a bigger complex, with a park and a Water Management Science Museum. I visitied both of them on Sunday. To be honest, I don't care too much about upcycling, but the building was nice, and the neo-futurist Water Management Museum was nice as well. And Korean museums are usually very well designed and interactive, and this one was no exception.

The complex is located in the middle of the Jungnang Water Management Plant, so it's not exactly going to become a tourist hotplace

The first building below is the Upcycling one, and the second one is the Water Treatment Museum

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin...ML?input=1195m

http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2...arch.naver.com
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2017, 04:14 AM   #1685
kimahrikku1

Top 20 Urban Revitalization Spots of 2017

SMG has released a map of all the "Sights to See" in Seoul for this Fall season. But it's actually mostly done to promote urban development/regeneration projects which have (or are in the process of) opening. So no LWT for example, as it's commercial project.

They'll have a full website to promote the projects and where people can vote.
https://www.seoul20.com/

The map I got is ridiculously hard to read with the small prints, but I'll try anyway. So here you go:

I just noticed that the Chosun had a nice list of all he projects, so I followed the order set up in the article so that you can follow along with the pictures even if you don't speak Korean : http://danmee.chosun.com/site/data/h...091102083.html

- Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway Extension
- Oil Tank Cultural Park
- Yeouido Secret Bunker
- Han River Frigate Park
- Gyeongchun Line Forest Trail Phase 2
- 50+ Nambu Campus
- Sewing History Museum
- Seoul Botanical Garden
- Seoul City Science Museum
- Seoul Start-Up Hub
- Seoul Upcycling Center
- Seoul Water Treatment Science Museum
- Seoul Bio Hub
- Janganpyeong Automotive Industry Information Center
- Yangjae R&CD Innovation Park
- Seoul Innovation Park
- Seoullo 7017
- Doneuimun Village Museum
- Seoul Architecture Biennale
- Dasi Seun Project

http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRea...07&OutLnkChk=Y
Old September 12th, 2017, 03:17 PM   #1686
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
It's honestly hard to tell. I'm also going to side with the Hyundai development here, as well, but I'm not enthusiastic about either. They both look fairly cheap. The designs are quite flashy, which isn't necessarily bad, particularly considering how repetitive and dull too much of Seoul's architecture can be.

However, as kimahrikku said, flashy ends up looking tacky over time. By way of comparison, that MBC complex redevelopment in Yeouido is simple, but looks to be of very high quality (if built as rendered), so it'll look wonderful in 50 years time; it's timeless. These Sinbanpo developments are clearly of a time--and frankly, I think that time is already past us, i.e., these already look dated--and so will stop looking good at some point.

In any case, I'll hold my breath, but not deeply.

well
every one has their own beauty perspective so it is up to you.
but most seoul apartment project is boring&ugly design
But this luxury project is different.

not only shin banpo but also nearby other project too(eun ma etc)
Some apartment investment $ 96 millions for design.

So i believe high quality.

especially SIN BAN PO really expecting about sky water swimming pool called INFINITY POOL!!

ALSO It not look out date. I'm sure it still look attractive even time go

btw we will see either hyuinday or GS in shi ban po
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Seoul Upcycling Plaza

It opened last Tuesday. It's actually a bigger complex, with a park and a Water Management Science Museum. I visitied both of them on Sunday. To be honest, I don't care too much about upcycling, but the building was nice, and the neo-futurist Water Management Museum was nice as well. And Korean museums are usually very well designed and interactive, and this one was no exception.

The complex is located in the middle of the Jungnang Water Management Plant, so it's not exactly going to become a tourist hotplace

The first building below is the Upcycling one, and the second one is the Water Treatment Museum
]

Good but I think there are a lot of museum in seoul. too many museum.
meanwhile LIBRARY shortage.
Seoul must to built more library than museum.
If I'm seoul mayor then i would built WORLD HUGEST SCIENCE LIBRARY in Yongsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Top 20 Urban Revitalization Spots of 2017

SMG has released a map of all the "Sights to See" in Seoul for this Fall season. But it's actually mostly done to promote urban development/regeneration projects which have (or are in the process of) opening. So no LWT for example, as it's commercial project.

They'll have a full website to promote the projects and where people can vote.
https://www.seoul20.com/

The map I got is ridiculously hard to read with the small prints, but I'll try anyway. So here you go:

I just noticed that the Chosun had a nice list of all he projects, so I followed the order set up in the article so that you can follow along with the pictures even if you don't speak Korean : http://danmee.chosun.com/site/data/h...091102083.html

- Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway Extension
- Oil Tank Cultural Park
- Yeouido Secret Bunker
- Han River Frigate Park
- Gyeongchun Line Forest Trail Phase 2
- 50+ Nambu Campus
- Sewing History Museum
- Seoul Botanical Garden
- Seoul City Science Museum
- Seoul Start-Up Hub
- Seoul Upcycling Center
- Seoul Water Treatment Science Museum
- Seoul Bio Hub
- Janganpyeong Automotive Industry Information Center
- Yangjae R&CD Innovation Park
- Seoul Innovation Park
- Seoullo 7017
- Doneuimun Village Museum
- Seoul Architecture Biennale
- Dasi Seun Project
[/url]

GOOD INFORMATION
But 도새재생 to develop remodeling rather than demolish and huge project is
very negative for seoul.

I know there are some economical feasibility make choose "remodeling" but as far as possible demolish and huge develop is very need in seoul.(like Dubai or paris's remodeling is good for environmentally or economically cause they built on well design)
cause seoul built on chaos since korea war. so has Now most building built on without careful city plan.

moreover now left wing mayor and his supporter preference 도시재생.
they choose that not because city engineering reason but because political or ideological reason.

Seoul seem like "hippie cultural" dominated whole city.

Old September 12th, 2017, 06:11 PM   #1687
aquaticko

Haven't you, in the past, worried about Seoul's municipal debt? At least in regards to expanding social welfare programs in the city, I know you've brought it up before....

Redesigning and remodeling existing structures in the city is far cheaper than demolishing them and building something new. There's been plenty of that for a long time now, and it does strip the city of its character. Seoul's history is, as you say, chaotic and frenetic, not ordered and designed like Paris'. And how anyone could aspire to be like Dubai--nouveau riche carnival that it is--is beyond me.

Let Seoul be itself--it's a good place, certainly good enough to have its own identity and not have to demolish it and start anew.
Old September 12th, 2017, 06:47 PM   #1688
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Haven't you, in the past, worried about Seoul's municipal debt? At least in regards to expanding social welfare programs in the city, I know you've brought it up before....

Redesigning and remodeling existing structures in the city is far cheaper than demolishing them and building something new. There's been plenty of that for a long time now, and it does strip the city of its character. Seoul's history is, as you say, chaotic and frenetic, not ordered and designed like Paris'. And how anyone could aspire to be like Dubai--nouveau riche carnival that it is--is beyond me.

Let Seoul be itself--it's a good place, certainly good enough to have its own identity and not have to demolish it and start anew.

Paris built on waste and rubbish.
But they innovated by Demolish by Great leader.
People don;t know paris's underground still dirty waste buried below.
If they not demolish and redesign city then now Paris were still terrible&ugly.
Same London too.

All survived historical city have been Once experience great innovation by demolish and city redesign.
If Seoul want to survived as major global city in the future then Seoul must try innovation now. cause Seoul didn't experience any great innovation since 700 years ago.
Unless seoul will be remain as huge bed town city and old age citizens city.

In the eye of Seoulite who like me Seoul need huge develop n inovation.
for example there a lot of area still fire engine can't approach when fire accident in houses due to narrow road and chaotic old residence area.
We can't discuss beauty or charm without considering this problem. that is nonsense. It is not about "economy or debts something but about "LIFE QUALITY"!

Also seoul's debt no relation with demolish or huge project cause all of them investment by civil fund.
What I'm critic is Now Seoul government interrupt civil investment/develop due to "hippy culture dominated whole city"

Last edited by inno4321; September 12th, 2017 at 07:05 PM.
Old September 12th, 2017, 10:31 PM   #1689
aquaticko

Not all homes in Paris, London, or Tokyo can be reached by fire truck, either. I'm not sure if the sentiment will translate easily, but there is still something that it is like to be in those cities; the same is increasingly true of Seoul, too. I won't feed into this discussion anymore, other than to say what's already been said before.

Seoul has made it; it's a recognized global city by anyone who matters. Any further improvements on its desirability must take place at the social level--greater openness to all things and a less pressurized way of living. Any physical improvements will help, but won't really change the fate of the city (or the country as a whole, for that matter).
Old September 13th, 2017, 11:58 AM   #1690
inno4321

My home town install more public sharing bicycle!
20170614_145643 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170614_145656 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

Seoul public bicycle 따릉이

20170911_202304 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

New Seoul public bicycle is going to install my home town.
Actually now about 20 spot has Seoul public bicycle in my home town.
But they is going to installed more spot
ABOVE photo is new one in 시흥사거리
total 8 bicycles!!

Now I'm using this bicycle so very good!!
it is very convenient
No need to buying bicycle. 2 hours rent and infinity using possible if return every 2 hours

But very hard to ride in seoul due to cars and low infrastructure.
but my home town river side riding gorgeous!

I'm free round trip from my home to Parc1 of Yeiudo by this sharing system. 28km distance

https://www.bikeseoul.com:447/main.do?lang=en

aquaticko liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; September 13th, 2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old September 14th, 2017, 11:58 AM   #1691
kimahrikku1

Sewoon Again Project

Phase 1 of Sewoon Again Project (well actually it's not exactly phase 1, there's already some kind of incubator which they set up last year in the building) will open next Tuesday. As you know, Sewoon is this horizontal shopping mall built around 50 years ago in the middle of the city and across Cheonggyecheon. It was decrepited, and now it's getting a new life. I was fairly skeptical about this project, but looking at the pictures, I think it will be better than I expected. Once again, this is an urban regeneration project, so the scale (and pricetag) is smaller than other projects. Well, you be the judge. Contruction is not quite finished yet.

http://blog.naver.com/dahliakim/221096290966
Old September 21st, 2017, 02:12 PM   #1692
inno4321

http://realestate.daum.net/news/deta...70920220932765

LOTTE make infinity pool(Han river view) in seoul apartment

Old September 21st, 2017, 07:33 PM   #1693
inno4321

20170920_113619 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170920_113621 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

http://go.seoul.co.kr/news/newsView....20170829012016
20170920_125113 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170920_142046 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

aquaticko, Victoria123, Equario liked this post
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:01 AM   #1694
The seventh shape
Master of his domain

Likes (Received): 822

Seewon looks great so far. Colorful with nice walkways with good views. What are the other phases?
The seventh shape no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2017, 07:19 AM   #1695
inno4321

20170920_125247 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170920_125253 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170920_150835 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
20170920_150838 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

Victoria123 liked this post
Old September 23rd, 2017, 08:19 AM   #1696
inno4321

GS & HYUNDAI TWO great construction company CEO participated on Banpo 1 district redevelop project citizens conference.

Yesterday held apartment citizens conference.
at that time two CEO bow to 1000 citizens and asking choose them as U/C company

this project cost about 2.6 billion for civil apartment.

hyundai suggested
-$ 60 thousands for moving fee for each household.
-indoor plant museum
-indoor ice rink(first time in sk)
-slide building arrange for as possible as more house can river view

Meanwhile hyundai suggested
-TWO infinity sky pool(Han river view) at 35fl top roof& 2 kid pool too
-and center circulate air purified system
-Hugest single sky bridge
-far distance among each building for the purposed to make open space.

http://land.hankyung.com/news/app/ne...092257881&nv=3

Last edited by inno4321; September 23rd, 2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old September 24th, 2017, 02:16 AM   #1697
inno4321

HYUNDAI construction company do best effort for $10 billions civil apartment project!

Banpo jugong 1 district's total project cost $ 10 billions!
-U/C cost about 2.3 billions
-Removing cost about 3.4 billions
-Middle loan 3.7 billions
-And U/C company's guarantee fee plus
total $ 10 billions!

Seoul class

http://www.cnews.co.kr/uhtml/read.js...81115571810497

Old September 24th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #1698
inno4321

20170920_143941 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
SAEMUNAN CHURCH
새문안교회

20170920_144544 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
ridiculous city revived
20170920_144547 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서
not demolish but remodeling so ugly
20170920_144552 by Inno Inno, Flickr에서

too bad

Munwon liked this post
Old September 25th, 2017, 06:15 AM   #1699
cestlavie24

Likes (Received): 682

That church cunstructing is very slow
cestlavie24 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2017, 07:26 AM   #1700
kimahrikku1

Novotel Ambassador

I don't think this has been reported here, but there's a nice new Novotel Ambassador (Accor Group) opening soon in 2018 near DDP, more precisely on the former site of KT's Euljiro Offices.

The building looks quite nice and it will be 20 floor tall, so I thought it would be great to report it.

http://conpaper.tistory.com/40977

Construction status as of August:

http://map.daum.net/

Tags
seoul