daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Tampa Bay Area

Tampa Bay Area Includes Pasco, Hernando, and Citrus Counties » Transportation and Infrastructure

Old December 21st, 2009, 01:07 AM   #41
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Likes (Received): 613

Yeah, that will be much appreciated too. That program currently uses the old Human Services Building, which is an outdated load of junk. The Library, University Lecture Hall, Behavioral Sciences, and the Social Sciences buildings are all very old as well.

I had one of my classes in the C.W. Young Hall (the Military Sciences/Leadership/ROTC building) that building is pretty neat too. Fairly new as well.
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
HARTride 2012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 21st, 2009, 02:13 AM   #42
smiley

Likes (Received): 82

While there have been some improvements, that entire campus is laid out really poorly. For whatever stupid reason, they decided to build the main core in the middle of a huge lot, detached from anything else around it - ensuring it is a driving campus.
I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 01:12 AM   #43
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

That's definitely true.
HARTride 2012 | Please visit my website: Public Transit As Told By HARTride 2012 - Public Transit told from a unique perspective! - Tampa Bay, New York City, Hampton Roads, Europe | Follow me on Twitter | "Like" my page on Facebook
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:59 AM   #44
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Inside the "newer" business building...the older one stinks...
Old December 22nd, 2009, 09:50 PM   #45
tampasteve

Likes (Received): 136

Ha, the new business building is great; wish I could have had classes in it. I went there when it was still the old ant hill. The auditorium was literally falling apart. I remember taking a class there where the professor required you to be in your assigned seat for exams. Unfortunately my assigned seat was missing the actual seat...it had a back and arms on the chair, but no seat bottom....he let me move to another seat once the exams started, but I was required to stand or crouch in the hole until the start.

The other "nice" buildings at the time were education and communications. I usually used the computer labs in the education building. They were by far the nicest, also they were open most often and you could usually get a seat with no problems. The science building, Cooper Hall, and the art buildings were in desperate need of updates, and the Marshal Center was in serious need of a change, which of course it has received.

I have to say that while things are spread apart it is really not that bad. It has allowed several infill projects that have helped to unify the campus, especially with housing. All in all I found it was not a problem to leave my car in one lot all day while I had classes in a variety of buildings.

Steve

"My badger's gonna unleash hell on your ass. Badgertastic!"
tampasteve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 11:59 PM   #46
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampasteve View Post
Ha, the new business building is great; wish I could have had classes in it. I went there when it was still the old ant hill. The auditorium was literally falling apart. I remember taking a class there where the professor required you to be in your assigned seat for exams. Unfortunately my assigned seat was missing the actual seat...it had a back and arms on the chair, but no seat bottom....he let me move to another seat once the exams started, but I was required to stand or crouch in the hole until the start.

The other "nice" buildings at the time were education and communications. I usually used the computer labs in the education building. They were by far the nicest, also they were open most often and you could usually get a seat with no problems. The science building, Cooper Hall, and the art buildings were in desperate need of updates, and the Marshal Center was in serious need of a change, which of course it has received.

I have to say that while things are spread apart it is really not that bad. It has allowed several infill projects that have helped to unify the campus, especially with housing. All in all I found it was not a problem to leave my car in one lot all day while I had classes in a variety of buildings.

Steve
Interesting stories there Steve. Yeah, I just park my car and take the Bull Runner around campus and then walk to my classes.
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM   #47
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Just realized my camera can take black and white photos too

more to come...

Last edited by HARTride 2012; January 20th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:56 AM   #48
JBrisco
USF Architecture Student

Likes (Received): 5

You took the same pictures I took today. Just mine are in color
JBrisco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:14 AM   #49
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

I only realized that my digital camera can take b/w photos a few days ago. And I've had my camera since 2006. So I decided to take photos of USF buildings and such in color and b/w. I even took two b/w photos of my friend.

Last edited by HARTride 2012; January 22nd, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM   #50
Casey

Likes (Received): 35

BTW, there are now TWO tower cranes at the construction site of the new 8-story Interdisciplinary Science Building, next to the administration building. The first tower cranes I've ever seen on campus.
Casey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:25 PM   #51
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

I would have to say the same, though I could have sworn I saw one by the Kiran Patel Center, which is also u/c, by Fowler
Old January 22nd, 2010, 02:59 AM   #52
smiley

Likes (Received): 82

Hey, this isn't too desolate looking. . . . Alec, I'd like to buy a tree . . . .

I contain multitudes.

I don't pretend 'cause I don't care.
smiley no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM   #53
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Yeah, not alot of trees there lol

At least the building is real nice. I had my Geography class in that building.

OH! And it was paid for by TAXPAYER DOLLARS! YAY TO ACADEMIC PORK!
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:10 PM   #54
JBrisco
USF Architecture Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTride 2012 View Post
OH! And it was paid for by TAXPAYER DOLLARS! YAY TO ACADEMIC PORK!
Not to be annoying but we pay taxes on ALL schools, all public universities in the state, and community colleges.
Your Elementary School, Your Middle School, Your High School, Your Community College, and USF were all built with Florida Tax Payer Money (unless you went to a private school)
The same for the Bright Futures Scholarships, I'm getting to go to school for cheap because of taxes on the lottery.

There are much worse things our Tax Payer money is going that are actually worth complaining about

Last edited by JBrisco; January 22nd, 2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 06:45 PM   #55
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrisco View Post
Not to be annoying but we pay taxes on ALL schools, all public universities in the state, and community colleges.
Your Elementary School, Your Middle School, Your High School, Your Community College, and USF were all built with Florida Tax Payer Money (unless you went to a private school)
The same for the Bright Futures Scholarships, I'm getting to go to school for cheap because of taxes on the lottery.

There are much worse things our Tax Payer money is going that are actually worth complaining about
true.

What I was specifically pointing out though is the CWY building has many things that most USF students do not get to see. They are only there for the ROTC students and instructors. Those things are situated in Levels 3 and 4 of the building.

You can see my complete album here: http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x...20and%20white/

I'll likely be adding some more photos there next week.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 07:09 PM   #56
TampAGS
Bungalow-life

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Inside the "newer" business building...the older one stinks...
Lol... back when I started school at USF, the "older" business building was considered "newer". It was one of the buildings they boasted about on campus tours, etc.

Of course, given its competition on campus at the time, the boasting wasn't entirely unjustified.

Wow.. suddenly I feel
TampAGS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2010, 10:12 PM   #57
JBrisco
USF Architecture Student

Quote:
true.

What I was specifically pointing out though is the CWY building has many things that most USF students do not get to see.
Oh I gotcha, but that happens a lot
I wonder who paid for that TV that is ALWAYS off in the lobby I'd be mad about that if it was tax payer money
Old January 22nd, 2010, 11:34 PM   #58
HARTride 2012
Tampa Bay Area Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampAGS View Post
Lol... back when I started school at USF, the "older" business building was considered "newer". It was one of the buildings they boasted about on campus tours, etc.

Of course, given its competition on campus at the time, the boasting wasn't entirely unjustified.

Wow.. suddenly I feel
I'm sure that was the case. Of course I hear conflicting views about why the so called "anthill" was even constructed as it was.

The College of Business heads will tell you it was due to the environmentalists, yet many ROTC students will tell you it was due to the cold war.

I guess it was just a very interesting time in the 70s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrisco View Post
Oh I gotcha, but that happens a lot
I wonder who paid for that TV that is ALWAYS off in the lobby I'd be mad about that if it was tax payer money
I wonder about that too I'm sure it was a university expense though.

But yeah, like I said the CWY building has many things that you will likely never see unless you're like me and befrend an ROTC student. Levels 3 & 4 are completely restricted to ROTC students and instructors.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 04:46 AM   #59
kevinkagy

Likes (Received): 1024

The student union building looks amazing! I love it!
Old January 23rd, 2010, 05:04 AM   #60
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 381

The Marshall Student Center is very nice, espicially in person.

Is the Science Building the one being constructed down the street from the Marshall Center?