SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NCT's Shanghai Series - Off the beaten path

12K views 39 replies 12 participants last post by  gambler21 
#1 · (Edited)
NCT's Shanghai Series - Off the beaten path (Zhongshan Park, Thames Town, Hongqiao Hub ...)

After the usual dose of The Bund, Lujiazui, Xintiandi and whatnot, I thought It's time to see some of the other faces of Shanghai.

First off, Zhongshan Park, a fairly recent business district in west central Shanghai that took off as a result of the Metro Interchange. In the areas surrounding there are a lot of high-rise apartment blocks.

Changning Road is the main thoroughfare cutting through the CBD.

See less See more
#2 ·
Suning Electricals

Entrance to Zhongshan Park Station (Line 2)

Some office towers ...

Cloud Nine Shopping Mall, with another Metro entrance

Cloud Nine is currently the biggest shopping centre of Zhongshan Park.

Not unlike many others, there is an office tower to go with it. My cousin says it looks like a banana ...

#4 ·
The back end of the the CBD houses some non-descript old blocks of flats. It seems in some places ground subsidence has been fairly substantial.

Suzhou Creek runs along the north-end of Zhongshan Park (the park itself)

Alas, disabled access is still an afterthought

Doubling back. The elevated bit is the tracks for lines 3 and 4, which make an interchange with line 2 at Zhongshan Park.

Outside Zhongshan Park Station (Line 3 and 4)

A footbridge linking the station to Cloud Nine

#12 ·

British-style housing stock

Apprently this development incorporated British urban planning best practices

They've used Zebra crossing street furnature without really understanding what a zebra crossing is for, and definitely forgot to lowever the curb for wheelchair users

Security gate - extremely un-British

The only thing remotely British is the weather.

#16 ·
Living in that "British town" must be very expensive, am I right? I mean, it's gated and it seems to offer a "village atmosphere" in an extremely hectic city known for its skyline. Do you know roughly how far this "British town" is from People's Square?

Nice pics! :)

EDIT: About 34 km, according to Google Maps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.