daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 24th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #61
CiudadanoDelMundo
Ahí vamos pa´lante

Likes (Received): 3

One single argentinian stadium have more history and pedigree than all stadiums from certain countries (whose forumers come here to complain and throw shit about them) put together. Respect!

Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #62
DocentX

Likes (Received): 2187

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER View Post
Just look at the stadiums.. They are old, ugly and uncomfortable. The playing fields are horrible and poorly lit. The copa America stadiums are, by far, the worst that I have seen in a while. The field of La Plata is half dirt and half sod, the game between Paraguay and Brasil proved that.
Have to agree with that - don't get me wrong - I love Argentina and Argentinian football (I visited your country this year - great place), but most of the stadiums are old and ugly. Argentina deserves much better arenas.
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #63
20v
20v

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocentX View Post
Have to agree with that - don't get me wrong - I love Argentina and Argentinian football (I visited your country this year - great place), but most of the stadiums are old and ugly. Argentina deserves much better arenas.
Its not good to say but tht is the true
20v no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #64
adeaide

Likes (Received): 1403

3~4 place match

Peru : Venezuela 4:1
adeaide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #65
adeaide

Final

Uruguay : Paraguay 3:0
Old July 25th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #66
adeaide

Old July 25th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #67
adeaide

Old July 25th, 2011, 12:33 PM   #68
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

the most boring copa america seen

-ugly stadium
-disapointing traditional big teams
-level of play ridiculous (just in the continuation of last world cup in south africa )

i don't know who is the next country to organize but i hope players will take it more seriously.

Brazil is the only one who can give true stadiums to this competition.
Mexico unfortunately can't organize it due to their participation to concacaf.

None of all matches excited me . A sad future for this competiton if we have the same poor spectacle.

Thakfully the asian market shows interest for every thing related to football, then money continues to come but i'm not sure europeans TV will want to pay for this .
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #69
CiudadanoDelMundo
Ahí vamos pa´lante

Thankfully your biased opinion means less than nothing to people. Well done Argentina, and see you in Brazil 2015.

Last edited by CiudadanoDelMundo; July 25th, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
CiudadanoDelMundo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #70
Dan Caumo

Likes (Received): 6552

The stadiums of Argentina of course were below similar competitions, but I think the situation about the Copa America is not much about it, but the system, it's not really a Cup with 12 teams. A better Copa America would be possible just if CONCACAF and CONMEBOL come together with a really whole America's Cup, more candidates for host the tournament, so better proposals, and at least 16 teams during the championship.
Dan Caumo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:26 PM   #71
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

+1 agree with you!!

merge north & south and you have a better competition.
Old July 26th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #72
cuitron

Likes (Received): 0

-disapointing traditional big teams?????????????????????????????????????

URUGUAY TIENE 15 COPAS AMERICA!!! EL MAS GANADOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,EL MEJOR DE LA HISTORIA ELIMINO AL LOCAL ARGENTINA....ASI QUE....DISAPOINTING TRADITIONAL BIG TEAMS??????????????? MAS RESPETO!!!! Y LO DIGO CON ORGULLO EN CASTELLANO!
cuitron no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 05:02 AM   #73
MS20

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
the most boring copa america seen

-ugly stadium
-disapointing traditional big teams
-level of play ridiculous (just in the continuation of last world cup in south africa )

i don't know who is the next country to organize but i hope players will take it more seriously.

Brazil is the only one who can give true stadiums to this competition.
Mexico unfortunately can't organize it due to their participation to concacaf.

None of all matches excited me . A sad future for this competiton if we have the same poor spectacle.

Thakfully the asian market shows interest for every thing related to football, then money continues to come but i'm not sure europeans TV will want to pay for this .
Axel you take it too far sometimes.

a) What other Copa America has had significantly better stadiums than this? Outside of Brazil, which is only now undergoing a renaissance, there is no country in South America with a set of stadiums comparably to an England or Germany.

b) Uruguay are as big a team in South America as they come. After all, they have just won the Copa which puts above Argentina in number of wins. And you clearly didn't watch the matches because Brazil, Argentina and Colombia all dominated their quarter finals in which they were knocked out. They were just lacking the final touch (and luck in the penalties) to make the tournament take an entirely different direction to the one it did.

c) Level of play is down to personal opinion, but I wouldn't say it was horrible. Some boring games, some excellent games. You always get that.

Quote:
The next Copa America in 2015 will be held in Brazil. And the Copa IS now being taken seriously, because its seen as a preamble to the World Cup qualification phase. So it's a perfect opportunity for teams to test themselves; this was not always the case.

Quote:
The tournament has been around longer than any continental tournament in the world, and will continue to progress and prosper. A sad future only in your mind.

Quote:
What? This tournament is for South Americans. Not Asians, not Europeans, not Africans. First and foremost its a tournament for South Americans. The rest is a cherry on top; if they're interested good, if not who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
+1 agree with you!!

merge north & south and you have a better competition.
Will never happen for a variety of reasons.

All in all, ignorant post. Attendances at this Copa were probably the best in a long time. Not only that but the game got a major boost in Venezuela (the only country in SA where football is number 2) with their run. A success all round really.
MS20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #74
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2448

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS20 View Post
Will never happen for a variety of reasons.
Actually there's a good chance that Copa America and the Gold Cup will merge.
slipperydog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #75
MS20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
Actually there's a good chance that Copa America and the Gold Cup will merge.
There really isn't. CONMEBOL and CONCACAF would have to merge - and there is virtually zero chance of that happening as things stand. Obviously a merged confederation would have far reaching benefits for all members, but politically there is no hope.

Unless of course you have links to support your claim. I'm all ears.
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:06 PM   #76
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2448

Quote:
There really isn't. CONMEBOL and CONCACAF would have to merge - and there is virtually zero chance of that happening as things stand. Obviously a merged confederation would have far reaching benefits for all members, but politically there is no hope.
This is simply incorrect, where are you getting this? FIFA is willing to look at a combined competition, but still allowing the confederations to keep their autonomy. It's no secret that Leoz has wanted to host the competition in North America.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/los-...342420?cc=3888
slipperydog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #77
Dan Caumo

Likes (Received): 6552

CONMEBOL and CONCACAF don't need to merge to make an America's Cup, why do you think that? Both confederations could have this championship in common, but they would still have separated qualification competitions, it would be interesting for both confederations.
Dan Caumo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #78
CiudadanoDelMundo
Ahí vamos pa´lante

Quote:
All in all, ignorant post. Attendances at this Copa were probably the best in a long time. Not only that but the game got a major boost in Venezuela (the only country in SA where football is number 2) with their run. A success all round really.
Old July 27th, 2011, 05:07 AM   #79
MS20

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperydog View Post
This is simply incorrect, where are you getting this? FIFA is willing to look at a combined competition, but still allowing the confederations to keep their autonomy. It's no secret that Leoz has wanted to host the competition in North America.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/los-...342420?cc=3888
Ok, I'll retract my statement that they need to be merged, didn't know. I don't read Spanish, so you'll have to sum up what you just posted.

I would love to see a combined Copa America, but there is simply no evidence that this is going to happen anytime within the next decade (unless that article you posted actually says otherwise). I can't find one piece of evidence to show that serious plans are being put into place.

As far as I know, Brazil is hosting 2015, and Chile is probably in line to host 2019.
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:20 AM   #80
JYDA

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Ok, I'll retract my statement that they need to be merged, didn't know. I don't read Spanish, so you'll have to sum up what you just posted.

I would love to see a combined Copa America, but there is simply no evidence that this is going to happen anytime within the next decade (unless that article you posted actually says otherwise). I can't find one piece of evidence to show that serious plans are being put into place.

As far as I know, Brazil is hosting 2015, and Chile is probably in line to host 2019.
The combined tournament is a very real proposition. Both CONCACAF and CONMEBOL executives have been discussing it.

Report: CONCACAF Request Entry Into The Copa America
The CONCACAF head has revealed that his federation were seeking to create a 16-team mixed 'Copa Americas'.
By Daniel Edwards
Oct 6, 2010 10:14:00 AM

The 2015 Copa America could for the first time include the entire American continent, after North American governing body CONCACAF made a formal request to FIFA to be included in the South American tournament.

Under preliminary proposals, six North and Central American teams would join the 10 CONMEBOL members in the cup, which could be renamed the Copa Americas. Currently teams such as Mexico and the United States have participated in the Copa, but only in a highly controversial guest role.

CONCACAF head Chuck Blazer confirmed in an interview with Sports Illustrated that the idea had been considered for a long time in the organization, but that this was the first time it had been officially approved and put forward. The official however also stated that the economic interests of North American sides would also have to be protected.

“Other configurations might lend themselves to being possible,” he said. “Economic parameters would need to be met. The Gold Cup is the main source of revenue to support the youth programs and competitions that we do. If we did [a Copa Americas], we would have to see how it would replace what currently exists.”

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1616/...e-copa-america
JYDA no está en línea   Reply With Quote