daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 4th, 2002, 02:55 AM   #181
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 28

when will the expansion start??

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2002, 11:06 PM   #182
hypermount

Likes (Received): 22

Attention KLites, I have a question to ask. Can we use the KLIA express just to go the the airport for sightseeing? Or it's forbidden?

Moto BARISAN NASIONAL: "United we stand, united we fall".

Moto PAKATAN RANJANG: "United we stand, you fall yourself lah".
hypermount no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2002, 04:14 AM   #183
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1830

Yes you could. In fact they have a package for sight-seeing which is cheaper.
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2002, 04:42 AM   #184
TYW

How cheap is cheap?? RM30??

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
Old November 6th, 2002, 11:21 AM   #185
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

can we also see putrajaya??
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2002, 03:04 AM   #186
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

I do not remember the price.....If I m not mistaken it should be RM25 per trip.....I am not too sure.

Baq > Wanna see Putrajaya? You belanja me dinner (which is cheaper than ERL fare) ....I will give you a guided tour.... Anyway there is an ERL station (integrated with Putrajaya Monorail) at Precinct 7, Putrajaya.
Old November 7th, 2002, 09:44 AM   #187
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

Sure lah...at food court
now puasa hehe
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2002, 10:43 AM   #188
TYW

Baq, u going to KL??

Old November 7th, 2002, 12:37 PM   #189
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

wait till u puasa finish. ......food court also can......must be Putrajaya, KLCC or Food [email protected] Midvalley
Old November 7th, 2002, 08:59 PM   #190
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

These are the KLIA Ekspres fares:

Standard Single Trip : RM35 (Adult)
RM15 (Child 2-12 yrs)

Standard Return Trip : RM65 (Adult)
RM25 (Child 2-12 yrs)

Senior Citizen : RM25 (Single)
(M'sian, 55 years & above)

Meeter & Sender Return : RM50 (Adult)
RM20 (Child 2-12 yrs)
(Return within 6 hours)

Frequent Flyer : RM315 for 10 trips
(Valid for 9 months only)

KLIA Ekspres is for airport travellers with no stops in between.

Meanwhile KLIA Transit is for travellers whom wish to stop at the all station along the way (Bandar Tasik Selatan, Salak Tinggi, Putrajaya, KLIA and KL Sentral). It has different fares for each stops and boarding.

below is the fare table for KLIA Transit:

Old November 8th, 2002, 06:47 AM   #191
Pablo
Jian Fa

Likes (Received): 3

I stilll think that the cost is too height
Old November 8th, 2002, 10:23 AM   #192
TYW

so, i can cheat by saying i'm below 12

Old November 8th, 2002, 10:31 AM   #193
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

The cost might be high to Malaysians but if you compare it with any other airport-rail link, ERL is actually very cheap. This is based on my personal experience and also knowledge on other rail services like those of HK, Heathrow, Gatwick and Sydney......
Old November 9th, 2002, 02:29 PM   #194
TYW

Quote:
Originally posted by szehoong
The cost might be high to Malaysians but if you compare it with any other airport-rail link, ERL is actually very cheap. This is based on my personal experience and also knowledge on other rail services like those of HK, Heathrow, Gatwick and Sydney......
everything overseas are expensive. wonder how they survive. maybe their pay is high too.

Old November 13th, 2002, 02:26 PM   #195
Kevinkhoo1986

Likes (Received): 1

got subang airport.. KL airport..
when the Klang airport will built???
this is the most successful thread in this side i think... 10 pages??
Old November 14th, 2002, 11:31 PM   #196
TYW

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevinkhoo1986
got subang airport.. KL airport..
when the Klang airport will built???
this is the most successful thread in this side i think... 10 pages??
wow, will there be so many airports??

10 pages, a few pages back front is very off topic!

Old February 18th, 2003, 12:56 PM   #197
Stef_Springfield

Likes (Received): 0

i just visited KLIA last month. i realized that KLIA is very quiet, not as busy as other airports at US. The design is super cool and futuristic, i consider KLIA as the best airport in the world. Partly because i am the malaysian too. anyway, i had a bad experience at LAX when i was on my way back to Missouri (last month). the line for student visa entry is terribly long and i missed 2 flights at the same day because i have to queue up for 2 & half hours line. and, i spent like 40 hours from KLIA to St. Louis, US... well, i talked too much of my stories. can anyone tell me who is the designer/architect of the KLIA? i might go back to malaysia on May. I just like KLIA.. so nice..
Stef_Springfield no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:25 AM   #198
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Stef_Springfield </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>i just visited KLIA last month. i realized that KLIA is very quiet, not as busy as other airports at US. The design is super cool and futuristic, i consider KLIA as the best airport in the world. Partly because i am the malaysian too. anyway, i had a bad experience at LAX when i was on my way back to Missouri (last month). the line for student visa entry is terribly long and i missed 2 flights at the same day because i have to queue up for 2 & half hours line. and, i spent like 40 hours from KLIA to St. Louis, US... well, i talked too much of my stories. can anyone tell me who is the designer/architect of the KLIA? i might go back to malaysia on May. I just like KLIA.. so nice..</td></tr>
</table>

Welcome to the forum!

KLIA's architect is Dr. Kishyo Kurokawa (sp?). You're welcome to join the Malaysian forum located within the Asian forum at the main page......
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:36 AM   #199
Pablo
Jian Fa

Likes (Received): 3

<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by Stef_Springfield </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>i just visited KLIA last month. i realized that KLIA is very quiet, not as busy as other airports at US. The design is super cool and futuristic, i consider KLIA as the best airport in the world. Partly because i am the malaysian too. anyway, i had a bad experience at LAX when i was on my way back to Missouri (last month). the line for student visa entry is terribly long and i missed 2 flights at the same day because i have to queue up for 2 & half hours line. and, i spent like 40 hours from KLIA to St. Louis, US... well, i talked too much of my stories. can anyone tell me who is the designer/architect of the KLIA? i might go back to malaysia on May. I just like KLIA.. so nice..</td></tr>
</table>

hai welcome..

yeah we got a new member who is from johor bahru...hehe can c more jb pic liao
Old February 24th, 2003, 10:49 AM   #200
TYW

wow never thought this thread will be resurected

BTW, welcome, Stef_Springfield

Tags
airport, airports, klia, kuala lumpur, malaysia, south asian hub airport