daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2014, 06:46 PM   #2241
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 893

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgWay View Post
Its a die and dont do die situation...KLIA2 is also a political vanity project for some of the politicians, opening it later than the May deadline would be unpopular after they failed to open it in June 2013 as part of an election promise.

I believe the extra walkalators are a new additin rather than a delayed feature.mmeaning at the deisgn stagen they thought four walkalators would be enough...but looking at skytrax reviews and public feedback..the lack of walkalators is a big issue.

To future builders of hybrid airpirts.....just provide lots of walkalators .
yes there is constant complaints even on the newspaper

http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/Letters/...ssengerfriendly

The Star
September 3, 2014
KLIA2 not passenger-friendly

I HAD the opportunity to pass through KLIA2 recently. This was my second time. The first was when it was newly opened and I gave it the benefit of doubt that things will take time to settle down.

I do travel a lot but I don’t use KLIA2 most of the time. This time I had a bit of time and took the trouble to look around and see the layout of the airport and its functionality, the passenger flow and where the various facilities were located.

I also took the trouble to go to various levels to look at the flow and convenience.

After looking at all the facilities, the check-in and boarding the plane and also when I returned, and on coming out to get a taxi which was an experience by itself.

My conclusion is that this is the worst designed airport I have been in and it is not passenger-friendly.

The children and the elderly were not taken into consideration when designing the airport. More importance was given to the business outlets than the convenience of passengers.

I am not sure about the final bill for this, but as a taxpayer like the rest of the silent majority, I would like an independent enquiry into the people responsible for the design approval and project management.

DR AMEEN

Petaling Jaya

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/Letters/...ctions-lacking/

The Star
September 5, 2014
Directions lacking

I WAS a first timer yesterday at KLIA2 and I concur with what Dr Ameen said in “KLIA2 not passenger friendly” (The Star, Sept 3).

After I bought my taxi coupon I tried finding Exit No 5 as directed by the ticket counter but couldn’t find it.

I took Exit No 3 and to my dismay there were no taxis there only rows of buses.

I asked some guys with walkie-talkies for directions but none could help.

The design of the KLIA2 is certainly not friendly at all.

EDWARD

Miri, Sarawak

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.thestar.com.my/Opinion/Letters/...IA2-taxi-stand/

The Star
September 3, 2014
Horrible experience at KLIA2 taxi stand

I HAD an unpleasant experience using the taxi service at KLIA2 on Saturday after flying in from Bandung, Indonesia.

My wife and I headed to the taxi coupon counter. We had three cabin-sized bags and a golf set.

The directional signs to the counter were poor. The lift to Level 1 where the counter was located was hidden behind under-construction hoarding of two shops.

Two types of taxi service were offered at the counter – budget taxis and metered taxis.

The clerk asked for the destination, collected payment and issued the ticket. We were at the taxi pick-up area at about 4.30pm. What happened next was something usually seen in a Third-World country.

The first driver refused to accept the ticket and claimed that the bags would not fit into the boot. We were passed on to a second taxi.

The “marshall” then appeared and yelled that I should have purchased a “limo” ticket. His lack of manners and abundance of abusive body language was clear.

It was a “you go back and buy a limo ticket or no go” situation. This was despite the fact that there was no “limo” taxi option displayed at the ticket counter.

I stood my ground and had all the luggage loaded into the boot without difficulty. It is about time the relevant authorities take note of this problem and resolve it.

DR STEVEN CHOW

Kuala Lumpur

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2014, 07:05 AM   #2242
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

is that the low cost airline airport?
Old September 8th, 2014, 06:27 AM   #2243
ScuderiaVincero
Resident racing fanatic

Likes (Received): 904

I think the word you're looking for is Terminal, but yes, it was built to cater to low cost carriers.
georgiaame
Will Etihad do a bacon sandwich for that price? I didn't think so.

tullamarine I don't think Etihad (or Emirates for that matter) will do a bacon sandwich at any price!!! Qantas customers on Sydney/Melbourne-London lost bacon from the breakfast menu following the Emirates alliance.

BaconButty I finally understand the true horrors of globalization.
ScuderiaVincero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2014, 05:53 PM   #2244
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

[IMG]http://i60.************/fm2t5d.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Malay...8H6/2498277/L/

Iggis, shakman, ILM liked this post
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2014, 03:11 AM   #2245
love-qatar

Likes (Received): 562

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScuderiaVincero View Post
I think the word you're looking for is Terminal, but yes, it was built to cater to low cost carriers.
it looks nice anyway
Old September 17th, 2014, 12:23 PM   #2246
patchay

Likes (Received): 1521

British Airways resumes daily flights between KL-London in May 2015
The Edge Malaysia | Wednesday 17 September 2014
http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/busin...g_QbJs.twitter

KUALA LUMPUR (Sept 17): British Airways will resume daily direct flights from Kuala Lumpur to London from May 27, 2015, after the suspension of the route 13 years ago.

Jamie Cassidy, British Airways’ area general manager for the Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa said now is the “right time” to revive the route due to strong customer demand.

There are 450,000 people travelling between the UK and Kuala Lumpur, as well as 20,000 Malaysian students studying in the UK, which is a huge market for the airline, he told a press conference here today.

Cassidy said lots of developments have happened since 2001 when British Airways suspended the route due to slow demand after 9/11 incident.

“We recognised the world economy is increasingly moving to the East, hence the Asia Pacific region will be more and more important to the global aviation industry,” he added.

Cassidy also said British Airways, as a ‘Oneworld’ member like Malaysian Airline System Bhd (MAS), will “cooperate and compete” with the latter.

He cited the example of Cathay Pacific, the founder of the Oneworld airline alliance, which also competes with British Airways for the Hong Kong route.

The British Airways’ daily direct flights between London and Kuala Lumpur will depart from Kuala Lumpur at 11.05pm local time and arrives at London at 5.25am the next morning, while the flight from Heathrow Terminal 5 will depart at 8.15pm, to arrive at Kuala Lumpur at 4pm the next day.

The ticket will be on sale at 5pm today. All-inclusive return fares start from RM3,696 for World Traveller economy class, RM5,390 for World Traveller Plus premium economy class, RM15,264 for Club World business class and RM29,658 for First class.

Cassidy also noted that the Malaysian Airport Holdings Bhd (MAHB) has been giving a lot of assistance to enable the airline to revive this route.

MAHB has been trying to woo British Airways and Australia’s Qantas Airways to come back to Malaysia.

PATCHAY | Website | Facebook | Flickr | Twitter | Instagram | Foursquare
patchay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 05:20 AM   #2247
Alphaville

Likes (Received): 375

I'm doubtful that Qantas will fly again from an Australian airport into KL - as nice as it would be to see it. Simply, we are very well serviced. Melbourne and Sydney both have Air Asia, Malaysia Airlines and Emirates linking them into KL. No way Qantas would enter competition there - especially given MAS and EK are partners of QF. However, I could see Jetstar Australia giving it a try - but again, would they be willing to compete with Air Asia?
Alphaville no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2014, 06:11 AM   #2248
zkydzy

Likes (Received): 17

beautiful terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
KLIA2
[IMG]http://i57.************/vwphcz.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thai-...216/2482961/L/

firoz bharmal, shakman, passat1717 liked this post
zkydzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #2249
archilover

Likes (Received): 3193

impressive low cost airport!really gigantic!
archilover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2014, 01:18 PM   #2250
EPA001

Likes (Received): 5843

It is anything but low-cost. it is a terrific airport, just as KLIA-1.
"Atheism is more than just the knowledge that Gods do not exist, and that religion is either a mistake or a fraud. Atheism is an attitude, a frame of mind that looks at the world objectively, fearlessly, always trying to understand all things as a part of nature" - Carl Sagan
EPA001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #2251
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by archilover View Post
impressive low cost airport!really gigantic!
The terminal was specifically designed & constructed for AirAsia, however it's far from being a LCC Terminal... The Terminal blows Australian airports out of the water...
Old September 28th, 2014, 12:27 PM   #2252
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4387

World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #2253
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11286

Next Generation Hub - KLIA2

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/15425076091

https://www.flickr.com/photos/georgetravels/6810377918

https://www.flickr.com/photos/achillifamily/9720569142

Munwon liked this post
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #2254
World 2 World

KLIA bags ‘Large Airport of the Year’ award

KUALA LUMPUR – KL International Airport (KLIA) made Malaysia proud in the CAPA Awards for Excellence in Asia Pacific Aviation 2014 when it won the Large Airport of the Year Award.
The award ceremony was held at a Gala Dinner yesterday at CAPA’s Asia Aviation Summit and LCC Congress staged in Singapore.
Managing Director of Malaysia Airports, Datuk Badlisham said, “We are indeed delighted to win this award as it further elevates KLIA’s status within the global aviation industry.
This award acknowledged KLIA as the fastest growing major airport in Asia Pacific, reflected through KLIA’s 19% growth in passenger movements last year.
In terms of aviation growth, the Asia Pacific region is certainly thriving where it is expected that half of the world’s air traffic growth in the next 20 years will come from within this region.”
Peter Harbison, CAPA’s Executive Chairman who presented the award also said, “KLIA is a worthy winner of the large airport category.
It grew passenger traffic by 19% in 2013, making it the fastest growing major airport in the Asia Pacific region and the only airport in the region’s Top 10 to register double digit growth.
It has been a pioneer in attracting LCC transit traffic, an important new sector with huge potential and in May this year opened a new state of the art terminal designed specifically for low-cost and hybrid carriers.
KLIA has become a pioneer in offering a hybrid solution in today’s dynamic and highly competitive industry and in offering a new model of connectivity.”
Source:http://www.malaysiaairports.com.my/?...&c=news&id=432
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:25 PM   #2255
World 2 World

by Kee Hui
Old October 19th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #2256
SgWay

Likes (Received): 802

Quote:
The terminal was specifically designed & constructed for AirAsia, however it's far from being a LCC Terminal... The Terminal blows Australian airports out of the water...
Still lots of work to do. The airport operator is just installng 16 additional walkalators umtil end 2015 after loads of complains. We are still not good at planning and execution as the Australians.
SgWay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:11 AM   #2257
Arkdriver
sa isip, sa salita

Location: penang, cyberjaya, muntinlupa,singapore, sunshine coast
Likes (Received): 340

The new terminal is a junk. Thats why it fits LCC models nicely. Just a bigger cowshed with multiple levels.
Arkdriver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM   #2258
World 2 World

KLIA2

by hishamboshsaid

by victor_han

by kimihussain

by slayer_pakdin

by Enst E.

firoz bharmal liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2014, 02:45 PM   #2259
brizguy

Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Sorry no way. Flew out of KLIA2 today and Malaysians should be ashamed that this is the first thing tourists see. For a new terminal it is filthy. Paint is peeling, ill fitting fittings and everything was dirty. Really poor form from a country that believes it is developed. Sure its a budget terminal but thats no excuse for it to be so poorly built, especially after all the delays.

brizguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 03:34 AM   #2260
ZNaseer

Likes (Received): 351

The sole Malaysia Airlines B747-4H6 that was reactivated out of retirement as a standby aircraft.
ZNaseer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, airports, klia, kuala lumpur, malaysia, south asian hub airport