daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 5th, 2003, 03:15 AM   #241
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11286

Last edited by nazrey; June 15th, 2004 at 04:22 PM.
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2003, 03:18 AM   #242
nazrey

Last edited by nazrey; April 30th, 2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old November 5th, 2003, 03:41 AM   #243
nazrey

Last edited by nazrey; April 30th, 2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old November 5th, 2003, 03:00 PM   #244
nazrey

Awards & Accolades

1. 3rd best airport in Asia, after Singapore and Hong Kong, based on the the 16th Asian Freight Industry Awards 2002 (AFIA), organised by Cargonews Asia publication.

2. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has gauged KLIA,s security system for passengers and baggage as "one of the best in the world".

3. The Pan Pacific Hotel KL International Airport awarded the Best Airport Hotel in Asia by Business Asia Magazine and leading financial news network Bloomberg Television.

4. KLIA in the 3rd position for the Best Airport category in the Telegraph Travel Awards. Telegraph Travel Awards is an annual poll specially for the readers of The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Telegraph in Britain.

5. KLIA voted 2nd by airlines around the world as the "Highly Commended Airport for Marketing Efforts" in the 10-15 million passengers airport category during the Routes Conference held from 23-24 September 2002 in Athens, Greece. Dubai took the first place.

6. KLIA selected 3rd in the "Favourite Airport" Category for the 2nd annual TIME Readers Travel Choice Awards survey.

http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?ch=8&pg=95&ac=1835

Last edited by nazrey; December 5th, 2003 at 02:24 PM.
Old December 5th, 2003, 01:21 PM   #245
KJ

Likes (Received): 0

I can't belive that KLIa had so many awards. i am very proud to be Malaysian. MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!!!
KJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2003, 09:40 AM   #246
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 28

since when there's so many pics. thanks, nazrey!!

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2004, 10:42 AM   #247
Julien

Likes (Received): 54

I use KLIA every month and it's a very nice airport.

Pitty about the lousy taxi service however.

Rgds,
Julien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:52 AM   #248
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1830

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien
I use KLIA every month and it's a very nice airport.

Pitty about the lousy taxi service however.

Rgds,

There had been a public outcry in the papers for the past few months and it should be improved by now. The airport taxi operator are also in the process of replacing their fleet with better cars ....
szehoong no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #249
perthguy78

Likes (Received): 13

klia is poor compared to changi and HK... soon Guangzhou and BKK will outdo it aswell...

Perth- A better place to live!
perthguy78 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2004, 11:52 AM   #250
nazrey

yes maybe KLIA is the fifth after HK,Changi,BKK and Guangzhou (incheon maybe as well).This is my KLIA searching.

Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA)

K.L. International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang is designed and built to be an efficient, competitive and world-class hub airport for the Asia-Pacific Region. It replaces the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah International Airport at Subang as the main gateway into the nation. The new mega airport, complete with the latest technology and state-of-the-art facilities, aims at providing maximum passenger safety, comfort and convenience. It is unique because it has within its boundaries all that is needed for business, entertainment and relaxation. In short, KLIA is a destination in itself.

ARCHITECTURE
In 1998 when the first passengers arrive at the new KLIA, at Sepang, they will experience glimpses of a green Malaysia through the unique architecture, enjoy the world renowned Malaysian hospitality and feel the ease of modern hi-tech conveniences that reduce waiting time.

Designed by renowned Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa, the KLIA is a spectacular feat of construction which combines futuristic technology, Malaysian culture and the rich, tropical splendor of its natural resources, and is regarded as one of the most modern and sophisticated airports in the Asia-Pacific region. It will incorporate forms and systems suggesting advancement and modernization while at the same time, support Malaysia's cultural history.
http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...nct_entry=true

KLIA & SEPANG F1 CIRCUIT

Express Rail Link of KLIA

Last edited by nazrey; April 30th, 2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old April 30th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #251
nazrey

~ Limousine ~

Airport taxi and limousine are readily available at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).
All service between any city and the KLIA are predetermined rates.

Old May 1st, 2004, 01:48 AM   #252
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthguy78
klia is poor compared to changi and HK... soon Guangzhou and BKK will outdo it aswell...

I would love to hear ya further comments on this. What makes you think KLIA is 'poor' compared to the rest of the airports in the region?
Old May 1st, 2004, 01:55 AM   #253
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Nazrey > Thanks for all the wonderful pictures!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:36 AM   #254
Skyblade
Chasing the skies

Likes (Received): 27

Wow KLIA looks very, very, astounding! I would love to visit this airport when I have the time. (and money)
Skyblade no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:50 AM   #255
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 10

KLIA from Sepang F1 circuit..taken during the Grand Prix 2004
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:38 AM   #256
asian_horizon

Likes (Received):

This year was my first time in KLIA. It was excellent. Nice glassy feel, marble floors, very professional. What really ruins the atmosphere was in the distance was fire and haze from farmers burning off their lands.

The aerobridge of the satellite building and the main contact pier are made out of glass. so u can have a spectacular view all around when u board or arrive.
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #257
lumpia
| sariwa |

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthguy78
humphh!! too many anti-malaysians! .. i've been KLIA and its beautiful, better links to and from gates too! better than HK's in that respect! the central atrium with the trees is superb (i only hope the NAIA terminals in Manila will one day rival KLIA: NAIA1 is ugly! NAIA2 is ultra-modern but ultra-SMALL and the new NAIA3 seems to good to be true, n it prob is too as it may never be functional!.. *sigh* maybe NAIA will be on a par with KLIA.. in bout 2 centuries! haha)

Where the hell is guangzhou in comparison to KL?? Every1 has an idea where KL is but ghuangzhou?!.. isnt that nearer to HK?? so whats the use of building another international airport in the same province??! i assume perthguy78 has never been or heard of Malaysia b4 in his life or is a total anti-Malaysian LOL Dont worry, there are PLENTY more ppl who recognise KLIA as world-class!
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:36 AM   #258
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

KLIA is not ugly, its very beautiful.., NAIA 2/3 is also beautiful......

CGK airport in Jakarta its very crowded everyday, the capacity already excedeed !

Imagine this....every one minute, there are 2 airlines boarding and landing the airport is like a bus terminal, with so many airlines and so many cheap tickets.

cheers
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #259
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 1179

KLIA is a great airport, the only thing I don't like about it, is that it is so far from KL.
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2004, 04:59 PM   #260
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpia
humphh!! too many anti-malaysians! .. i've been KLIA and its beautiful, better links to and from gates too! better than HK's in that respect! the central atrium with the trees is superb (i only hope the NAIA terminals in Manila will one day rival KLIA: NAIA1 is ugly! NAIA2 is ultra-modern but ultra-SMALL and the new NAIA3 seems to good to be true, n it prob is too as it may never be functional!.. *sigh* maybe NAIA will be on a par with KLIA.. in bout 2 centuries! haha)

Where the hell is guangzhou in comparison to KL?? Every1 has an idea where KL is but ghuangzhou?!.. isnt that nearer to HK?? so whats the use of building another international airport in the same province??! i assume perthguy78 has never been or heard of Malaysia b4 in his life or is a total anti-Malaysian LOL Dont worry, there are PLENTY more ppl who recognise KLIA as world-class!

Dun worry Lumpia! I am sure Manila would have a nice airport soon - better than even the new NAIA3 as it had the traffic for the construction of a large and nice airport. I guess better times are coming as there are still space at the Clarke Airbase!!

well....am I not surprised that the defractors and critics always failed to answer when I asked em to provide me with the details? One just wonder what their criticm are based on....hmmmmm

Tags
airport, airports, klia, kuala lumpur, malaysia, south asian hub airport