daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #1841
Azrain98
catlover

Likes (Received): 2639

Can't wait for new terminal

Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #1842
CxIxMaN

Likes (Received): 893

KLIA2 progress

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1843
CxIxMaN

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #1844
nazrey

Likes (Received): 11286

[email protected]
OPENING 28 June 2013
The Group’s third retail project, the much anticipated Integrated [email protected] will be yet another key milestones for WCT. Once completed, the modern “Airport in the Mall” by WCT Berhad and Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad will welcome 30 million people into the largest low-cost carrier terminal in the world. The mall offers 350,000 sq ft of net rentable retail space over four levels and 6,000 parking bays.

http://www.wct.com.my/images/bg/projects/klia.jpg

http://www.wct.com.my/images/bg/projects/klia02.jpg
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1845
EK413

Likes (Received): 1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
[email protected]
OPENING 28 June 2013
The Group’s third retail project, the much anticipated Integrated [email protected] will be yet another key milestones for WCT. Once completed, the modern “Airport in the Mall” by WCT Berhad and Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad will welcome 30 million people into the largest low-cost carrier terminal in the world. The mall offers 350,000 sq ft of net rentable retail space over four levels and 6,000 parking bays.

http://www.wct.com.my/images/bg/projects/klia.jpg

http://www.wct.com.my/images/bg/projects/klia02.jpg
Can't wait to see T2 officially open in June 2013... I'm amazed with the pace of the project...

I'm curious the second render appears to be somewhat different to the first image...
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1846
boyerling3

Likes (Received): 4

I hope it doesn't become a Berlin or Doha (BER/NDIA). I'm hoping to fly through T2 this fall.
boyerling3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #1847
musang
abed

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
Can't wait to see T2 officially open in June 2013... I'm amazed with the pace of the project...

I'm curious the second render appears to be somewhat different to the first image...
ha ha.. perhaps it has this chameleon feature that allows the terminal to change its appearance day or night
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM   #1848
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips

Likes (Received): 4387

del

Last edited by World 2 World; February 26th, 2013 at 01:33 AM.
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1849
nazrey

Quote:

Old February 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM   #1850
city_thing
Put it in your mouth

Likes (Received): 883

God, this LCC terminal is better than any airport in Australia I can think of.

What is the expected pax?
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1851
nazrey

New MAS' business class check-in counter
image hosted on flickr

MAS' business class check-in counter by CLF, on Flickr
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #1852
World 2 World

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_thing View Post
God, this LCC terminal is better than any airport in Australia I can think of.

What is the expected pax?
20 million pax in its first year of operations and it can handle up to 45 mil pax annually.
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1853
CxIxMaN

this article is misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by World 2 World View Post
KLIA2 SKYBRIDGE IS COMPLETED

The nation’s aviation industry welcomes another landmark today as the klia2 Skybridge, the first in Asia and only the third in the world, was completed after the last piece of its structure was installed.

To mark the completion of the Skybridge construction, members of the media and key stakeholders were invited to witness the installation of the roof thrust of the Skybridge structure, symbolizing the whole connection of the Sky Bridge is completed.

The last piece of the bridge configured today will connect the bridge with the Main Terminal Building at klia2. The Skybridge steel structures were erected and connected in stages where the whole bridge was divided into two sections, to allow for full passenger segregation implementation at the terminal. Walkway at Level 3 is allocated for departing passengers and Level 3A is for arriving passengers.

Spanning 300 metres with 60 metres of walkalators, the Skybridge will connect the passenger terminal building to the satellite building, allowing passengers to travel between these two points in just over five minutes.
The Skybridge was purposely built to cross over the taxiway and features glass wall, presenting passengers the opportunity to enjoy spectacular view of the airside. The Skybridge will also give the added advantage of greater aircraft manoeuvrability at the apron over a land bridge.

The contractor responsible for designing and constructing this iconic metal structure that weighs about 3,050 metric tonnes is UEMC-Bina Puri.

Overall, the mega purpose-built terminal is going to be completed in stages and taking shape with the construction being about 70% completed and right on track. Closely following the completion of the Skybridge are the roads approaching the terminal, which are expected to be completed by end of November.

klia2 is the embodiment of Malaysia Airports’ continued commitment towards operational excellence and passenger comfort and safety. The state of the art facility embedded in klia2 will provide the necessary leap as the Next Generation Hub, to further grow and strengthen the nation’s aviation sector.
source: klia-2.com/klia2-skybridge-is-completed/

A.Einstein

Old February 28th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #1854
nazrey

image hosted on flickr

air mauritius A330-200 by acadersa, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

gG0997 by soonlung81, on Flickr
image hosted on flickr

K.L.I.A by soonlung81, on Flickr

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1855
CxIxMaN

That new flight info display is cool! never seen something like that. A first in a airport?

A.Einstein

Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:28 AM   #1856
World 2 World

KLIA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairul View Post
this was taken earlier today from KLIA Tower.

Old March 4th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1857
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1641

Source:http://www.btimes.com.my/articles/JETSTAR/Article/
Quote:
Jetstar Asia looks to boost footprint in Malaysia
By Bilqis Bahari
Published: 2013/03/04

JETSTAR Asia, an affiliate of Australia's low-cost carrier the Jetstar group, is looking at stronger footprint in Malaysia by providing more frequencies from its hub in Singapore to Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

Chief executive officer Barathan Pasupathi said the airline has the opportunity to increase flight frequencies into those markets that it currently operate in, as well as looking at select new markets.

For its Malaysia market, Jetstar Asia flies from Changi International Airport (Singapore) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Penang International Airport, and vice versa. It first started flying to Malaysia in 2008.

Although being a low-cost carrier, the airline does not fly to the low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) as it wants to provide convenience to its passengers, especially via the express rail link (ERL) train to connect from the airport to the city.

However, Pasupathi said Jetstar Asia will move to the new LCCT, klia2, once it begins operating in June,

"That is definitely something that we are looking forward to because it basically has the same conveniences as the main terminal at KLIA.

"As long as our customers' convenience is there and it is easy for them to connect to the city, we will definitely move to klia2," he told Business Times recently.

When asked about the possibility of adding Sabah and Sarawak as Jetstar Asia's new destinations, he said that it is something the airline is looking at very closely as the markets are interesting and "the growth there is just booming".

"But our immediate target is to focus on Kuala Lumpur and Penang by boosting flight frequencies and adding more seats into this market, and connecting these routes to our network into and out of Singapore," said Pasupathi.

As of October last year, Jetstar Asia has increased its capacity to key and emerging markets across its Southeast Asian network by 70,000 extra seats for services from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Phuket and Yangon.

Jetstar Asia is operating 61 weekly return services between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur and, thus, providing customers with more timely connections to popular services through Singapore to Manila, Perth and Taipei.

The airline currently has a daily return service between Singapore and Penang and Pasupathi said there is a potential to add more services over the next few months.

Jetstar Asia started its operations in December 2004 and currently operates more than 400 weekly flights to 24 destinations across 13 countries in the Asia Pacific region.

It flies from its hub in Singapore to Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand and Thailand, among others.

The airline carried about 3.4 million passengers last year and expects to carry four million passengers this year.

As at December 2012, Jetstar Asia has 18 Airbus A320 aircraft and the carrier expects to have a minimum of 19 A320s by year-end.

The carrier received the first of six new A320s in October last year as part of its fleet rejuvenation programme.
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #1858
World 2 World

KLIA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by waja2000 View Post
new photo from Binapuri website, photo taken date should be 21/2

Old March 9th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #1859
bagus70
Ես ցանկանում եմ ծծել ձեր

Likes (Received): 891

First ERL train to KLIA 2, although this one is a test train.

Old March 11th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1860
RybsoN

Likes (Received): 0

KLIA | Klia Kuala Lumpur International Airport

Hi,
i'm a student of civil engineering. i have a big task to make a model of any high span hangar. But I can not find anywhere measurments. i'm looking for your help to find out these informations. Also i'm interested in Lufthansa Technic Maintenance Hangar in Frankfurt. Maybe do you have any files??

Thanks for your help
RybsoN no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, airports, klia, kuala lumpur, malaysia, south asian hub airport