daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Victoria

Old April 18th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #661
AshMelb
AshMelb

Likes (Received): 7

Love it! The elitist jerks in FWP did not win. Feels good to know that Matt won't budge on people's lame "Don't destroy my beauuuuushiful views" complaints!
AshMelb no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 18th, 2012, 07:13 AM   #662
cage of man

Likes (Received): 3

I hope this approval means a lot more renders soon!
cage of man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #663
predestrian

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage of man View Post
I hope this approval means a lot more renders soon!
likewise! lots and lots, still cant get my head around the angles of this thing.
predestrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #664
acc521
Do you expect me to talk?

Likes (Received): 417

Im loving the focus on beautiful architecture. It shows a maturity towards high rise that's been lacking in this county.
acc521 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #665
StreetX
Just keep going.

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by melburn21 View Post

Where did you find that pic?

It's the drawing i did from the old render when it was shorter, it's been stretched out in the pic though.
StreetX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #666
melburn21
flame on.

Likes (Received): 862

It was on the HUN website... they would have 'borrowed' it... not knowing it was based on the old render
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #667
Kycon

Likes (Received): 30

Melbourne skyscraper gets nod

The Schiavello building on Queensbridge Street, Southbank will have 592 apartments and retail space across 71 storeys.
Australia’s third-tallest skyscraper will be built in Melbourne after planning approval was announced on Wednesday.

The $275 million Schiavello project, designed by architect Bates Smart, comes in at 276 metres, replacing the 254-metre Rialto as the city’s second tallest tower behind the 297-metre Eureka building.

Australia’s tallest building is the Gold Coast’s 323 metre Q1 tower.

The Schiavello building, to be built on Queensbridge Street, Southbank, will have 592 apartments and retail space across 71 storeys. It will replace the former Queensbridge Hotel.

Victorian Planning Minister Matthew Guy, who announced the conditional approval for the project, said it would support more than 800 jobs – 650 in construction, 50 in planning and design, 25 jobs in building management, and 80 in retail.

“The tower will be a stunning addition to Melbourne’s skyline, with an innovative design to reflect its location at a key gateway linking Southbank and the CBD,” he said.

The permit requires the developer to make a $300,000 payment for public transport upgrades.

The project has been strongly opposed by residents in the adjacent Freshwater Place building, also designed by Bates Smart, who fear it could block views and shadow their apartments.

http://afr.com/p/business/property/m...bTfXBSv3KhLZdP
Kycon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #668
StreetX
Just keep going.

i wonder if they got permission from SkyscraperPage, would think they had
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #669
Carlton123

I actually like the design and height of the approved tower. It's going to be a next door neighbor and a nice addition to my neighborhood. I still feel sorry for those people negatively impacted by it. I've got a heart bigger than this tower and that's not a bad thing.
Carlton123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #670
MelbourneOnTheRise
We are the 99%

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton123 View Post
I actually like the design and height of the approved tower. It's going to be a next door neighbor and a nice addition to my neighborhood. I still feel sorry for those people negatively impacted by it. I've got a heart bigger than this tower and that's not a bad thing.
Look at you, a genuine mother Theresa. "big heart".
"As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please. Those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome."

Noam Chomsky
MelbourneOnTheRise no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #671
StreetX
Just keep going.

This made the 5th page on the Herald Sun Today, and also 2 of my drawings from SkyscraperPage. The one of This and Pearl Tower.

-edit- checked the top right corner of the page, page 5. oops lol
still..

Last edited by StreetX; April 18th, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #672
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 844

Once in a while...I mean once in a long while you get a announcement in a daily paper that something out there is going ahead..............In my Herald Sun today it wasn't on the front page ? but page 5 ????? It looks good.....build it within 6 years OK...........the clock is ticking and I am not getting any younger.
PS Sorry MOTR I couldn't make it for our usual lunch date today..............but that's another story : )
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #673
Eureka!

Likes (Received): 20

Dismayed that the HUN only displays their comments to subscribers. Used to love flicking through them.
Eureka! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:32 AM   #674
Melb_aviator

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka! View Post
Dismayed that the HUN only displays their comments to subscribers. Used to love flicking through them.
User pays... No one wins
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #675
Eureka!

Likes (Received): 20

"our city was praised by people from far and wide for it's style and charm and this buffoon wants to turn it into a wind tunnel of shade infested concrete,hey minister look down Collins street...!!!thats what our city is famous for not row upon row of bloody souless concrete towers"

'Joe from the bush' obviously hasn't been to Collins Street in a while.
Eureka! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #676
redbaron_012

Likes (Received): 844

Haaa lucky I am oldfashioned and read a newspaper with paper pages...........Ok I didn't buy it as one of my pleasures of life is sitting in a nice cafe having a coffee and cast through all the daily papers. I see the world through various perspectives and have to admit the new Internet news leaves something to be desired.....My collection of news cuttings since the 1960's just had another addition though.....doesn't happen that often.
I get a bit miffed with off the cuff references to windswept canyons of souless concrete towers...............Each proposal should be judged on it's merit, architecture, location relative to surroundings whether natural or previous developments. Trouble is in this case FWP was a bit arrogant to think they build an impressive project so no one in the future...whether next year or in ten years will outdo them.......This project is beautiful and well designed, in a location that can't be built out......the winner is.......( and to further extent Prima gets a bit overshadowed as well, relative to the north. )........

Last edited by redbaron_012; April 18th, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
redbaron_012 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #677
Melbourneguy

Likes (Received): 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melb_aviator View Post
User pays... No one wins
Register with them using a disposable email address. That way you can have two months free access and they can't bug you about paying. At the end of the two months put another disposable address in again. I'm really enjoying the newspaper.
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #678
GoldNey
Ozzie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetX View Post
This made the 5th page on the Herald Sun Today, and also 2 of my drawings from SkyscraperPage. The one of This and Pearl Tower.

-edit- checked the top right corner of the page, page 5. oops lol
still..
Are u called tower x? If so it is much appreciated that someone does Australian drawings!
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #679
StreetX
Just keep going.

Yeah, Tower X is me. I realised one day when goign threw the site hardly any australian buildings were being drawn or updated from Proposed to Approved to U/C.
The advantage of lurking both this and SSP is being able to look at all the buildings on here at a close glance :P

Just hard to find time with catching up with homework, ehh..
Old April 18th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #680
MelboyPete
Proud Melbournian

Likes (Received): 37

What's the odds this building gets one more height increase before construction starts and becomes Melbourne's first supertall ? Come on Guy, it's only another 24m.
MelboyPete no está en línea   Reply With Quote