daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #81
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 873

wow amazing progress ... i never thought it was that ahead!

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #82
Abdul Rachim

Likes (Received): 371

Repost from Indonesia forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arafuru View Post
Abdul Rachim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #83
Abdul Rachim

And again
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joharbaru1984 View Post

Mantap nih promende&airport hotelnya... gak kebayang kl itu tumpukan tanah dll dah bersih dan ditanami rumput atau tanaman lainya.. kayak apa megah dan indahnya..

Suka sm designya yg minimalis tp modern..

spacious...
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #84
hadi_rahman
Indonesian

Likes (Received): 418

Another update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indonesian Pride View Post
Quote:

Sumber

dopost
Quote:
Originally Posted by yudibali2008 View Post
Beberapa hari yang lalu :

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika

hadi_rahman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #85
Abdul Rachim

just update from Indonesia forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlhamBXT View Post

Wezza liked this post
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #86
InfraObr

Likes (Received): 174

Great pics!

Last edited by InfraObr; September 10th, 2013 at 07:07 PM.
InfraObr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #87
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 996

Looks great!
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #88
hadi_rahman
Indonesian

Update again from Indonesia forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by saleko View Post
1. Drof off sementara keberangkatan domestik.

2. Ramp dari drop off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleko View Post

Dan akhirnya jadi penumpang terakhir yang boarding pada GA417 alias telat, karena memang datang telat dan masih menyempatkan diri untuk poto-poto bandara ini

Modern airport with traditional flavour

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika

Old September 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #89
hadi_rahman
Indonesian

source

Bali's airport gets $343m major facelift

Lack of capacity the main reason for upgrading of the facility

Published on Sep 13, 2013
By Zubaidah Nazeer, Indonesia Correspondent In Jakarta

Quote:
WHEN delegates of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) forum arrive in Bali for their meetings next month, they will be ushered into a new-look airport with cavernous halls filled with Balinese paintings facing glass panels that let in more light than the old terminal.

Before they land, they may spot the wavy blue roof, representing the ocean, of the new international terminal and the tiered green roof, representing the island's famed padi fields, of the multi-storey carpark. This is the result of a 3 trillion rupiah (S$343 million) revamp of the old airport, which had not been renovated for more than a decade.

"The main driver of this airport facelift is the extreme lack of capacity we are facing," Mr Yuristo Hardi Anggoro, spokesman for airport operator Angkasa Pura I (API), told The Straits Times.

The old airport served 14 million passengers last year, twice its stated capacity, but the rebuilt one can handle up to 25 million passengers annually. It is equipped with speedier baggage checking facilities and contains a transit hotel with 224 rooms. The new terminal will welcome its first international passengers at the end of this month.

The upgrading of Bali's airport, the country's third-busiest, is part of the Ministry of Transportation's countrywide airport revitalisation programme that will see 45 airports replaced or revamped in the next decade. The government will spend a total of US$53 billion (S$67 billion) to upgrade transport infrastructure, including airports, roads, ports and rail links.

Most Indonesian airports are running at overcapacity, following years of robust growth that has made the country's 240 million people more affluent and more able to afford flying - the most practical way of travelling across this archipelago of 17,000 islands.

Last year, 72.5 million domestic passengers flew over Indonesian skies, up from 60.2 million in 2011, said a Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (Capa) report. This figure is double that in 2008.

But infrastructure has not kept pace with this thirst for flying, leading to a host of problems, from pilot shortage to overcrowding and long queues for airliners at airports which make delayed landings and take-offs common.

Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta airport, ranked ninth-busiest globally last year, handled 56 million passengers that same year, nearly triple its present capacity of 22 million. An 11.7 trillion rupiah expansion project is under way to build more hangars, a fourth terminal and a third runway and to revamp existing terminals.

Medan's new sprawling airport was built in the outskirts of the city after the 85-year-old Polonia Airport strained to serve double the capacity it was designed for. Completed in July and linked to the city by rail, it can handle 8 million passengers yearly.

Bali's revamped airport will be connected directly to the tourist districts of Benoa, Nusa Dua and Kuta via a 13km toll road built over the sea to avoid traffic jams on normal roads.

However, observers have flagged potential problems in the revitalisation programme.

API's data shows the number of flights to Bali increased 9.7 per cent from 2011 to 2012 and passenger volume rose by 15.6 per cent at the same time.

Flight numbers are predicted to jump to 131,682 next year from 113,639 last year, and passenger volume from 14 million last year to nearly 17 million by the end of next year. That figure is expected to exceed 70 million by 2030.

Capa's chief analyst Brendan Sobie told The Straits Times: "Indonesia is well behind the growth curve. About three-quarters of the major airports are already operating above capacity.

"The projects that are on the drawing board need to be accelerated and in some cases expanded."

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika

Old September 17th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #90
eurico

Likes (Received): 6738

Latest updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceN View Post

Patrick Highrise, Dito Roso liked this post
eurico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #91
hadi_rahman
Indonesian

UPDATE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlhamBXT View Post

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika

Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #92
hadi_rahman
Indonesian

Updates from Liputan6.com

Bhinneka Tunggal Ika

Old October 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #93
lizia.

Likes (Received): 167

New closure schedule for
Ngurah Rai airport

Quote:
State-run airport company PT Angkasa Pura I, which manages Bali’s Ngurah Rai International Airport, warned passengers on Thursday that there would be additional temporary closures of the airport on Oct. 5 and Oct. 7 that would cause delays to some flight schedules.

These latest temporary closures are in addition to those already announced for Oct. 6, 8 and 9 when 21 leaders of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member states are slated to arrive for the prestigious APEC Summit in Nusa Dua.

“We’ve received new notification from the Transportation Ministry that there will be a temporary closure for commercial airlines on Oct. 5 and 7. But we have yet to determine the exact times of the delays or closures,” Angkasa Pura’s head of communications and legal affairs, Alfasyah, said on Thursday.

more: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...i-airport.html
lizia. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #94
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 810

Quote:
I'm not sure if your airlines informed you about this, but websites like Garuda, Singapore Airlines, and other carrier has mentioned that there will be flight delay and disturbtion during that period.
Of course, I was informed about that. In this I had full knowledge, when public flights could land and takeoff on October 8.
Certain times the airport will be closed. I have - however - assumed that once flight can takeoff again, the airport will be reopened. After arriving for takeoff I was so shocked to be dumped at the old terminal by the driver. Never ever again Indonesia!!! In China - after such an embarrassing show - heads would roll.

Last edited by doc7austin; October 11th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #95
unity
Tionghoa Indonesia

Location: Born in Balikpapan - Raised in Surabaya - Now in Sydney
Likes (Received): 410

Yes. Based on the news we received (in Indonesian unfortunately), the new terminal already resumed it's operation. But I do understand your disappointment and anger after all of those hype and excitement about this new improvement. Seems like you got there not in the good time...
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #96
Jiwa_Matahari
Rainbow Warrior

Likes (Received): 242

Oh so that's how it is, huh. This guy doc7austin who is from a "first world country" got away with insulting Indonesia and my post which had no offensive word (although might be a bit sarcastic) got deleted.

Borneo (Kalimantan), my island
Indonesia (Nusantara), my motherland
Jiwa_Matahari no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #97
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 810

The moderator, who is deleting posts, should reveal himself!!!

Regarding your post, I have every right to "insult" Indonesia, after what happened. Its called free speech. Indonesian officials show off with their shiny new airport and announcing the opening before APEC.
Then - after APEC - travellers are still dumped into the old stinky international terminal.

Therefore, I am standing by my comment: "Indonesia should be ashamed of themselves for showing the world this kind of airport dump!"

r4d1ty4, bozenBDJ, Dito Roso liked this post

Last edited by doc7austin; October 11th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #98
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7austin View Post
Of course, I was informed about that. In this I had full knowledge, when public flights could land and takeoff on October 8.
Certain times the airport will be closed. I have - however - assumed that once flight can takeoff again, the airport will be reopened. After arriving for takeoff I was so shocked to be dumped at the old terminal by the driver. Never ever again Indonesia!!! In China - after such an embarrassing show - heads would roll.
Nguran Rai only opened the new international arrival before APEC and the old terminal departure area btw was as still in operation until last tuesday. So the driver was right to drop you there, as of wednesday, all international departure is on the new terminal.

btw sorry to hear your experiences.

Cheers
Old October 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #99
r4d1ty4
House Targaryen

Likes (Received): 1295

doc7austin

Old October 11th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #100
sasamakan
Tukang Makan

Likes (Received): 683

Regarding sleeping people in the airport, it happen EVERYWHERE in the world, even in the 1st world countries. Have you seen how Geneva airport is after 23.00?? People sleeping everywhere on the floor, stairs, cafes etc? Or in major US airport? In London, Copenhagen, Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, everywhere!!
And do you think all airport in 1st world countries are cleaner and better than old international terminal in Ngurah Rai airport? Based on my experience, many of it worst than Ngurah Rai. I do not know exactly what you complain about, but DPS still in progress to upgrade the whole terminal which expected to finish next year. And the international one is the priority. Maybe you just got there not in the right time.

NL: People drinks coffee to ensure they finish their job in satisfactory and efficiently
ID: Everything can be solved by a "coffee" (We call it ngopi-ngopi)

My Flickr Photostream: http://bit.ly/1w8nqje
Visit my cheap blog http://mahendrabudhiastra.com
Buruknya birokrasi antara Bea Cukai dan Bandara Soekarno Hatta >> http://birokrasi.kompasiana.com/2014...ta-636997.html

Ocean One, Dito Roso liked this post
sasamakan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bali