daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 18th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #481
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15902

Lol, some forumers in Gaoloumi say the final height will be just around 500m.

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #482
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6524

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
From the renders definitely not
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #483
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3182

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
talking about roof height though

KillerZavatar liked this post
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM   #484
Superlaowai
Superlaowai

Likes (Received): 362

beautiful day

orange boy, CP11, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Superlaowai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #485
Puppetgeneral

Likes (Received): 422

I still don't know why Suzhou would get this high towers instead of better cities like shanghai?
Puppetgeneral no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #486
Superlaowai
Superlaowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetgeneral View Post
I still don't know why Suzhou would get this high towers instead of better cities like shanghai?
May I ask why Shanghai is better then Suzhou ?

TowerVerre:), ВОДА liked this post
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #487
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1657

The question is not "Why? " but "Why not?"

Why shouldn't cities other than Shanghai have the right to undertake building projects of this scale if they have the resources to do so? With around 116 cities with a million or more people it seems inevitable than some of them would need buildings, airports , subways and the like.

It's not feasible to concentrate the urbam population of China in or around two or three cities. It's not logical to put an artifical ceiling on what they can or cannot build. Why would Su Zhou or any other city propose , finance the construction of such a project anywhere else but in their own city?

This building could be Su Zhou on the map , if you can think big and follow it up then that's how great things are achieved from great ambitions. The Chinese have a can do attitude and they are builders by nature.

Su Zhou is right next to Shanghai even their metros will be linked together in the future. The second tier cities have grand ambitions if they want to reach for te sky so be it.

Superlaowai , keep up the good work.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #488
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Suzhou is the top second tier city. Huge GDP and very high GDP per capita. It deserves a skyline similar or larger than Wuhan, Nanjing, Nanning...

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #489
Puppetgeneral

I believe most reason why the GDP is so high because of the tourism and they don't have such high population like bigger cities. Cities like Nanning is the provincial capital of Guangxi. And I know that the Chinese government wanted to make more higher level cites and better and cleaner cities but they should think carefully about building what kind of things in the city. The same thing happened for Shenzhen. 30 yrs ago it was a fishing village but when Dengxiao Ping went there and deicide to make a PEZ. It changed. Like I mean it isn't great to build this in Suzhou but instead wasting so much money on a 2300 ft building instead of making this city better and cleaner.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #490
Superlaowai
Superlaowai

of course those cities are changing and very fast. like suzhou. there is no stopping. even if they would not build it the money would not go into any other projects for the better living in suzhou. the money is coming from different places. i think that it will look awesome when its finished. there are no high buildings around and you will be able to see it from many km away.if the air is good. the gate you can see from 15km away already. looks very cool
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #491
Puppetgeneral

Yes but Suzhou is a old history city and it is already proposed and I can't do anything about it. Superlaowai, this is built in Suzhou and your happy right because your city is proposed for the tallest building in china. Your probably happy, but I think a lot of us who is arguing about this because we were born in other bigger cities and wanted to have the same height building in our birth city right? Maybe I am wrong because I haven't live on this planet long enough.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #492
Puppetgeneral

The other reason why I think a lot of taller buildings are built in Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan and these cities because they are secondary cities, westerners are focusing on these cities because these cities are like upper middle class cities like Beijing and Shanghai. I have one question though, would Guangzhou be count as like Shanghai or is it a secondary city.
Old July 19th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #493
Superlaowai
Superlaowai

Suzhou is not my City. i am from Germany. I like it because i am interested in buildings since i was a kid and now my apartment is just opposite of the road of this amazing building site. Good reason to like it

pteranodon, ВОДА liked this post
Old July 19th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #494
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetgeneral View Post
I believe most reason why the GDP is so high because of the tourism and they don't have such high population like bigger cities. Cities like Nanning is the provincial capital of Guangxi. And I know that the Chinese government wanted to make more higher level cites and better and cleaner cities but they should think carefully about building what kind of things in the city. The same thing happened for Shenzhen. 30 yrs ago it was a fishing village but when Dengxiao Ping went there and deicide to make a PEZ. It changed. Like I mean it isn't great to build this in Suzhou but instead wasting so much money on a 2300 ft building instead of making this city better and cleaner.
Lol. This is not a videogame. This tower is being developed by a real estate company. But yeah, you can email them and tell them to spend that money in "making this city better and cleaner" if you want.

TowerVerre:), MarshallKnight liked this post
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #495
kunming tiger

We are presented with the classic case of a false dilemma either a choice between( A: )putting up a big and expensive building or (B cleaning up the city.

In fact there are two additional options they are( C): Putting up that building and cleaning up the city or (D Doing nothing at or all ( the status quo

I find it hard to understand how putting up tall buildings removes the possibility of cleaning up the city. Surely both goals could be achieved they are not exclusive of one another.

As for wanting landmark buildings in your place of birth that makes sense but it's not so in this case. The Mega Tall race has just started in China I would be surprised if a taller proposal doesn't emerge soon.

KillerZavatar liked this post
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #496
Puppetgeneral

I give up, I know talking on this forum can do nothing about making this building happen or not, all I am now wondering is that why would they built a mega tall building in a city like Suzhou. They could really build a building that like 400 or 500 m tower instead of straight up for over 700 m.
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #497
NNshenzhen

Likes (Received): 53

Haha, it is the same question 15 years ago, why did 'poorer' Kuala Lumpur get those tall Twin Towers then, and not 'richer' Singapore which by its GDP and then skyline quality would deserve them?

Well, 15 years passed, and central KL skyline has overtaken Singapore's in almost every aspect save seaview... without Twin Towers, that wouldn't have happened - they were the catalyst.

Suzhou today is richer - and larger - then KL was then. And, after Shanghai Tower, Shanghai city itself will likely curb any near future megatalls there, I guess - even though I feel Puxi side needs its own supertall cluster at least.
NNshenzhen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #498
Superlaowai
Superlaowai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetgeneral
I give up, I know talking on this forum can do nothing about making this building happen or not, all I am now wondering is that why would they built a mega tall building in a city like Suzhou. They could really build a building that like 400 or 500 m tower instead of straight up for over 700 m.
come to suzhou and you will understand why
Old July 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #499
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8230

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNshenzhen View Post
Haha, it is the same question 15 years ago, why did 'poorer' Kuala Lumpur get those tall Twin Towers then, and not 'richer' Singapore which by its GDP and then skyline quality would deserve them?
singapore cannot develop skyscrapers over 280m, because of a building limit concerning the airport, that is why the three tallest in singapore are of the exact same height.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #500
kunming tiger

If they build this building then Su Zhou would be worth visiting, a case of great minds thinking alike.

Maybe some people have an ax to grind in relation to Su Zhou.

Tags
megatall