search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 268 votes, 5.00 average.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM   #1
davaob4now
life down under

Likes (Received): 138

DAVAO | SM Lanang Premier [com]

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit31 View Post
I would like to officailly announce that SM LANANG is a go....Target date of completion and openning is September 2010. Lanang Country CLub members have been offially told that they have only one more month to play at the golf course. By august construction will officially start. The whole 66 hectares was bought by SM Prime and SM Investments. the land will consist of a mall complex, business, complex, residential complex, entertainment complex, hospitality complex among others. This is gong to be a very big project indeed....
This announcement is from a reliable source who is connected with SM...

This huge project will be situated along lanang, davao city...approximately 3 kms. away from the Ayala Center Davao.

we are just awaiting for the rendering.

Last edited by davaob4now; July 4th, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
davaob4now no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:12 PM   #2
davaoeagle
Living The New Earth

Likes (Received): 4

Friday, July 04, 2008
Lanang Country Club to cease operations after July 31
By Imee Garcia

LAST July 1, a notice was published at Lanang Country Club. It came from Mrs. Carmen D. Locsin, chairperson of Dakudao and Sons, Inc. And this was what was stated:

"We regret to inform you that the Lanang Country Club will cease operations after July 31, 2008. The Dakudao and Sons, Inc. cannot sustain the operation of the property as a golf club anymore. This property is just not viable as a golf course anymore."

"We sincerely appreciate your patronage through all these years. In the almost 3 decades that Lanang Country Club has been operating, we hope to have touched your lives in a positive way. We hope to be of service to you in some other capacity in the future. Thank you very much."

Another notice was posted at the club and it was written by my friend Mr. Paul Anthony Dakudao, general manager of Lanang Country Club. This was what he wrote:

"First of all, the members of the Dakudao, Locsin & Velez families would like to extend our utmost gratitude for your continued patronage to Lanang Country Club through all these years of its existence. We can never forget the wonderful memories of the camaraderie within the golf course among its members and guests. So it is a very hard decision and a sad part for us to reach to a decision that we have to close an institution that has been in Davao for more than 30 years. Overhead expenses in maintenance and taxes have become so impractical that we were left with no other choice but to convert the use of the property to a better suited project.

"We will be closing the club in July 31, 2008. It is with this regard that we will be hosting a special golf event on July 26, 2008, Saturday and a final get together party for all members and guests at the clubhouse. We do hope that you will be able to attend this final get together before the club finally closes its course."

As I was writing this article, I felt like crying. The thought of Lanang Country Club closing for good is very sad news indeed. Thinking of all those fond memories we all have of it, it is almost unbearable think that the golf course will be gone for good.

What will happen to all the caddies, umbrella girls, and all the other employees of the golf course? I don't think the other golf clubs can accommodate them all.

The members of the club will have to play elsewhere. I heard that the Davao City Golf Club does not accept new members for the time being because they can only accommodate so much. Their golf course is very clogged up as it is.

I bet the Apo Golf Club shareholders will be happy because this sad news will probably increase the value of the shares of stock, which, in my opinion, is currently very much undervalued. Buy a share now if you have a chance.

Last week, I wrote about Annika's last season in golf. I talked a little about golf on TV. I mentioned that the Men's tournaments are 4 days of play and the ladies only 3 days of play. I'd like to clarify that I meant "televised" tournaments.

Sports channels usually air all 4 days of play when it comes to PGA tournaments, but with the LGPA tournaments, they only televise 3 days of play. I apologize for the slight confusion.

Please don't forget to join the Farewell Golf Tournament of Lanang Country Club on July 26, 2008. If you have an album of pictures of your memories at Lanang Country Club, it would be nice to bring with you and share with the whole gang at the party. All members and guests are invited, in other words, EVERYONE! See you there.

The signature mango tree on the 18th fairway may finally lay to rest. How depressing. From now on, I think I will hug it every time I pass it.
Old July 4th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #3
jhunix
CoD4

Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtApoStandard View Post
jhunix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Peng Hok
Capo Famiglia: Head GALOT

Likes (Received): 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by davaoeagle View Post
Friday, July 04, 2008
By Imee Garcia

LAST July 1, a notice was published at Lanang Country Club. It came from Mrs. Carmen D. Locsin, chairperson of Dakudao and Sons, Inc. And this was what was stated:

"We regret to inform you that the Lanang Country Club will cease operations after July 31, 2008. The Dakudao and Sons, Inc. cannot sustain the operation of the property as a golf club anymore. This property is just not viable as a golf course anymore."

"We sincerely appreciate your patronage through all these years. In the almost 3 decades that Lanang Country Club has been operating, we hope to have touched your lives in a positive way. We hope to be of service to you in some other capacity in the future. Thank you very much."

Another notice was posted at the club and it was written by my friend Mr. Paul Anthony Dakudao, general manager of Lanang Country Club. This was what he wrote:

"First of all, the members of the Dakudao, Locsin & Velez families would like to extend our utmost gratitude for your continued patronage to Lanang Country Club through all these years of its existence. We can never forget the wonderful memories of the camaraderie within the golf course among its members and guests. So it is a very hard decision and a sad part for us to reach to a decision that we have to close an institution that has been in Davao for more than 30 years. Overhead expenses in maintenance and taxes have become so impractical that we were left with no other choice but to convert the use of the property to a better suited project.

"We will be closing the club in July 31, 2008. It is with this regard that we will be hosting a special golf event on July 26, 2008, Saturday and a final get together party for all members and guests at the clubhouse. We do hope that you will be able to attend this final get together before the club finally closes its course."

As I was writing this article, I felt like crying. The thought of Lanang Country Club closing for good is very sad news indeed. Thinking of all those fond memories we all have of it, it is almost unbearable think that the golf course will be gone for good.

What will happen to all the caddies, umbrella girls, and all the other employees of the golf course? I don't think the other golf clubs can accommodate them all.

The members of the club will have to play elsewhere. I heard that the Davao City Golf Club does not accept new members for the time being because they can only accommodate so much. Their golf course is very clogged up as it is.

I bet the Apo Golf Club shareholders will be happy because this sad news will probably increase the value of the shares of stock, which, in my opinion, is currently very much undervalued. Buy a share now if you have a chance.

Last week, I wrote about Annika's last season in golf. I talked a little about golf on TV. I mentioned that the Men's tournaments are 4 days of play and the ladies only 3 days of play. I'd like to clarify that I meant "televised" tournaments.

Sports channels usually air all 4 days of play when it comes to PGA tournaments, but with the LGPA tournaments, they only televise 3 days of play. I apologize for the slight confusion.

Please don't forget to join the Farewell Golf Tournament of Lanang Country Club on July 26, 2008. If you have an album of pictures of your memories at Lanang Country Club, it would be nice to bring with you and share with the whole gang at the party. All members and guests are invited, in other words, EVERYONE! See you there.

The signature mango tree on the 18th fairway may finally lay to rest. How depressing. From now on, I think I will hug it every time I pass it.
Though the article does not talk about what will become of Lanang Golf and Country Club after its closure, it does corroborate the announcement made my xzibit. Nice post Kuya Vic! Credible talaga yung mga forumers natin.
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:37 AM   #5
WawaY[625]
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

an excerpt from another article from SunStar (editorial nga lang so di masyado factual)

Quote:
I have not heard of any under-the-table negotiations in the business bureau. You will likely see some heads literally rolling if anybody does that in City Hall.
The best argument against this warped IFC report is the number of business firms relocating and locating in Davao City. IFC obviously is blind and ignorant over the fact that this year alone billions of pesos of investments in condominiums and high and low end housing projects has been poured in the city.

Very soon Robinson's in partnership with Anflocor will break ground for a mall in J. P. Laurel(hehe na mix up ang Robinsons at Ayala project at ginawang isa rofl). In case you don't know, SM bought out a vast golf and country club real estate somewhere in Lanang for yet another mall.

Davao City's water authority and power suppliers are edgy and are now looking for added capacities because the growth of population and businesses in the city are on high gear. IFC's growth barometer is as defective as whoever are the nitwits manning their miniscule office here.

Adarna of Queensland feigning ignorance of the law and local ordinance will not get him out of hot water. But national and local authorities past and present have been remiss in enforcing the laws too. Adarna is even in a tight fix because of his statue of David, which scandalized some prude members of the City Council.
WawaY[625] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #6
Peng Hok

Still a good piece of article to corroborate the insider info.
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:54 AM   #7
WawaY[625]
BANNED

from living in davao email group with regards to the closing of Lanang Golf

from Carlos tanjuatco
a
Quote:
it is confirmed that SMPrime and SM Investments has bought the whole Lanang Country Club. They re going to build a mall complex, business complex, residential complex, hospitality complex, entertainement complex among others at the said property. estimated openning of the whole complex is last quarter of 2010.
from vicmindiati

Quote:
I am sorry to see Lanang go as I know what it is like to have a place
to call your own. There was a certain arrogance in that club and the
owners probably did it to themselves with that. Maybe the talk of SM
going there has finally come true. Only the hand knows. In any event I
would guess that for those that played Lanang, Palos Verdes would be
the next best bet and convenient golf course. I had the pleasure to
play it for the first time the other day and it was wonderful. But it
ain't cheap. Just stay away from the food and drinks. While the course
does not play as hard as APO it is certainly more enjoyable with the
incredible views, landscaping, etc... so typical and great about a
Sta. Lucia developed course. Hey but before you go and spend 250,000P
for a share at APO, keep in mind that Golf Courses are generally a
losing proposition. Most DO NOT make money and Apo is no exception. I
guess many (reluctantly) should say thank you to the Koreans that
while not the most appreciated (for reasons of etiquette) members of
golf courses are in a way responsible for keeping them above water
financially. I have played with a few Koreans and personally have no
complaints but apparently that is not the Status Quo opinion. Back to
Golf Course heroics.... Here in the Philippines it is the sale of all
the lots surrounding the Golf course that keep them $$$$green and then
the monthly dues more or less keep them operating slightly
profitability. Of all the developers Sta Lucia is the best. They
always sell out. They are also building another golf course that it on
the way to Buda about 8 clicks off McArthur Hwy. The name eludes me.
cheerio
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #8
WawaY[625]
BANNED

now we just have to wait for 1 more reliable guy..calling mr BlueGuy, any info/news regarding this?
Old July 5th, 2008, 02:55 AM   #9
Peng Hok

SM will probably release an official statement after July 31, 2008.
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:16 AM   #10
Ady001

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Friday, July 04, 2008
By Imee Garcia

It feels sad that the old golf course had to go away, but as the say, good change is change for the better.
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #11
davaoeagle
Living The New Earth

^

One says bye, bye and three are saying hello. The upcoming 3 golf courses would be the Sun City in Buhangin Diversion Road, South Pacific in Mintal (both by Sta. Lucia), and another unnamed one in Samal Island- as mentioned by Bob Martin on his video about Samal.
Old July 5th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #12
davaoeagle
Living The New Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peng Hok View Post
Though the article does not talk about what will become of Lanang Golf and Country Club after its closure, it does corroborate the announcement made my xzibit. Nice post Kuya Vic! Credible talaga yung mga forumers natin.
De nada Atty. Darry!
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:59 AM   #13
MtApoStandard
Not a Moderater

Likes (Received): 893

Quote:
^

One says bye, bye and three are saying hello. The upcoming 3 golf courses would be the Sun City in Buhangin Diversion Road, South Pacific in Mintal (both by Sta. Lucia), and another unnamed one in Samal Island- as mentioned by Bob Martin on his video about Samal.
its a big welcome for me bro. if i have to rezone/reclassify the area, the golf course has to go by the looks of areal shots imo
MtApoStandard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #14
davaoeagle
Living The New Earth

^

I'ma newbie in golf so it's also a welcome development for me.
Old July 5th, 2008, 05:21 AM   #15
dinabaw

Likes (Received): 1329

dapat lang sana i save most of the trees there, allocate some as mini parks or better add/relocate more trees and i hope the new golf developers should fast track there golf courses , golf is one of the come-ons of Davao , most of my cousins love Davao for it's stunning golf courses and it's cheap rentals
Old July 5th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #16
henji
Davao Now

i cant believe it is now coming from the shade (i mean may sariling thread na siya)... SM Lanang to be. I hope theyll build a much bigger mall.
henji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #17
davaob4now
life down under

Likes (Received): 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by henji View Post
i cant believe it is now coming from the shade (i mean may sariling thread na siya)... SM Lanang to be. I hope theyll build a much bigger mall.
yeah! SM mall of the pacific, SM mall of Mindanao, SM mall of the Visayas and Mindanao, SM mall of the Philippines, pick your choice.

or SM mall of the Universe, SM Milky Way Mall...

i knew it, when ayala announced that they will put a business complex in the NO.1 city of the philippines ()...di papatalo ang SM...just imagine what a competition could result to...at etong davao naman na ito tuwang tuwa, tawa siya ng tawa sa mga nangyayari...
Old July 6th, 2008, 06:08 AM   #18
dhawell
Davao simply DaWow City

Likes (Received): 0

Wow i cant wait for SM's press release. ang tagal naman ng press release na yan. pwede ba tayo nlng mag release ng press statement for the lanang Sm project?

hmmm, im inviting all media outfits, print, Tv, radio and even bloggers for a press conference that will be held on Tuesday. TBA and venue. so keep posted.
ang tagal eh, uunahan ko na ang mga Sy's. hehehehe
dhawell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #19
Il Tenore
조는 조나스 입니다!

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
^

wow! so, I have nothing to worry about! I'll save my tears for the future! haha! seriously.. these three new golf courses are a big welcome and I think this will succeed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by davaob4now View Post
yeah! SM mall of the pacific, SM mall of Mindanao, SM mall of the Visayas and Mindanao, SM mall of the Philippines, pick your choice.

or SM mall of the Universe, SM Milky Way Mall...

i knew it, when ayala announced that they will put a business complex in the NO.1 city of the philippines ()...di papatalo ang SM...just imagine what a competition could result to...at etong davao naman na ito tuwang tuwa, tawa siya ng tawa sa mga nangyayari...
you've mentioned enough names! hehe!! I want the name to be "SM Uptown".. sossy...

visit my main blog:
http://www.davaocityguy.me/
Il Tenore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM   #20
jogavilz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

SM Mall of Davao with a Durian rotunda hahaha
jogavilz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: