daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > East Africa > Ethiopia > Projects & Construction > Projects & Construction > General Ethiopia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 27th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #1
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 499

BAHIR DAR | Impact Real Estate Development | U/C

abesha no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 27th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #2
yosef
Ye Kebele Chairman

Likes (Received): 666

Thats in Bahir Dar? I wouldve never guessed it...
yosef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Yoniii

Likes (Received): 1265

I love the location near the lake, that's probably how I would like to live in the future.
Yoniii no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 05:59 PM   #4
abesha
BANNED

Likes (Received): 499

Some renders:

abesha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM   #5
jegna

Likes (Received): 0

My dream is to build a house like that in one of the Islands in lake tana.
jegna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM   #6
abnet

Likes (Received): 682

Impact real estate delivers 50 homes.

Quote:

By Elias Gebreselassie

Monday, 24 December 2012 08:09

Impact International Real Estate inaugurated its first batch of 50 houses it build for its clients in Bahir Dar near Lake Tana, on December 16th.

The 50 houses inaugurated in Amhara Regional State, 563 kms north of Addis Ababa are among the first batches of the 120 houses construction project launched about six years ago. These housing project is part of the 400 houses the company is constructing on a 150,000 square meters of land at a cost of more than 450 million birr in the lake side.
The real estate company says so far the construction has created 300 employment opportunities, with plans for constructing health facilities, schools, and various entertainment facilities with bungalows, a supermarket and other services.
Minyechel Getnet (Eng) founder and General Manager of Impact Real estate said Bahir Dar’s location make it an ideal place for residence, entertainment, conference and tourism services and as such has attracted the attention of Ethiopian Diaspora and people of Ethiopian lineage.
“Even though there was a shortage of cement and price escalation during construction work, as well as price escalation of iron and other related construction inputs and shortage of qualified staff, these didn’t prevent us from delivering the houses as we promised,” Minyechel said.

Ahmed Abitewe vice-president of the Amhara Regional state and head of the region’s industry and urban development bureau said that his administration is building low cost condominium houses to resolve the acute housing shortage seen in the region.
“Current housing projects undertaken by our administration is creating job opportunities for the society,” Ahmed said adding that such private companies involvement in the housing sector will help to curb the shortage.
Dr. Tadesse Yeshiwas who was one of the first to make residence with his wife and three kids at his 500 square meter house he purchased at 726,000 birr said it has allowed him to get relieved of rental houses.
The housing units Impact Real Estate has finished or is constructing rest on an area ranging from 250 square meters to 750 sq.ms.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.capitalethiopia.com/index...ital&Itemid=27
abnet no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #7
African Lion

Likes (Received): 303

Why cant they ever build homes like these in the USA.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Yoniii

They can if you pay for it. It's impossible to get that quality for 800 000 birr.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #9
yosiast

Likes (Received): 73

Why not Yoniii? Prices are not as inflated in Bahir Dar as they are in Addis. Keep in mind the price of land is really what makes building homes expensive, especially in Addis. And I know for a fact Bahir Dar's price of land is dirt cheap compared to Addis.
yosiast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #10
Yoniii

Can you really get a big nice house with quality material for only 800k birr? I'm just counting labor and material costs, not land.. I'm also guessing that the material needs to be imported..
Old January 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Yoniii

By the way, these house look good IMO, but I'm not having high hopes on the interior. I've seen so many villas around Bole that look like a luxury mansion while the inside looks like shit.