daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM   #41
elianzoom

Likes (Received): 0

I think that in Europe should be many years ago a kind of code to reconstruc the cities that were damaged in WWII. Usually the history of european cities goes back at least 1000 years in most of the cases, so an ideal european city should be preverved by layers or rings. Inner rings are the oldest ones so the way to reconstruc this zones must be preserve the old stile architecture at leat in the facades and the urban grid of the old streets. I think that Poland has made a very good work on this. Just keep the differents zones of the city with itīs own style, thatīs a beautifull city for me.
elianzoom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #42
TheReconstructer

Likes (Received): 176

Quote:
Originally Posted by elianzoom View Post
I think that in Europe should be many years ago a kind of code to reconstruc the cities that were damaged in WWII. Usually the history of european cities goes back at least 1000 years in most of the cases, so an ideal european city should be preverved by layers or rings. Inner rings are the oldest ones so the way to reconstruc this zones must be preserve the old stile architecture at leat in the facades and the urban grid of the old streets. I think that Poland has made a very good work on this. Just keep the differents zones of the city with itīs own style, thatīs a beautifull city for me.
Just in the inner ring that has to be the Old Town, like in Breslau, Warsaw, Gdansk and Chelmno you do the reconstructions of the buildings which originally stood there. In the outer rings like the Business District and the new quarters where flats, houses and other buildings stand just modern buildings, like skyscrapers and such things. Just in the Innercity old buildings, with an combination of modernist buildings which DO fit in the sight of a street/plaza/road and will not irritate people about the way it is build or designded
TheReconstructer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
groningen, reconstruction, rekonstruktion, rekonstruktionen