daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #241
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 169

It's a shame that there are so few Slavic carriers left which offer long haul service. As we can see, JAT along with CSA, Malev, Tarom all once offered long haul service. I really hope in the near future we will see these carriers reopening long haul ops.
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:02 AM   #242
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 106

well come to our thread [email protected] share some information about anything in the balkan except
(croatian)
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #243
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola10 View Post
well come to our thread [email protected] share some information about anything in the balkan except
(croatian)
Now that's not very nice because Croatia is one of the many addresses I reside in, and if I'm not mistaken this is the international thread section, no ???

Words of wisdon, inspire yourself with western culture since your in Australia now, and forget about the out dated one issue Balkan mentallity.

Where there is little prosperity, there is always little culture, never forget that.

Education, tolerance, understanding one another is the only light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way I'm in Belgrade quite often, I have a good customer/client base there. When I go out with my business partners who are born, and raised in Belgrade we realize through conversation that we have alot in common with every day life in Zagreb. The biggest problem being both our cities have huge non urban populations that have moved into our cities, obviously bringing they're not so urban culture with them.

Back to topic,

the reason most of these Slavic carriers don't fly intercontinental is simply because they don't want to compete, and just agree to comply feeding the legacy carriers, and alliances, that simple.

There is definately a market out there for BEG/ZAG together, neither one is strong enough to do it on they're own.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #244
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 169

This may be a bit off topic but I wanted to ask what the general attitude Serbs and Serbia have towards Poland and Poles. I think both nations have lots in common and should support each other as we are both Slavic nations.

One thing that really bothers me is the fact that Poland along with a few other Slavic nations recognized Kosovo as an independent nation. Unfortunately today, Poland plays a bit of a US-puppet role which I never supported. One thing I can say to my Serbian brothers is that I'm sorry and hope that Kosovo returns to whom it belongs in the future.
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #245
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This may be a bit off topic but I wanted to ask what the general attitude Serbs and Serbia have towards Poland and Poles. I think both nations have lots in common and should support each other as we are both Slavic nations.

One thing that really bothers me is the fact that Poland along with a few other Slavic nations recognized Kosovo as an independent nation. Unfortunately today, Poland plays a bit of a US-puppet role which I never supported. One thing I can say to my Serbian brothers is that I'm sorry and hope that Kosovo returns to whom it belongs in the future.
I would have to agree with you on the Slavic nations helping eachother besides letting the West get richer and Slavic nations poorer. I have said it before, I can't wait to get on a new LOT 787 to WAW and connect to BEG on a nice EMB170. I think the price may be better and it's a better option than flying old/tired Austrian B767/F70/F100.

Last edited by YU-AMC; January 12th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #246
Nikola10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Now that's not very nice because Croatia is one of the many addresses I reside in, and if I'm not mistaken this is the international thread section, no ???

Words of wisdon, inspire yourself with western culture since your in Australia now, and forget about the out dated one issue Balkan mentallity.

Where there is little prosperity, there is always little culture, never forget that.

Education, tolerance, understanding one another is the only light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way I'm in Belgrade quite often, I have a good customer/client base there. When I go out with my business partners who are born, and raised in Belgrade we realize through conversation that we have alot in common with every day life in Zagreb. The biggest problem being both our cities have huge non urban populations that have moved into our cities, obviously bringing they're not so urban culture with them.

Back to topic,

the reason most of these Slavic carriers don't fly intercontinental is simply because they don't want to compete, and just agree to comply feeding the legacy carriers, and alliances, that simple.

There is definately a market out there for BEG/ZAG together, neither one is strong enough to do it on they're own.

JOKING OK
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:02 AM   #247
Nikola10

Belgrade most successful EX-YU airport in 2011

In 2011, Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport saw its most successful year in the past twenty two years and its third most successful year in history. The airport handled 3.124.633 passengers in 2011, an improvement of 16% on 2010 when it saw 2.698.730 passengers. The significant passenger surge was recorded despite the number of flights increasing by only 1.7%. In December, the airport maintained its double digit growth by handling 217.684 passengers, an increase of 13.2% compared to the same month in 2010. The busiest month of the year was July while the busiest route was Vienna. Strong passenger figures were propped up by Jat Airways, which itself managed to significantly improve its passenger figures as well as Wizz Air which opened its Belgrade base in March.

During 2011, the airport also managed to report a strong profit, decrease its aircraft handling fees several times and begin a multi million Euro overhaul and expansion project at the very end of the year. Despite the success, several airlines cancelled services to the Serbian capital in 2011. They are: B&H Airlines (Sarajevo), Cimber Sterling (Copenhagen), ČSA Czech Airlines (Prague) and Aerosvit Airlines (Kiev). On the other hand, several carriers commenced operations to Belgrade Airport in 2011. They include Olympic Air (Athens), Croatia Airlines (Dubrovnik), Flydubai (Dubai) and Sky Work Airlines (Bern).

Below you can view Belgrade Airport’s five most successful years since opening its doors in 1962

Year PAX
1987 3.311.951
1988 3.277.537
2011 3.124.633
1979 2.839.995
1986 2.822.908
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #248
Nikola10

Montenegro Airlines back in London

Montenegro Airlines will launch services from Tivat to London during the 2012 summer season, as the airline looks to recover after underperforming in 2011. Flights from Tivat will be inaugurated on Sunday, March 25 and will operate every Wednesday and Sunday on a seasonal summer basis. The airline is hoping to attract British tourists on the route but also profit from the 2012 Olympic Games, being held in the British capital from July 27. This summer, all of the national carriers of the former Yugoslavia (with the exception of B&H Airlines) will be offering flights to either London Heathrow Airport or London Gatwick. Flight details for Montenegro Airlines’ new service can be viewed here.

Until the start of the 2011/2012 winter season, Montenegro’s national carrier operated regular all year round flights to London from its hub in Podgorica. However, the service was cancelled after it reported major losses on the route. Although the Montenegrin carrier is yet to report precise passenger figures for 2011, it carried just under 600.000 according to its CEO, a decrease of 5% compared to 2010 when it welcomed 630.000 passengers onboard.

Meanwhile, Tivat Airport handled approximately 645.000 passengers in 2011, an increase of 20% compared to 2010. It managed to finish the year off well ahead of EX-YU capital city airports such as Sarajevo and Podgorica. On the other hand, Podgorica handled approximately 615.000 passengers, down 4% on 2010.
Old January 12th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #249
Nikola10

I think that Jat Airways need a new livery
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:05 AM   #250
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
JOKING OK
Super, now we can stick to our passion which is aviation.
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:43 AM   #251
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Super, now we can stick to our passion which is aviation.
Not that I suggest any negative material, but we are all familiar with some Croats and Serb ugly fights in Australia haha. At least here in Canada, we got no issues. (Thank god hehe) So I understand Nikola's humour.

Btw do you have any images of Jat in Toronto from the 1980s/1990s? I have not been to Toronto Pearson for a while because I was busy, but the last time when I was there I met some older gentleman in his 50s. He told me how he started visitng the airport since he was a teenager. He said that he recalls quite well Jat's 707s and DC10s. The funny thing was that he was amazed when I told him that the Jat still in business. I found out from him that the Jat's DC10s would land on Runway 24R. For some reason the bigger birds used to land on 24R instead of 23R. I am not sure why, but the runway 23R still existed back in the 1980s.
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:51 AM   #252
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It's a shame that there are so few Slavic carriers left which offer long haul service. As we can see, JAT along with CSA, Malev, Tarom all once offered long haul service. I really hope in the near future we will see these carriers reopening long haul ops.
True, but I think all these nations have some peak periods, I should say glory days. Lets be honest on this one, I bet those foxy Turks must be proud when this bomber comes on the runway R23 straight from IST.

Old January 12th, 2012, 05:01 AM   #253
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
I think that Jat Airways need a new livery
I think so too. Well, almost all the planes are back in the service except one B737. So expect the livery to be done very soon I hope.

Btw Nikola, there is European Handball championship going on in Serbia now in January. So don't be surprised if you see the traffic numbers up by 20%.
Old January 12th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #254
Nikola10

yea i've heard it might rise up to 13-20% traffic and the jat airways livery need to have a new colour like stick with the old colour they have and redesign different shape of logo
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #255
Nikola10

or it will be better with the 2 headed eagle you know the one in our flag yea put it on the jat airways tail represent serbia national airline
Old January 12th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #256
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Not that I suggest any negative material, but we are all familiar with some Croats and Serb ugly fights in Australia haha. At least here in Canada, we got no issues. (Thank god hehe) So I understand Nikola's humour.

Btw do you have any images of Jat in Toronto from the 1980s/1990s? I have not been to Toronto Pearson for a while because I was busy, but the last time when I was there I met some older gentleman in his 50s. He told me how he started visitng the airport since he was a teenager. He said that he recalls quite well Jat's 707s and DC10s. The funny thing was that he was amazed when I told him that the Jat still in business. I found out from him that the Jat's DC10s would land on Runway 24R. For some reason the bigger birds used to land on 24R instead of 23R. I am not sure why, but the runway 23R still existed back in the 1980s.
Hi guys, I know all to much about this whole Croat, and Serb negative history. Born, and raised out side of the Balkans I don't let my self get sucked into this dumb, out dated nonsense. I judge people by they're character, and achievements, the way it should be in a civilized human way. In the end we are all brothers, if you look at it in a positive way we have more in common than you think.

Sorry got no pics of the old days, but I wish I did, even though we never had digital cameras back then. Back in the day we would park the car on the service part of 427 south, and walk right up to the fence, and watch the jets land. Now you can't do that any more in YYZ, the police won't let you. I remember when JAT moved to terminal one, it was always parked on the north/east inner part of the terminal. You could actually walk out of the terminal, and see the aircraft parked at the gate, brings back great memories.

I even flew on the old Adria Airways Dash-7 back in the day. I had a business meeting in Sarajevo a while back, and had to fly to Frankfurt so I booked a flight on Air Bosna if I believe. The airframe was a Yak-42, that was also an interesting experience, even got to see the cockpit, and chat with the pilots.

Did Zagreb - Moscow on Aeroflote a few times also, got to experience the Tu-134, and 154, now thats some thing you can't do in Canada.

Have you guys flown on many types of aircraft ? Let me know all about it.

I'm in Dubai often so you could imagine the pleasure that brings for an aviation buff like me. My neighbor in Dubai is an EK 380 captain, great guy, we hang out alot, and chat. I was once on a flight with him from Dubai to Sydney, he made sure the cabin crew took really good care of me. He even took me to experience the 380 simulator, now how good is that.
Old January 13th, 2012, 01:58 AM   #257
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Here's what's new for 2012 from the BEG;

Norwegian Air Shuttle;

CPH to be launched with 737

Jat Airways ;

scheduled to launch six new routes (Dubai, Tripoli, Malta, London Gatwick, Split and Pula) "
SVO-Moscow from 7 weekly to 10 weekly
IST to 7 weekly
MXP to 7 weekly

Skyworks from Bern;

TO be bumped up to 5 from 3 weekly

Fly Dubai , we expect to go up to 5-7 flights during the summer.

Qatar Airways, 4 flights a week from DOHA

Astra,a few flights from Thessaloniki

AVIOGENEX; charters to be boosted.
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:12 AM   #258
Nikola10

hey umm how did it go with skyworks airways
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:15 AM   #259
Nikola10

jat airways really need a new fleet right now
Old January 13th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #260
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
hey umm how did it go with skyworks airways
Very good. I found the pictures from a very first flight. They want up bump up BEG, and they are already sending Q400 besides that small airplane. They are looking into serving Nis in the Spring.

Details here;
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/203973/

BEG

Tags
belgrade, european hub airport