daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 31st, 2012, 02:39 PM   #301
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Ha I don't follow that because I am more of a tennis guy.

Btw Noir, I wanted to ask you what did you think of Jat's DC10s back in the days? Was the service decent? I always wanted to fly on a DC10, but never got a chance. I bet it's faster than a B767-300? I wonder who paid for the expensive seats, I bet some rich Croats and Serbs?
I remember the D10s being the shit in the day, out of this world for Yugo standards. The first time I boarded the plane was in ZG, actually standing right next/under the plane because there were no gates, it felt massive. The service was never good on JAT, but most YUGO pax never knew of some thing better, they were just loyal customers, and knew the crew could speak Serbo Croat on board. I always laughed when they brought those small bottles of wine that said Kvalitetno Vino on them, that was funny. I use to love Fructals gusti sokovi also, still do. I also remember every person onboard was a smoker which comes to no surprise in the Balkans, it was like fog in the cabin. I remember when ever the plane would land every body on board would clap they're hands. Those were actually fun days back in the day, I knew once the flight arrived it was off to the beach for the summer.

I sat in business once with the owner of Yugotours, he was interesting to talk to. He actually gave JAT alot of cargo business. Don't know what ever happened to his company, but most companies just changed YUGO to Euro in the beggining of they're names.
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:27 AM   #302
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

"Kvalitetno vino" hahaha that was a good one. When I look at the Canadian/American/EU carriers back in the days, I think the DC10 were the shit for the Western Carriers. There is a good reason why Americans shut it down. hehe. Don't forget, Jat ordered about five MD11s to replace the DC10s.
Yugostours was and is something as Italian Nolitours here in Canada. I am amazed that Yugotours is still around. http://www.yugotours.co.rs/ (If that's the right one)..
Going back to Jat and flights/Cargo, I think only Jat and Olympic flew to Toronto/MTL from the Balkans. Those two would get most of the pax, as well as cargo. There was Bulgarian Balkan during the 1990s, but I doubt it was all year around service... I bet it was there just for the status, because I doubt they could fill their planes. Olympic axed YYZ, and there is only TURKISH left. I am sure TK is here to stay for a long period.
I know Jat is not the best, and service is/was just as you described it, but it has many adventages. I bet it was much easier to bring older grandparents and fly them to Canada. I am sure it would be a nightmare to fly them via EU. That's the adventage of having a direct flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
I remember the D10s being the shit in the day, out of this world for Yugo standards. The first time I boarded the plane was in ZG, actually standing right next/under the plane because there were no gates, it felt massive. The service was never good on JAT, but most YUGO pax never knew of some thing better, they were just loyal customers, and knew the crew could speak Serbo Croat on board. I always laughed when they brought those small bottles of wine that said Kvalitetno Vino on them, that was funny. I use to love Fructals gusti sokovi also, still do. I also remember every person onboard was a smoker which comes to no surprise in the Balkans, it was like fog in the cabin. I remember when ever the plane would land every body on board would clap they're hands. Those were actually fun days back in the day, I knew once the flight arrived it was off to the beach for the summer.

I sat in business once with the owner of Yugotours, he was interesting to talk to. He actually gave JAT alot of cargo business. Don't know what ever happened to his company, but most companies just changed YUGO to Euro in the beggining of they're names.
YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM   #303
noir-dresses
bling bling

Totally forgot about the most important reason, Direct Flight. You just hit the nail on the head.
Old February 1st, 2012, 01:55 PM   #304
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 106

hey sorry for not talking well i've been to sydney for a fun with our families and yea it was pretty good
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 01:00 AM   #305
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

2012 January traffic figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by gygy11 View Post
January 2011.........178.732
Januar 2012.........214.579
20% BOOST!

(Source)
Official data from www.beg.aero
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:26 AM   #306
toronto club

Likes (Received): 0

Great news for BEG
Lets hope that the increase of passengers continues throughout the year. Are there any rumors of new airlines arriving to BEG?
toronto club no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2012, 03:58 AM   #307
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
Totally forgot about the most important reason, Direct Flight. You just hit the nail on the head.
I am afraid that's a deal breaker right there... I have used all sorts of European airlines, and they are not what they used to be. LH/OS seem to send older A340s/B767 to YYZ. (two decades old to be precise as I google their reg numbers). If Jat had a chance to come up with a newer plane and offer direct service, I doubt if Germans and Austrians can compensate with their better service to come ahead.. All that with a two decade old equipment? I doubt it.. I pointed OS and LH because they carry a huge slack of Ex Yu traffic due to their monopoly. Don't forget luggage issues. You can easly lose your luggage when you connect. That may not be the case with a direct flight. Then the small things come such as; saving 3-4 hours in transit and more comfy way of flying back home.

Maybe one more, drinking Tim Hortons coffee and watching the airplane arrive from your homeland? Nothing can compensate for that. haha
Old February 2nd, 2012, 05:59 AM   #308
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto club View Post
Great news for BEG
Lets hope that the increase of passengers continues throughout the year. Are there any rumors of new airlines arriving to BEG?
For now there is talk about Qatar Airways. Looks as they are working on it to pair it with Skopje.

Last edited by YU-AMC; February 2nd, 2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM   #309
Nikola10

BEG need flight from the middle east....for those who coming from australia toward serbia and plus Jat Airways service to dubai it ""crap"" we get one sandwich and done rather than fly dubai or emirates those who have tray meal
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:42 AM   #310
noir-dresses
bling bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
I am afraid that's a deal breaker right there... I have used all sorts of European airlines, and they are not what they used to be. LH/OS seem to send older A340s/B767 to YYZ. (two decades old to be precise as I google their reg numbers). If Jat had a chance to come up with a newer plane and offer direct service, I doubt if Germans and Austrians can compensate with their better service to come ahead.. All that with a two decade old equipment? I doubt it.. I pointed OS and LH because they carry a huge slack of Ex Yu traffic due to their monopoly. Don't forget luggage issues. You can easly lose your luggage when you connect. That may not be the case with a direct flight. Then the small things come such as; saving 3-4 hours in transit and more comfy way of flying back home.

Maybe one more, drinking Tim Hortons coffee and watching the airplane arrive from your homeland? Nothing can compensate for that. haha
Last year I was waiting in Hooters on the terace while eating a burger for my wifes flight to pass over head, now that was cool.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:08 PM   #311
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka View Post
The construction works at BEG will last for 2 or 3 weeks. Those works are not part of terminal reconstruction but are processed due to main beam reinforcement. Namely, BEG has procured modern X-rays that will be installed. When works are completed the number of X-rays at the centralized security control will be increased to 6. Additionally, as soon as works are completed, JU returns at T2.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:55 AM   #312
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola10 View Post
BEG need to put the new jetways on the A gates like the C gates those glass one and it would be better
The ones mounted on C gates cost about $300 000 usd per unit. I think it's a good investment because BEG charges 150 euros per aircraft if it is used. Btw here is the picture from the early 1980s when BEG got jetways. I suppose BEG was the first in the Balkans to have it. I guess it had something to do with the Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:32 AM   #313
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Late January pictures ( work being done on the gates A2-A6)

Source

http://www.gradnja.rs/radovi-na-reko...-nikola-tesla/
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:14 AM   #314
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Sky Work Airlines in Summer 2012 season is further boosting frequencies on Bern - Belgrade route, with service increase to 4 weekly, starting 24 June:

SX700 1135BRN-1335BEG 1267 EQV
SX701 1405BEG-1610BRN 1267 EQV

(source-flyskywork)
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #315
Nikola10

can we see the progress on the renorvation at belgrade airport
Old February 6th, 2012, 12:05 PM   #316
iamawesomezero
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

very beautiful!
iamawesomezero no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #317
Nikola10

welcome
Old February 8th, 2012, 05:20 AM   #318
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Qatar Airways to BEG soon to be finalized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airliners.net View Post
Schedules for HEL, ELQ, MBA, ZNZ, BEG, LED, KBP to be announced.
Source;

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/5378473/

Here it is in Budapest.

Old February 8th, 2012, 09:35 AM   #319
Nikola10

wow can't wait till it come to BELGRADE!
Old February 8th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #320
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola10 View Post
wow can't wait till it come to BELGRADE!
Yeah!

Btw FlyDubai is setting up a very agressive marketing in the region. They got about 10-15 billboards in Osijek, Banja Luka, Nis and Novi Sad. They put 170euro sign on it advertising one leg from Belgrade. I hope Qatar will do the same. Here is the picture from Banja Luka, Bosnia;

Tags
belgrade, european hub airport