daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2015, 09:49 AM   #1161
mashine1984

Likes (Received): 3198

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWW king View Post
Belgrade airport among fastest growing in Europe
I think this was the last year that Belgrad Airport would have such a big grouth. It was due to the fact that Air Serbia until last year were in a collapse. I think that they've reached their potential and from now on it will grow with 5-10%.
mashine1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #1162
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashine1984 View Post
I think this was the last year that Belgrad Airport would have such a big grouth. It was due to the fact that Air Serbia until last year were in a collapse. I think that they've reached their potential and from now on it will grow with 5-10%.
January had 15 % boost, so I would not worry. In 2016, the A320NEOs will start entering JU's fleet. Than, there are foxy Muslims from UAE with fresh petro cash. I am sure we can still snag 20% boost this year as well. Keep in mind that there are quite a few financially rotten airlines in the former Yugoslavia where Air Serbia can pick up the slack.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM   #1163
mashine1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
January had 15 % boost, so I would not worry. In 2016, the A320NEOs will start entering JU's fleet. Than, there are foxy Muslims from UAE with fresh petro cash. I am sure we can still snag 20% boost this year as well. Keep in mind that there are quite a few financially rotten airlines in the former Yugoslavia where Air Serbia can pick up the slack.
Yes, I know abut the capacity that Air Serbia has in EX YU countries and I'm also aware of the petro cash of the arabs. But I still stand for what I said before.
1. Etihad has other 2 big companies in Europe Alitalia and Air Berlin. So, I don't think that they will expand without limitation in Serbia, because they already have 2 of the major hubs in Europe - Rome and Milano.
2. Yes, the growth in January was 15%, but beware that the boom that Air Serbia had last year was after June, so, this year until June you will still have around 15% growth, but it will start to decrease from July. Probably in the end of the year the growth will be around 10%.
Old March 1st, 2015, 10:22 AM   #1164
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Yes, I know abut the capacity that Air Serbia has in EX YU countries and I'm also aware of the petro cash of the arabs. But I still stand for what I said before.
1. Etihad has other 2 big companies in Europe Alitalia and Air Berlin. So, I don't think that they will expand without limitation in Serbia, because they already have 2 of the major hubs in Europe - Rome and Milano.
2. Yes, the growth in January was 15%, but beware that the boom that Air Serbia had last year was after June, so, this year until June you will still have around 15% growth, but it will start to decrease from July. Probably in the end of the year the growth will be around 10%.

I think you should leave over-thinking and stick with the facts. I like the facts better over thinking. The company was recreated (rebranded) on October 2013 , and they boosted their rotations right at the end of that year of 2013. You can dig more into it. They are boosting Zagreb and Ljubljana with doubly daily as we speak. Also, Air Serbia is still working on its brand awareness. It has a long way to go. It is yet to be discovered as an airline.
To wrap up, I am pretty sure the German and Italian markets were always strong and lucrative. Etihad had their eye on these markets way before they invested in the old good JU.
Old March 1st, 2015, 10:25 AM   #1165
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola10 View Post
long time no talk my friend how you been lately. still in Canada?

Nice to see you around. I am heading to Belgrade for the Spring break.
Old March 1st, 2015, 02:14 PM   #1166
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 106

Quote:
Nice to see you around. I am heading to Belgrade for the Spring break.
Ahh nice take some pic of the airport if you could. im coming to Serbia end of 2016 and then after that go america and Canada.
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2015, 04:07 PM   #1167
mashine1984

Quote:
I think you should leave over-thinking and stick with the facts. I like the facts better over thinking. The company was recreated (rebranded) on October 2013 , and they boosted their rotations right at the end of that year of 2013. You can dig more into it. They are boosting Zagreb and Ljubljana with doubly daily as we speak. Also, Air Serbia is still working on its brand awareness. It has a long way to go. It is yet to be discovered as an airline.
To wrap up, I am pretty sure the German and Italian markets were always strong and lucrative. Etihad had their eye on these markets way before they invested in the old good JU.
Dear friend, I'm an economist and I'm always trying to analyse data. You can look at the trend (the info is from Nikola Tesla Airport website):
Jan 14 29%
Feb 14 34%
Mar 14 28%
Apr 14 46%
May 14 28%
Jun 14 29%
Jul 14 25%
Aug 14 31%
Sep 14 39%
Oct 14 38%
Nov 14 25%
Dec 14 22%
Jan 15 14%

Does this tells you anything? Does the volatility tells you anything?
Old March 2nd, 2015, 06:25 PM   #1168
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!

Likes (Received): 3788

m-man, aleksandar_s, Singidunum, Kolony liked this post
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2015, 10:35 AM   #1169
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

SR Technics to establish maintenance base in Belgrade (BEG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Tehnics
PRESS RELEASE
February 27, 2015 – Zurich, Switzerland: At SR Technics, we continually review our
business plans, taking into consideration the longer term prospects for the MRO market as
well as the wider economic environment.
SR Technics is recognized as one of the most long-standing and respected MRO providers on
the continent, and our global customer base has come to rely on the high level of service we
provide. However, a range of factors - including the impact of currency fluctuations and the
high cost of providing certain services from our Swiss base – are requiring us to adapt in order
to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
As a result of current economic factors and the changing dynamics of the MRO market,
SR Technics will commence a consultation process in relation to up to 250 current and open
administrative positions in Zurich over the next twelve months. At the same time SR Technics
will establish a business process center located in Belgrade, Serbia.
Today’s action will only strengthen the sustainability of providing our core services to
customers while prudently managing our cost base. We have done this successfully in the
past by establishing centers of service in Malta and Malaysia.
We look forward to continue providing service to our customers and positioning SR Technics
as a leader in this industry.

http://www.srtechnics.com/datas/news...se_E_final.pdf .
Old March 3rd, 2015, 03:03 PM   #1170
mashine1984

Quote:
Very good!
Old March 4th, 2015, 07:31 AM   #1171
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksandar_s View Post
Februar 2015. - 264.816
Februar 2014. - 232.065

+14%

The traffic numbers for February.
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #1172
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

I would love to know what percentage of pax at BEG are transiting, and what % are O&D. Anyone care to venture an educated guess?
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 05:06 AM   #1173
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

The best year for Belgrade Airport (27M Euro Profit)

Google translated version.

Quote:
Belgrade airport "Nikola Tesla" stated that in the last year achieved a record net profit of 27 million euros.

Total net profit of the airport is 27,034,163 euros (about 3.2 billion), which is a record in the 52-year history of the airport, a consequence of the rationalization of operations in all segments - said in a statement airport.

The statement does not specify how the net profit has grown in the last quarter (October - December 2014) by as much as 2 billion dinars, considering that according to the financial report at the end of the third quarter (September 30, 2014), which was published on BSE net profit amounted to 1.2 billion dinars, or about 9.9 million.

During this period, the airport according to the Decision of the Government of Serbia on 11 December (Decision no. 40-15095 / 2014-1) write off the debt of Air Serbiji for services rendered during the period from 1 January to 30 September 2014 in the amount of 1.5 billion.

In a statement the airport is also mentioned that last year was the leader of the increase in value of the shares received the list of the Belgrade Stock Exchange with a growth in value of shares of up to 92.64 percent. The value of shares of the airport "Nikola Tesla" is this year continues to increase.

Airport "Nikola Tesla" states that in 2014, increased its value "for several hundred million euros thanks to cost rationalization, solid commercial policy and the extraordinary increase in air traffic, as well as the number of passengers of the national airline Air Serbia".

In 2014, a record 4,638,577 passengers used the services of Belgrade airport, an increase of 31 percent compared to 2013. The statement said that the number of passengers in the first two months of 2015 increased by 14 percent, and the volume of traffic to 7 percent, while cargo traffic increased by 18 percent.
http://www.aviokarta.net/vesti/2988-...ekordnu-dobit/
Old March 14th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #1174
mashine1984

The Serbian authorities have denied traffic rights to Qatar Airways to fly between Belgrad and Sofia.

http://www.aviokarta.net/vesti/3014-...beogradsofija/
Old March 14th, 2015, 06:08 PM   #1175
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
The Serbian authorities have denied traffic rights to Qatar Airways to fly between Belgrad and Sofia.

http://www.aviokarta.net/vesti/3014-...beogradsofija/
I am fairly sure Qatar's objective is fly non-stop form Belgrade to their hub Doha. They can't compete with Etihad, Fly Dubai and Air Serbia with stop overs. Emirates is expected to add BEG very soon to their destination list. March is shaping up to have 20% in cargo and passenger increase.
Old March 14th, 2015, 07:21 PM   #1176
mashine1984

Quote:
I am fairly sure Qatar's objective is fly non-stop form Belgrade to their hub Doha. They can't compete with Etihad, Fly Dubai and Air Serbia with stop overs. Emirates is expected to add BEG very soon to their destination list. March is shaping up to have 20% in cargo and passenger increase.
Actually they flew Sofia-Bucharest until 28th of February and the line had a good load. They were giving the best prices for thas line. If they wanted to have the rights, so they were going forsure to use them. As a matter of fact for one day /only for one day/ they were selling tickets from Belgrade to Sofia, but possibly they've quitted following the decision of the Serbian ministry.
Old March 15th, 2015, 05:35 AM   #1177
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Emirates is expected to add BEG very soon to their destination list.
They are expected by whom?

mashine1984 liked this post
aleksandar_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2015, 01:26 AM   #1178
Rumours
BANNED

Likes (Received): 48

Air Serbia is doing good recently, isn't it?

mashine1984 liked this post
Rumours no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2015, 07:55 PM   #1179
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

www.airliners.net
Old April 5th, 2015, 02:12 PM   #1180
mashine1984

The numbers for March