daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas > Completed

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 6th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #1421
AkosiPintor

Likes (Received): 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysrael View Post
Those properties you mention ay pag-aari talaga ng INC kaya tayo ang nag-pangalan. Unlike ng Ciudad de Victoria na na-acquire lang natin sa dating may-ari ng property. Who knows INC might change the name in the future.
I think it was pure coincidence that the naming "victoria" has prime significance with INC and the former property owner. The mere fact that the property was already purchased by INC gives it all exclusive rights to enjoy and dispose the property without other limitations other than those established by law. Unless, there's been a financial agreement between INC and the former owner regarding exclusive naming rights of the property which I doubt would happen, INC has the sole inherent bundle of rights to property ownership (including the naming of property).

-AkosiPintor

"I'm an artist... and I speak out loud"

Last edited by AkosiPintor; February 6th, 2013 at 05:25 AM.
AkosiPintor no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old February 6th, 2013, 05:16 AM   #1422
AkosiPintor

I agree.. so sad..

The Philippine Sports Complex is like a toppled lunchbox and the Stadium looks more of a Chamber pot.. yes, mukha siyang "arinola". I know that's a bit exaggerated but I'm still hoping that the renders are not yet final. It would be disappointing if the majestic PA will be sharing vicinity with grotesque structures. I understand the considerations, it might be the time-constraint involve and to further design complexity will delay the target completion. Let's also take note that the PS and SC are being handled by local contractors so what can we expect? Mediocre structures.

-AkosiPintor

Last edited by AkosiPintor; February 6th, 2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #1423
ardvo
over seeing...

Likes (Received): 2233

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkosiPintor View Post
I agree.. so sad..

The Philippine Sports Complex is like a toppled lunchbox and the Stadium looks more of a Chamber pot.. yes, mukha siyang "arinola". I know that's a bit exaggerated but I'm still hoping that the renders are not yet final. It would be disappointing if the majestic PA will be sharing vicinity with grotesque structures. I understand the considerations, it might be the time-constraint involve and to further design complexity will delay the target completion. Let's also take note that the PS and SC are being handled by local contractors so what can we expect? Mediocre structures.

Design by Generation Design Asia (GDA) its parent company is also NSJBI. This guys are not into designing sports arena. Hope they tap populous or buro happold as consultants for aesthetics since we cant do anything in structural. Since this 2 is involved in designing PA maybe they can give discount. haaayyyz hope it's not final.. really
World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas - Philippine Arena

Last edited by ardvo; February 6th, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
ardvo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #1424
Ysrael

Likes (Received): 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardvo View Post
Design by Generation Design Asia (GDA) its parent company is also NSJBI. This guys are not into designing sports arena. Hope they tap populous or buro happold as consultants for aesthetics since we cant do anything in structural. Since this 2 is involved in designing PA maybe they can give discount. haaayyyz hope it's not final.. really
Guys, guys...It seems to me na marami ang nagiging demanding sa design. Why is there any Stadium or sport complex much better than this one in our country right now? Maging thankful na lang tayo pwede?
Ysrael no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:16 AM   #1425
ardvo
over seeing...

Quote:
Guys, guys...It seems to me na marami ang nagiging demanding sa design. Why is there any Stadium or sport complex much better than this one in our country right now? Maging thankful na lang tayo pwede?
i find this one much better proposed sports complex at Tagum, Davao del norte ..

and here is an under-construction ADDU Community Tower and Assembly Hall which also a sports center which i find much better

but that's not the point. This is skyscraper forum we talk about buildings, design & architecture. We are entitled to our own opinion & hope we can contribute to the universe by our opinion & ideas...
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #1426
east.raven

Likes (Received): 2

Guyz, relax lang. atless meron tau nitong facilities.. hindi lang sa plano at drawing. peace. at sa palagay ko d lang masyadong detail ung render nila.. kaw ba naman magsabaysabay ang projects at time constrain pa.
east.raven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #1427
red_eagle_1982
frustrated architect

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Well, I thought that was the point of sites like Skyscrapercity.com - to allow people to praise or critique structures that have been built, are being built or will be built. Otherwise, there's no point setting up a FORUM like Skyscrapercity if we can't express our opinions. It's called a forum and not a building-appreciation website.

Further, there is nothing wrong with airing aesthetic preferences and suggestions. Believe it or not, public clamor has been influential in the final design of proposed structures.

Besides, if people criticize the design, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are dissing the project for the sake of dissing it. It just means that we are free country and we can freely express our opinions. So, deal with it.

Going back to the topic. I agree with the many who have expressed reservations about the over simplicity of the designs for the Philippine Sports Center and the Philippine Stadium. Both proposed structures pale in comparison to the iconic design of the Philippine Arena. Since the INC is known for building iconic structures, why not gun for a more iconic PSC and PS design?

Just my $.02
red_eagle_1982 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #1428
Edgarsky

Likes (Received): 31

Sa tingin ko rushed ang pagkagawa ng plano ng phil stadium, at phil sport center, from the original plan wala naman talaga ang phil sport center, at iyong phil stadium or new era stadium dati 10k seating capacity lang ito pero ginawang 20k na. Marahil ang phil government ang nag suggest ng mga pag babagong ito, kaya kapansin pansin na pati ang mga pangalan ay sinunod na sa pangalan ng bansa.
Edgarsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #1429
captainpinoy

Likes (Received): 554

the phil stadium design is simple because it is not the centerpiece of a new city. Pansinin niyo yung mga asian games. Yung pinaka main stadium nila yung engrande yung design, while other multi sports venue na katabi ng main stadium is simple lang. Guys be happy kasi talagang pinagkakagastusan ng ating admin yung event natin. Almost a hundred yrs. pa lang ang inc pero we are bless that we can build magnificent structures. What more we can do if we will enter another century? Other religion use force labor para magawa ang mga structures nila and to mention others have tithings etc.
captainpinoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #1430
AkosiPintor

Sino ba nagsimula ng kaguluhan na to? hehe

Anyway, let's backdown from our personal biases and be objective in the topic. I agree that nowhere in the country is currently having the same level of facilities nor even close to what is being constructed in CDV. That's non-arguable but the thing is we're constructing a facility which is subject to International scrutiny. CDV is to served a global community sponsored by a global church and I think it's only rightful that we bring the best CDV could offer (visually and technically). The cost for the centennial project is extremely massive and that might be a signficant consideration we need to look at. Complex designs would require a great amount of money and it will take time to plan which I think is no longer feasible since the target completion of all structures will be on the 1st quarter of 2014. Maybe, the design just looks bad in paper but it might be visually impressive when they're completed. For now, let's wait, sit this one out and make use of our critical minds.

“I criticize by creation, not by finding fault.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

-AkosiPintor

Old February 6th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #1431
ardvo
over seeing...

when the project criticize does not necessarily imply "to find fault" . It just mean the simple expression of an objection against prejudice, or a disapproval. At Skyscraper we criticize because we evaluate, we interpret, we suggest, we help & we contribute on context. Take it is a positive criticism and hopefully we learn something to each other.Look at the brighter side, who knows the central admin is reading SSC and they will see the other side of the polygon
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:06 AM   #1432
ardvo
over seeing...

case closed. update!

ProudtobeINC liked this post
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1433
ardvo
over seeing...

TOP VIEW OF PHILIPPINE ARENA

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #1434
ardvo
over seeing...

People behind the project

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1435
ardvo
over seeing...

And this is it
inside the arena newest update!!!

Dec 2012 - Jan 2013

tyronne, captainpinoy liked this post
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #1436
captainpinoy

thank you ardvo for posting the updates
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #1437
leofriends
Foru'm Advisor

Likes (Received): 395

jaw Dropped..

Mabuhay! Welcome to the Pearl of the Orient Seas!
METRO MANILA SKYLINE SKYSCRAPERCITY PAGE
PHILIPPINE WEATHER DATA CLIMATEX
PHILIPPINE ECONOMY WIKIPEDIA | CREDIT RATINGS | GDP, GNP GROWTH | ECONOMIC FREEDOM | DOING BUSSINESS | GLOBAL COMPETITIVENESS

leofriends no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #1438
captainpinoy

From this point of view Do you think we can see the event on the main floor?
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #1439
Bulelek

Likes (Received): 28

Very Excited for the completion of the Philippine Arena, Stadium and Sports Center!!!

SIMPLE IS BEAUTIFUL

Whatever is the Final Outcome of the Edifices lets us all Thank Our Lord God for Making all these wonderful things happen during our times, history in the making right in our midst.

Thanks to All Of You Guys who takes the time and effort to update all of us here in abroad.

Let us all keep praying to Our Mighty Father to bless everybody who are involved in this projects and its successful completion.

PROUD TO BE INC!!!!

ProudtobeINC liked this post
Bulelek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #1440
ardvo
over seeing...

Philippine Stadium update

How huge? look at the dump truck

Tags